IMG_0263 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0262 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0158 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0157 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0106 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0166 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0085 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 26,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 337 of 522.
#16801 3 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

Speaking of Sonic Butterfly, this posted recently in the Denver area for $1K:
cosprings.craigslist.org link
OP:
- Absolutely stunning pin with vibrant colors! Very few made and few great ones survived
- Plays and works 100%. Challenging game with strong coils and numerous fun shots.
- Very detailed internal restoration of every internal part. Pictures speak for themselves.
- Complete detailed teardown, cleaning, tuning, fixes and rebuild.
- Original plastics in great condition – no cracks or breaks, except 1 plastic carefully recreated due to “unobtainium” part.
- BEAUTIFUL backglass in MINT condition - stunning!! (If not mint its as close as it gets)
- BEAUTIFUL playfield!! Zero planking with original durable clear coat. These were known to have very nice playfields. Very minor ball trail at playfield top (see pic) and minor shooter wear at ball eject.
- Tasteful leds. Have incandescent bulbs if wanted.
- New rubbers, coil sleeves and replacement parts as needed. Manual copy included.
- Set to free play with easy jumper removal if desired.
- Cabinet does have fade, and some wear spots but presents very well. Replaced removable head panel.
- Sonic brand – Williams parts.
- Smoke free home.
- Will stage in garage for easy breakdown and pickup.
- Serious inquiries only, please.

I think that's the cleanest EM that I have ever seen.

#16802 3 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

Speaking of Sonic Butterfly, this posted recently in the Denver area for $1K:
cosprings.craigslist.org link
OP:
- Absolutely stunning pin with vibrant colors! Very few made and few great ones survived
- Plays and works 100%. Challenging game with strong coils and numerous fun shots.
- Very detailed internal restoration of every internal part. Pictures speak for themselves.
- Complete detailed teardown, cleaning, tuning, fixes and rebuild.
- Original plastics in great condition – no cracks or breaks, except 1 plastic carefully recreated due to “unobtainium” part.
- BEAUTIFUL backglass in MINT condition - stunning!! (If not mint its as close as it gets)
- BEAUTIFUL playfield!! Zero planking with original durable clear coat. These were known to have very nice playfields. Very minor ball trail at playfield top (see pic) and minor shooter wear at ball eject.
- Tasteful leds. Have incandescent bulbs if wanted.
- New rubbers, coil sleeves and replacement parts as needed. Manual copy included.
- Set to free play with easy jumper removal if desired.
- Cabinet does have fade, and some wear spots but presents very well. Replaced removable head panel.
- Sonic brand – Williams parts.
- Smoke free home.
- Will stage in garage for easy breakdown and pickup.
- Serious inquiries only, please.

Obviously not a project, but that a pretty machine. Very nice. If I were closer, I might consider.

#16803 3 years ago

I work up in the area with the butterfly, if anyone needs a set of eyes on it let me know and I will see if I can help out.

Justin

#16804 3 years ago

I'm with the other guys, that machine is in phenomenal condition from what I can see. Would make somebody a very happy purchase.

-Hans

#16805 3 years ago

Apparently free Bow and Arrow in Minnesota.

brainerd.craigslist.org link

#16806 3 years ago
Quoted from HHaase:

The ad is 7 days old. I bet it's gone already and the ad is still sitting there. I'd still reach out if I was closer though.

#16807 3 years ago
Quoted from HHaase:

There was one advertised in craigslist NC I answered. The pics from this one looks the same. After the response I determined it was probably a scam. He said he wouldn't let just anybody have it, they had to prove they really wanted it and would keep it and fix it.

#16808 3 years ago
Quoted from HHaase:

I'm with the other guys, that machine is in phenomenal condition from what I can see. Would make somebody a very happy purchase.
-Hans

Quoted from phil-lee:

There was one advertised in craigslist NC I answered. The pics from this one looks the same. After the response I determined it was probably a scam. He said he wouldn't let just anybody have it, they had to prove they really wanted it and would keep it and fix it.

I had a Sonic Cherry Bell for a few months.

Three things:

1) Sonic's back glasses are super high quality. Mine looked brand new. No flaking etc.

2) The cabinet is made of some sort of particle board. People trash it for that. But the cab is solid as a rock. If it gets wet for any amount of time you will be sorry. But a ply wood cab that gets wet for any amount of time is trash, as well.

