IMG_0166 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0108 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0145 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
427544480_438001162096613_4726558780365908600_n (resized).jpg
432351887_946619277018071_8910572839030189925_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 26,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 278 of 522.
#13851 4 years ago

#rollercoaster-tycoon
#star-wars-episode-i

for sale here

https://www.estatesales.net/IL/Lake-Forest/60045/2341722

#13852 4 years ago

#grand-prix-williams for sale here

https://www.estatesales.net/TX/Tyler/75707/2337186

Me:also for sale a notoriously finicky Atari Pole Position arcade game.

#13854 4 years ago

With these estate sales, do you just show up and "get in line"? Is it an auction format? It it like a glorified garage sale? How does it work?

#13856 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

With these estate sales, do you just show up and "get in line"? Is it an auction format? It it like a glorified garage sale? How does it work?

The as will say if it’s an auction or an estate sale. If the ad says they won’t give out prices prior to the sale don’t bother asking them. If it doesn’t say anything reach out to them.

Usually they’re really overpriced, but not always. Yes you have to show up and get in line. I suggest arriving an hour early. Some estate sales sell things half off the last day. If you feel that it’s overpriced the first day, show up early the last day and be the first one in line

#13857 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Each one is different. Most will not pre-sale but occasionally some do. They want you to come to the sale. I recommend getting there early to be first in line, especially if its a title you really want. Sometimes you can negotiate the price on the first day.....most wont reduce the price until the second day-although most pins don't last until the second day.

#13858 4 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Each one is different. Most will not pre-sale but occasionally some do. They want you to come to the sale. I recommend getting there early to be first in line, especially if its a title you really want. Sometimes you can negotiate the price on the first day.....most wont reduce the price until the second day-although most pins don't last until the second day.

That's been my experience with estate sales....Most are "tag" sales, not auctions. They put an appraised value, and it's up to you whether you want to pay it, or negotiate it. Most times, they are reluctant to negotiate the first day, thinking that some sucker will come in and pay their inflated price. I went to one that had a Lost World in a third floor attic. It looked like it had been there since the house was built. The boards were corroded, had mice droppings in it, obviously it didn't boot. They had something around $1200 on it. I told them it was worth $200 at most, probably less since you had to navigate walk up attic stairs. I left, and they called me back that evening said I could have it for $200. I passed, thinking it wasn't worth my back.

#13859 4 years ago

Good to know. Most of the ones posted here haven't been close enough to warrant the drive to wait in line and not know what the price is. If it were an hour or less away, yeah maybe, for a title I really wanted, but anything more than that would be wasted time, especially based off of what you guys have said. Thanks!

#13860 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Good to know. Most of the ones posted here haven't been close enough to warrant the drive to wait in line and not know what the price is. If it were an hour or less away, yeah maybe, for a title I really wanted, but anything more than that would be wasted time, especially base off of what you guys have said. Thanks!

I like that John , Robert and others post all, I got Pinbot by driving 4hrs to an estate sale, the owner even texted me last week to give me a heads up on an upcoming sale(Williams Darling Houston TX)

#13861 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Good to know. Most of the ones posted here haven't been close enough to warrant the drive to wait in line and not know what the price is. If it were an hour or less away, yeah maybe, for a title I really wanted, but anything more than that would be wasted time, especially base off of what you guys have said. Thanks!

Yeah, I got my first pin at an estate auction about an hour from here. It was worth it. There were two other pins there that went for much less. (the Countdown with a see-thru backglass and new NiWumph board went for $150 right after I bought Firepower 2 for $650...I don't recall what King Kool went for--all were projects).

I'm interested in that Comet a couple of hours from here...could go for peanuts or it could be sold prior to the sale. It could really go either way. I've sent a request for better pics and additional info, citing the drive. Haven't heard back and don't think I will.

I think the trick with estate sales/auctions is to have the sale be rural.
If it isn't a hassle to show up, then several pinheads will pop in to see what's up.

