431614063_7188125154641704_8537065374982863412_n (resized).jpg
IMG_2403 (resized).png
pin (resized).jpg
ww (resized).JPG
ww2 (resized).JPG
nne (resized).JPG
19E4C046-C05E-4FCA-8A51-3A8A22907BCD (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 25,998 posts in this topic. You are on page 352 of 520.
#17552 3 years ago

Middle of nowhere on that Barracora, near West Yellowstone. Not much local competition for it.

-Hans

#17553 3 years ago

Based on that listing description, I'm assuming that's going to be a very over priced machine

#17554 3 years ago
Quoted from tbaum:

Based on that listing description, I'm assuming that's going to be a very over priced machine

Never mind the fact that it doesn’t boot and pf is blown out. Add in some nice sea-side metal corrosion.

What’s not to like ?

#17555 3 years ago
Quoted from tbaum:

Yep. Whenever an ad says I don't have to sell, it means I can't afford to pry it out of their hands.

#17556 3 years ago

I’m going to be trying to sell a Met pro for a friend .Its all stock he bought from a friend who had it routed in a pool hall like 4500 paid credits .I was going to wax it and do the basics but have no time right now .I did run through it all works and have plenty of pics .Im going to break the news to him he’s not getting what he wants for it and when he understands I’ll put it up .In meantime if anyone is interested shoot me a pm with any questions and in a few days I’ll have a price thanks .

#17559 3 years ago
Quoted from tbaum:

Quoted from Ballypin:

Never mind the fact that it doesn’t boot and pf is blown out. Add in some nice sea-side metal corrosion.
What’s not to like ?

Quoted from edward472:

Yep. Whenever an ad says I don't have to sell, it means I can't afford to pry it out of their hands.

Exactly. That won't be cheap.

#17560 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

These are marked as sold

that was quick

#17561 3 years ago

#hook for $1500

Seller detailed a lot of issues it has,, which I've quoted below:

"Hook pinball machine. We just picked this one up, but it has several problems that need to be addressed, and we are not willing to put any more money or time into it.

The bad:

- DMD is out gassing. It takes a while for it to warm up to the point where all lines are visible.
- Sound board is rebooting frequently. I suspect it’s a power supply problem as it looks like there is some suspect repair work that has been done in the past.
- Interlock switch on the coin door is not working, so high voltage to the coils is not being disabled as it should when coin door is opened.
- lockdown bar receiver is bent and should probably be replaced
- shooter assembly is missing an oilite bushing
- cabinet is a bit beat up. The bottoms of the sides specifically have some spots where the plywood is delaminating.
- someone cut one of the wires to the knocker coil, and the knocker is not working
- the lockdown bar and legs have been poorly spray painted over the original worn powder coating
- there’s holes in the front from a security bar that was probably over the coin door at some point
- the lock for the translite isn’t currently installed as the previous owner didn’t have the key
- some broken plastics
- low quality inner art blades which are ripping
- there may be other issues as well that we haven’t found yet.

The good:
- NVRAM installed, and I don’t see any battery corrosion on the MPU board
- LEDs throughout
- Playfield itself is in decent shape with minimal wear
- it comes with the latest 5.01 unofficial code from 2018
- flippers seem strong"

Located in Livonia, MI

https://www.facebook.com/commerce/listing/327115058306340

hook.jpghook.jpg
#17562 3 years ago
Quoted from HydrogenHuman:

Hook for $1500
Seller detailed a lot of issues it has,, which I've quoted below:
"Hook pinball machine. We just picked this one up, but it has several problems that need to be addressed, and we are not willing to put any more money or time into it.
The bad:
- DMD is out gassing. It takes a while for it to warm up to the point where all lines are visible.
- Sound board is rebooting frequently. I suspect it’s a power supply problem as it looks like there is some suspect repair work that has been done in the past.
- Interlock switch on the coin door is not working, so high voltage to the coils is not being disabled as it should when coin door is opened.
- lockdown bar receiver is bent and should probably be replaced
- shooter assembly is missing an oilite bushing
- cabinet is a bit beat up. The bottoms of the sides specifically have some spots where the plywood is delaminating.
- someone cut one of the wires to the knocker coil, and the knocker is not working
- the lockdown bar and legs have been poorly spray painted over the original worn powder coating
- there’s holes in the front from a security bar that was probably over the coin door at some point
- the lock for the translite isn’t currently installed as the previous owner didn’t have the key
- some broken plastics
- low quality inner art blades which are ripping
- there may be other issues as well that we haven’t found yet.
The good:
- NVRAM installed, and I don’t see any battery corrosion on the MPU board
- LEDs throughout
- Playfield itself is in decent shape with minimal wear
- it comes with the latest 5.01 unofficial code from 2018
- flippers seem strong"
Located in Livonia, MI
https://www.facebook.com/commerce/listing/327115058306340
[quoted image]

