IMG_0166 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0108 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0145 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
427544480_438001162096613_4726558780365908600_n (resized).jpg
432351887_946619277018071_8910572839030189925_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 26,089 posts in this topic. You are on page 400 of 522.
#19951 3 years ago

More than I was hoping to spend, but still a fair price for this project.

#19952 3 years ago
Quoted from radial_head:

Emailed. We'll see what happens here. Beast of a game to move.

I've gotta move mine this weekend It's big, but not heavy. Much better than an 80B!

Quoted from radial_head:

Personally I love the "equal temperament arpeggio" featured Genie/Hulk and other Sys1 sound board sets. I'd take it over the boring collect sounds of Spiderman or Count Down

Yeah the Genie sounds are really good! They fit the theme well. Hulk always felt a bit wrong to me since it's basically the same sounds as Genie...

#19955 3 years ago

1941 Scientific Batter Up (Batting Practice?)

In one of 2 storage lockers.

nwct.craigslist.org link

#19956 3 years ago

Estate Sale - 03/20-21

Gorgar $500
Fireball Classic $1500
Woodland Hills, Ca
https://www.estatesales.net/CA/Woodland-Hills/91367/2821434

#19957 3 years ago
Quoted from undrdog:

I’ve been wondering the same thing! You folks are finding project machines for $300 and think even that is high. The projects I’ve come across are higher, although I did negotiate a very good deal on a set of three Hi-Hands.

Just bought a Flipper Fair project for $500. It came with new rubbers and a new schematic from Marcos. The playfield is in very good condition- no dings, some art worn off but visible in the usual wear areas. BG has two spots about the size of a quarter, but not super offensive. Seller had started working on it, but needed the room in his space. He also had a Mayfair in very nice condition. Besides needing the usual switch cleaning and adjusting, the only drawback is the painted cabinet. But it works with the art.

3AF02477-62FF-4DC7-850F-A67B341A6BD1 (resized).jpeg3AF02477-62FF-4DC7-850F-A67B341A6BD1 (resized).jpeg

4BF693A3-BBB2-492E-AF04-C8F91A9F45CC (resized).jpeg4BF693A3-BBB2-492E-AF04-C8F91A9F45CC (resized).jpeg
#19958 3 years ago

dallas.craigslist.org link

I got the yellow one!

6205A47D-5D4F-49D4-97BE-BB60688D24F7 (resized).png6205A47D-5D4F-49D4-97BE-BB60688D24F7 (resized).png
#19959 3 years ago

https://estatesales.org/estate-sales/or/hillsboro/97124/hillsboro-estate-sale-do-not-1880373/gallery

Pimlico for sale at a estate sale in Hillsboro (Portland), OR. Picture number 83.

Not much of a pin but at this point up here we’d scrabble over a sheet of plywood with a high bounce ball on it.

#19960 3 years ago
Quoted from truemagoo102:

It was a good race. Forceflow went to the basement, I went to the side room. I realized my mistake after 15 steps. When I raced downstairs and saw it Force had the tag in his hand. Well played, good sir

Guessing ForceFlow had the house mapped out ahead of time....nice pick up!

#19961 3 years ago

#demolition-man

TNT restored for auction here...
Pick up in Brookeville, MD
Closes thursday current bid $562.50 + 15%

https://bid.ezdownsizing.com/Event/LotDetails/22156982/1994-Williams-Demolition-Man-Pinball-Game-WORKS-GREAT-SEE-VIDEO

Nice looking pin....

#19963 3 years ago

#buccaneer

For auction here.
Closes 4-12, pick up 4-13 in Midlothian VA
Current bid $0 + 15%

https://bid.cannonsauctions.com/cgi-bin/mmlist.cgi?redbird116/606

#19964 3 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Guessing ForceFlow had the house mapped out ahead of time....nice pick up!

Nah. The photos of the game just looked like basement photos, so I just did a quick scan for stairs going down.

There were blueprints available on the realty site, but I had no idea about that ahead of time. It's rare that blueprints are included in listings.

#19966 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Nah. The photos of the game just looked like basement photos, so I just did a quick scan for stairs going down.
There were blueprints available on the realty site, but I had no idea about that ahead of time. It's rare that blueprints are included in listings.

Since your avatar is Clark Kent, we were expecting you to say you used x-ray vision to find the machine. Sounds more impressive.

#19967 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Yup. Always head for the basement first!

#19968 3 years ago

We've been doing a lot of research on old buildings (watching B movies on Svengoolie) and the mad scientist labs are always in the basement. So, be careful!

#19970 3 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Demolition Man
https://bid.ezdownsizing.com/Event/LotDetails/22156982/1994-Williams-Demolition-Man-Pinball-Game-WORKS-GREAT-SEE-VIDEO
Nice looking pin....

