Topic Stats

• 13,537 posts
  • 454 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by HHaase
  • Topic is favorited by 406 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,082 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

s-l1602 (resized).jpg
s-l1600 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2019-08-17-01-53-55 (resized).png
83B4657B-56CF-421E-81C1-B14804276023 (resized).jpeg
780977D1-CCA5-4E9A-8906-1C32CC301EB3 (resized).jpeg
111101C9-A0F9-4A3A-B9C5-BBAD7BAB3BC5 (resized).jpeg
945EB39C-AE5F-43D7-9C35-83C2DC37197C (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2019-08-12 at 6.37.57 PM (resized).png
image-2 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2019-08-12-16-33-38 (resized).png
20170329_221849(1) (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2019-08-10-14-10-04 (resized).png
13A4B419-3066-4286-B478-52EBF1818392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190809_104247 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2019-08-05-17-26-57 (resized).png
Screenshot_2019-08-05-17-26-51 (resized).png

There are 13537 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 271.
#1301 3 years ago
Quoted from polyacanthus:

Not sure if this one was posted yet,
Gottlieb Skyjump $350, playfield could use some touch up
detroit.craigslist.org link

Wow! I think a retheme is in order on that one.

Must have one rusty A$$ ball in it.

#1302 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I would definitely grab that if it were closer. Right Ryan? LOL

This made my night. Reading through your post, I thought this quote, then I read it.

#1303 3 years ago

**This posting has been deleted by its author.**
Manufacturer: Gottlieb
Game/Type: Egg Head / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: December 1961
Production: 2,100
Cost: $500
Link/Contact: indianapolis.craigslist.org link

Condition: OP: "...needs some reassembly and missing some rubbers but works"

#1304 3 years ago

Manufacturer: Bally
Game/Type: Round Up / EM 2 Player
Month/Year: July 1971
Production: 70 (!!)
Link/Contact: winstonsalem.craigslist.org link

Condition: Very nice except for backglass. OP: "The back-glass has fair amount of paint loss in some areas, but the play field and cabinet are very good. Unit is set up on free play. Operation is 100%. Recently replaced all rubbers, bulbs, and install new leg levelers. Very original and clean, including front and rear keys, coin tray, and documentation (schematic and installation instructions)."

#1305 3 years ago

Game/Type: Air Aces / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: May 1974
Production: 3,085
Cost: $375
Link/Contact: charleston.craigslist.org link

Condition: OP: "It is fair condition and plays as it should, recently installed all new rubbers and bumper pads... I am moving and just don't have room for it in my new house."

#1306 3 years ago

Here's one elsewhere on Pinside - in the TPF for sale thread:

Quoted from digit:

FS: 1961 Lancers (Gottlieb) $200 obo
I have a Gottlieb 1961 Lancers project that I could bring down to TPF. I will only bring it if I get a commitment to buy ahead of time. I will be bringing one home and only room for one in truck. Hit me up for more info or pics.

Here's a link to the correct thread (where you can see a pic of the game): https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2016-texas-pinball-festival-maybe-for-sale-thread/page/9#post-3017848

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit

#1307 3 years ago

Hey gang, I had a cool idea that seems to be appropriate for this awesome thread...

I am willing to offer my services here in the Las Vegas valley, absolutely free to my fellow fans of this thread.

If you see a pin on CL, ebay etc in my area that you are seriously interested in, I will go and thoroughly check it out for you, take detailed pics and email them to you (or post them here). Keep in mind that we have a couple of notorious schmucks in CA that consistently list their ludicrously overpriced machines in CL Las Vegas, so I obviously can't go see those for you.

I can even buy and/or pick it up for you, if you pay the seller or send me the money. You can pick it up from me, or have a shipping company pick it up from me at your convenience. This will remove the issue of sellers who "want to sell locally" and wont be bothered with people who need to have the machine shipped... Not to mention all the other crap that CL sellers pull on non-local buyers mid or post deal.