Nothing in that list of bad things is actually bad...

#17563 3 years ago

#travel-time-williams

For sale here..

https://www.estatesales.net/KS/Lawrence/66049/2598351

Me: cab has been repainted, looks like its in good shape otherwise from the pics.....

#17564 3 years ago
Quoted from MonsieurCS:

dropped to 425obo!

Dropped even further to $350. Somebody please!

#17565 3 years ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/99406
Mini Pool em in Brooklyn, NY now $350 obo.

Can anyone pick this up for me and deliver to:
1. York PA show October 8-10th
2. Deliver to central PA by the end of September where I can have a friend pin sit it*
3. Store it in climate control for me and until Pinfest in May

I can pay you something for your trouble.

*If the York show doesn't happen this year, I'll still travel up to central PA to pick up three pins I've already bought/committed to buying by the end of September, and that's when I could pick this up.

#17566 3 years ago

High Speed
Williams SS
$1100 obo
Corinth, MS
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/99681

Me: No mention of the condition of the displays. That's a $270-300 fix if they're bad. hard to find good working displays of this generation.

#17567 3 years ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

This is kind of depressing it is still available. Maybe people don't understand it's value/fun factor because it doesn't come up often and it's rare?

#17568 3 years ago

This is kind of depressing it is still available. Maybe people don't understand it's value/fun factor because it doesn't come up often and it's rare?

Only 500 produced.

2 have sold on Pinside. Does not seem to bring much money.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive?s=1&radius_latitude=37.675&radius_longitude=-97.32&keywords=mini+pool&ad_condition=0&machine_type=&ad_machine_manuf=&year_from=&year_to=&radius_distancekm=0&sort_by=ad_end_date&sort_order=DESC#results

If I were going to build a collection of Wedgeheads, I would be going for the add-a-ball versions of the biggies.

Target Pool...........Mini Pool

Abracadabra .......Team One

El Dorado ...........Gold Strike

Hit the Deck........Poseidon

etc.

#17569 3 years ago

Blackout

Williams

$500.00 As Is

Been up for sale for a month.

sanantonio.craigslist.org link

BlackOut William pinball machine
$500. As-Is

#17570 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Blackout
Williams
$500.00 As Is
Been up for sale for a month.
sanantonio.craigslist.org link
BlackOut William pinball machine
$500. As-Is

I messaged the seller three times (yesterday, this morning) since I'm here in Austin for a couple of days. No response. Don't think I would drive the 5 and a half hours from DFW otherwise for a project machine.

#17571 3 years ago

Yeah, anyone know what could be the deal with this Blackout? It was originally up for $350 a month or so ago, seller never responded to any emails. Relisted for $500 and still not responding to people?

#17572 3 years ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

Yeah, anyone know what could be the deal with this Blackout? It was originally up for $350 a month or so ago, seller never responded to any emails. Relisted for $500 and still not responding to people?

He is like a "reverse scammer"

He is scamming himself

#17573 3 years ago

The seller probably... Blacked out.

196217268_1400338150001_CSI-MIAMI-LAUNCH-PROMO-CBS (resized).jpg196217268_1400338150001_CSI-MIAMI-LAUNCH-PROMO-CBS (resized).jpg
#17574 3 years ago

This Embryon has a few cabinet and playfield flaws, so an easy cosmetic project. The ad has been up for a few weeks now and regularly getting updated and I'm very tempted but out of room. I'd say you can probably get it down a bit more possibly. Originally listed I think at $1800?

fargo.craigslist.org link

#17575 3 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Damn I wish!!! Wrong coast!

If it were local could see it, but its a 1k-1200 dollar game working. Needs an entire boardset. Unless you have the boards laying around its gonna be more than its worth to put together.

