431614063_7188125154641704_8537065374982863412_n (resized).jpg
IMG_2403 (resized).png
pin (resized).jpg
ww (resized).JPG
ww2 (resized).JPG
nne (resized).JPG
19E4C046-C05E-4FCA-8A51-3A8A22907BCD (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 25,999 posts in this topic. You are on page 336 of 520.
#16751 3 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

I don't want to argue with a man named too-many-pins about pricing but the amount of battery puke and faulty lamp sockets in that lot should bring it down 2k, no?
Plus hauling 11 machines, storing them while you work on them, explaining all of this to your wife. I'm finna offer 3k, maybe they'll accept the 5k offer then.

Yup, that would bring price to $200 per pin, which is more realistic for projects probably needing a ton of work.

#16752 3 years ago
Quoted from HHaase:

Gotta love Champ. As far as I know the only pinball machine with a big enough ego to so prominently put a picture of itself on itself.
-Hans

If it hadn't been for that blue haired woman's head in the way it would've been the first infinity glass.

#16753 3 years ago

Looks like a decent playfield?
newyork.craigslist.org link

#16755 3 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

Just down the road from me but seller isn't interested in splitting the lot. It's open for offers, though. Maybe one of you crazy kids wants to take them all off his hands? I'll take an EK as a finders fee.

$11,000 for 11 games.
Close Encounters of the Third Kind
Dracula
Evel Knievel x2
Knockout
Laser Ball
Magic
Mata Hari
Motordome
Solar City
Vector

Price drop - $9500. Only another $6000 to go

#16756 3 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

ebay.com link » 11 Vintage Classic Pinball Arcade Machine Old School 2 Evil Knievel One Lot
Just down the road from me but seller isn't interested in splitting the lot. It's open for offers, though. Maybe one of you crazy kids wants to take them all off his hands? I'll take an EK as a finders fee.
$11,000 for 11 games.
Close Encounters of the Third Kind
Dracula
Evel Knievel x2
Knockout
Laser Ball
Magic
Mata Hari
Motordome
Solar City
Vector

It does says "OBO." It is located in Iowa, but if anyone is thinking about going for it, there are 2-3 titles I would buy from you.

#16757 3 years ago

This is a scammer. He had a Pinside account that was cancelled so he opened another Pinside account.

#16759 3 years ago
Quoted from HHaase:

Gotta love Champ. As far as I know the only pinball machine with a big enough ego to so prominently put a picture of itself on itself.
-Hans

Great point! Too bad the game is 2 shades shy of a snooze-fest!

#16760 3 years ago

Apparently this thread inspired me to give it a go (didn't hurt that they are both on legs and I finally had a free weekend). El Toro now plays correctly

Unless someone has an interesting trade in mind you'll probably find El Toro available to play at the Western Mass Pinball Club when we are finally able to reopen

Quoted from ejacques:

I'll throw these two projects out there since I've got a backlog of them right now. Williams El Toro and Bally Champ. Both kinda play but have ball count issues that I haven't attempted to tackle yet. Also have a William San Francisco in storage I could add to the right deal - similar condition to El Toro - cabinet painted white though). Anyone interested in a 2 (or 3) for 1? I'm about as ecclectic as it gets with my pinball tastes - so feel free to try me.
Chicopee, MA (next to Springfield)
[quoted image][quoted image]

#16761 3 years ago
Quoted from ejacques:

Apparently this thread inspired me to give it a go (didn't hurt that they are both on legs and I finally had a free weekend). El Toro now plays correctly
Unless someone has an interesting trade in mind you'll probably find El Toro available to play at the Western Mass Pinball Club when we are finally able to reopen

Where is the club?

#16762 3 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

Price drop - $9500. Only another $6000 to go

Yeah, he posted more pictures. Playfields have lots of wear. $4k lot, all day long

#16763 3 years ago

Odds and Evens
Bally em
$300
Oklahoma City, ok
Pinsider @ryanbrooks
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/96650

#16764 3 years ago

Three Rivers...which is part of Palmer, MA. Click on the WMPC link in my post header for more info.

Quoted from Murphdom:

Where is the club?