There's nothing in this for me, except the chance that maybe someone in another market may do the same for me. Just a thought!

#1308 3 years ago

I have a Gulfstream I need to move, first $350 takes it. Perfect backglass, decent cab, good playfield.

#1309 3 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: 2x Sky Jump / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: May 1974
Production: 4,200
Cost: $600 For Both
Link/Contact: desmoines.craigslist.org link
Condition: OP: "One is in almost perfect condition with no wear on the playfield or flaking of the back glass. Both look excellent inside. The second machine has a little wear on the playfield and also has some water damage on the head. I am asking 600.00 for the pair and don't really want to separate. These came in a storage unit I bought with other arcade and coin op stuff and I am not really into pinball."

What do you guys think about this? Good enough deal? It's still posted. Might be fun to build a new head for the one and repaint the cabinet. I'll actually be driving to Omaha and back in a couple weeks.

#1310 3 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Hey gang, I had a cool idea that seems to be appropriate for this awesome thread...
I am willing to offer my services here in the Las Vegas valley, absolutely free to my fellow fans of this thread.
If you see a pin on CL, ebay etc in my area that you are seriously interested in, I will go and thoroughly check it out for you, take detailed pics and email them to you (or post them here). Keep in mind that we have a couple of notorious schmucks in CA that consistently list their ludicrously overpriced machines in CL Las Vegas, so I obviously can't go see those for you.
I can even buy and/or pick it up for you, if you pay the seller or send me the money. You can pick it up from me, or have a shipping company pick it up from me at your convenience. This will remove the issue of sellers who "want to sell locally" and wont be bothered with people who need to have the machine shipped... Not to mention all the other crap that CL sellers pull on non-local buyers mid or post deal.
There's nothing in this for me, except the chance that maybe someone in another market may do the same for me. Just a thought!

Nice!

Same thing on my end for most of upstate NY, as long as you've contacted the seller and they understand someone will just be coming by to take pictures and then leaving...

#1311 3 years ago
Quoted from polyacanthus:

What do you guys think about this? Good enough deal? It's still posted. Might be fun to build a new head for the one and repaint the cabinet. I'll actually be driving to Omaha and back in a couple weeks.

That sounds exactly like the two EMsinKC bought a little bit ago. Is it an older ad because Im think those are gone. Yes thats a good deal. Great game, and the one in decent shape is worth that.

#1312 3 years ago

Game/Type: Count-Down / SS 4 Player
Month/Year: May 1979
Production: 9,899
Cost: $250
Link/Contact: boston.craigslist.org link

Condition: OP: "Non working pinball machine
Everything is their, original circuit boards.
Cabinet good condition, nice colors,will clean up nice.
Playfield is good, underneath PF is clean.
Backglass is pretty bad condition."

#1313 3 years ago

Manufacturer: Williams
Game/Type: Aces and Kings / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: June 1970
Production: Unknown
Cost: $150
Link/Contact: newlondon.craigslist.org link

Condition: OP: "Good condition , play field good rubbers good
Needs adjustment .
Pics upon request
Need space want to go this week."

#1314 3 years ago

Game/Type: Night Rider / SS 4 Player
Month/Year: January
Production: 7,000
Cost: $300
Link/Contact: providence.craigslist.org link

Condition: OP: "...text me for pics works perfect hate to see it sitting around..."

#1315 3 years ago

Game/Type: Black Knight / SS 4 Player
Month/Year: November 1980
Production: 13,075
Cost: $700
Link/Contact: newhaven.craigslist.org link
Condition: OP: "...plays well, has playfield and backglass wear..."

Added over 3 years ago: **Ad not found**

#1316 3 years ago

Cost: $400
Link/Contact: dallas.craigslist.org link

Condition: Pic of backglass only! OP: "...back glass and parts machine

back glass in good shape - see photo

lower cabinet of machine water damaged, so it is a parts machine"

#1317 3 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Cost: $700
Link/Contact: " target="_blank">newhaven.craigslist.org link
Condition: OP: "...plays well, has playfield and backglass wear..."

