431614063_7188125154641704_8537065374982863412_n (resized).jpg
IMG_2403 (resized).png
pin (resized).jpg
ww (resized).JPG
ww2 (resized).JPG
nne (resized).JPG
19E4C046-C05E-4FCA-8A51-3A8A22907BCD (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 25,995 posts in this topic. You are on page 277 of 520.
#13801 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

You guys don't keep up with prices, do you? Lol. That is a $4,000 Jurassic park in today's market.

I don't think $4k is not the market price for that title. I've seen a few people listing it for for that price, but I doubt they actually sold. Just because it's listed for a certain price, doesn't mean someone will actually pay that.

High 2's or low-3's depending on condition. Sometimes mid-3's if it's something exceptional. I almost had one last year for $1900 that needed some work, but I was already hauling something and couldn't grab it.

#13802 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I don't think $4k is not the market price for that title. I've seen a few people listing it for for that price, but I doubt they actually sold. Just because it's listed for a certain price, doesn't mean someone will actually pay that.
High 2's or low-3's depending on condition. Sometimes mid-3's if it's something exceptional. I almost had one last year for $1900 that needed some work, but I was already hauling something and couldn't grab it.

I traded mine for demolition man and made an excellent choice in doing so... I find the game to be kind of ehhhhh.

#13803 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

You guys don't keep up with prices, do you? Lol. That is a $4,000 Jurassic park in today's market.

I do, but hadn't seen any actually *selling* for that much. Add to that the hype that was around the machine the months prior to the release of the new Stern JP, and I think this one has lost some steam.

#13804 4 years ago

This thread is kind of getting derailed! Please keep it to "project machines" - not fully working machines. Also if you want to waste time debating value this isn't the place for that either. Not my rules but that is what OP asked for the other day when someone posted one of Clay's machines that was fully working and for sale at a decent price.

#13805 4 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-tee-d-off-10

I’m looking to trade this tee’d off project. It has no control lamps. I’m not much of a Gottlieb guy and am pretty stuck on it so looking to swap it for a project that I’m more familiar with working on.

#13806 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Dont know why, but I read that as "except someone peeing on the art on one side of the cabinet"...reminded of my cftbl that I bought that had cats living in it.

Ewwwww

#13807 4 years ago
Quoted from Billc479:

Just a follow up on the auction I mentioned. Congrats to a fellow pinsider who got Twilight Zone for $6500 - it was immaculate. Supposedly HUO, but since it was missing the power ball, I wonder. However, that being said, it looked like HUO. I've attached a pic of the ball shooter lane and part of the playfield.
The cocktail pin was a Circa 1933, and was advertised as non working during the auction. It had a broken plastic, and everything had double rings that were showing a lot of age. It will probably clean up well, but its still a cocktail pin. It went for $150.
PS - I now know that there are other threads for non project machines that i will use in the future, however, I wanted to finish this out since I had put the auction in this string.[quoted image][quoted image]

I appreciated the heads up on that Bill (even if I didn't win the bidding)! It was nice to meet you at the auction as well.

What thread is best for tracking actions like that? It seems like estate sales come up on this one all the time.

#13808 4 years ago
Quoted from HHaase:

Lady Luck minor project for $600 in Fargo.
Looks to be in decent shape too, except some peeling art on one side of the cabinet.
fargo.craigslist.org link
-Hans

Makes me feel much better for buying mine today for $400

#13809 4 years ago
Quoted from tbaum:

I appreciated the heads up on that Bill (even if I didn't win the bidding)! It was nice to meet you at the auction as well.
What thread is best for tracking actions like that? It seems like estate sales come up on this one all the time.

This thread is mainly for known non working or semi working pins, estate sales are always a crapshoot, but if it's obviously a very nice pin(especially an A list PIN) this isn't the place for it, I'm not sure if there is a thread specifically for nice machines at local/online (non eBay) auctions

#13810 4 years ago

I didn't look at Pinside for nine hours this afternoon.* I read 14 posts in this forum and I thought Oh no, I'm missing out on some great deal that everyone is drooling over. Instead zero project pins were posted, talk about a pin found at an estate sale, DE Jurassic park prices, etc.

