IMG_2476 (resized).png
431614063_7188125154641704_8537065374982863412_n (resized).jpg
IMG_2403 (resized).png
pin (resized).jpg
ww (resized).JPG
ww2 (resized).JPG
nne (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 26,001 posts in this topic. You are on page 392 of 521.
#19552 3 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

I was offered a group EM arcade games today, 2 pins, a Gottlieb Baseball and Williams Upper Deck which I want. Also includes a 1963 CC gun game "Riot Gun". 1963 United Royal Hawaiian bowler, 1955 United Derby Roll and a 1957 CC Bowling League.
These aren't barn find games, been in storage awhile and are really clean. Seller and I went back and forth via text and he admitted he knows nothing about them and they came as forfeit for lack of storage payment. He rented the space and wants them gone. Asked for prices on the pins and it was high considering he used the internet but doesn't have a clue if they work. He wanted my offer but I wanted more pics. I didn't burst his bubble till he sends more pics this weekend.
Games are located in eastern Ohio, close to the PA border off I-80. I will get more pics Sunday. PM if you have interest in any of these, I'd rather not explode this project thread with multiple back and forth questions. PM me. I will provide the sellers number so you can contact direct, as long as you respect my 1st dibs on the Upper Deck. You will need to pick up in a timely fashion.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice! And if you've gotten any unfinished business while you're in the storage unit.....

#19553 3 years ago

FYI, I posted the Firepower II in the club page.

Looks like greatwichjohn is going to be making some playfields for this title. (They are almost always blown out).

Any suggestions as to where we can get some plastics for this title made? (CPR is not interested).

#19554 3 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

I was offered a group EM arcade games today, 2 pins, a Gottlieb Baseball and Williams Upper Deck which I want. Also includes a 1963 CC gun game "Riot Gun". 1963 United Royal Hawaiian bowler, 1955 United Derby Roll and a 1957 CC Bowling League.
These aren't barn find games, been in storage awhile and are really clean. Seller and I went back and forth via text and he admitted he knows nothing about them and they came as forfeit for lack of storage payment. He rented the space and wants them gone. Asked for prices on the pins and it was high considering he used the internet but doesn't have a clue if they work. He wanted my offer but I wanted more pics. I didn't burst his bubble till he sends more pics this weekend.
Games are located in eastern Ohio, close to the PA border off I-80. I will get more pics Sunday. PM if you have interest in any of these, I'd rather not explode this project thread with multiple back and forth questions. PM me. I will provide the sellers number so you can contact direct, as long as you respect my 1st dibs on the Upper Deck. You will need to pick up in a timely fashion.

Tell 'im to throw in the terlet, an' he gots hisself a deal!

#19555 3 years ago
Quoted from ss-pinball:

Any suggestions as to where we can get some plastics for this title made? (CPR is not interested).

Try emailing Lee at Pinball Rescue. I think the minimum number of people interested to make a new title is ten, but email him to confirm.
http://www.pinballrescue.net/index.html

#19556 3 years ago

That "2001" on Craigslist in Massachusetts appears to have been snapped up.

#19557 3 years ago

Coming to the Western Mass Pinball Club sometime soon hopefully! (Insert obligatory *@&#& COVID here.....we will be open again sooner or later!)

Quoted from jrpinball:

That "2001" on Craigslist in Massachusetts appears to have been snapped up.

#19558 3 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

You take Aladdin, I’ll take the other two.

You driving?

#19559 3 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I don’t know if a $60 toilet can handle what I have to offer.

#19560 3 years ago
Quoted from ejacques:

Coming to the Western Mass Pinball Club sometime soon hopefully! (Insert obligatory *@&#& COVID here.....we will be open again sooner or later!)

I can't like this enough. The more games we can snag to fix and make available for the public to play the better.

#19561 3 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I think I'll be "passing" on that.

#19562 3 years ago

Baby Pacman
Bally ss
$800
Albertville, mn
Pinsider @hotwheelerguy
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/109987

#19563 3 years ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

I don’t know if a $60 toilet can handle what I have to offer.