#17577 3 years ago
Quoted from HHaase:

This Embryon has a few cabinet and playfield flaws, so an easy cosmetic project. The ad has been up for a few weeks now and regularly getting updated and I'm very tempted but out of room. I'd say you can probably get it down a bit more possibly. Originally listed I think at $1800?
fargo.craigslist.org link

Weekend price of $1300. Go get it!

#17578 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

If it were local could see it, but its a 1k-1200 dollar game working. Needs an entire boardset. Unless you have the boards laying around its gonna be more than its worth to put together.

Some of us have spare boards kicking around for just these sort of projects

#17579 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Some of us have spare boards kicking around for just these sort of projects

I have a few as well, but if the value of the parts + the cost of the project is greater than its value I pass.

#17580 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

I have a few as well, but if the value of the parts + the cost of the project is greater than its value I pass.

That depends upon how you're sourcing your boards and displays. I could probably outfit an empty early solid state backbox for around $100.

If you're basically doing full market value on boards and displays, then yeah, probably not worth it for most people.

#17581 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

That depends upon how you're sourcing your boards and displays. I could probably outfit an empty early solid state backbox for around $100.
If you're basically doing full market value on boards and displays, then yeah, probably not worth it for most people.

Think you are misunderstanding. Could I sit on this, buy broken boards and fix it for less than what full market value of a boardset is worth? Sure.

Is it worth it? No. If the value of the parts needed to fix (even if I buy them for less than market value) plus the cost of the game is more than what it is worth working I wouldn't touch it. Now, if this were a 2k+ game and the missing parts plus the cost of the machine are less then yes.

Dealing with a BK2K and Freddy that are in this boat. Doing a lengthy roadtrip tomorrow picking up a checkpoint and f14 tomorrow that also fall into this category. Love major projects, but if at the end of the day its cheaper to buy over fix, its not worth it. All 4 are major projects, missing major parts with unknown electronics (or missing), but all of them I come out ahead in the end.

#17582 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Think you are misunderstanding. Could I sit on this, buy broken boards and fix it for less than what full market value of a boardset is worth? Sure.
Is it worth it? No. If the value of the parts needed to fix (even if I buy them for less than market value) plus the cost of the game is more than what it is worth working I wouldn't touch it. Now, if this were a 2k+ game and the missing parts plus the cost of the machine are less then yes.
Dealing with a BK2K and Freddy that are in this boat. Doing a lengthy roadtrip tomorrow picking up a checkpoint and f14 tomorrow that also fall into this category. Love major projects, but if at the end of the day its cheaper to buy over fix, its not worth it. All 4 are major projects, missing major parts with unknown electronics (or missing), but all of them I come out ahead in the end.

The way I see it, it's easy to slap in some boards and call it a day. Another game saved from the brink of being parted out.

However, if the game was missing significant game-specific playfield parts that are unobtanium...then I tend to pass unless I have a reasonably good idea of where I might be able to find them.

For that Gottlieb Circus specifically, lets say it's $400 for the game (or maybe offer a bit less since it's OBO), plus $100 for the boards, displays, and components I have on-hand, and $350 for new parts (flipper rebuild, drops, rubbers, etc), $200 for LEDs, a new piece of playfield glass for $50. The missing backglass does hurt a lot--$300 for a repro, but maybe less for a nice original. So, *if* it had the backglass, I'd still only have around $700 into with without any major work other than some board repairs and a shop job. Replacing the backglass maybe bumps it up another $100-$300 to $1000.

I think you could certainly get your money back on it, plus a few hundred. But yes, I get that there's not much meat on the bone here if your goal is to repair and flip.

Would I grab this particular title? Yes--it's one that rarely appears. If it was a more common title worth around the same amount, then probably not since I have other more interesting projects to work on.

