IMG_0263 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0262 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0158 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0157 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0106 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0166 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0085 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 26,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 368 of 522.
#18351 3 years ago

Always nice when they're close.

#18352 3 years ago

Keepin' the hits comin'

#Eight Ball Deluxe (Limited Edition)
Bally
Commack, NY (Long Island)
$1500

longisland.craigslist.org link

OP: This game is in pretty good shape for game from 1982. The game is currently not working , I believe it needs a new MpU board, and could use a cleaning . I just don’t have the time to mess with it

Me:. Not necessarily a *great* bargain, but the LE doesn't come up near as often if you really want that version. And....."could use a cleaning" might be an understatement.

#18353 3 years ago
Quoted from cmack750:

Keepin' the hits comin'
Bally
$1500
OP: This game is in pretty good shape for game from 1982. The game is currently not working , I believe it needs a new MpU board, and could use a cleaning . I just don’t have the time to mess with it
Me:. Not necessarily a *great* bargain, but the LE doesn't come up near as often if you really want that version. And....."could use a cleaning" might be an understatement.

I always get leary when they are selling a machine with others in the background. Stating they think its this or really don't know what's wrong. Now if the price is right, that's a different story. Just my thoughts.

#18354 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

When you encounter a cheap game, it's best to grab and go as-is, rather than carefully assess and fiddle with things.

Exactly. I bought may games that were advertised as "just lights up" or "sometimes will play". Even games that I'm told they work, I eyeball the boards, wiring and under the PF. And just load it up after paying cash and roll. Now these are projects under $700 in most cases. So I planned on a full restore or a refurbish to get it running solid.

Make the deal, pay cash, load and roll.

#18355 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Never, ever try to find out what is wrong on site.
Load and go. Immediately.
Once I picked up a game and didn't even ask the seller to turn on, which surprised the hell out of them.
Playfield good? Back glass good? Take my money now. And I was gone.
[quoted image]

That's the one I passed on. Glad you got it, and it turned out nice. I'm really stupid sometimes!

#18356 3 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

I'm on my way there now.
EDIT: I'm home again....... F that seller!
I spoke with him on the phone, he told me that he needed to be honest, the game was not working. I told him that I'd come look.
When I got there, he let me in the house, but both my daughter and I got an odd vibe from the guy. We went to the basement where he turned the machine on. It was now working. The pf has planking near the flippers, all of the rubber is dry rotted, broken or missing. The bottom of the bg has a lot of flaking and missing ink, it's filthy inside and I couldn't unlock the back door.
When I tried unlocking the back door, he asked what I was doing. I told him that I needed to assess the machine. He said ok.
Then I told him that I'd take it for the $100.00 he was asking. That's when he said, but it's working now, It's worth more.
I told him it wasn't to me. It's not a well liked machine. His reply was yeah, but it's a pinball machine.
He told me that he's moving and needs top sell in about a month, I should give him my contact info and he'll let me know.
Sooooo.......I'm not getting involved in a bidding war for a player's quality, poorly playing game that needs rubber and a massive cleaning, that may or may not have hidden issues.
As a matter of fact, I'm considering having the CL ad flagged. Is that too harsh?

You're always getting into mischief!

#18357 3 years ago
Quoted from cmack750:

Keepin' the hits comin'
Bally
$1500

Looks like that may be the same seller with a safe cracker up for sale.

#18358 3 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

Of course that's a rarity, you've already mined all the machines in CT

I think another guy whose initials are A.N. beat him to it!

#18359 3 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I'm really stupid sometimes!

No comment

#18360 3 years ago
Quoted from Slogan1111:

I always get leary when they are selling a machine with others in the background. Stating they think its this or really don't know what's wrong. Now if the price is right, that's a different story. Just my thoughts.

I tend to agree....but I'm just the messenger

....Unless the guy is one of those "I buy pinballs" Craigslist types that buy, fix and flip....I don't know enough about the folks in the area to say if that's the case one way or another on this ad. I've bought from those types before and would say seeing a setup like this, or where some basic diagnosis was done but they decided it ultimately wasn't worth the time/effort for the profit involved, isn't totally uncommon.

Pics don't show up in a Google image search that I can see, at the very least.

...oh, and without doing any further research or having any additional detail at all: He says he'd let the Safecracker next to it go for $5800.