Let's try to remember the intent of this forum:
Posting project pins that we found so that others can find a good deal, and help get more pins back into playable shape which helps our hobby.
Post fully working pins that are at a great price. Ex; You find a playable but un-shopped Meteor in really nice cosmetic shape for $600. We can debate the actual value (please don't), but let's agree that's a great deal.
If you see a pin with a problem that was posted in this forum, that may not be that noticeable to everyone else, point it out.
If you think a project pin is a great deal tell everyone.
If you think it's a scam, please share and help educate the rest of us as to why.
If you see a pin for sale at an estate sale or auction, post it here. We don't care the condition. Estate sales are a crap shoot, sometime people get huo pins for a fraction of it's value, other times they want crazy money. I bought a fully working pin for less than half it's value at an estate sale. Someone else posted it in this forum @nascarrey .
If you buy something because you read about it here first, tell us.

I've posted a lot of pins in this forum, but no I'm not the Op and no I'm not in charge. I just think if we remember why @pecos started this forum, we can keep that original intent going; helping people find good deals on pins, and getting more pins up and running and back into circulation with collectors.

*Yes it is possible, and no......you won't die trying.

#13811 4 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-tee-d-off-10
I’m looking to trade this tee’d off project. It has no control lamps. I’m not much of a Gottlieb guy and am pretty stuck on it so looking to swap it for a project that I’m more familiar with working on.

Sent you a PM

#13812 4 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Since you all like to know, thanks to this thread I did get this:

Quoted from bluespin:

A working pinball machine and a Millipede arcade for $500 (one price!)
Manufacturer: Gottlieb
Game/Type: Super Orbit / SS
Year: May 1983
Production: 2,100
Cost: $500 for both(!)

The Super Orbit needed the ground mods and the vari-target required adjustment but overall the game was working. Cosmetically it was decent (some wear/planking at the lower third of the playfield; one scratch in the backglass). I'd never seen one before but it's fun; I plan to bring it to an area show later this year so others can try it out.

The Millipede had no issues and there was an area collector who wanted it so we did a straight trade for his Buck Rogers pinball machine.

So, thanks for posting this one!

#13813 4 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

newyork.craigslist.org link
Wow only $222?!? Looks like it will clean up nice!

Well, if you can't sell it for $222, raise the price to $248 I guess, , ,
This machine is now at a new higher price.

#13814 4 years ago
Quoted from DennisK:

Since you all like to know, thanks to this thread I did get this:

The Super Orbit needed the ground mods and the vari-target required adjustment but overall the game was working. Cosmetically it was decent (some wear/planking at the lower third of the playfield; one scratch in the backglass). I'd never seen one before but it's fun; I plan to bring it to an area show later this year so others can try it out.
The Millipede had no issues and there was an area collector who wanted it so we did a straight trade for his Buck Rogers pinball machine.
So, thanks for posting this one!

You’re welcome. It was such a good deal I actually considered driving out from Georgia to buy it as I really like Super Orbit.

#13815 4 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Well, if you can't sell it for $222, raise the price to $248 I guess, , ,
This machine is now at a new higher price.

It has been posted @ $333,$222,$275,$248 all within a day or so. I sent them a text and tried to bait them to see if it would change again and I got this. Someone go get it before it’s gone.Unless someone wants to do me a solid
14072456-DF64-4BB1-BE2F-BDCA132A05AB (resized).jpeg14072456-DF64-4BB1-BE2F-BDCA132A05AB (resized).jpeg

#13816 4 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

I just watched a Surf N Safari with dead flippers go for $200. If I hadn't had to work today, I would have been busting my ass to get to it. Alas, I was 2nd in line. :/

Wow must have missed that one,was it on bay area craigslist?

#13817 4 years ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

It has been posted @ $333,$222,$275,$248 all within a day or so. I sent them a text and tried to bait them to see if it would change again and I got this. Someone go get it before it’s gone.Unless someone wants to do me a solid
[quoted image]

Lol that’s a Mr. Beast moment. (For the old coots: rich guy on YouTube famous because he gives away $10k in every video for random reasons) his latest upload he bought a dozen cars and gave them away for free. He had a sticker of $200 on one car someone walked up and said “are you for real??” And he said “okay okay you drive a hard bargain, I’ll go as low as free”

Thought it was humorous.