Anyone think that's worth the $700 and a 4 hr round trip?

#1318 3 years ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

*raises hand*

2 hrs one way doesn't seem like that big of a deal. Sure there's some wear on the pf, but most of the paint is still there. Plus, $1500 seems to be the going rate for a BK these days.

DO IT!!!

#1319 3 years ago

That is a lot of wear and no picture of backglass

#1320 3 years ago

Then again, you might make a deal for the backglass in the dallas ad

#1321 3 years ago

Well lookie here. This looks like an interesting thread..

#1322 3 years ago

Welcome pinball_erie! Thanks for posting the Gulfstream. That's a game that I wouldn't mind having at that price if it were closer.

#1323 3 years ago

Welcome John_in_NC! May you live in interesting threads!

#1324 3 years ago

**Blackout, below, sold for $385**

Quoted from ryandimx:

Welcome ryandimx! Only you can be the judge of that. Black Knight is not on your wishlist? I would seriously consider it if I hadn't already found my Black Knight. They are hard to find in working condition under $800.

Added over 3 years ago: **Blackout, below, sold for $385**

#1325 3 years ago

Or you can have this one for 3x the price with a "sanded flat playfield"... dallas.craigslist.org link

"I collect pins and know the value."

The value as... firewood in Antarctica, you mean?

#1326 3 years ago

"I may consider a trade for another modern pin that is in good condition and needs no refurb."

unlike the one you want to get rid of.

"custom made decal overlay's to restore the play field to pristine condition"

an overlay would make it non-pristine

"backless looks decent but it has the typical cracks and peeling on back"

yes, typical.

" one of the gates are missing but does not impact play"

no, not at all

#1327 3 years ago

My favorite is, "The only issues are a couple bad light sockets on the sword in the middle and one of the gates are missing but does not impact play."

Then he goes on for another paragraph about how the cabinet sucks and the playfield is sanded down to wood. Nope...no issues there.

#1328 3 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Welcome ryandimx! Only you can be the judge of that. Black Knight is not on your wishlist? I would seriously consider it if I hadn't already found my Black Knight. They are hard to find in working condition under $800.

Thanks. I've been lurking here for a bit. Bk is not a must have for me. It's more of a if I find a great deal then it's one I want. Definitely on the fence because of distance. If it was only an hour I probably would have gotten it already. More nostalgia than a favorite.

#1329 3 years ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

Thanks. I've been lurking here for a bit. Bk is not a must have for me. It's more of a if I find a great deal then it's one I want. Definitely on the fence because of distance. If it was only an hour I probably would have gotten it already. More nostalgia than a favorite.

In my opinion given the wear and pictures (or lack thereof/quality) I would pass; and that's coming from someone who's less than an hour away. It's also been up for almost two weeks which raises another flag to me. Even given my new experience of hunting pins on CL I find shit is almost always worse than any description and pictures provide. Sometimes it's not the fault of the owner because they really don't know what they're dealing with and/or sometimes they flat out lie (i.e. "yeah it was working great last time it booted up"...get it home, break it down, notice after posing as The Thinker over the schematics for a few minutes that a couple re-crimped wires were swapped meaning it was impossible to have been "working great".)

#1330 3 years ago

So true!
Mike

#1331 3 years ago

Game/Type: Blackout/ SS 4 Player
Month/Year: June 1980
Production: 7,050
Cost: $385 Starting bid
Link/Contact: ebay.com link » Williams Blackout Pinball Machine

OP:Great project game. Not working- for parts or repair.
All boards are there.
Backglass is not oem , printed backing.

#1332 3 years ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

I know I'm coming in a bit late here... but yes, I would be tempted. A few months ago I made a 3.5 hour drive to pay $900 for a similar condition BK. Mine might have a bit nicer playfield, but my backglass is pretty awful.

