IMG_0263 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0262 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0158 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0157 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0106 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0166 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0085 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 26,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 266 of 522.
#13251 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

You have not been keeping up with prices for lockdown bars and transformers. Both of which were in that pile.

I question whether you can really salvage a ton of value out of there given the work needed

#13252 4 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

I question whether you can really salvage a ton of value out of there given the work needed

People who have never parted out machines can't even begin to realize how much work is involved. Then once you get to a certain point, as far as condition goes, it just becomes a waste of time. Yes you can grab a few good parts off almost anything but sometimes it really just isn't worth the effort.

Something like that pile of junk falls into that category from what I can see with the pictures. I have "saved" a bunch of parts off some pretty rough machines but even if those were free I think I would pass on them.

#13253 4 years ago

It would have to be something I could drive across town to get. Not worth a road trip.

But this is what is happening with transformers. On Ebay, anyway.

Screen Shot 2019-08-03 at 3.34.37 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-08-03 at 3.34.37 PM (resized).png

#13254 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

It would have to be something I could drive across town to get. Not worth a road trip.

I ended up getting about $160 for mine. Don't know why, but supply and demand....

#13255 4 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

People who have never parted out machines can't even begin to realize how much work is involved. Then once you get to a certain point, as far as condition goes, it just becomes a waste of time. Yes you can grab a few good parts off almost anything but sometimes it really just isn't worth the effort.

The problem I run into is that since I treat this as a hobby, I would keep what I want/need and sell the other stuff.....but i wouldn't count my labor time into the equation. If you count your time at even $10 per hour, many projects like this would never be worth it.

#13256 4 years ago
Quoted from canoncitypb:

The problem I run into is that since I treat this as a hobby, I would keep what I want/need and sell the other stuff.....but i wouldn't count my labor time into the equation. If you count your time at even $10 per hour, many projects like this would never be worth it.

Since I semi retired a few years ago I part out machines and sell the parts on eBay trying to help people save other machines. If I was able to make $10 an hour at it I would be overjoyed but it isn't about money to me - to me it is about helping people save these great old machines.

I currently have my "parts business" up for sale not because of the lack of profits but because my "buck list of things I want to do" is a lot longer than I have years on this earth. I think someone doing things "right" could likely make $25 to $40 an hour parting out machines but it would take a decent amount of space and good organizational skills to "do it right". I have the "systems in place" to make it profitable I just don't have the time or energy to get things that organized.

#13257 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

[quoted image]

Yes, there is value. These parts/machines are not in the same cosmetic or possibly working condition as the one listed on ebay. It is not worth it to take a chance on a shorted transformer or non working board.

#13258 4 years ago

Aside from the dunderheads that like to solder over top of a transformer, most people would have to try really hard to mess one up. I have bought a few "bad" ones that were fine... Most folk do not know how to meter a transformer. Anyways, this is a small part of my stash. And if those piles of falling apart machines were near me I'd definitely go for it. Tons of salvagable stuff there.

20190803_185343 (resized).jpg20190803_185343 (resized).jpg
#13259 4 years ago

I doubt if anyone in the hobby loves saving "junk" anymore than I do and I am fairly sure there is no one else investing the time in saving junk that I invest every week. I do agree there is a good bit of value to pretty much any pile of pinball junk but at some point "junk" is junk and just isn't worth the effort.

I can tell you with 100% certainty there is over $1000 worth of parts in those two piles of junk the seller was selling. The question is would the time and effort spent on saving that stuff be better spent on parts starting out in just a little better condition.

In the end it really all depends on what value you put on your time and if you care about rust & corrosion on parts you are salvaging. It is rare for me to sell rusted up junk but I do use parts from rusted up junk to repair better assemblies.

I guess the "bottom line" at this point is someone fairly local must have seen the value in those parts because they were taken down shortly after they were posted here. I just hope the buyer takes the time to save as much as possible and doesn't just harvest the few quick & easy to grab more valuable parts and toss the rest in the trash.

#13260 4 years ago

I have a working Sharpshooter II game with a pretty heavily worn playfield - the game boots and plays but the playfield has seen better days. Any idea what it would be worth? I'm looking to unload it to make room.