#13818 4 years ago

Manufacturer: Stern
Game/Type: Ripley's Believe It or Not! / SS
Month/Year: March 2004
Cost: $2800
Seller: Lawrence Marshall
Link/Contact: kansascity.craigslist.org link
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/426083811600189/

OP: Have a ton of projects so I thought I would offer this up. Playfield will clean up nicely,scoop wear will hide under a cliffy. Have not gone through this extensively, but from what I have seen dmd is good, sound works, coils fire although high power feel a bit weak, lamp matrix works, switch matrix works although I did not go through everything, temple leds work. Will obviously need shopped. Not interested in any other trades except those listed.

Price 2800
Location Kansas City MO
Trade interests:
Namco Cool Gunman, Namco Quick N Crash, Data East Slapshot

Me: Gonna need some lollipop rails and some new ramps flaps.

#13819 4 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/84232

$400 project World Cup here on Pinside a few hours ago. Looks like a pretty nice machine for the money if you don't mind the theme.

#13820 4 years ago
Quoted from pinostalgia:

Wow must have missed that one,was it on bay area craigslist?

Yeah, popped up, I responded within a few minutes and was the 2nd in line. First guy was already on the way there. I think it was up north around Santa Rosa. Can't remember the exact city now.

#13821 4 years ago

~~~~~Mr. Pinball Classifieds~~~~~

Manufacturer: Segasa/Sonic
Game/Type: Super Straight / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: May 1977
Production: Unknown
Cost: $125

OP: This machine needs work. Playfield and backglass are in good shape. Body of the machine is in rougher shape and needs restoration and cleaning. It hasn't been played in a very long time, so most contacts need cleaning. The motor does work. I have a pack of replacement rubber rings that go with the machine and a reprint of the instruction book and circuit schematics. The machine needs someone who can bring it back to life, or, who wants to use it for parts. It is being sold as is. Pickup only. Pictures available.

#13822 4 years ago

Manufacturer: Bally
Game/Type: Attack from Mars
Month/Year: December 1995
Production: 3,450 units
Cost: $4500

OP: I bought this machine 2 years ago in the same condition in it is now. It is in need of some work. As far as I know, every thing works on the machine except for one string of GI in the backbox. The cabinet has a decent size hole in the left side. Would be great for a project work.

#13823 4 years ago

Game/Type: The Shadow
Month/Year: November 1994
Production: 4,247 units
Cost: $1700

OP: In a project condition, not much work needed. I did a light clean on the playfield, just to clean up the main playfield dirt. Battlefield paddle is not pushing ball, left phurba is broken in the blade area, no sound.

#13824 4 years ago

Manufacturer: Chicago Coin
Game/Type: Hi-Score Pool / EM
Year: August 1971
Cost: $395 obo
Pinsider: dppe
Contact/Link: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/84326

#13825 4 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

OP: In a project condition, not much work needed. I did a light clean on the playfield, just to clean up the main playfield dirt. Battlefield paddle is not pushing ball, left phurba is broken in the blade area, no sound.

Wish this was close to me......I love projects....awesome pin

#13826 4 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Would totally snatch this , but typical wish it were closer

#13828 4 years ago

#time-warp
#spanish-eyes
#summer-time
#superman

Online estate sale going on now.

https://www.estatesales.net/AZ/Maricopa/85138/2339715

Current bids are in the $26 range.....these look pretty clean and I see keys...……..

#13829 4 years ago

Near St. Louis - lousy pictures - reminds me of the old Penthouse pics where they put vasoline on the camera lenses!
stlouis.craigslist.org link

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#13831 4 years ago
Quoted from Billc479:

Near St. Louis - lousy pictures - reminds me of the old Penthouse pics where they put vasoline on the camera lenses!
stlouis.craigslist.org link[quoted image][quoted image]

$125 for an Aladdin’s Castle is a great deal

#13832 4 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Time Warp
Spanish Eyes
Summer Time
Superman
Current bids are in the $26 range.....these look pretty clean and I see keys...……..

The Superman even appears to be powered up with valid scores on the displays. Looks to be in good shape.
Best of luck folks!

-Hans