One nice advantage with this type of cab is that you never have to worry about a side wall warping. And they are a little more heavy.

3) Sonic has these great play fields. They are mylar, not clear coat. All of the artwork is part of the mylar. If anybody with a Sonic wants to verify, just disassemble a pop bumper and you will see the mylar gathered up under pop skirt. One mine, none of the inserts had raised or sunk in. It was a nice, flat play field.

I also had a Playmatic pin for a short time. It did not match the Sonic for quality of assembly.

#16809 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

3) Sonic has these great play fields. They are mylar, not clear coat. All of the artwork is part of the mylar. If anybody with a Sonic wants to verify, just disassemble a pop bumper and you will see the mylar gathered up under pop skirt. One mine, none of the inserts had raised or sunk in. It was a nice, flat play field.

They're not mylar, at least any I've ever seen. All of mine have pop bumper mylar circles installed. The playfield has some kind of clear coat on it. It wears and swirls like clear, just tough. I've taken inserts out too, so there couldn't have been mylar over them.

I thought one of the other european manufacturers used mylar, and it had problems with curling up sometimes and delaminating.

#16810 3 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I thought one of the other european manufacturers used mylar, and it had problems with curling up sometimes and delaminating.

Ding,ding,ding, Recel.

#16811 3 years ago

Wow, that condition is amazing, looks like it just slid right out of the box. That's a lot of empty blue real estate on the playfield though.

#16812 3 years ago

Oh please, for goodness sakes! Buy this for me and send it to me in California!
Finders fees for all of this!

#16813 3 years ago
Quoted from jbovenzi:

Oh please, for goodness sakes! Buy this for me and send it to me in California!
Finders fees for all of this!

Extra Inning is not an add a ball game! Look at the ipdb listing. It is a very unique novelty only game. You don't win extra balls or replays. Some have argued that makes it less fun.

#16814 3 years ago

Not project machines but something that might help people here with one of their projects -- or could become their next project if someone wants to "build a machine" starting with a populated playfield. These are mine but I just don't have a need for any of them at this point.

Four fully (or mostly) populated playfields for sale here on Pinside (in the marketplace) that can be delivered to the York Show or picked up here in Carlisle PA anytime before the show. They include a fully populated LAST ACTION HERO $900 (OBO) /// a fully populated CUE BALL WIZARD $600 (OBO) /// a fully populated ROCK $350 (OBO) /// and a mostly populated GOLD WINGS $350 (OBO)

From memory all four of these are in very nice overall condition. Once I get them "dug out" I'll know more about them but when I put them away about a year ago they all looked pretty nice to me. It will be a week or two before I can get pictures of them if anyone is seriously interest. Parts on these are worth more than my asking price but I hate to part them out because all of them are nice enough to just drop into machines. If they don't sell by the time York Show happens I'll just part them out over the Winter but I really hate to do that with nice playfields.

I have ZERO interest in attempting to ship these so please don't ask!

#16817 3 years ago

Millionaire
Williams ss
$650
New port Ritchie, fl
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2404274026537528/

#16818 3 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

Not project machines but something that might help people here with one of their projects -- or could become their next project if someone wants to "build a machine" starting with a populated playfield. These are mine but I just don't have a need for any of them at this point.
Four fully (or mostly) populated playfields for sale here on Pinside (in the marketplace) that can be delivered to the York Show or picked up here in Carlisle PA anytime before the show. They include a fully populated LAST ACTION HERO $900 (OBO) /// a fully populated CUE BALL WIZARD $600 (OBO) /// a fully populated ROCK $350 (OBO) /// and a mostly populated GOLD WINGS $350 (OBO)
From memory all four of these are in very nice overall condition. Once I get them "dug out" I'll know more about them but when I put them away about a year ago they all looked pretty nice to me. It will be a week or two before I can get pictures of them if anyone is seriously interest. Parts on these are worth more than my asking price but I hate to part them out because all of them are nice enough to just drop into machines. If they don't sell by the time York Show happens I'll just part them out over the Winter but I really hate to do that with nice playfields.
I have ZERO interest in attempting to ship these so please don't ask!