Well, I imagine it's at least gently used!

#19565 3 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

These are gone just that quick. Seller agreed to send me more pics Sunday and then talk prices. He threw them up of CL 2 hours ago and the ad was already deleted. I texted him and he has buyer for everything. Sucks.

#19566 3 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

These are gone just that quick. Seller agreed to send me more pics Sunday and then talk prices. He threw them up of CL 2 hours ago and the ad was already deleted. I texted him and he has buyer for everything. Sucks.

Most sellers want a QUICK & EASY transaction. Over the years I have learned "make the deal & roll right away" - no asking for more details / more pictures / etc. Lock the deal in and run and grab what ever I was able to buy at a price I thought was "fair" judging from their listing. Sometimes I "take a hit" and overpay for "junk" and other times I hit a home run. But at least I got the stuff in my trailer before someone else grabbed it.

Typically I am on the road within 15 minutes of communicating with the seller. I have already driven 6 or 7 hours and picked machines up at midnight then drove all night home. I have driven through storms - skipped eating dinner - etc. What ever it took to lock the deal in then worry about how good of a deal it was. NO REGRETS!

I am glad I am totally done chasing Pinball Machines but my latest hobby (model railroad stuff) is just as competitive so I am now fighting over trains instead of pinball machines. (At least they are smaller & lighter!)

#19567 3 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

Most sellers want a QUICK & EASY transaction. Over the years I have learned "make the deal & roll right away" - no asking for more details / more pictures / etc. Lock the deal in and run and grab what ever I was able to buy at a price I thought was "fair" judging from their listing. Sometimes I "take a hit" and overpay for "junk" and other times I hit a home run. But at least I got the stuff in my trailer before someone else grabbed it.
Typically I am on the road within 15 minutes of communicating with the seller. I have already driven 6 or 7 hours and picked machines up at midnight then drove all night home. I have driven through storms - skipped eating dinner - etc. What ever it took to lock the deal in then worry about how good of a deal it was. NO REGRETS!
I am glad I am totally done chasing Pinball Machines but my latest hobby (model railroad stuff) is just as competitive so I am now fighting over trains instead of pinball machines. (At least they are smaller & lighter!)

yes. If you act too picky the seller will lack confidence to hold anything for you. Too many people will not show up. I used to text my seller and say, " I'm backing out the driveway now.

One hour in and a text saying I am on the road and have made 125 miles. I am now in ...this town. I am stopping for lunch in River City. I'm 200 miles away. Anything to keep me on their mind so that they would have no doubt I was coming.

But even 4 years ago did not seem as competitive as it seems today.

I'm glad I got all of the ones I wanted. I don't think I could do the same thing today.

#19568 3 years ago

I get where your coming from Skip. But the deal wasn't me coming in and buying everything. I wanted the pins and would find buyers for the rest.
Moving a bowling game at my age ain't happening plus I don't own a box truck or have several friends who would commit 7 hours round trip to load a pile of stuff to storage I don't have. He was thrilled when I told him I could find buyers for the rest and thanked me many times. That's why I posted it. In 24 hours 7 people PM'd which would of likely moved the rest. When I texted today with the news I had potential buyers, he had already tossed it up on CL. In retrospect, I should of just made my offer for the pins and closed the deal with a PayPal deposit.

#19569 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

yes. If you act too picky the seller will lack confidence to hold anything for you.

I wouldn't be picky if he offered them at $250 each. If you looked at the pics I loaded he sent, they aren't great. He wanted $700 each for the Baseball and Upper Deck. For untested games, that's way high. I wanted to see the PF's. I am not negotiating a price without seeing what I'm buying. Should I just agree, drive 350 miles round trip and hope the PF isn't worn out?

#19570 3 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

I wouldn't be picky if he offered them at $250 each. If you looked at the pics I loaded he sent, they aren't great. He wanted $700 each for the Baseball and Upper Deck. For untested games, that's way high. I wanted to see the PF's. I am not negotiating a price without seeing what I'm buying. Should I just agree, drive 350 miles round trip and hope the PF isn't worn out?