#13862 4 years ago
Quoted from ss-pinball:

Yeah, I got my first pin at an estate auction about an hour from here. It was worth it. There were two other pins there that went for much less. (the Countdown with a see-thru backglass and new NiWumph board went for $150 right after I bought Firepower 2 for $650...I don't recall what King Kool went for--all were projects).
I'm interested in that Comet a couple of hours from here...could go for peanuts or it could be sold prior to the sale. It could really go either way. I've sent a request for better pics and additional info, citing the drive. Haven't heard back and don't think I will.
I think the trick with estate sales/auctions is to have the sale be rural.
If it isn't a hassle to show up, then several pinheads will pop in to see what's up.

I bet you do get a reply....ive only have a few estate sales where they didn't respond to a request for more/better pics....after all-if they want to sell their merchandise, they should communicate with a potential buyer.

#13863 4 years ago

<rant>

I don't mind missing out on cheap projects but it irks me when someone with no interest in pinball buys a project just because its cheap only to turn around and immediately relist it for over 3x what he paid IN THE SAME GROUP HE BOUGHT IT FROM. I mean at least clean it up a little or wait a week or two.

</rant>

Pinball Flippers (resized).jpgPinball Flippers (resized).jpg
#13864 4 years ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

&lt;rant&gt;
I don't mind missing out on cheap projects but it irks me when someone with no interest in pinball buys a project just because its cheap only to turn around and immediately relist it for over 3x what he paid IN THE SAME GROUP HE BOUGHT IT FROM. I mean at least clean it up a little or wait a week or two.
&lt;/rant&gt;[quoted image]

The world is full of dicks.

#13865 4 years ago
Quoted from ss-pinball:

The world is full of dicks.

Points for not using pictures from the first ad though, props for that.

#13868 4 years ago
Quoted from ss-pinball:

I'm interested in that Comet a couple of hours from here...could go for peanuts or it could be sold prior to the sale. It could really go either way. I've sent a request for better pics and additional info, citing the drive. Haven't heard back and don't think I will

Call back and ask what the asking price is. They won't know how to take good pictures, plus they'll be busy getting things ready for the sale so they won't have time to call everyone back. Leave a brief and friendly message like "Hi my name is John, I collect pinball machines and I see that you have a Comet pinball machine for sale. I see that it isn't turned on in the pictures. Is it currently working and have you set a price yet? I ask because your quite a distance from me. If you share your asking price, and I'm not interested, I can share with other collectors that I know in the area."

I've found that usually the estate people won't set prices until a couple of days before a show. By calling and being friendly and easy to deal with you'll have more success. That's how I talked the estate seller down $400 from her asking price on Robo-War.

#13869 4 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Call back and ask what the asking price is. They won't know how to take good pictures, plus they'll be busy getting things ready for the sale so they won't have time to call everyone back. Leave a brief and friendly message like "Hi my name is John, I collect pinball machines and I see that you have a Comet pinball machine for sale. I see that it isn't turned on in the pictures. Is it currently working and have you set a price yet? I ask because your quite a distance from me. If you share your asking price, and I'm not interested, I can share with other collectors that I know in the area."
I've found that usually the estate people won't set prices until a couple of days before a show. By calling and being friendly and easy to deal with you'll have more success. That's how I talked the estate seller down $400 from her asking price on Robo-War.

Yep- kill 'em with kindness!

#13870 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

The seller sets the rules. Around here they do a lot of 3-day sales.

On day 1 the prices are up there to tray and catch the gotta-have-crowd. On day 2 the prices for what is left may be marked down 30% or 50%. On day 3 another mark down happens.

If you really want something be there early and stand in line. Then be ready to pay up if you just have to have it. Or take your chance and wait for day 2.

I went and looked at a Farfalla for someone who contacted me. I was the 2nd person in the door. As I was looking the pin over for flaws to advise my buyer about, the seller walked up to the pin and pulled the price tag from under my nose, saying “this pin is sold.”

A kid had driven 80 miles to BUY this pin. And while I am looking it over, he is telling the seller that he is ready to pay Day 1 asking price.

#13871 4 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Yep- kill 'em with kindness!