#18361 3 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

That's the one I passed on. Glad you got it, and it turned out nice. I'm really stupid sometimes!

New home inside next weekend =)

Just finished refinishing one of the kids bedroom, will be home to 3 EM pins once the polyurethane is done curing.

#18362 3 years ago

I am not trying to be "an ass" but over the past couple years I have really scaled back my buying of machines & parts. About two months ago I decided I am "finally done" buying pinball machines. But I started missing "the thrill of the chase". Thankfully instead of getting back into "bad habits" I recently started back into the model railroad hobby. I am still running around buying stuff like crazy but a shoe box full of N Gauge trains is a hell of a lot easier to move than a pinball machine.

I hate to say it but I really am not missing dragging 300 pound machines out of basements! But with me gone there will be more machines for everyone else! It has been a fun ride but I am also glad it is over! -Skip-

#18363 3 years ago

Best to you Skip.

#18364 3 years ago

back to business...
goldcountry.craigslist.org link

00U0U_7KhvG5EZDPo_0ew0jm_600x450 (resized).jpg00U0U_7KhvG5EZDPo_0ew0jm_600x450 (resized).jpg
#18365 3 years ago

portland.craigslist.org link
seller:
1970s Electro mechanical Bronco pinball machine
Requires some work all functions working
AK relay problem has full schematic no time to complete project

00I0I_4Ui307UjEjV_0t20CI_600x450 (resized).jpg00I0I_4Ui307UjEjV_0t20CI_600x450 (resized).jpg
#18366 3 years ago

yakima.craigslist.org link

seller:
"Rare pinball machine. only 550 made of it."

00303_42dGxzubpiv_0t20lM_600x450 (resized).jpg00303_42dGxzubpiv_0t20lM_600x450 (resized).jpg
#18367 3 years ago

seattle.craigslist.org link

00101_921bLI8riqf_0ak07K_600x450 (resized).jpg00101_921bLI8riqf_0ak07K_600x450 (resized).jpg
#18368 3 years ago

seattle.craigslist.org link

00303_dbhx2wrvk8c_0ak07K_600x450 (resized).jpg00303_dbhx2wrvk8c_0ak07K_600x450 (resized).jpg
#18369 3 years ago

losangeles.craigslist.org link

00505_3bJO5XMFB74_0ww0oo_600x450 (resized).jpg00505_3bJO5XMFB74_0ww0oo_600x450 (resized).jpg
#18370 3 years ago
Quoted from pinostalgia:

yakima.craigslist.org link
seller:
"Rare pinball machine. only 550 made of it."
[quoted image]

Ahh! What is this cabinet style called? I love these goofy old Williams! Wish more of this type would pop up around here. They’re so weird and strange-looking!

#18371 3 years ago

Abra on the wrong side of everything! Damn.. gold country

#18372 3 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Ahh! What is this cabinet style called? I love these goofy old Williams! Wish more of this type would pop up around here. They’re so weird and strange-looking!

Pointy people.

#18373 3 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Forward Look and Styling of the 60's

I had a Darts, rugged setup for sure.

image-5 (resized).jpgimage-5 (resized).jpg
#18374 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

[quoted image]

Great article find!

Boy, am I glad this design didn't take off though...it looks hideous!

#18375 3 years ago
Quoted from Iwasthebruce:

Great article find!
Boy, am I glad this design didn't take off though...it looks hideous!

Article from IPDB, I remembered it for when I owned Darts.

#18376 3 years ago

People seem to love or hate this cab design. I had a Jungle and loved it. Great art, animation, and built like a tank.

#18377 3 years ago
Quoted from pinostalgia:

back to business...
goldcountry.craigslist.org link

If anyone picks that up and want a translite for it, I make one.

#18378 3 years ago

Now, now!

#18379 3 years ago

#Eight Ball Champ
Bally
Pottstown, PA
$900

philadelphia.craigslist.org link

OP: Says it works but should have 1 connector replaced on the MPU.

Me: at least from the low res images, looks to be in very good shape, with some insert decal wear.

#18380 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

[quoted image]

Funny article. It didn't take long for them to revert back to the conventional design, despite all the hoopla thrown around in the piece.
I don't really care for that design myself, although they produced some very good, and very desirable games during that time.