Thanks for posting nascarrey - I threw out a bid and was the high bidder for a few hours but somebody else just took the lead. Just as well since I now see pickup has to be on Saturday and I can't make that work. I hope it's one of us peer pinsiders who is now the top bid of $1K and that it doesn't go any higher.

-Rob
-visit https://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my replacement LED display boards for model H & model S Skee Ball

#19971 3 years ago
Quoted from dtrimberger:

https://estatesales.org/estate-sales/or/hillsboro/97124/hillsboro-estate-sale-do-not-1880373/gallery
Pimlico for sale at a estate sale in Hillsboro (Portland), OR. Picture number 83.
Not much of a pin but at this point up here we’d scrabble over a sheet of plywood with a high bounce ball on it.

Wanted to clean this up for an easy read and bring the thread back to the classic layout!

Manufacturer: Bally
Game/Type: Pimlico / Bingo EM
Year: 1941
Horse-Racing theme bingo

Here’s the template again

Manufacturer:
Game/Type:
Year:
Production:
Cost:
Comments:

#19973 3 years ago

Bally Sky Kings near Philly $495. Needs flipper tightened:

philadelphia.craigslist.org link

#19974 3 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

ONLINE AUCTION - ENDS M 03/22
Banzai Run
Williams SS
Brooklyn Heights, OH
https://www.estatesales.net/OH/Brooklyn-Heights/44131/2822940

Even with the buyers premium thats a great find. And I just sold a game and have a pocket full of $. Hmmmmm If only I had a truck.

But.... That probably wont stay at 2k for much longer.

#19975 3 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Demolition Man
Nice looking pin....

Rare find..... a TNT game without the over use of colored LEDs in the GI LOL.

#19976 3 years ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

Even with the buyers premium thats a great find. And I just sold a game and have a pocket full of $. Hmmmmm If only I had a truck.
But.... That probably wont stay at 2k for much longer.

It was at 350. I bid it up to 2k. Someone had their autobid set to at least that. It is a long drive so I figured that was enough.

#19979 3 years ago

#19980 3 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

Classic loser seller. "Here's an overpriced project with burned out major components that you should be honored I'm selling but if it doesn't then I'll keep it and get it running."

Nope, will get gutted and the cab will get sold. Sad story.

#19981 3 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

Classic loser seller. "Here's an overpriced project with burned out major components that you should be honored I'm selling but if it doesn't then I'll keep it and get it running."

Just curious..... where do you pick up that from his for sale post? I didnt see anything that would warrant that response. Is there a history with this seller?
Asking because I might be interested in the machine.

#19982 3 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:Classic loser seller. "Here's an overpriced project with burned out major components that you should be honored I'm selling but if it doesn't then I'll keep it and get it running."

Never mind...... after just 2-3 messages with the seller.....I’m to the verdict....total douche.

Too bad for him, I was prepared to PayPal him tonight ‍♂️.

Oh well......

53377109-0AD2-4A21-8D79-A81269EE2403 (resized).jpeg53377109-0AD2-4A21-8D79-A81269EE2403 (resized).jpegD52A7397-EC62-4122-BF9B-6DA6E02E661A (resized).jpegD52A7397-EC62-4122-BF9B-6DA6E02E661A (resized).jpeg
#19983 3 years ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

where do you pick up that from his for sale post? I didnt see anything that would warrant that response

Not with this particular seller but with pinball posts in general. What's a good example of this game worth? maybe eleven hundo? thirteen? An average one maybe eight hundred? The seller says, well it's a project, no displays, backglass is shit, etc AND the transformer an uncommon piece is burnt up. On top of that they say, "welp, if i don't get my high price, I'll just keep it."

I'm like GTFO. lol

#19984 3 years ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

Never mind...... after just 2-3 messages with the seller.....I’m to the verdict....total douche.
Too bad for him, I was prepared to PayPal him tonight ‍♂️.
Oh well......[quoted image][quoted image]

I'm that "douche".

Thanks for compliments...

#19985 3 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Honestly, non-flaming, question; why not post that project here instead of facebook?

#19986 3 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

Honestly, non-flaming, question; why not post that project here instead of facebook?

I haven't been on pinside much over that last few years. I didn't know that this page existed until this morning when a friend brought it to my attention.

#19987 3 years ago

Manufacturer. Gottlieb & Co
Game/Type: King Kool
Year: 1972
Cost: $500
Link/Contact: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/344560040309566
Comments: OP -- "1972 King Kool pinball machine.. got from estate sale. "

162973938_945642722920297_2749198918668353668_o (resized).jpg162973938_945642722920297_2749198918668353668_o (resized).jpg
#19988 3 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I'm that "douche".

Some people burn bridges when trying to buy.

Be polite and you'll usually get what you want now or in the future.

#19989 3 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I'm that "douche".

You do know that self admission is the first step in recovery?

#19990 3 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I'm that "douche".

I apologize for the douche comment. But at the time.... the shoe fit.