I want The Rock and gg,wait no shipping,oh no

#16819 3 years ago

Smart Set
Williams em
$300
Mooresville NC
charlotte.craigslist.org link

#16820 3 years ago

Good deal on a "project" LW3 here

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
Functional - needs minor work - “My game sale threads are long as I believe when asking people to spend their money, I should be as comprehensive and forthcoming as possible. Why have someone make a trip for an u...”
2020-05-30
Racine, WI
1,400 (OBO)
Archived after: 4 days
Viewed: 469 times
Contributed to Pinside

#16821 3 years ago
Quoted from pinostalgia:

I want The Rock and gg,wait no shipping,oh no

Sadly shipping coast to cost would be crazy expensive anyway. Rock & Gold Wings would likely be the least expensive to ship and easiest to pack. If you are seriously interested I can see what shipping would cost and let you know but I can guarantee you will not like what it is going to cost to ship. My best guess would be over $200 according to my recent research.

#16822 3 years ago

Sadly shipping coast to cost would be crazy expensive anyway. Rock & Gold Wings would likely be the least expensive to ship and easiest to pack. If you are seriously interested I can see what shipping would cost and let you know but I can guarantee you will not like what it is going to cost to ship. My best guess would be over $200 according to my recent research.

thank you,i shipped a playfield to tennessee a couple years back for around $60 usps,fedex and ups quoted me slightly higher,but it was just a plain board for a hollywood heat (non populated).

#16823 3 years ago

Quoted from pinostalgia:

thank you,i shipped a playfield to tennessee a couple years back for around $60 usps,fedex and ups quoted me slightly higher,but it was just a plain board for a hollywood heat (non populated).

I have recently bought and had playdields shipped. They were 75 for a single, but it was cheaper to bundle 2 or 3.

There would also potentially be be the option of Dan Scott or Bob Cunningham, which would likely be cheaper if it was along their routes.

#16824 3 years ago
Quoted from pinostalgia:

Quoted from Daditude:

I have recently bought and had playdields shipped. They were 75 for a single, but it was cheaper to bundle 2 or 3.
There would also potentially be be the option of Dan Scott or Bob Cunningham, which would likely be cheaper if it was along their routes.

Empty playfields are fairly cheap to ship they only weigh a few pounds. FULLY POPULATED playfields weigh between 60 and 100 pounds and the box needs to be 48"x25"x10" (or bigger). Shipping an empty playfield is much different than shipping a populated playfield. USPS will not even ship a populated playfield (box size is too large and weight is typically too heavy).

Shipping a populated playfield is like shipping a third of a machine. And shipping something that big & that heavy doesn't happen cheap.

If you want to try something try packing a fully populated playfield for safe shipping - it is a ton of fun. I hate even trying to pack them to bring them to a show and doing that I am the only one handling them.

#16825 3 years ago

Empty playfields are fairly cheap to ship they only weigh a few pounds. FULLY POPULATED playfields weigh between 60 and 100 pounds and the box needs to be 48"x25"x10" (or bigger). Shipping an empty playfield is much different than shipping a populated playfield. USPS will not even ship a populated playfield (box size is too large and weight is typically too heavy).
Shipping a populated playfield is like shipping a third of a machine. And shipping something that big & that heavy doesn't happen cheap.
If you want to try something try packing a fully populated playfield for safe shipping - it is a ton of fun. I hate even trying to pack them to bring them to a show and doing that I am the only one handling them.

You are 100% correct. I didn't realize they were populated.

#16826 3 years ago

One thing that can be done, if the buyer is willing to pay you for your time, is to strip the heavy parts and the bulky parks from the play field and ship in separate boxes. It would not be much cheaper, and maybe cost more, but it makes things a possibility.

Or you build a wooden box and ship via freight. All depends on how serious the buyer is.

#16827 3 years ago

Quoted from cottonm4:

One thing that can be done, if the buyer is willing to pay you for your time, is to strip the heavy parts and the bulky parks from the play field and ship in separate boxes. It would not be much cheaper, and maybe cost more, but it makes things a possibility.
Or you build a wooden box and ship via freight. All depends on how serious the buyer is.

Yep, either have to crate it or strip it. If you try to ship it populated in a cardboard box, no matter what you try to do to stuff it or support it, parts will get broken.

#16828 3 years ago

I have a spare DE cabinet and toyed with the thought of buying the LAH playfield and seeing if I could resurrect it into a working pin.

Just crazy talk though.