#13833 4 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

I didn't look at Pinside for nine hours this afternoon.* I read 14 posts in this forum and I thought Oh no, I'm missing out on some great deal that everyone is drooling over. Instead zero project pins were posted, talk about a pin found at an estate sale, DE Jurassic park prices, etc.
Let's try to remember the intent of this forum:
Posting project pins that we found so that others can find a good deal, and help get more pins back into playable shape which helps our hobby.
Post fully working pins that are at a great price. Ex; You find a playable but un-shopped Meteor in really nice cosmetic shape for $600. We can debate the actual value (please don't), but let's agree that's a great deal.
If you see a pin with a problem that was posted in this forum, that may not be that noticeable to everyone else, point it out.
If you think a project pin is a great deal tell everyone.
If you think it's a scam, please share and help educate the rest of us as to why.
If you see a pin for sale at an estate sale or auction, post it here. We don't care the condition. Estate sales are a crap shoot, sometime people get huo pins for a fraction of it's value, other times they want crazy money. I bought a fully working pin for less than half it's value at an estate sale. Someone else posted it in this forum @nascarrey .
I've posted a lot of pins in this forum, but no I'm not the Op and no I'm not in charge. I just think if we remember why @pecos started this forum, we can keep that original intent going; helping people find good deals on pins, and getting more pins up and running and back into circulation with collectors.
*Yes it is possible, and no......you won't die trying.

Very well put @bluespin. What machine did ya get at that estate sale?

I got my first 2 pins at an estate sale Evel Knievel Blackwater 100 back in 2017.

#13834 4 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

What machine did ya get at that estate sale?
I got my first 2 pins at an estate sale Evel Knievel Blackwater 100 back in 2017.

I bought a Robo War at estate sale that you posted in this forum. I bought a Big Game project and several playfields from robertmee this weekend. I also got to meet CollinT while I was out there.

#13835 4 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Time Warp
Spanish Eyes
Summer Time
Superman

The terms say the pictures may be stock photos and the pinballs appear to be all stock photos. As does the foosball. You can see the actual items have their auction company tag on it, and these do not, and are in all different environments. Beware!

#13836 4 years ago
Quoted from sndchaser:

The terms say the pictures may be stock photos and the pinballs appear to be all stock photos. As does the foosball. You can see the actual items have their auction company tag on it, and these do not, and are in all different environments. Beware!

So theyre selling 'un-pictured' merchandise at an auction??? Kinda hard to bid, if you cant see what youre buying!!!

#13837 4 years ago

I was searching for pins in other countries out of curiosity and got this if anyone is interested.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/527401998030695/

#13838 4 years ago

Game/Type: #incredible-hulk / SS
Month/Year: October 1979
Production: 6,150
Cost: $700
Manufacturer: Williams
Game/Type: #gold-rush-williams / EM 4 player
Year: April 1971
Cost: $350
Game/Type: Masquerade / EM 4 Player
Features: IPDB: Backbox animation (fan lowers to reveal face of "Belle of the Ball")
Month/Year: February 1966
Production: 3,662
Cost: $325
Seller: Joe P. Said
Link/Contact:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1413885755408760/permalink/1590078654456135/?sale_post_id=1590078654456135&rt=11
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Pinball4sale/permalink/2933879349972178/?sale_post_id=2933879349972178&rt=11
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Pinball4sale/permalink/2940399812653465/?sale_post_id=2940399812653465&rt=11

OP: Hulk. Playfield is amazing, backglass and cabinet are great. This game has see humidity and has some rust under the playfield. This game has no boards. Pickup in 21701, cash only.
OP: Gold Rush. Pickup in 21701, cash only.
OP: Masquerade. Decent. Haven’t turned it on. Pick up in 21701, cash only.

#13839 4 years ago

Game/Type: Mars God of War / SS
Month/Year: March 1981
Production: 5,240
Cost: $600
Seller: Brian Dendis
Link/Contact: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Pinball4sale/permalink/2928279840532129/?sale_post_id=2928279840532129&rt=11