Not saying to do it... just that I would!

#1333 3 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

I think this is a great idea. Well, at least the first part! I would be willing to check out a pinball and the seller in Tucson for one of the Pinsiders here.

I always try to bring a friend when answering a CL ad in person. It's a little extra bit of precaution and the friend can help you move the machine if you buy it on the spot.

I would suggest the when money changes hands, it's easy for someone to get burned and I wouldn't want this thread to be the cause of that. If you want to work out a deal with someone to pick up a machine for you or pick up a machine for someone else then that is obviously up to you - just be careful. You might even want to draw up a simple contract if you go that route. I know - I probably like legalese less than you. In today's society, it can't hurt as a means to protect your interests.

#1334 3 years ago

Game/Type: Dealer's Choice / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: March 1974
Production: 8,850
Cost: Auction: Sunday, March 13 @ 11:00am. Open @ 9:00am for Early Viewing
Link/Contact: flint.craigslist.org link

Condition: Appears to be in Fair to Good condition.

#1335 3 years ago

Game/Type: Captain Kidd / EM 2 Player
Month/Year: July 1960
Production: 900 (!)
Cost: $300
Link/Contact: toledo.craigslist.org link
Condition: OP: "Power turns on, but needs some work."

#1336 3 years ago

mystery six card bingo, Reading PA: reading.craigslist.org link
$175
Condition: "Back glass playfeild cabinef look good no flippers. buyer must try and get working i cant figure it out"

#1337 3 years ago

Game/Type: Disco Fever/ SS 4 Player
Month/Year: August 1978
Production: 6,006
Cost: $600
Link/Contact: dallas.craigslist.org link

Condition: Playfield?? OP: "Body is in good condition, the unit does have sound, & is playable.
This is the digital pinball machine not the old analog score type.
Is set up for testing for interested parties.

The unit is in working condition but 2 transformers do need to be replace for the disco stars to pop up. Rather than that over all it seems to be working fine. The item is still functional & is still playable as is. If you want to replace the transformers they are about 20.00 on ebay & are easy to replace.
It is an easy fix, but since I am moving I do not have time to repair it.

I have fount this system fully function selling for 2000.00 so at this price it is a great deal. Great for a man cave or game room.

This system will light up & for the most part everything does work. I also have manual, Service manuals & a new set of rubbers installed on the unit this is over 150.00 if you went to purchase this item that I am including in the selling price.

I have found this system dead no power not working, with no top glass or front disco screen for 500.00.
I have found the front glass with some scratches also for sale for 300.00 alone.

If you are just wanting to make a little extra money this item is well worth repairing & turning around & selling too."

#1338 3 years ago

**The Entertainer, below, This posting has been deleted by its author.**
Manufacturer: Chicago Coin
Game/Type: Miami / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: December 1938
Production: 515 (!)
Cost: $450 OBO
Link/Contact: inlandempire.craigslist.org link
Condition: OP: "Needs some work."

Added over 3 years ago: **The Entertainer, below, Ad not found**

Added over 3 years ago: **The Entertainer, below, Ad not found**

#1339 3 years ago
Quoted from songofsixpence:

I know I'm coming in a bit late here... but yes, I would be tempted. A few months ago I made a 3.5 hour drive to pay $900 for a similar condition BK. Mine might have a bit nicer playfield, but my backglass is pretty awful.
Not saying to do it... just that I would!

I sent an email to them this morning asking for pictures of the other games. I'd have to grab them all to make it worth it

#1340 3 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

I think this is a great idea. Well, at least the first part! I would be willing to check out a pinball and the seller in Tucson for one of the Pinsiders here.
I always try to bring a friend when answering a CL ad in person. It's a little extra bit of precaution and the friend can help you move the machine if you buy it on the spot.
I would suggest the when money changes hands, it's easy for someone to get burned and I wouldn't want this thread to be the cause of that. If you want to work out a deal with someone to pick up a machine for you or pick up a machine for someone else then that is obviously up to you - just be careful. You might even want to draw up a simple contract if you go that route. I know - I probably like legalese less than you. In today's society, it can't hurt as a means to protect your interests.

