IMG_0166 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0108 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0145 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
427544480_438001162096613_4726558780365908600_n (resized).jpg
432351887_946619277018071_8910572839030189925_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 26,088 posts in this topic. You are on page 316 of 522.
#15754 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I’ve given away 3 free games on here, including a decent GTB Spiderman. Free pins do happen.

"Free" is the code word for "termite infested" or "rodent infested". From my experience, anyway.

#15755 4 years ago
Quoted from sndchaser:

"Free" is the code word for "termite infested" or "rodent infested". From my experience, anyway.

In my experience both of those are considered bonuses not disclosed by the seller lol! Free pets/live feed included for a small fee

#15756 4 years ago
Quoted from sndchaser:

Nah, I gave Colson a free pin for his daughter, it was pretty nice if no sound. It happens.

#15757 4 years ago
Quoted from sndchaser:

In some cases, but I got a free whirlwind everything worked but pops, free space shuttle, free eight ball deluxe both pretty nice just needed some tweaks.

#15759 4 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

The guy that worries me is the guy in a 3 piece suit living in a $500k plus house. GOD only know how many people he had to walk on to get their!

There is a crime behind every fortune ?

Yes. I agree with you. The pie can only be sliced in so many ways. I'll take half and the rest of you can split the other half.

#15760 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Yes. I agree with you. The pie can only be sliced in so many ways. I'll take half and the rest of you can split the other half.

You assume the pie is fixed in size, not so.

#15762 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Not saying a "crime" just from my experience those guys in the suits are the guys you need to worry about more than a guy who has worked his ass off for everything he owns.

#15763 4 years ago

Beat Time
Hempstead, NY
Screenshot_20200213-141934 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200213-141934 (resized).png

#15765 4 years ago
Quoted from PapaKilo:

Looks like they took down the auction for Hurricane and are now auctioning off Whirlwind in a package deal.
Hurricane and Whirlwind auction.
Morgantown,WV
https://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?fa=Main.Item&itemid=1708&acctid=7396

I'd been watching this with some interest.... Right up until the price went to $2600 (plus 5% buyers premium) with 5 days to go (and this was when they were still both being reported as not working, although now they say the have gotten Whirlwind functioning).

Also, one of the Q & A's sealed the deal on letting my interest wain:

Q: Are these the machines that were in the flood? (2/12/20 10:26 AM)
A: we understand that they may have suffered some water damage from a plumbing incident where they were located (2/12/20 10:48 AM)

#15766 4 years ago
Quoted from cmack750:

I'd been watching this with some interest.... Right up until the price went to $2600 (plus 5% buyers premium) with 5 days to go (and this was when they were still both being reported as not working, although now they say the have gotten Whirlwind functioning).
A: we understand that they may have suffered some water damage from a plumbing incident where they were located (2/12/20 10:48 AM)

I would be willing to bet the whirlwind is NOT functioning. They probably got the GI or a display to light up or something.

#15767 4 years ago
Quoted from cmack750:

Wonder if the bidding went over $2600 before or after it was disclosed they were in a flood? Someone might be buying a lot of expensive junk. Typically flood machines can have real issues depending how wet they got. I have tried to save several flood machines and paint of the playfields always seem to flake after being wet or under water. Boards & most of the electronics seem to do OK and I have even had transformers that were fine after they dried out but the wood is normally the biggest issue with flood machines from my experiences with them.

#15768 4 years ago

Wonder if the bidding went over $2600 before or after it was disclosed they were in a flood? Someone might be buying a lot of expensive junk. Typically flood machines can have real issues depending how wet they got. I have tried to save several flood machines and paint of the playfields always seem to flake after being wet or under water. Boards & most of the electronics seem to do OK and I have even had transformers that were fine after they dried out but the wood is normally the biggest issue with flood machines from my experiences with them.

Looks like just 2 people in a bidding war.....price was increased by $350 or so since the water damage was reported.

Screenshot_20200213-180558 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200213-180558 (resized).png
#15769 4 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

You assume the pie is fixed in size, not so.

Large pie. Small pie. It is all the same. I'll take one half and the rest of you can share the other half. And if it is a bigger pie you will enjoy it more and forget that I cleaned up.

This is how rich guys think. I am not a rich guy but it is nice to think like one.

#15770 4 years ago

Not saying a "crime" just from my experience those guys in the suits are the guys you need to worry about more than a guy who has worked his ass off for everything he owns.