#18381 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Definitely has a mid-century modern vibe to it. I especially like the legs. If I had one, sanded off the paint and stained the wood, I bet my wife would allow it in the living room... well maybe not. But it would be the closest I'll ever get to a pin in the "public" parts of the house.

#18382 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

[quoted image]

It's like the pinball version of a Studebaker Avanti.

avanti (resized).jpgavanti (resized).jpg
#18383 3 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

It's like the pinball version of a Studebaker Avanti.
[quoted image]

It looks better on a car than it does on a pinball machine. I wonder how many lacerated knees resulted from the protruding drink shelf.

#18384 3 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

It looks better on a car than it does on a pinball machine. I wonder how many lacerated knees resulted from the protruding drink shelf.

I can't say I had any particular issue with Darts.

#18385 3 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I wonder how many lacerated knees resulted from the protruding drink shelf.

Considering that many like to lean on the pin at a 45 degree angle as they play, I doubt there was any collision between the pin and the player.

#18386 3 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Funny article. It didn't take long for them to revert back to the conventional design, despite all the hoopla thrown around in the piece.
I don't really care for that design myself, although they produced some very good, and very desirable games during that time.

Agreed, it was heavier than its counterpart, harder to move around, easier to beat up when moved, and after the novelty wore off, no one gave a crap about the 'new' cabinet design'... so glad the novelty wore off quickly.

#18388 3 years ago
Quoted from radial_head:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1258396431189106/
Rock for $600 in MA. “Fully Functional” but hey, you know how that goes.

It doesn't matter, that's an amazing price for a rock.

#18389 3 years ago
Quoted from radial_head:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1258396431189106/
Rock for $600 in MA. “Fully Functional” but hey, you know how that goes.

bluespin

#18390 3 years ago
Quoted from cmack750:

Williams EM
Livingston, NJ
$100

Quoted from DropTarget:

EDIT: I'm home again....... F that seller!

The seller upped his price in CL. I'm guessing that he'll reject the next person to come to buy the game too. Let the games (no pun) begin.

#18391 3 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

The seller upped his price in CL. I'm guessing that he'll reject the next person to come to buy the game too. Let the games (no pun) begin.

4ekn39 (resized).jpg4ekn39 (resized).jpg
#18394 3 years ago

1957 Williams Jig Saw. $375

Seller is somewhat local and responded to my "wanted" ad on CL. Game partial works he claimed and sent me some pics. I'm passing on it. BG is decent but missing the mirroring. PF has some wear spots and needs a serious cleaning. Cabinet looked decent. Game is located in Shanksville PA (home of flight 93 memorial).

If anyone is interested, PM with your cell # and I'll send you the pics and his contact info. It will be hitting CL soon.

#18395 3 years ago

A couple projects on Mr Pinball this AM:

Ready Aim Fire, 1983 Gottlieb: 900.00
Rare game only 390 made. Backglass has some flaking still looks good. Good playfield & cabinet. Looks complete clean boards have not tested. Not a Gottlieb guy. Open to trades if local.
Chuck Phone: 401-871-5715
[email protected], Johnston, Rhode Island 02919
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Super Circus, 1957 Gottlieb: 350
Project. Good cabinet & playfield. Bad backglass. Needs plastics. No back door.
Chuck

#18396 3 years ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

I dug around for you and ended finding some photos on the auctioneers website. You can bid online as well.
https://www.petersonauction.com/auctions[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Does anyone have any information on this game which was offered for auction yesterday? Anybody here snag it?

#18397 3 years ago

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/319220592474248/

$600 Secret Service
One photo, very little info.
Siren, WI

Also selling Strange Science for $1000.

#18398 3 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeRaid:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/319220592474248/
$600 Secret Service
One photo, very little info.
Siren, WI
Also selling Strange Science for $1000.

I would grab both of these

#18399 3 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Rare game only 390 made. Backglass has some flaking still looks good. Good playfield & cabinet. Looks complete clean boards have not tested. Not a Gottlieb guy. Open to trades if local.
Chuck

That was a quick flip.....

Never bought form this person, but have gone back and forth with them on a few sales. Seems like this person gets to every steal before I can.

#18400 3 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Chuck

Ready aim fire is worth like $200. It’s the lowest rated Gottlieb sys80a

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 169.00
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
Ottawa, ON
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop

There are 26,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 368 of 522.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/post-project-pins-for-sale-here-cl-ebay-pinside-and-others/page/368?hl=play_pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.