If you decide you shouldn't, nobody would say you're wrong.

But too many others won't be concerned. Maybe they're closer to take a chance. Maybe it's a grail at any cost. Maybe they don't need pics. Maybe they haven't been burned yet. Maybe they just don't care. As others have said, it's competitive out there lately, and everything is a gamble. You decide to balk, somebody else will swing.

Doesn't mean you're wrong to balk. But there's no second chances these days.

#19571 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

But even 4 years ago did not seem as competitive as it seems today.

Totally agree. I bought my 1st 22 years ago, and 60 more since. So the market has changed. You win some, you lose some. I passed on a Stern Star Gazer in 2000 and bought a Bally Lost World instead since both were $400 at an operators warehouse. Dumbest move ever.

#19572 3 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

I should of just made my offer for the pins and closed the deal with a PayPal deposit.

Words to live by. This is how I do all my deals and have not lost one yet.

#19573 3 years ago

too-many-trains?

#19574 3 years ago

All true words in this hobby. I go by. If its meant to be, its meant to be. Don't get em. Move on. Wasn't meant to be..

#19575 3 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

too-many-trains?

According to my wife it is more like "way too-many-trains". Anyone who knows me knows I never do anything in a small way. If one is good 100 is even better!

#19576 3 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Would love that bowler

#19577 3 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

I understand where you are coming from. I want to see lots of good pics before I say "yes". In this hot market a long distance buyer is at a disadvantage; Ask too many questions and the seller is going to walk.

Look at the competition. Old people have two things: Money and lots of free time.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-machine-did-you-bring-home-today-post-your-pictures/page/385#post-6126611

This guy gets his first pinball machine. And he is not the only old fart getting his first pin.

ae0add159856b5468053b4afaf40627c53621696.jpeg (resized).jpgae0add159856b5468053b4afaf40627c53621696.jpeg (resized).jpg

#19578 3 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Totally agree. I bought my 1st 22 years ago, and 60 more since. So the market has changed. You win some, you lose some. I passed on a Stern Star Gazer in 2000 and bought a Bally Lost World instead since both were $400 at an operators warehouse. Dumbest move ever.

Oh, I agree .

But hindsite is such a wonderful thing.

#19579 3 years ago

According to my wife it is more like "way too-many-trains". Anyone who knows me knows I never do anything in a small way. If one is good 100 is even better!

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.

#19580 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

This guy gets his first pinball machine. And he is not the only old fart getting his first pin.

He may be an old fart, but he's grinning like a little kid. That's the magic of pinball!

#19581 3 years ago

I dabble in trains too, and probably have more stuff than I'll ever get to play with. Pin people have nothing on train collectors from what I've seen of both hobbies.
Pin people are sick, but train guys are psychotic!

#19582 3 years ago

I've been after a Jurassic Park (DE) for awhile

Daditude alerted me to a fresh post on FB market place, I messaged the seller after a quick glance , told him I'd buy it cash no hassle , it was 4hrs from my house, but I'm in Kansas, dropped what I was doing and grabbed it,

Last yr I got 17 pins from one warehouse, because I DIDN'T ask alot of questions or for pics, they were projects , didn't want to lose out

#19583 3 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I dabble in trains too, and probably have more stuff than I'll ever get to play with. Pin people have nothing on train collectors from what I've seen of both hobbies.

Years before he did the MGC thing Tom Taylor used to host a party for local pinheads at his place. A couple times he scheduled it when the train club was having a get together at the space next door. It was really cool to check out both, and see high level of passion for two different hobbies on the same night.

#19584 3 years ago
Quoted from dc2010:

I've been after a Jurassic Park (DE) for awhile
daditude alerted me to a fresh post on FB market place, I messaged the seller after a quick glance , told him I'd buy it cash no hassle , it was 4hrs from my house, but I'm in Kansas, dropped what I was doing and grabbed it,
Last yr I got 17 pins from one warehouse, because I DIDN'T ask alot of questions or for pics, they were projects , didn't want to lose out

Many years ago I learned I would rather overpay for something I got than pass something up and wish I would have bought it. Back about 50 years ago (when I was a teenager) I passed stuff up I should have bought and was "pissed" at myself for weeks. When I got out of college and starting have a little money in my pocket I quickly realized I was better off "buying everything" I thought I wanted and selling off the stuff that didn't interest me (or wasn't as nice as I thought it was going to be).