#17583 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

The way I see it, it's easy to slap in some boards and call it a day. Another game saved from the brink of being parted out.
However, if the game was missing significant game-specific playfield parts that are unobtanium...then I tend to pass unless I have a reasonably good idea of where I might be able to find them.
For that Gottlieb Circus specifically, lets say it's $400 for the game (or maybe offer a bit less since it's OBO), plus $100 for the boards, displays, and components I have on-hand, and $350 for new parts (flipper rebuild, drops, rubbers, etc), $200 for LEDs, a new piece of playfield glass for $50. The missing backglass does hurt a lot--$300 for a repro, but maybe less for a nice original. So, *if* it had the backglass, I'd still only have around $700 into with without any major work other than some board repairs and a shop job. Replacing the backglass maybe bumps it up another $100-$300 to $1000.
I think you could certainly get your money back on it, plus a few hundred. But yes, I get that there's not much meat on the bone here if your goal is to repair and flip.
Would I grab this particular title? Yes--it's one that rarely appears. If it was a more common title worth around the same amount, then probably not since I have other more interesting projects to work on.

Its not necessarily about flipping. The hours worked put me way below minium wage. Add in a 17 hour road trip (tomorrow) or a 23 hour road trip last week (drive time only) then its nutty. There is at least some reason behind it because it does make the hobby cheaper and its a form of entertainment. Picking something up that off the bat is a loser from a money perspective? No.

#17584 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Its not necessarily about flipping. The hours worked put me way below minium wage. Add in a 17 hour road trip (tomorrow) or a 23 hour road trip last week (drive time only) then its nutty. There is at least some reason behind it because it does make the hobby cheaper and its a form of entertainment. Picking something up that off the bat is a loser from a money perspective? No.

Well yeah, this particular game is well outside my area, but a similar game in my area within a couple hours of driving each way I'd certain go for.

For me, part of the fun is the hunt and repairing games. It's a hobby, not a full or part time gig. I don't really factor an hourly wage into it.

#17585 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Weekend price of $1300. Go get it!

Been considering it. I'm just not in the mood to deal with that much playfield wear right now. If I had space, and it was a game I was actively looking for, I'd probably have already grabbed it.

-Hans

#17586 3 years ago

Joker Poker
Gottlieb SS
$1200 obo
Wyoming
Pinsider @canea
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/99750

#17587 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

i'm waiting for the seller to lower it to $200

#17588 3 years ago
Quoted from pinostalgia:

i'm waiting for the seller to lower it to $200

I don't need another project but this is so tempting

#17589 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

I don't need another project but this is so tempting

There’s always room for one more project.

#17591 3 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

There’s always room for one more project.

I don't know that to be true...I have three right now...and my wife only knows about one...

#17592 3 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Granny and the Gators
For auction here...
https://www.estatesales.net/NY/East-Springfield/13333/2585361
They also have a Gyruss arcade game for auction too....

Welp I went and saw there were about 5 other pinsiders there... knew it wasn’t gonna be mine.

I ended up bowing out at $1500 for the GATG and I bid the Gyruss till $650 and had to let it go too.

There were a ton of Amish folk. Very surreal the bizarre, eclectic estate.

#17593 3 years ago

Welp I went and saw there were about 5 other pinsiders there... knew it wasn’t gonna be mine.
I ended up bowing out at $1500 for the GATG and I bid the Gyruss till $650 and had to let it go too.

Those Amish and their pinball and video games...

#17594 3 years ago

Quoted from ss-pinball:

Those Amish and their pinball and video games...

Ah..yes, The Amish. I can see them now playing pinball with a friend peddling as fast as he can with a manual electric generator

#17595 3 years ago

Wooow!

#flip-flop for $200!

Located in Bridgewater, MA

No brainer imo.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2666809956980570
flipflop1.jpgflipflop1.jpgflipflop2.jpgflipflop2.jpg

#17596 3 years ago

Wooow!
Flip Flop for $200!
No brainer imo.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Why did you post that here? That’s a great title. Go get it!

#17597 3 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

I already picked up that Sky Jump that was posted the other day and will be working on that!

#17598 3 years ago

Wooow!
Flip Flop for $200!
No brainer imo.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from bluespin:

I was thinking the same thing...

#17599 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I was thinking the same thing...

Already got a project pin I brought back a couple days ago!

skyjumpproject.jpgskyjumpproject.jpg
#17600 3 years ago

Already got a project pin I brought back a couple days ago![quoted image]

Still no excuse. Well priced, desirable title project pins don’t come along very often. You have to buy them when you can.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
There are 25,998 posts in this topic. You are on page 352 of 520.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/post-project-pins-for-sale-here-cl-ebay-pinside-and-others/page/352?hl=yaksplat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.