#13261 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

I have a working Sharpshooter II game with a pretty heavily worn playfield - the game boots and plays but the playfield has seen better days. Any idea what it would be worth? I'm looking to unload it to make room.

$400-500 +/-? They never seem to sell for much even though it's an awesome game.

#13262 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

Sell me your Super Orbit and keep the Sharpshooter. Problem solved.

#13263 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

Can you pm me pics?

#13264 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

Quoted from Daditude:

Can you pm me pics?

For me, this machine is a perfect "keeper" in my collection. It is an awesome game, and it has very low value to anyone else, so there is no temptation to sell it. I'm not a huge fan of the artwork, so I am in the middle of a pretty interesting transformation right now.

#13265 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Can you pm me pics?

Let me see if I can dig up some pics. But here's the deal... it works and boots up - I did a bunch of board work on it and got it working well - replaced any caps, etc., but the playfield is pretty trashed, worn to the wood in the middle. The cabinet is OK. The LED displays are fine... I'd be happy to get $400 for this if anybody wants it. I figure the boards are probably worth that by themselves right?

#13266 4 years ago

#fashion-show
#strato-flite
#pioneer
#mustang-gottlieb
#jungle-princess
#solar-ride
#star-race
#split-second

Link: charlotte.craigslist.org link
Price: $3,500

OP:All 8 machines...not looking to do piece meal. All complete, no major components missing. A couple shopped, semi working the rest are untouched. Some may work, all probably require at least some adjustment.
1. GTB Fashion Show.
2. WMS Strato Flite.
3. GTB Pioneer.
4. GTB Mustang.
5. GTB Jungle Princess.
6. GTB Solar Ride.
7. GTB Star Race.
8. STN Split Second.

Must be willing to move. I'm not looking to ship, however if you have someone who can do all the work, I am open to discussion. Add $100 if we need to add labor. Email for additional condition details.

#13267 4 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

Fashion Show
Strato-Flite
Pioneer
Mustang
Jungle Princess
Solar Ride
Star Race
Split Second
OP:All 8 machines...not looking to do piece meal. All complete, no major components missing. A couple shopped, semi working the rest are untouched. Some may work, all probably require at least some adjustment.
1. GTB Fashion Show.
2. WMS Strato Flite.
3. GTB Pioneer.
4. GTB Mustang.
5. GTB Jungle Princess.
6. GTB Solar Ride.
7. GTB Star Race.
8. STN Split Second.
Must be willing to move. I'm not looking to ship, however if you have someone who can do all the work, I am open to discussion. Add $100 if we need to add labor. Email for additional condition details.

I’d be interested in the Split Second if anyone wants to buy this group of games

#13268 4 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

I’d be interested in the Split Second if anyone wants to buy this group of games

I was going to say I'd be interested in the Split Second and the Jungle Princess

#13269 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I have a buddy near me (Dallas, TX area) selling a gottlieb victory, gottlieb raven, and allied leisure star shooter for 800 total.
I have another acquaintance who has a centaur II, stern trident, and bally mata hari for 2500 total.
If anyone is interested, send me a pm and i will get their info to you.

Surprised there wasn't more discussion on this one. If I had the funding right now I'd be all over that first package.
Heck, it they end up going north, I'd be interested in the Raven for some disturbing reason.

-Hans

#13270 4 years ago

I am genuinely surprised that Centaur II / Trident / MH deal is still available. Trident is wildly underrated as a player. I've had mine for about 20 years with no intentions of ever selling it. I'd be all over it if I wasn't out of room.

The Gottlieb deal is a good one but I'm scared off by the water damage to the particle board cabs. And the fact I'm VERY out of room.

#13271 4 years ago

Manufacturer: Williams
Game/Type: Phoenix / SS 4 Player
Month/Year: November 1978
Production: 6,198
Cost: $800 obo
Pinsider: Aflacjack (Flip Side Arcade)
Link/Contact: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/83130

#13272 4 years ago

Manufacturer: Gottlieb
Game/Type: Sinbad / SS
Year: May 1978
Production: 12,950
Cost: $500 obo
Pinsider: Csulli1023
Link/Contact: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/83116

#13273 4 years ago
Quoted from HHaase:

I'd be interested in the Raven for some disturbing reason.
-Hans

That is disturbing.