Exactly. They get a lot of calls and emails prior to the estate sale, and they can't get back to everyone. Letting them know that you're a collector let's them know that you're serious and not a lookie loo.

When I was in college you mailed in your class requests, and filled out the hours that you weren't available to take classes on a form. I was assigned all of my classes for the afternoon, when I would be at work. They had add/drop days where you showed up at a prearranged date and time and could change your schedule. I was given a date and time late in the third week. I showed up on the second day of the first week and approached the security guy that checks your appointment before letting you in. I said "I know that I'm not supposed to be here for another two weeks, but someone assigned all of my classes for the times that I blocked out for my job. By the time that my assigned time to be here arrives all of the classes that I need to graduate will be gone. I'd really appreciate your help." The security guard said he would take a break and that I could enter after he left. Same thing with the clerk at the window. I apologized for being there early, asked for forgiveness and help, and got what I wanted.

#13872 4 years ago

I am selling a working project Williams comet for 1000.
Pros: works, lights up, and plays fine. Very nice Playfield
Cons: it has the wrong backglass. The lower right display isn't fully functioning(i will play with it and see if I can get it fully working, however)

Pm for pics.

#13873 4 years ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

&lt;rant&gt;

Not my style but nobody is forcing anyone to buy/sell. It's a matter of perspective. What's the difference between this and any stock or commodity? This is still America last I checked. The "flipper" is still taking a risk and having to manage the transaction. More power to him/her I say.

#13874 4 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

The "flipper" is still taking a risk and having to manage the transaction. More power to him/her I say.

#13875 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Cons: it has the wrong backglass. The lower right display isn't fully functioning(i will play with it and see if I can get it fully working, however)
Pm for pics.

If we were closer I'd consider that. For a Comet I'm willing to spend 4 hours driving with my buddy and $40 in gas. Not on my must have list but on the "ok, it's fun. I'll do that if it is cheap enough" list.

I am however adjusting my road trip/willingness to ship for a handful of grail pins though. (Of course the minute you commit to one and $200 in shipping costs, a nicer one just down the street will pop up for less money).

#13876 4 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

Not my style but nobody is forcing anyone to buy/sell. It's a matter of perspective. What's the difference between this and any stock or commodity? This is still America last I checked. The "flipper" is still taking a risk and having to manage the transaction. More power to him/her I say.

Yeah but no doubt the flipper tried to talk the seller down on price before he immediately turned around and listed it for 3x.

#13877 4 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Yeah but no doubt the flipper tried to talk the seller down on price before he immediately turned around and listed it for 3x.

People will also try to talk the "flipper" down from his asking price. I don't agree with doing shit like this but as long as there are people with some time and money to do it things will never change. There are "flippers" in every hobby and that is just the facts of life.

Everyone is looking to make a buck and you can't fault people for that. When you go to work you expect to get paid! A 'flippers" work is buying & flipping stuff and they want to get paid for that effort also. On the other had buying something on a site then listing it for 3 times as much on the same site a day later just shows no class. At least wait a week or two and list it on a different venue!

Hopefully anyone who realizes what happened will just pass him by and he will have his money tied up for a while. Then he might think twice about doing it again but typically those guys always seem to make out somehow?

#13878 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Pm for pics.

Was that the One that had I think a Buck Rogers backglass? I saw that I think the even had it listed as the backglass title.

#13879 4 years ago

Manufacturer: Williams
Game/Type: #star-pool-williams / EM 4 player
Month/Year: Dec 1974
Production: 6,950
Cost: $400
Link/Contact: atlanta.craigslist.org link

OP:
1974 Williams Pinball Machine. Star Pool. We bought this machine and it worked. I cleaned the contacts up and it hasn’t worked since. All light bulbs were replaced, new balls, new rubber bumpers. The machine was tuned up but I can’t figure out what is wrong. Game will not reset so you cannot play. Please look at photos closely. Glass is cracked. Call or text Audra.