I travel to Indy about once every month or so and was going to try to discuss paying you now for it and see if it could be picked up on my next trip there. Maybe even offer a holding fee.

Why post it for sale, And then when someone wants to discuss purchasing it you turn around and say No, im just gonna trash it. Makes no sense.

If you didnt want to sell it..... then why not take down the for sale ad or edit it with your current intentions.

#19991 3 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I haven't been on pinside much over that last few years. I didn't know that this page existed until this morning when a friend brought it to my attention.

Understandable. I wish pinside was the first place you thought of when posting a project or any game for that matter.

#19992 3 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

Understandable. I wish pinside was the first place you thought of when posting a project or any game for that matter.

I don't post to pinside for one main reason....the comments that people make. I don't have time for that crap.

#19993 3 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I don't post to pinside for one main reason....the comments that people make. I don't have time for that crap.

Ive seen far less comments on sale posts on here than in the FB marketplace.

Plus...on here you have 100% the audience your looking to sell to.

#19994 3 years ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

Ive seen far less comments on sale posts on here than in the FB marketplace.
Plus...on here you have 100% the audience your looking to sell to.

I can’t stand Facebook and rarely go there. But I imagine FB has a much farther reach than Pinside.

#19995 3 years ago

I've decided to part out the Laser Cue.
I have a much nicer Laser Cue in my collection. It never hurts to have spare parts lying around.

DSC_6017 (resized).JPGDSC_6017 (resized).JPG
#19996 3 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

This thread has a lot of “I’d take this if it were up the street and $100”. No kidding? Everyone else on here would too. Forget the drama; hopefully the parts serve other machines well. That Diamond Lady looks nice.

#19997 3 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

This thread has a lot of “I’d take this if it were up the street and $100”. No kidding? Everyone else on here would too. Forget the drama; hopefully the parts serve other machines well. That Diamond Lady looks nice.

Thanks....I put a lot of work and new parts into that Diamond Lady. She cleaned up good.

#19998 3 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I don't post to pinside for one main reason....the comments that people make. I don't have time for that crap

Quoted from Agent_Hero:

This thread has a lot of “I’d take this if it were up the street and $100”

We all bitch about comments and pinball community but often times do nothing to improve them.

I think if you would have posted your project on pinside, it would have sold and there would have been a lot of interest and not alot of negative comments.

#19999 3 years ago

I've been posting projects in this forum for four years now. I'll share some observations:

1. I've noticed that the number of projects overall has decreased significantly in the last two years. Most cheap projects have been picked up and flipped for a profit, or restored to working condition and sold for a good price. I've kept posting many projects that I felt were over-priced, and many times I've heard complaints that I post too many projects that they feel are over-priced. The days of buying a project like this for $100-200, spending $100 on parts and reselling it as a working pin for $1200 is gone.
2. Pinsiders need to spend less time complaining about the prices of projects. The days of buying a project like this for $100-200, spending $100 on parts, getting it working 100% and reselling it as a working pin for $1200 is gone. I've met many pinheads who refuse to join Pinside, or only log on when they need help fixing their pin due to all of the complaining going on here on Pinside across the entire site.
3. Sellers need to be less sensitive about selling here on Pinside. You can list something for sale, and turn off comments. You may get pms complaining about your price, and get offers lower than your asking price, but you'll get that on Facebook and CL also. When I sell pins I want to reach as many customers as I can.

Let's get back to posting leads for projects.

#20000 3 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

I've been posting projects in this forum for four years now. I'll share some observations:
1. I've noticed that the number of projects overall has decreased significantly in the last two years. Most cheap projects have been picked up and flipped for a profit, or restored to working condition and sold for a good price. I've kept posting many projects that I felt were over-priced, and many times I've heard complaints that I post too many projects that they feel are over-priced. The days of buying a project like this for $100-200, spending $100 on parts and reselling it as a working pin for $1200 is gone.
2. Pinsiders need to spend less time complaining about the prices of projects. The days of buying a project like this for $100-200, spending $100 on parts, getting it working 100% and reselling it as a working pin for $1200 is gone. I've met many pinheads who refuse to join Pinside, or only log on when they need help fixing their pin due to all of the complaining going on here on Pinside across the entire site.
3. Sellers need to be less sensitive about selling here on Pinside. You can list something for sale, and turn off comments. You may get pms complaining about your price, and get offers lower than your asking price, but you'll get that on Facebook and CL also. When I sell pins I want to reach as many customers as I can.
Let's get back to posting leads for projects.

For the record... and will drop it from here from my side. I was FULLY prepared and happy to pay the sellers asking price. This was not an issue of overpricing. I felt the price was dead on, if not low.

And yes... more projects posts

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
Machine - For Sale
Ottawa, ON
$ 169.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

$ 22.50
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 44.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 26,089 posts in this topic. You are on page 400 of 522.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/post-project-pins-for-sale-here-cl-ebay-pinside-and-others/page/400?hl=nascarrey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.