Yes I lost money on a few transactions & I spent many days driving home thinking "why the hell did I pay that much for this heap of shit". But at least I wasn't beating myself up over the ones that got away.

In the end I really don't think there is any right or wrong way. Everyone just needs to do what works best for themself and live with their decision. But mathematically I think you lose less buying more. And at least you have the chance of seeing what you might have missed.

Using a $2000 pinball machine as an example. You see one that looks pretty decent come up for $1700 and "grab it". You get it home and start looking things over closer and find it needs $600 worth of parts & labor. Now you overpaid by $300 but you didn't lose $1700 you only lost a couple hundred. On the flip side that same $1700 machine could have been HUO and worth $2500. You passed on it and your buddy got it. Now every time you see it you keep thinking "I could have owned that pin for $1700". You lost $800 by passing it up!

Regardless - life it too short to worry about the "little things". Just do what is right for you at that point in time and live with whatever you decided was best for you at that point in time!

#19585 3 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

He may be an old fart, but he's grinning like a little kid. That's the magic of pinball!

Yeah, that's a awesome picture. Could be the Pinside "picture of the year" in my opinion. The magic of pinball is a good description.

#19586 3 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Pins AND trains, you say?

IMG_20210210_161256 (resized).jpgIMG_20210210_161256 (resized).jpg

(you can't see it but every wall of this room is covered in cases of toy trains. as is every other wall in the basement... used to be a factory layout where the pins are but luckily that got sold and made me some pin room)

#19587 3 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

[quoted image]

Time for a new thread. I think it belongs in EM, because the guys into newer games are probably not into trains.

#19588 3 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

[quoted image]
(you can't see it but every wall of this room is covered in cases of toy trains. as is every other wall in the basement... used to be a factory layout where the pins are but luckily that got sold and made me some pin room)

Wow!

#19589 3 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Time for a new thread. I think it belongs in EM, because the guys into newer games are probably not into trains.

I hate to see topics get too far "derailed" but sometimes I thread or two about something else isn't a bad thing. The main thing to remember in life is not to take any of it too seriously. Enjoy each day like it might be your last (you just never know what tomorrow might bring). All hobbies are great and we all need at least a couple of them.

I still love the pinball hobby and will be involved for a long time to come. I am just getting too darn old to keep moving 300+ pound machines around by myself so I am staying away from buying more pins and enjoying what machines I kept.

OK - Now back to pinball machines for sale! If you want to talk with me about trains or anything else do it via PM to keep everyone here happy! I don't want this thread to become too-many-trains!

#19590 3 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I’m not seeing your logic here....

#19591 3 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Bullsnot. I have a Rick & Morty on order AND got into pinball *because* of my life-long obsession with trains. And while I'm not exactly young anymore, my grey hairs have only just started to filter in

But as it happens, there IS a model train thread here on Pinside. Admittedly, it's a bit slow:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-other-model-railroading-folks-here

20210211_081256 (resized).jpg20210211_081256 (resized).jpg

But yeah, I've been enamored with trains since I was a kid growing up in the largest railroad yard in Chicago... they've followed me everywhere ever since. Six years ago the local model RR club went to a layout open house where the guy also had a personal arcade... and a whole new rabbit hole opened. So, as my own layout is still constrained to a room that's "too small", my work in the model RR industry (magazines and product reviews) actually funds most of our pinball hobby. But it's a great combination: the entrance wall to our arcade is painted like a Chessie System locomotive (right down to those fabulous 70's stripes) and hosts train display cases. So there's no secret as to what my two main hobbies are, and I'm fortunate the family likes them both

On a more practical level, it is *amazing* how well the larger skillset of comprehensive model railroading (as opposed to merely "playing with trains") adapts to the comprehensive pinball hobby (as opposed to just "playing pinball"). I basically accidentally jumped right into the deep end of pinball restoration with my first machine, but thankfully already had most of the skills and tools to pick it up quick. Even though the end products and goals of each hobby are a little different, they're both fantastically technical, challenging, artistic, and immersive hobbies!