#13880 4 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

Quoted from dothedoo:

Quoted from too-many-pins:

People will also try to talk the "flipper" down from his asking price. I don't agree with doing shit like this but as long as there are people with some time and money to do it things will never change. There are "flippers" in every hobby and that is just the facts of life.
Everyone is looking to make a buck and you can't fault people for that. When you go to work you expect to get paid! A 'flippers" work is buying &amp; flipping stuff and they want to get paid for that effort also. On the other had buying something on a site then listing it for 3 times as much on the same site a day later just shows no class. At least wait a week or two and list it on a different venue!
Hopefully anyone who realizes what happened will just pass him by and he will have his money tied up for a while. Then he might think twice about doing it again but typically those guys always seem to make out somehow?

I always thought this sentiment was amusing. People act like it is bad to re-sell a pinball. Essentially everything you have ever bought in your life has been "flipped."

What's the criteria? They sold it too quick? They made too much profit? They didn't fix it up enough???
People do these things everyday to every product we have all ever purchased. What do you think Walmart and Amazon do??? Heck... eBay made a fortune on other people doing it for them!!

#13881 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I always thought this sentiment was amusing. People act like it is bad to re-sell a pinball. Essentially everything you have ever bought in your life has been "flipped."
What's the criteria? They sold it too quick? They made too much profit? They didn't fix it up enough???
People do these things everyday to every product we have all ever purchased. What do you think Walmart and Amazon do??? Heck... eBay made a fortune on other people doing it for them!!

The issue that with any cheap pin ad, there are a dozen people lined up for it, and most of those probably just want to fix it up and add it to their collection.

Instead, a flipper sometimes gets in line first for the game and grabs it, does nothing to add value to the game, and just jacks up the price just for the sake of making a buck. It does nothing for the game, nor anything for the pinball community.

Retailers have a supply chain of goods, so that's not really an apples to apples comparison.

#13882 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

The issue that with any cheap pin ad, there are a dozen people lined up for it, and most of those probably just want to fix it up and add it to their collection.
Instead, a flipper sometimes gets in line first for the game and grabs it, does nothing to add value to the game, and just jacks up the price just for the sake of making a buck. It does nothing for the game, nor anything for the pinball community.
Retailers have a supply chain of goods, so that's not really an apples to apples comparison.

If a flipper is front of me in line, yeah it sucks, but it doesn't really bother me.

It's when you've got a deal agreed on, drive a few hours to get there, show up at the agreed time and place, and the seller says "Somebody else came and offered me more money to sell to them instead".

Apparently there's a guy in the Minneapolis to Omaha area that's notorious for making huge offers on things to keep machines from selling, never shows up, and then at some future point in time contacts the now-desperate seller with an offer below the original asking price. Those are the guys that piss me off.

-Hans

#13883 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Quoted from ForceFlow:

I have to agree with Daditude. What is the criteria used to determine whether or not to get out the long knives?

Seems to me this type of venom for a flipper mostly happens when a seller underprices the pin and the flipper gets there first and locks the deal before the price sharks can get there and scoop the deal for themselves.

#13885 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I have to agree with Daditude. What is the criteria used to determine whether or not to get out the long knives?
Seems to me this type of venom for a flipper mostly happens when a seller underprices the pin and the flipper gets there first and locks the deal before the price sharks can get there and scoop the deal for themselves.

I'm dig reselling items and all that but I am someone who hates to see any pinball machine tucked away and not in use. I don't even store extras machines I have, I just hate to see a machine not get played. When people descended on Toys R Us when everything was 75-90% off the following summer most of the yard sales in my area had a table of those items which was fine, buying and selling items which are abundant or mass produced is cool. Pinball machines have a finite number and, honestly, buying that machine that is in rough shape and needs a ton of work and charging a price that you would sell a fully working copy of it for just means it is going to sit for a long time. I would 100% rather it went to someone who would bring it back to life and put it back into the world to be enjoyed.

Anyways, BACK TO THE PROJECT MACHINE LISTINGS!