My man, you have just described capitalism.

#15771 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

My man, you have just described capitalism.

To some people life is all about money. To other people life is about giving & sharing. I am more of the giving & sharing type guy and anyone who knows me or has done business with me knows that. I'll never drive a fancy car, have an overpriced house, or be able to afford some of the nicer things in life. But I'll will go to my grave having enjoyed ever day I was on earth and having helped as many people as possible along the way.

From my experience most guys with lots of money typically have taken advantage of other people to get it. Most of them are not truly happy and most wouldn't help someone else unless there is something in it for them.

I am not saying everyone is that way but from experience you shouldn't judge a book by the cover. And I see people the same way! That was my point with my original post when the guy that bought the Black Hole machine from that place he posted a picture of. My first thought was - typical working man living a simple life. Not the neatest place in the world but it wouldn't concern me at all buying a machine from him.

#15772 4 years ago

From my experience most guys with lots of money typically have taken advantage of other people to get it. Most of them are not truly happy and most wouldn't help someone else unless there is something in it for them.
I am not saying everyone is that way but from experience you shouldn't judge a book by the cover.

All true.

I grew up in a small town. All my relatives lived in small towns. Some were farmers who threw nothing away. Small towns with regular houses where one bathroom was the norm. Or maybe even an outhouse. Seeing a living abode like the Black Hole house is something I have visited in the past.

I worked for a rich guy for a couple of years. He was rich, married, and just a little lonely. I did not go to Grand Lake and R & R a roof on his cabin. It was his, "5,000 sq. ft. cabin, or it was not just his cobblestone driveway, it was his $35,000.00 cobblestone driveway. Everything had a number beside it. He always talked this "rich crap" to me because the other rich guy across the street was worth 10 times the money and would not have been impressed with a $100,00.00.

He was paying me $12.00 per hour as an independent contractor and all he could talk about was is his expensive toys. A little later he wanted to cut me to $6.00 per hour as an IC. I left and found another job.

From the annals of what I have learned through the years is the rich guys did not get rich by sharing.

#15773 4 years ago
Quoted from cmack750:

Looks like just 2 people in a bidding war.....price was increased by $350 or so since the water damage was reported.

this is the reason why people use Gixen to snipe on ebay.

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my Pinball 2000 H+V Video Sync Combiner kit

#15774 4 years ago

Headless Pin - Parts machine

Manufacturer: Bally
Game/Type: Evel Knievel / SS 4 Player
Month/Year: July 1976
Production: 14,000
Cost: $300
Link/Contact: nashville.craigslist.org link

OP: Here is a Bally Evel Knievel pinball machine body. The cabinet is pretty nice. The playfeild is dirty with some wear. The complete head is missing. The head was unbolted and disconnected to take to a guy for repair in Rogersville/ Killen Alabama area. He passed away and head went missing. Asking $300.

#15775 4 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

OP: Here is a Bally Evel Knievel pinball machine body. The cabinet is pretty nice. The playfeild is dirty with some wear. The complete head is missing. The head was unbolted and disconnected to take to a guy for repair in Rogersville/ Killen Alabama area. He passed away and head went missing. Asking $300.

Wish I were closer I have NOS playfeild for a Evel Knievel and a bally cabinet I could take a head off of. Probably even have enough extra boards to get it to flipping

#15776 4 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

I would be "all over that" if I was headed to Nashville anytime soon.

#15778 4 years ago

Looks like the EK sold add is down, I sure was contemplating a 20+hr road trip on that one.

#15779 4 years ago
Quoted from cmack750:

My newest project, picked up this morning after a 1am Craigslist notification and conversation. Cab is pretty rough, and missing the lockdown bar and playfield glass, but the boards are good and it flips!
Been looking for a project one for 2 years now. The people I bought it from were really nice.... But their house was maaaaaayyyyyyybbbbee a little sketchy......[quoted image][quoted image]

Oh man, I messaged "May" about this the other day when I saw it on CL but it was around 9 am and she said it was already sold. Nice grab! Pays to be up late, haha.

#15782 4 years ago
Quoted from cmack750:

But their house was maaaaaayyyyyyybbbbee a little sketchy......[quoted image][quoted image]

Dude! Do the sound boards play banjo music?

#15783 4 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

He passed away and head went missing.

Maybe that’s WHY he passed away.