#16829 3 years ago

King Kool
Em
Knoxville, tn
$300
images.craigslist.org link

#16831 3 years ago

Cue Ball Wizard
Gottlieb ss
$910
San Diego, Ca
Pinsider sndchaser
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-cue-ball-wizard-30

#16832 3 years ago

#surf-champ

For sale here....

https://www.estatesales.net/NE/Omaha/68114/2543163

Auction page here....

https://twist-of-fate-estate-sales.myshopify.com/collections/all/products/1976-gottlieb-surf-champ-pinball-machine

This is one of the cleanest EM's ive seen at one of these sales in a long time. Video of machine and closeups of playfield which looks like its in pretty good shape.

#16833 3 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Surf Champ
For sale here....
https://www.estatesales.net/NE/Omaha/68114/2543163
Auction page here....
https://twist-of-fate-estate-sales.myshopify.com/collections/all/products/1976-gottlieb-surf-champ-pinball-machine
This is one of the cleanest EM's ive seen at one of these sales in a long time. Video of machine and closeups of playfield which looks like its in pretty good shape.

That's a nice looking Surf Champ. The seller has put up several pics. This seller is knows a little bit about pins, I'm guessing. Low ballers will probably be walked out the door.

#16834 3 years ago

Here in Houston Texas. Project pinball machines are extremely expensive. Owners jack up the price to unbelievable prices. And people will pay maximum dollar. Unbelievable.It’s rare to see a craigslist posted machine that’s a project. If you do it’s gone quick.

#16836 3 years ago

Found this on Facebook Marketplace.

Dallas, GA
$2,200

Data East Batman

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/296305594716443/

Id probably go pick it up if I wasnt in the market for another car.

#16837 3 years ago

Not sure if this is the same poster selling the DE Batman but its located in Dallas, GA as well.

NOT a pin but a Free Nascar Arcade project.

Dallas,GA
$0

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/177536770348507/

#16838 3 years ago
Quoted from PapaKilo:

Not sure if this is the same poster selling the DE Batman but its located in Dallas, GA as well.
NOT a pin but a Free Nascar Arcade project.
Dallas,GA
$0
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/177536770348507/

Good deal for the arcade guys, or route.

#16839 3 years ago

#shaq-attaq
Gottlieb
Price:$500
OP:Nonfunctional pinball machine for reconditioning or parts. Heavy.
Link: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/291821548879768/

#16842 3 years ago

I'll be listing a project Bally Playboy here on Pinside later tonight or tomorrow morning. Needs MPU work because of battery damage but otherwise decent overall condition. Nice backglass - some playfield wear (but not as bad as most Playboy machines) and a decent cabinet. Looking to get $1200 (or close to $1200) for it. Listing will have plenty of pictures.

#16845 3 years ago

Selling a Striker Xtreme project. Located in Derry, NH.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/96565

#16846 3 years ago

This is a 6 hours round-trip from me...
Seller said:
"condition: good
make / manufacturer: Balleys
1980 Flash Gordon balleys pinball machine everything is there,paint alittle faded.I traded some work for it so am not really knowing to much about it"

visalia.craigslist.org link

00C0C_88qvIsTkkMy_0Du0QE_600x450 (resized).jpg00C0C_88qvIsTkkMy_0Du0QE_600x450 (resized).jpg00M0M_8rx49Agcnq8_0Du0QE_600x450 (resized).jpg00M0M_8rx49Agcnq8_0Du0QE_600x450 (resized).jpg
#16847 3 years ago
Quoted from pinostalgia:

Seller said:
1980 Flash Gordon balleys pinball machine everything is there,paint alittle faded.I traded some work for it so am not really knowing to much about it"
[quoted image][quoted image]

Easy pickup for 500. Someone is getting a good deal right here.

The playfield looks super nice. Not blown out like other FGs.

#16848 3 years ago
Quoted from pinostalgia:

Seller said:

FG is a wishlist pin for me. I wish it was a 6 hour trip for me

#16849 3 years ago
Quoted from pinostalgia:

Seller said:

And you’re waiting for.......?

#16850 3 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

And you’re waiting for.......?

Not on my wish list, I'll let someone who really wants it have it. I'm no flipper and can't stand flippers.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
$ 3.00
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 44.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ottawa, ON
Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 169.00
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 26,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 337 of 522.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/post-project-pins-for-sale-here-cl-ebay-pinside-and-others/page/337?hl=phil-lee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.