Craigslist caution is always first priority! But scammers and scumbags typically are selling high-end smaller items, so I don't worry so much in this category... But regardless, i'm always packin', legally of course!
If I was picking up a machine, I would strongly encourage the buyer to pay the seller directly, rather than give me the money. But I assume the only time anyone would ask for my help, would be to scout a game because most CL sellers seem to really suck at taking pictures!!

#1341 3 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

mystery six card bingo, Reading PA: reading.craigslist.org link
$175
Condition: "Back glass playfeild cabinef look good no flippers. buyer must try and get working i cant figure it out"

FYI, I reposted this on the "Some nice looking bingo pinballs came up on CL/Ebay" thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-bingo-pinballs-came-up-on-cl/page/3#post-3022332

#1342 3 years ago

Manufacturer: Fascination Int., Incorporated
Game/Type: The Entertainer / Solid State Electronic (SS) Cocktail Table
Month/Year: September 1977
Cost: $100
Link/Contact: houston.craigslist.org link

OP:This Roy Clark pinball machine is something my husband has had for 30 years. He used it as a kid. It now needs some work.

#1343 3 years ago

You are obviously a project pin lover because you post all of the great project pin deals you find and because of your long and continued support of the Project Pin thread and in as much as I am Grand Pooh Bah of the Project Pinball Lovers Club with the power to do so granted to me by the bestower of such lofty positions, I hereby grant you charter member status! Congratulations Captive_Ball!

#1344 3 years ago

Thank you sir, I am very honored. I have now completed the trifecta

Ironman Triathlon..........Check
100 mile trail run..........Check
Project Pin charter member status.....Check!

#1345 3 years ago

Manufacturer: Sonic
Game/Type: Faces / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: December 1976
Cost: $400
Link/Contact: slo.craigslist.org link
Condition: OP: "Decent condition. Most functions work. Easy to work on, comes with schematic. Replaced all bulbs and has new bumpers. Overall a very nice machine. Previous owner painted the exterior."

#1346 3 years ago

Game/Type: Jungle Lord / SS 4 Player
Month/Year: February 1981
Production: 6,000
Cost: $550
Link/Contact: york.craigslist.org link

Condition: No Pics! OP: "Works well...has some condition issues..."

#1347 3 years ago

**Relisted at reduced price**
Game/Type: Freedom / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: July 1976
Production: 5,080
Cost: $450 Reduced to $395 reduced to $375
Link/Contact: york.craigslist.org link
Condition: OP: "Great Color on Backglass - Play field Worn Currently not working - Power Up Problem"
Added over 3 years ago: Reduced again - now $325
york.craigslist.org link

Added over 3 years ago: **This posting has expired**

#1348 3 years ago

Game/Type: Flying Carpet / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: March 1972
Production: 3,170
Cost: $500 TNT Amusements
Link/Contact: philadelphia.craigslist.org link

Condition: OP: "...customer said it sort of works....perfect for the tinkerer or collector...looks pretty clean too!"

#1349 3 years ago

Manufacturer: Sonic
Game/Type: Mars Trek / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: August 1977
Link/Contact: philadelphia.craigslist.org link
Condition: Cosmetics look good. OP: "This pinball machine needs some refurbishing and will make a nice addition to anyones vintage collection of arcade games."

#1350 3 years ago

Game/Type: Star Pool / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: December 1974
Production: 6,950
Cost: $200
Link/Contact: jerseyshore.craigslist.org link

Condition: Project pin price. OP says: "Great Condition"

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.95
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
There are 13537 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 271.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside