Screenshot_20240318_092142_Chrome (resized).jpg
B72D3FD7-E334-4C70-B2B3-99E30898F742 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2476 (resized).png
431614063_7188125154641704_8537065374982863412_n (resized).jpg
IMG_2403 (resized).png
pin (resized).jpg
ww (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 26,067 posts in this topic. You are on page 284 of 522.
#14151 4 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Mata Hari
Flipper Pool
Johnny Mnemonic
#CLAW MACHINE
#skee ball
One machine I cant identify- bluespin ???
https://www.estatesales.net/NJ/Mendham/07945/2356902

Big money in that town. Might be worth taking a 1/2 day. I'm kinda maxed out on space right now, gotta move a wall! Thanks as always!

#14152 4 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Big money in that town. Might be worth taking a 1/2 day. I'm kinda maxed out on space right now, gotta move a wall! Thanks as always!

No prob....id rather some one here gets em than a flipper....

There's always room for 1 (or more) pins, right????

#14154 4 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Mata Hari
Flipper Pool
Johnny Mnemonic
#CLAW MACHINE
#skee ball

I see a Bally Viking.

#14155 4 years ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

Surf Champ in the Boston area for free on LetGo. No legs. Backglass looks great.

Thanks for the post @matesamo - contacted the owner and set to pickup tomorrow!
A bit of a ride but in before the gas spike. Owner seems straight up -- here's hoping it's there tomorrow.

#14156 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphod:

Thanks for the post @matesamo - contacted the owner and set to pickup tomorrow!
A bit of a ride but in before the gas spike. Owner seems straight up -- here's hoping it's there tomorrow.

Awesome! Glad someone snagged it, deal of the month!

#14157 4 years ago

Four months ago I wrote:

"'Red Flags.'

I don't look at Craiglist for pinballs anymore. I don't have the money or the room for more pins. But for some reason I checked the Tucson Craigslist last night and found a game on my wishlist, Flash, in Tempe, that I have been wanting for years. It was a Project Pin but priced right, too right, at only $300.

Red Flag - Yellow Flag #1: Priced well below market value. I should change this to 'Yellow Flag' because I have found some amazing under-priced Project Pins here in Arizona.

The ad had been up for eight hours already so I was expecting it to be sold already. But I replied to the ad by email and to another ad that he had for a Silverball Mania.

I received two emails in the morning saying 'I do' which was rather bizarre since I wasn't asking if he still had the machines. I was offering to buy them.

Red Flag #2: Email answered with what seemed like a canned reply, as if he hadn't even read my email.

One of the ads had a phone number so I called him up and told him that I was looking for a Flash. I told him that I was driving from Tucson and would he hold them for me? I offered $100 more than he was asking for the two machines. He told me that he couldn't do that and that he had someone there wanting them/it. I told him that I had to go to my Credit Union to get the money.

Red Flag #3: Telling me that he had someone there but the games were still available?

I offered to put $100 in his Paypal account if he would hold them for me. I wasn't about to drive almost two hours to Phoenix to find that he had sold the game(s) to someone else. I have learned that this promise is important!! He told me he didn't want that!

Red Flag #4: Why wasn't he willing to work with me? I was offering more than he asked? I was offering a down payment, sight unseen.

Red Flag #5: I got the feeling that he wanted several people to show up so he could have a 'Flash Auction', pun intended.

I then asked for his address and he told me that he would text it to me after I had the money in my hand. Huh?

Red Flag #6: What kind of games were this seller playing? Why wouldn't he give me his address? Why did I have to waste the time to drive to my Credit Union?

I went to my Credit Union. I really wanted Flash. It is one of the games in the great early Williams solid state games trilogy. I already own Firepower and Black Knight.

I called J**** again and told him I was at my Credit Union. He told me that someone was coming to look at Flash which seemed to contradict his earlier statement that he had a possible buyer already there. I told him that I wasn't coming up to Tempe until he accepted or declined my offer. He told me that it was probably better that I not come then.

Apparently this was a 'cash in hand' seller. Or was he looking for more money? He has the right to accept or not the offers that come his way. But what was with all the games? I did not take money out of my Credit Union and I did not make the hot drive to Tempe. I have no hard feelings, sometimes Craigslist sales go like this and I am certain that I made the right choice by passing on this rather strange Craigslist Project Pin opportunity."

And then after @vec-tor mentioned that it read like Dr. Seuss I felt like having some fun so I wrote this to summarize the whole sad affair:

"I do not like to Tempe hike
I do not like to Tempe bike!

I do not like it in the rain
I do not like it in a plane!

I do not like to go by truck
Arriving safely is but luck!

From the pictures you must guess
Whether or not there is a mess!