OP: I am selling a project Mars God of War Pinball that I started on about 5 months ago and just don't have time to finish up. It needs to be restored and reassembled. The game was fully working when dismantled and all the ground mods done. I have been restoring/customizing pins for about 20 years and never tear one down until I know everything is working correctly . See pics... it has been totally dismantled... I have begun cabinet repairs, squaring up corners, edges, etc... and sanding. Needs final sanding, artwork and clear coat. Some parts have been through the polisher. It has the original inner backglass however the outer glass is a translight. I can send you instruction on how to have a nice very close to original made with vinyl.

Plan was to restore the cab, paint the base colors and airbrush then clear coat. Also considered having custom cab decals made by a guy on this group in Europe that designs custom pinball cabinet artwork. Restore the playfield and clear coat is also.

Again, this is a complete game that was fully functional when disassembled... There is only 1 light socket that needs to be replace. Let me know if you would like additional pics.

#13840 4 years ago

Game/Type: Star Action / EM AAB 1 Player
Month/Year: January 1974
Production: 1,155
Cost: $150
Seller: Amy Bose
Link/Contact: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Pinball4sale/permalink/2934498346576945/?sale_post_id=2934498346576945&rt=11

OP: Williams 1974 star action EM pinball. Project cabinet. Also is found as Triple Action. Asking what I picked it it for.

#13841 4 years ago

Game/Type: Eight Ball / SS
Year: January 1977
Production: 20,230 units
Cost: $800
Seller: Richard Cook
Link/Contact: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/363530451229460/

OP: Bally "fonzie" pinball, lights and sounds but needs a little tender loving care.

#13842 4 years ago

ESTATE SALE

Game/Type: Comet / SS
Month/Year: June 1985
Production: 8,100
Cost: ????
Link/Contact: https://www.estatesales.net/MI/Orchard-Lake/48323/2335305

DATES: FRI 09/06 - SAT 09/07

#13843 4 years ago

Manufacturer: International Concepts
Game/Type: Night Moves /SS Cocktail Pinball
Year: November 1989
Production: ????
Cost: $800 OBO
Pinsider: jeffperlin
Link/Contact: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/84353

OP: Excellent cosmetic condition. Small scuffs on lower edge of base.
Game lights up but does not boot. Needs a new MPU or repair of current one as it now has some alkaline damage to the board. Not shopped, but no broken plastics and underneath playfield looks brand new. Top of playfield looks great as well. A few inserts at top of playfield have raised slightly. Sat in my customers summer home for years. Located 25 miles West of Atlanta Georgia

#13844 4 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

So theyre selling 'un-pictured' merchandise at an auction??? Kinda hard to bid, if you cant see what youre buying!!!

I emailed them and asked if they were stock photos and they said only the Time Warp was. But Google says otherwise. Here's their Superman picture:

http://www.mopinball.com/sup/suprman.html

Summer Time 1st picture is next to other pinballs, closeup in 2nd picture is next to a plaid sofa.

I was going to bid since they're within driving range, but they seem shady and I don't want to drive hours and wind up getting termite infested garbage.

#13845 4 years ago

Well back to sales we can see pictures of the actual items being sold....

#teachers-pet for sale here

https://www.estatesales.net/FL/Oviedo/32765/2317593

#13847 4 years ago

Here's one you don't see very often. This is the same game that is shown in the IPDB.

ebay.com link: 1962 SK IL RO MANUFACTURED BY AUTO BELL NOVELTY USED

#13848 4 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

I bought a Robo War at estate sale that you posted in this forum. I bought a Big Game project and several playfields from robertmee this weekend. I also got to meet collint while I was out there.

Jealous again as I love Big Game and would love to find one. Nice pickup. Dibs?

#13849 4 years ago

Found this on letgo:
Boston, MA area

Solar Ride SS
https://letgo.onelink.me/O2PG/50373972

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 45.00
Machine - For Sale
Bellefonte, PA
There are 25,995 posts in this topic. You are on page 277 of 520.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/post-project-pins-for-sale-here-cl-ebay-pinside-and-others/page/277 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.