#16765 3 years ago

If you are brave enough

#high-speed
Williams
Price: $300 OBO
OP:THIS HAS BEEN SITTING FOR YEARS AND NEEDS WORK 300.00 OR BEST OFFER
Link: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/287943862596982/

#16766 3 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

If you are brave enough
High Speed
Williams

That picture looks familiar for some reason. Either way, needs a complete new cabinet.

-Hans

#16767 3 years ago

#smart-set
Williams
Price: $160
OP:-Up for sale a 1969 Williams Smart Set Pinball Machine Vintage.
-It is missing the Legs but could be purchased cheap online.
-it is in rough conditions but still has life to it.
-I have not plugged it in since it's from 1969.
-I do have the original wiring schematics.
-Just don’t have space for it anymore.
- Delivery within 25miles: $35
Link:https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2365865587046194/

#16769 3 years ago

One of the best of the fixed card games. Getting the double hold and returning the even or odd balls to replay twice is really magical. Amazing that Don Hooker was able to build circuits to do this in the 1950s. Helps that the game artwork is beautiful as well...

If I was in OH I would pick this up in a heartbeat. Looks in great shape.

#16770 3 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

If you are brave enough
High Speed
Williams

$450 to $600 worth of boards & displays, $350 to $500 worth of playfield parts, plus a transformer, coin door etc. If it isn't worth finding a cabinet for it has over a grand in parts on it.

#16771 3 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

Put in some new fuses & she probably will boot up. $300 for a players condition game that just needs new fuses? That's a steal! Where's Pecos at? As thread OP he's gotta see this one. Probably the best deal ever posted.

#16772 3 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Yeah, he posted more pictures. Playfields have lots of wear. $4k lot, all day long

I'll join the "I'm not buying the lot but if someone else does, I'll take an individual machine" group as I would take a project dracula or mata hari. I have a newly built rectifier & SDB waiting for a project game. <insert custom emojjjjiii>*

#16773 3 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

$450 to $600 worth of boards & displays, $350 to $500 worth of playfield parts, plus a transformer, coin door etc. If it isn't worth finding a cabinet for it has over a grand in parts on it.

You sell a lot of parts and I see some good parts on this pin. I am not going to question your knowledge, but where do you see $350-$500 worth of play field parts? Educate me, please.

#16774 3 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

I'll join the "I'm not buying the lot but if someone else does, I'll take an individual machine" group as I would take a project dracula or mata hari. I have a newly built rectifier & SDB waiting for a project game. <insert custom emojjjjiii>*

Looks like he did one hell of a job getting them sold and avoiding eBay fees. Guys like that get under my skin because them avoiding fees makes my fees higher in the long run. If you use a site to advertise stuff you have for sale give that site their fair share for helping you sell that item (or those items). I like saving money just like everyone else but venues like Pinside, eBay, Craig's List, Facebook, Etc deserve to get paid if you are selling on their venue.

#16775 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

You sell a lot of parts and I see some good parts on this pin. I am not going to question your knowledge, but where do you see $350-$500 worth of play field parts? Educate me, please.

Pretty much ever pinball machine has a lest $350 in parts on a populated playfield (even EM machines). Going back to High Speed: used plastics $75 for set (more if you sell them one at a time), ramps $25 each, 3 flipper assemblies @$25 each = $75, pair slingshots $20 to $30, kick out assembly $20 to $25, Drop target assembly $35 (or more), 3 spinners @ $8 each, out lane kickback $20, plastic post $10, hardware $15, light sockets $5, harness $25, apron $10 to $35, rollovers with switches $15, etc.

A few dollars for some items - a little more for others - it all adds up pretty quickly. You also have wire lane guides and other little stuff. Then guys are paying $50 (or more) for stripped playfields for wall art (I typically give playfields away because I don't want to ship them).

So now for guys thinking I am making a killing on parts. An average machine takes me about 12 hours to part out and another 12 hours to list and ship the parts (including answering emails - etc). So about 24 hours of time invested.

As far as the money end of things: cost of machine, cost of storage, cost of packing supplies, eBay & Paypal fees, plus cost of fuel to go get machines all add up. Typically I can part out and list parts from two machines a week. Netting me about $1500 a week in parts sales. Cost of machines I part out and monthly overhead takes about 50% of that money, eBay & Paypal fees another 20% of that money leaving me with about 30% gross profit. So basically I make about $500 a week dealing with these parts when I am working at it more or less full time. Less than $10 per hour & hardly worth the effort. But I don't do it for the money - I do it to help people and to save "junk machines" from the landfill so all is good.