#15784 4 years ago

Gottlieb Sheriff here in the DC area (Alexandria, VA) for $200. Sounds like a very light project.

washingtondc.craigslist.org link

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my Pinball 2000 H+V Video Sync Combiner kit

#15785 4 years ago

Fun game but the play field looks pretty beat on this one. Still worth it if one is able to restore that part.

Quoted from rkahr:

Gottlieb Sheriff here in the DC area (Alexandria, VA) for $200. Sounds like a very light project.
washingtondc.craigslist.org link
-Rob

#15787 4 years ago

Coffee table alert!

Big Indian
Gottlieb em
$795 obo
Milford, mi
Pinsider bob_e
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/87803

#15788 4 years ago

#nightrider-ss

For auction here.

https://www.estatesales.net/MI/Leslie/49251/2482689

Online bidding available

#15790 4 years ago

F*ck,

That is my neighbor's listing. She was supposed to offer me the games. argggg

#15791 4 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

F*ck,

Time to knock on the door???

#15792 4 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

F*ck,

I know the feeling. My uncle was supposed to give me a restored pinball machine his son (my cousin) owned. After my cousin passed away, the estranged wife came outta no where and is now suing for the house and all it’s possessions, even though he sold it to my uncle before he died. She’s trying to nullify it and is selling shit out the backdoor so we can’t get anything when she inevitably loses.
It’s very frustrating.

#15793 4 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

I know the feeling. My uncle was supposed to give me a restored pinball machine his son (my cousin) owned. After my cousin passed away, the estranged wife came outta no where and is now suing for the house and all it’s possessions, even though he sold it to my uncle before he died. She’s trying to nullify it and is selling shit out the backdoor so we can’t get anything when she inevitably loses.
It’s very frustrating.

People can really suck. Sorry man.

#15794 4 years ago

dayum,

I can relate to family screwing family. I don't want to go into it here, but my wife and her siblings got screwed out of millions by her step mother.

I think the stuff in my neighbor's basement (actually her dad's house) was too overwhelming for her to deal with, so she just gave it all to the estate sellers.

I'm hoping no-one offers her anything on the machines so I can still get them, but I'm sure someone will. I posted a "price check" email last week on the Gondola, but didn't get any replies. She had sent me pics. the BG looked ok but no pics of the machine itself. She said that it's been sitting for like 40 years and doesn't know if all the parts are there.

I may still get them, but who knows now that's it's out in the ether. Fingers crossed.

#15795 4 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Time to knock on the door???

Too late I'm sure. Actually the seller lives about a mile from me, our kids went to school together. The house itself is her dad's that she's cleaning out, and is roughly 25 minutes away.

#15796 4 years ago

Time Warp
$900
cosmetically 8/10 per the ad
"doesn't boot"

Euclid, Oh

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2815852675159399/

#15797 4 years ago

Stern "Pinball" EM
$500
Bettendorf, IA

New rubbers playfield cleaned and waxed. Couple of the score reel are not resetting to zero, causing game to not start. Will trade for other pins and arcade games.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/478407516374054/

#15798 4 years ago

$450
1966 Williams full house pinball
Wellington, OH

needs some work,back glass has a small Crack in lower right side,not very noticeable, one flipper needs fixed,very good condition for age. No delivery-must pick up

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/188485699064074/

#15799 4 years ago

1958 Bally Carnival Queen bingo
$500
Terre Haute, IN
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2863970313624674/

#15800 4 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

I posted a "price check" email last week on the Gondola, but didn't get any replies. She had sent me pics. the BG looked ok but no pics of the machine itself. She said that it's been sitting for like 40 years and doesn't know if all the parts are there.

There was a playfield pic posted in the listing. Didn’t look like the game had been working in some time. It’s an Exhibit Supply Company game, so I would say less demand than the big manufacturers from that perspective. Very colorful with an interesting playfield layout and early bumper style. So from a visual perspective it looks cool. Reverse Flipper layout and probably “impulse Flippers” which is less desirable. All in all if it’s in decent cosmetic shape I would say no more than $250 as a project. You’re buying a piece of art in my opinion.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 169.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 44.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 3.00
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Ottawa, ON
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

There are 26,088 posts in this topic. You are on page 316 of 522.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/post-project-pins-for-sale-here-cl-ebay-pinside-and-others/page/316?hl=poboypinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.