Up to Tempe you must dash
If you want to get the Flash
Don't forget to bring the cash!

If you want my address to know
To the bank you first must go
Let me know when it is so
Only then will I let you know!

Mania of the silverball you have, no?
Up to Tempe you must go!

Your love for pinball means
Higher prices for my machines
But only if you're first, it seems!

Best of luck on your quest
I do not this say just in jest
Bring the most to be the best
I like Benjies in my vest!

And don't bring Old Pueblo 'tudes
We don't like no Tucson dudes!"

All's well that ends well, so the saying goes and today all ended fantastic! I got my #flash! It's a real beauty.

DSCF4462 (resized).JPGDSCF4462 (resized).JPG

DSCF4478 (resized).JPGDSCF4478 (resized).JPG

DSCF4482 (resized).JPGDSCF4482 (resized).JPG

You can see more of the pics here and the significance of why I wanted to add Flash to my collection.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-machine-did-you-bring-home-today-post-your-pictures/page/272#post-5210875

#14159 4 years ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

This an interesting project for someone.
Old Plantation
pittsburgh.craigslist.org link
https://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=Old+plantation&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick#1708

That's pretty interesting. Never heard/seen anything like it before.

#14160 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

That's pretty interesting. Never heard/seen anything like it before.

It’s an overtly a gambler too which is interesting for its time period

#14161 4 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Four months ago I wrote:
"'Red Flags.'
I don't look at Craiglist for pinballs anymore. I don't have the money or the room for more pins. But for some reason I checked the Tucson Craigslist last night and found a game on my wishlist, Flash, in Tempe, that I have been wanting for years. It was a Project Pin but priced right, too right, at only $300.
Red Flag - Yellow Flag #1: Priced well below market value. I should change this to 'Yellow Flag' because I have found some amazing under-priced Project Pins here in Arizona.
The ad had been up for eight hours already so I was expecting it to be sold already. But I replied to the ad by email and to another ad that he had for a Silverball Mania.
I received two emails in the morning saying 'I do' which was rather bizarre since I wasn't asking if he still had the machines. I was offering to buy them.
Red Flag #2: Email answered with what seemed like a canned reply, as if he hadn't even read my email.
One of the ads had a phone number so I called him up and told him that I was looking for a Flash. I told him that I was driving from Tucson and would he hold them for me? I offered $100 more than he was asking for the two machines. He told me that he couldn't do that and that he had someone there wanting them/it. I told him that I had to go to my Credit Union to get the money.
Red Flag #3: Telling me that he had someone there but the games were still available?
I offered to put $100 in his Paypal account if he would hold them for me. I wasn't about to drive almost two hours to Phoenix to find that he had sold the game(s) to someone else. I have learned that this promise is important!! He told me he didn't want that!
Red Flag #4: Why wasn't he willing to work with me? I was offering more than he asked? I was offering a down payment, sight unseen.
Red Flag #5: I got the feeling that he wanted several people to show up so he could have a 'Flash Auction', pun intended.
I then asked for his address and he told me that he would text it to me after I had the money in my hand. Huh?
Red Flag #6: What kind of games were this seller playing? Why wouldn't he give me his address? Why did I have to waste the time to drive to my Credit Union?
I went to my Credit Union. I really wanted Flash. It is one of the games in the great early Williams solid state games trilogy. I already own Firepower and Black Knight.
I called J**** again and told him I was at my Credit Union. He told me that someone was coming to look at Flash which seemed to contradict his earlier statement that he had a possible buyer already there. I told him that I wasn't coming up to Tempe until he accepted or declined my offer. He told me that it was probably better that I not come then.
Apparently this was a 'cash in hand' seller. Or was he looking for more money? He has the right to accept or not the offers that come his way. But what was with all the games? I did not take money out of my Credit Union and I did not make the hot drive to Tempe. I have no hard feelings, sometimes Craigslist sales go like this and I am certain that I made the right choice by passing on this rather strange Craigslist Project Pin opportunity."
And then after @vec-tor mentioned that it read like Dr. Seuss I felt like having some fun so I wrote this to summarize the whole sad affair:
Up to Tempe you must go!
All's well that ends well, so the saying goes and today all ended fantastic! I got my #flash! It's a real beauty.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
You can see more of the pics here and the significance of why I wanted to add Flash to my collection.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-machine-did-you-bring-home-today-post-your-pictures/page/272#post-5210875

So....I feel like a part of the story is missing.....like the part RIGHT before the ending

#14162 4 years ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

This an interesting project for someone.
Old Plantation
pittsburgh.craigslist.org link
https://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=Old+plantation&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick#1708

Just keep it out of New York lol

#14163 4 years ago
Quoted from dc2010:

Just keep it out of New York lol

Why, do you get hammered, even for these old games?