#13886 4 years ago

Tried to find a good listing to show, but all I could find was an overpriced superman on ebay.

ebay.com link: itm

#13887 4 years ago

The play field glass looks a little dirty, but under that glass I think I am seeing a real nice play field. The bingo cards look like they are in great shape.

#13888 4 years ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

I'm dig reselling items and all that but I am someone who hates to see any pinball machine tucked away and not in use. I don't even store extras machines I have, I just hate to see a machine not get played. When people descended on Toys R Us when everything was 75-90% off the following summer most of the yard sales in my area had a table of those items which was fine, buying and selling items which are abundant or mass produced is cool. Pinball machines have a finite number and, honestly, buying that machine that is in rough shape and needs a ton of work and charging a price that you would sell a fully working copy of it for just means it is going to sit for a long time. I would 100% rather it went to someone who would bring it back to life and put it back into the world to be enjoyed.
Anyways, BACK TO THE PROJECT MACHINE LISTINGS!

content://media/external/file/9102
Facebook marketplace
Topeka, KS
Lethal weapon 3 - 1450obo
Me: not a project, but looks like a heck of a deal!

Screenshot_2019-09-06-12-52-23 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-09-06-12-52-23 (resized).png
#13889 4 years ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

I am someone who hates to see any pinball machine tucked away and not in use. I don't even store extras machines I have, I just hate to see a machine not get played.

I have a friend who has dozens and dozens of pinballs just folded up and wrapped. They haven't been played in many years. These are all highly sought after pins, by the way.

I have asked him for years to sell me a few or just let me help him sell them, but he won't budge. It is a genuine TREASURE TROVE. If I ever get him to clear it, it will be a miraculous day for this forum!

#13890 4 years ago

I’d love to go for that big game at the estate sale but there is literally no way for etc drive to Colorado and back in time

#13891 4 years ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

&lt;rant&gt;

On CL now.

westernmass.craigslist.org link

Boring title and a mouse hotel for good measure? Not touch that with a 10 foot pole. $150 sounds about right.

airport (resized).jpgairport (resized).jpg
#13892 4 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

On CL now.
Boring title and a mouse hotel for good measure? Not touch that with a 10 foot pole. $150 sounds about right.[quoted image]

Yeah but it says right in the ad that one sold for 3900 recently! Must be worth it then!

#13893 4 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

On CL now.
Boring title and a mouse hotel for good measure? Not touch that with a 10 foot pole. $150 sounds about right.[quoted image]

But it says “minor” restoration!

#13894 4 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

But it says “minor” restoration!

Well they should get right on it so they can collect $3900

#13895 4 years ago

And on Facebook Marketplace too. Here's your flipper.IMG_2315 (resized).PNGIMG_2315 (resized).PNGIMG_2316 (resized).PNGIMG_2316 (resized).PNG

#13896 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

And on Facebook Marketplace too. Here's your flipper.[quoted image][quoted image]

From the photos on CL it looks like it is at a flea market location in a tent.

#13897 4 years ago

Nifty
Williams Woodrail EM
$300
South Kingstown, RI
providence.craigslist.org link

OP: A vintage collectors pinball machine.

Williams model "Nifty" circa 1955\\

Electromechanical, in good condition. Back panel mint, all new rubbers.

Start up sequence needs troubleshooting. Otherwise was in good working condition.

Cash pickup only.

Note: Backglass looks really solid, playfield has very little wear.

Nifty (resized).jpgNifty (resized).jpg
#13898 4 years ago

Not my listing. Thought I would share.

cosprings.craigslist.org link

D0940DA8-60D7-46D2-A614-4663EE171FB1 (resized).pngD0940DA8-60D7-46D2-A614-4663EE171FB1 (resized).png
#13900 4 years ago
Quoted from pinwhoo:

Maybe it's in better shape than the pics show.

Are games ever in BETTER shape than the pics show? This has not been my experience. lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 169.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
$ 44.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Boards
Troxel Repair

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
Machine - For Sale
Ottawa, ON
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

There are 26,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 278 of 522.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/post-project-pins-for-sale-here-cl-ebay-pinside-and-others/page/278 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.