Pinball, however, is easier for any random visitor to grasp, understand, appreciate, and safely interact with the fruits of your efforts. It's great for kids and parties of random folks... so the arcade gets the big room for now.

And make no mistake: *both* hobbies are widely populated by participants that are psychotic in their own unique ways, with their own "spectrum" outliers. I am very careful in both realms to straddle the line between "obvious enthusiast" and "needs an intervention", ha ha

#19592 3 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

But as it happens, there IS a model train thread here on Pinside. Admittedly, it's a bit slow:

Yeah. Should have checked first.
I'm obviously not intending to exclude non-EM pinheads. I'm sure there are train enthusiasts in all age groups, but I figured most of the guys into the classic Lionel stuff would likely be EM guys.

#19593 3 years ago

So, anyone have any actual projects to post on here?

#19594 3 years ago

Shared this on the MI for sale thread, but I think it applies here too...

Note, NOT MY PINS...

A not very tech savvy gentlemen responded to my CL ad looking to get ride of an OXO and Brunswick Aspen for $500 total. I took a look at them this afternoon, both in working condition. Seemed like everything was registering on both games, but I didn't inspect. Couple bulbs out, one pop cap on the OXO was broke, both playfields had planking but not to bad, especially for the cost. OXO backglass was rough, especially around the edges, and the was a lock bar brackets screwed into it.

His email is [email protected], name is Alex. He's in chesterfield township.

The reason I went out there was because he said he had an X's & O's, which I probably would have bought, and taken the Aspen just for the hell of it. He couldn't figure out how to send me pictures, so I just end up going out there, and I am not into EMs. Told him I'd put it up here to help him out... Be forewarned, his house was boarder line hoarder territory..

#19595 3 years ago

AUCTION - Ends W 02/17

Outer Space
Gottlieb EM
Ho Ho Kus, NJ
https://www.estatesales.net/NJ/Ho-Ho-Kus/07423/2788521

#19596 3 years ago

AUCTION - Ends today 02/11

Time Zone
Bally em
$400
Knoxville, TN
https://www.estatesales.net/TN/Knoxville/37922/2778615

#19597 3 years ago

ESTATE SALE

Manufacturer: Bally
Game/Type: Mata Hari / SS 4 Player
Month/Year: September 1977
Production: 16,260
Cost: ????
Link/Contact: https://www.estatesales.net/TX/Houston/77056/2758425
DATES: SAT 03/27 - SUN 03/28

#19598 3 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Time Zone
Bally em
$400
Knoxville, TN

Already up to $1300 in the 5 minutes since you posted it?!?!

#19599 3 years ago

Yup...still got the Alladins Castle, Hi Lo Ace and Chicago Coin Top Ten trifecta for $1200 in Western Mass I mentioned a page or so back. All three are easy garage loadup!

Quoted from dung:

So, anyone have any actual projects to post on here?

#19600 3 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Time Zone
Bally em
$400
Knoxville, TN

Quoted from goingincirclez:

Already up to $1300 in the 5 minutes since you posted it?!?!

HOLY FUK this thing is ROUGH. Not worth $ 300.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 199.95
$ 31.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 169.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball
Boards
1,350 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Delaware, OH
$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball
Boards
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
Machine - For Sale
Bellefonte, PA
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes
Cabinet parts
$ 44.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
Machine - For Sale
Kettering, OH
$ 10.00
Lighting
Yoppsicle
Lighting
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 10.00
$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
Boards
Troxel Repair
Boards
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 26,001 posts in this topic. You are on page 392 of 521.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/post-project-pins-for-sale-here-cl-ebay-pinside-and-others/page/392?hl=jaytrem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.