#14164 4 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Why do you get hammered even for these old games?

Not sure what you mean,

It was a joke going back to the time when pins were banned

#14165 4 years ago

Online Estate Auction
Auburn, IN
Little John Auctions (insert music reference here)

1971 Williams Stardust

https://www.proxibid.com/Pinball-Machine/lotInformation/50291629#topoflot

#14166 4 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Four months ago I wrote:
"'Red Flags.'
Up to Tempe you must go!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

The rest of the story, please. Is this the same Flash with the flaky seller? Or is it a different Flash?

#14167 4 years ago

pecos took off in a flash

#14168 4 years ago

I am selling a gottlieb bone busters. I would consider it a working project. It is playing, but needs a deep cleaning/shop out and could use a few minor tweaks.

PM me if interested.

#14170 4 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Mata Hari
Flipper Pool
Johnny Mnemonic
#CLAW MACHINE
#skee ball

The Skee Ball is a nice-looking model S with the 100 holes. Would look great with my replacement display boards

Also a bowler there and two slot machines.

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my replacement LED display boards for model H & model S Skee Ball

#14171 4 years ago

Still Waters Estate Sales
Leonard, TX
September 20-22

#comet

https://www.estatesales.net/TX/Leonard/75452/2356839

#14172 4 years ago

Carolyn & Company LLC
Olivette, MO
September 20-22

Bally Bonus Ball

https://www.estatesales.net/MO/Olivette/63132/2353095

#14174 4 years ago

Bally Blackout

$1200.00

It is not listed as a project but it will need some work. I put this up because there is a large wishlist for Blackout.

Im out of room--and money, or I would go look at it. I would not give $1200.00 but I would go look.

wichita.craigslist.org link

#14175 4 years ago

Manufacturer: Bally
Game/Type: #frontier / SS
Year: October 1980
Production: 1,850
Cost: $125!
Link: wilmington.craigslist.org link

OP:Bally “Frontier” pinball machine 1980. All there, but needs restoration.

#14176 4 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

WANT!

#14177 4 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

great deal on this, my uncle lives there, might see if he can grab it.

#14178 4 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Mata Hari
Flipper Pool
Johnny Mnemonic
#CLAW MACHINE
#skee ball

if someone gets these, I would be interested in the Johnny and viking

#14179 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

great deal on this, my uncle lives there, might see if he can grab it.

Run, Woody, Run !!!

#14180 4 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

Instabuy right here. Wow!

#14181 4 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

And it's gone...

#14182 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Run, Woody, Run !!!

it gone already, I called. I have owned several cheap Frontiers. never got one for $125.

#14183 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

if someone gets these, I would be interested in the Johnny and viking

If I make it there I'll let you know. Figure I'll at least find out how much they're asking and be ready to head over.

#14184 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Instabuy right here. Wow!

Quoted from edward472:

And it's gone...

Quoted from woody76:

it gone already, I called. I have owned several cheap Frontiers. never got one for $125.

I'm afraid at that price it will probably reappear in 3 days on Facebook being flipped....

#14185 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

I'm afraid at that price it will probably reappear in 3 days on Facebook being flipped....

Like the $800 Whirlwind that was flipped the next day

#14186 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

It's on EBAY

#14187 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Let the flipper flip. It is worth the money and will find its way into someone's hands who will restore it.

#14189 4 years ago
Quoted from dc2010:

It's on EBAY

Quoted from woody76:

I don't see it there

I think this trending towards "$10K by Christmas"

#14190 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I don't see it there

Quoted from cottonm4:

I think this trending towards "$10K by Christmas"

Damn! I promise you it was ! Looks gone now

#14191 4 years ago
Quoted from dc2010:

Damn! I promise you it was ! Looks gone now

someone swooped in and got it.

#14192 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

someone swooped in and got it.

A Bally Frontier play field sold for $245.00 on Ebay on August 18, 2019.

ebay.com link: Bally FRONTIER Pinball Playfield

That is all for Frontier except for the usual replacement parts.

#14193 4 years ago

Too slow on the Frontier. Thats a 2 hour drive for me...

#14194 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

A Bally Frontier play field sold for $245.00 on Ebay on August 18, 2019.
ebay.com link » Bally Frontier Pinball Playfield
That is all for Frontier except for the usual replacement parts.

It was listed this morning for 125.00, in NC , I didn't bid due to distance, seller must've cancelled the listing, you can do that if there are no bids

#14195 4 years ago
Quoted from dc2010:

It was listed this morning for 125.00, in NC , I didn't bid due to distance, seller must've cancelled the listing, you can do that if there are no bids

I forgot about being able to cancel is there were no bids. I wonder if someone local to him was able to make contact with out Ebay finding out?