#16776 3 years ago

Pretty much ever pinball machine has a lest $350 in parts on a populated playfield (even EM machines). Going back to High Speed: used plastics $75 for set (more if you sell them one at a time), ramps $25 each, 3 flipper assemblies @$25 each = $75, pair slingshots $20 to $30, kick out assembly $20 to $25, Drop target assembly $35 (or more), 3 spinners @ $8 each, out lane kickback $20, plastic post $10, hardware $15, light sockets $5, harness $25, apron $10 to $35, rollovers with switches $15, etc.
A few dollars for some items - a little more for others - it all adds up pretty quickly. You also have wire lane guides and other little stuff. Then guys are paying $50 (or more) for stripped playfields for wall art (I typically give playfields away because I don't want to ship them).
So now for guys thinking I am making a killing on parts. An average machine takes me about 12 hours to part out and another 12 hours to list and ship the parts (including answering emails - etc). So about 24 hours of time invested.
As far as the money end of things: cost of machine, cost of storage, cost of packing supplies, eBay & Paypal fees, plus cost of fuel to go get machines all add up. Typically I can part out and list parts from two machines a week. Netting me about $1500 a week in parts sales. Cost of machines I part out and monthly overhead takes about 50% of that money, eBay & Paypal fees another 20% of that money leaving me with about 30% gross profit. So basically I make about $500 a week dealing with these parts when I am working at it more or less full time. Less than $10 per hour & hardly worth the effort. But I don't do it for the money - I do it to help people and to save "junk machines" from the landfill so all is good.

Thank you.

Around 2003, I started cleaning out the attic and selling the items on Ebay. I learned that I would have an hour of my time tied up in setting the auction up; take pics, upload them, write the copy, deal with lots of questions, locate a suitable shipping box, try to figure out the shipping cost, haul the sold item to the post office etc. I learned very quick that if something was not going to sell for more than $10-$15 that it was not worth my time.

I have a few pin parts laying around that have some value but are not worth the time it takes to sell them. But I will not throw them away.

I appreciate all that you do.

#16777 3 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

If you are brave enough
High Speed
Williams

Whoever gets this- I will pay you double for the ramp, wireframes and the boards. I have two cabinets and playfields and want to do a retheme on one.

#16778 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Thank you.
I have a few pin parts laying around that have some value but are not worth the time it takes to sell them. But I will not throw them away.
I appreciate all that you do.

It is truly a "labor of love" however I think a younger guy tweaking prices a bit and working a little harder than I care to do will do very well selling pinball parts. And that is exactly who I sold the parts business to last Fall. Matt (hazmat7719 here on Pinside) now owns 95% of my inventory and will start selling parts this Fall. We made the deal on the business last Fall at the York Show and I managed to deliver 8 van & trailer loads of parts and machines to him before this Coronavirus mess hit. I still have one last load to deliver.

Since I had to cancel my plans for 2020 because of the Coronavirus Matt & I amended our deal and I am going to continue to sell some parts until this Fall when he is going to be ready to get underway. So starting around Oct. 2020 Matt will be you "go to guy" for lots of great used parts.

For now I'll keep helping as many people as possible but it has gotten tougher with my very limited inventory these days.

-Skip-

#16779 3 years ago

I have a lot of parts and plastics I need to sell (Taxi, whirlwind, monster bash, sorcerer, firepower II, Williams system 7 mpu, sorcerer).

If anyone is looking for any of this stuff, feel free to PM me

#16780 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I have a lot of parts and plastics I need to sell (Taxi, whirlwind, monster bash, sorcerer, firepower II, Williams system 7 mpu, sorcerer).
If anyone is looking for any of this stuff, feel free to PM me

I had a Williams Laser Cue for awhile. I seem to recall that system 7 MPUs (both boards) are getting rather hard to find.

#16781 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I had a Williams Laser Cue for awhile. I seem to recall that system 7 MPUs (both boards) are getting rather hard to find.