#13274 4 years ago

Manufacturer: Bally
Game/Type: Bullfight / EM 1 player
Year: January 1965
Production: 825
Cost: $500 OBO
Link/Contact: jacksonville.craigslist.org link

OP: Vintage Bally "Bullfight"pinball machine.
Lights up but flippers are not working.
$500 OR best reasonable offer.

Ballypin

#13275 4 years ago

If only it were closer or a title that I am really looking for. It is a birth year pin but so is Trio and Discotek.

I for sure WOULD drive cross country for a 1963 Bally Cross Country.

#13276 4 years ago

I'm tempted on this one, but going to pass. Just east of Yellowstone National Park.

Gottlieb Rock
Williams Laser Ball
Williams Big Deal

If I read this correct, it may be $600 for all three?
Definitely projects.
billings.craigslist.org link

#13277 4 years ago

Yikes. Definitely a haul from your location to the middle of Nowhere, Wyoming.

Sure looks to be 600 for all 3. Playfields look nice and would be a heck of a deal.

#13278 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Yikes. Definitely a haul from your location to the middle of Nowhere, Wyoming.
Sure looks to be 600 for all 3. Playfields look nice and would be a heck of a deal.

LOL it's actually the money, not the time/distance, keeping me from heading out west.

Family would LOOOOOOOVE to go to Yellowstone. We are actually planning on getting out there this summer still.

-Hans

#13279 4 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

Fashion Show
Strato-Flite
Pioneer
Mustang
Jungle Princess
Solar Ride
Star Race
Split Second
1. GTB Fashion Show.
2. WMS Strato Flite.
3. GTB Pioneer.
4. GTB Mustang.
5. GTB Jungle Princess.
6. GTB Solar Ride.
7. GTB Star Race.
8. STN Split Second.

Thanks for the heads up....buddy of mine picking up tomorrow.

#13280 4 years ago

I’ve got two heavy project Gottlieb James Bond’s if anyone is interested near Charlotte, NC. I’m asking $120 for both. If you have any questions pm me. Thanks

#13281 4 years ago

Anyone have a Bally KISS project machine for sale?

#13282 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Thanks for the heads up....buddy of mine picking up tomorrow.

No your buddy misread the ad thinking 350 not 3500 doh!! Where are my damn glasses...

#13283 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I have a buddy near me (Dallas, TX area) selling a gottlieb victory, gottlieb raven, and allied leisure star shooter for 800 total.
I have another acquaintance who has a centaur II, stern trident, and bally mata hari for 2500 total.
If anyone is interested, send me a pm and i will get their info to you.

I would love a Victory or a Trident but Texas is so far away it’s not really worth it

#13284 4 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

No your buddy misread the ad thinking 350 not 3500 doh!! Where are my damn glasses...

This (Split Second) is not the pin that you seek...move (it) along...sell it to me...

#13285 4 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Quoted from shimoda:

I was going to say I'd be interested in the Split Second and the Jungle Princess

Quoted from bluespin:

This (Split Second) is not the pin that you seek...move (it) along...sell it to me...

Ha! Split second is the one i would be interested in too!

bluespin and me seem to have very similar tastes.

#13286 4 years ago
Quoted from HHaase:

Surprised there wasn't more discussion on this one. If I had the funding right now I'd be all over that first package.
Heck, it they end up going north, I'd be interested in the Raven for some disturbing reason.
-Hans

Quoted from play_pinball:

I am genuinely surprised that Centaur II / Trident / MH deal is still available. Trident is wildly underrated as a player. I've had mine for about 20 years with no intentions of ever selling it. I'd be all over it if I wasn't out of room.
The Gottlieb deal is a good one but I'm scared off by the water damage to the particle board cabs. And the fact I'm VERY out of room.

I would love a Victory or a Trident but Texas is so far away it’s not really worth it

Update:

My one friend sold the cocktail pin, so he us offering victory and raven for 750 total. He us motivated, so there may be wiggle room there.

The trident and mata hari have sold, leaving only centaur II. He is thinking of keeping it, so if anyone is thinking about making a move for it...I would suggest doing it quickly.

#13287 4 years ago

A guy on my Facebook pinball page just posted an awesome classic stern 9 ball pin.