I you are careful you can make contact outside of Ebay; I did it one time.

#14196 4 years ago

#little-chief

for sale here....bg looks roached....cab looks weathered....

https://www.estatesales.net/CA/Los-Angeles/90032/2358399

#14197 4 years ago
Quoted from pinostalgia:

pecos took off in a flash

Four Months Ago:

I dashed for the cash but seller and I clashed so, no Flash.

Take it from me, don't start Dr. Seussing your sentences. Your brain will turn to mush.

Quoted from dc2010:

So....I feel like a part of the story is missing.....like the part RIGHT before the ending

Quoted from cottonm4:

The rest of the story, please. Is this the same Flash with the flaky seller? Or is it a different Flash?

And now, the rest of the story.

FLASH!!!

Ever since I got a Black Knight in Prescott, Arizona, I have been on the hunt for the other three of the 'Fantastic Four', Flash, Gorgar and Firepower. I found a Firepower here in Tucson and a Gorgar in Mesa.

Flash, what I thought would be the easiest of the four to find, eluded me - until today! I had a chance to get one in Phoenix, but the seller got all Squirrely on me.

The 'Fantastic Four' pinball machines, all manufactured by Williams, changed forever how pinball machines would be designed and built. Flash introduced some cool brushed aluminum ball guides by the flippers along with some awesome sound effects and light show. From IPDB: "'Flash' was the first game from any manufacturer to have a dynamic background sound during gameplay. It is also the first game from any manufacturer to use Flash Lamps, which provide a temporary burst of flashing light intended primarily for the sake of its visual effect, in contrast to the usual playfield lamps that either provide constant general illumination or turn on and off only as indicators of specific playfield objectives or their point values." It just felt like a next generation pinball machine.

Gorgar came along next and added speech to make pinball a more personal experience.

Then came the blockbuster Firepower. It introduced lane change and was the first solid state multi-ball pin. It was also the first game to have animated displays when multi-ball started.

Finally, but not lastly, Black Knight was the first solid state pinball machine with two levels and was the first pinball to use Magna-Save. A new concept, bonus ball, added a timed extra ball to the player with the highest score when two or more players played at the same time.

I will be routing these games and would love to see them all together at one location. I will be working on that.

I want to thank my Tucson Video Arcade guy for getting this Flash for me. When I was there last week picking up 8 Ball and Surfers we ended up talking about the 'Fantastic Four' and how I only needed Flash to complete the set. He said he knew where one was. I didn't want to get my hopes up after missing out on other opportunities that left me empty-handed. He texted me on the day after my birthday that he had the Flash in his shop. The pictures showed a nice looking machine and the price was more than reasonable. Included in the deal were some stencils for Flash and Supersonic, a box full of boards and a transformer. He brought the machine back from Sierra Vista for me and I picked it up today. I was stunned and shocked when I saw the condition of the playfield. It looks brand new! The drop targets even had brand new looking decals.
After such a long time waiting for Flash and a pick-upous-interruptous along the way, I couldn't be happier! Thank You Tucson Video Arcade Guy!! I told him that this is the best birthday present that I had ever gotten - and it is!!

[pics removed] You can view them here - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-machine-did-you-bring-home-today-post-your-pictures/page/272#post-5210875

The Fantastic Four Williams pinball machines have a very special place in my pinball heart. They were a ton of fun to play. They were also the last pins I played on location until just a few years ago. I remember each one fondly and feel honored to have all four in my collection. I am pleased and excited to be able to share these Fantastic Four with other Tucsonans awaiting to have wonderful memories of them added to their life experiences.

Someone please pinch me so I can tell that this is not a dream!

Good Day!!

#14198 4 years ago
Quoted from dc2010:

So how did the sale end up happening Pecos? Did he contact you and accept your offer?

Edit- I didn't see you posted the rest of the story above.

#14199 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I forgot about being able to cancel is there were no bids. I wonder if someone local to him was able to make contact with out Ebay finding out?
I you are careful you can make contact outside of Ebay; I did it one time.

I watch eBay like a hawk at certain times of the day, there's deals made that unless it's you , won't ever know happened, 2 weeks ago I snagged both (consecutive days) a SOF, and a Fish Tales, quite happy with both!

I think it's a near lock a local knew the guy called said I'll give you X dollars right now to cancel your ads...

#14200 4 years ago

Also, I received a reply for the comet at the estate sale tomorrow, they want 1000.00 for the weather beaten pin

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 44.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 169.00
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 69.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Kettering, OH
There are 26,067 posts in this topic. You are on page 284 of 522.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/post-project-pins-for-sale-here-cl-ebay-pinside-and-others/page/284 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.