Especially clean ones...which his is!

#16782 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Maybe DumbAss could make some if he has the time?

#16783 3 years ago

It is truly a "labor of love" however I think a younger guy tweaking prices a bit and working a little harder than I care to do will do very well selling pinball parts. And that is exactly who I sold the parts business to last Fall. Matt (hazmat7719 here on Pinside) now owns 95% of my inventory and will start selling parts this Fall. We made the deal on the business last Fall at the York Show and I managed to deliver 8 van & trailer loads of parts and machines to him before this Coronavirus mess hit. I still have one last load to deliver.
Since I had to cancel my plans for 2020 because of the Coronavirus Matt & I amended our deal and I am going to continue to sell some parts until this Fall when he is going to be ready to get underway. So starting around Oct. 2020 Matt will be you "go to guy" for lots of great used parts.
For now I'll keep helping as many people as possible but it has gotten tougher with my very limited inventory these days.
-Skip-

Congrats on making the sale, Skip!
I didn’t know you found a buyer, that’s wonderful someone with the passion picked up your parts business!
I wished I could have met you at the York show. I got there so late I seemed to have missed everyone.

#16784 3 years ago

#minizag

For sale here...Theyre asking $1050 but are accepting offers before the sale....

https://www.estatesales.net/PA/Doylestown/18902/2539311

#16787 3 years ago

Cool game. Not the greatest shooter, but the ruleset makes up for it.

#16788 3 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Cool game. Not the greatest shooter, but the ruleset makes up for it.

And it's gone.

-Hans

#16790 3 years ago
Quoted from luckycreature:

Free! Sure its gone...

It's up to $300.00 now!

#16791 3 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

It's up to $300.00 now!

of course it is,,,, ughh

#16792 3 years ago

CFTBL on eBay

ebay.com link: itm

Not a project, but a great price...so I'm sharing it.
It ends in 90 minutes. Located in CA, but appears to include shipping

Screenshot_20200528-133355 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200528-133355 (resized).png
#16793 3 years ago

https://offerup.com/item/detail/816854561/

Headless Segasa-Sonic "Butterfly" in Texas. Looks like other than the missing head it's not really too hacked up yet.

#16794 3 years ago
Quoted from HHaase:

Headless Segasa-Sonic "Butterfly" in Texas. Looks like other than the missing head it's not really too hacked up yet.

The same guy is selling a pretty nice Harlem globetrotters for 1300

#16796 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

CFTBL on eBay
ebay.com link
Not a project, but a great price...so I'm sharing it.
It ends in 90 minutes. Located in CA, but appears to include shipping[quoted image]

This sold for 5100 and change. I hope someone on here got it

#16799 3 years ago
Quoted from HHaase:

Too bad, that’s a great game.

#16800 3 years ago

Speaking of Sonic Butterfly, this posted recently in the Denver area for $1K:

cosprings.craigslist.org link

OP:
- Absolutely stunning pin with vibrant colors! Very few made and few great ones survived
- Plays and works 100%. Challenging game with strong coils and numerous fun shots.
- Very detailed internal restoration of every internal part. Pictures speak for themselves.
- Complete detailed teardown, cleaning, tuning, fixes and rebuild.
- Original plastics in great condition – no cracks or breaks, except 1 plastic carefully recreated due to “unobtainium” part.
- BEAUTIFUL backglass in MINT condition - stunning!! (If not mint its as close as it gets)
- BEAUTIFUL playfield!! Zero planking with original durable clear coat. These were known to have very nice playfields. Very minor ball trail at playfield top (see pic) and minor shooter wear at ball eject.
- Tasteful leds. Have incandescent bulbs if wanted.
- New rubbers, coil sleeves and replacement parts as needed. Manual copy included.
- Set to free play with easy jumper removal if desired.
- Cabinet does have fade, and some wear spots but presents very well. Replaced removable head panel.
- Sonic brand – Williams parts.
- Smoke free home.
- Will stage in garage for easy breakdown and pickup.
- Serious inquiries only, please.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball
Cabinet parts
There are 25,999 posts in this topic. You are on page 336 of 520.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/post-project-pins-for-sale-here-cl-ebay-pinside-and-others/page/336?hl=rampton and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.