Screenshot_2019-08-05-17-26-45 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-08-05-17-26-45 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-08-05-17-26-51 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-08-05-17-26-51 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-08-05-17-26-57 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-08-05-17-26-57 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-08-05-17-27-03 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-08-05-17-27-03 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-08-05-17-27-08 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-08-05-17-27-08 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-08-05-17-29-17 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-08-05-17-29-17 (resized).png
#13288 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

A guy on my Facebook pinball page just posted an awesome classic stern 9 ball pin.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I was lucky enough to grab this one. Seller took a deposit and I’m picking it up Soon.

#13289 4 years ago

Good deal! Congrats! Nine Ball is one of my favorites

#13290 4 years ago

I usually don't post much from my FB page (I assume a lot of you are members already), but I like to share some of the nice ones.

I'm glad you made a deal on it.

#13291 4 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

I was lucky enough to grab this one. Seller took a deposit and I’m picking it up Soon.

Don't even worry about getting it running. While it is apart you have a great opportunity to get it cleaned and spiffed up. Getting it running is not going to take that much.

Play field looks like in good condition. The Nine Ball rack does not look worn !!! Looks like a nice back glass.

You are in at a good price. The transformer wire has been cut. It will take little to get the transformer wired back up. Don't even mess with the rectifier board. Get a new one from Weebly or get his rectifier kit.

Nice score !

#13292 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Update:
My one friend sold the cocktail pin, so he us offering victory and raven for 750 total. He us motivated, so there may be wiggle room there.
The trident and mata hari have sold, leaving only centaur II. He is thinking of keeping it, so if anyone is thinking about making a move for it...I would suggest doing it quickly.

Anyone who wants Raven and is closer wanna go halves and then I can coordinate a pickup to get Victory to me?

#13293 4 years ago

Crap.... I want the Raven. How the hell can we pull this off, neither one of us is close, nor are we in the same direction.

-Hans

#13294 4 years ago
Quoted from HHaase:

Crap.... I want the Raven. How the hell can we pull this off, neither one of us is close, nor are we in the same direction.
-Hans

If the seller is really motivated he’ll be willing to deliver both games to a Fastenal store, place on their backs on the pallet, shrink the game and strap them to the pallets with two cheap straps from home improvement stores. It’s a lot to ask the seller.

He was selling Raven, Victory and the cocktail pin for $800. Now he wants $750 for Raven and Victory. There was a cocktail pin of the same title sell for $200 this week, probably the same one. I think you guys can get both pins for $600. Fastenal will probably cost you each $200-225 as their rates recently went up. Downside is that the shipments won’t be insured.

#13295 4 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

I’m second in line, so if you change your mind I’ll be glad to pay you back your deposit.

#13296 4 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

If the seller is really motivated he’ll be willing to deliver both games to a Fastenal store, place on their backs on the pallet, shrink the game and strap them to the pallets with two cheap straps from home improvement stores. It’s a lot to ask the seller.
He was selling Raven, Victory and the cocktail pin for $800. Now he wants $750 for Raven and Victory. There was a cocktail pin of the same title sell for $200 this week, probably the same one. I think you guys can get both pins for $600. Fastenal will probably cost you each $200-225 as their rates recently went up. Downside is that the shipments won’t be insured.

I know that he is motivated, so im sure he will work with y'all

#13297 4 years ago
Quoted from HHaase:

-Hans

You have a PM

#13298 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I usually don't post much from my FB page (I assume a lot of you are members already), but I like to share some of the nice ones.
I'm glad you made a deal on it.

I'm not in Facebook, so I always appreciate the posts. If it looks like something I'd want I can all my wife to wow to them.

#13299 4 years ago
Quoted from tbaum:

I'm not in Facebook, so I always appreciate the posts. If it looks like something I'd want I can all my wife to wow to them.

What pins are you looking for?

#13300 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

What pins are you looking for?

Woz... wanna sell it? Lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Machine - For Sale
Ottawa, ON
$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 169.00
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Boards
Troxel Repair

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 3.00
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

There are 26,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 266 of 522.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/post-project-pins-for-sale-here-cl-ebay-pinside-and-others/page/266?hl=tbaum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.