Screenshot_20240318_092142_Chrome (resized).jpg
B72D3FD7-E334-4C70-B2B3-99E30898F742 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2476 (resized).png
431614063_7188125154641704_8537065374982863412_n (resized).jpg
IMG_2403 (resized).png
pin (resized).jpg
ww (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 26,067 posts in this topic. You are on page 261 of 522.
#13001 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

What did you keep?

Picked up a Millionaire, Stars, Mata Hari, Hot Shot, Dipsy Doodle.

Kept Stars and Hot Shot. Hot Shot may still leave, but Stars won't unless I find a nicer one.

Summary -

Mata Hari - Cabinet head repair, rubber kit, replaced rectifier board and connectors, new Altek MPU, added displays. Sold first. Not a MH fan...

Dipsy Doodle - Totally dead hadn't been played in 25 years at least. Parts needed were flipper bats, flipper rebuild kit, one coil and a rubber kit, and a LOT of hours. Fixed to working 100% and sold to a friend for cheap. Then found a Doodle Bug on CL a week later. Go figure!!!

Millionaire - This was a labor of love for sure. Would not boot. Learned to work on System 11 boards with the help of a friend and Pinside. Lots of board work, new XPin display, rebuilt flippers, new drop target brackets, too many items to list. Sold to a local league guy.

Hot Shot - Totally dead. I had to call the local EM tech to help with this one. And he couldn't figure it out until the third time when I brought it to his house. It was bad. Learned to work on EMs mostly because of this one. But working great now.

Stars - Took about 30 days (and lots of experiments) to get the rodent smell out of the cabinet. Was really bad. New Altek MPU, lamp driver board, rectifier board and connectors. Replaced basically every .100 connector (fun!). New Xpin displays. Now plays great but not a looker!

#13002 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Seller replied. It has already sold. Still looking for another Rocket III

Another one?

#13003 4 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Just picked up, preliminary look over, researching solid state platform and issues. Works, erratic sound and lighting issues. Playfield and cabinet fair.

Fair??

Have you seen many of that title? Cabs are usually way faded, and PF’s are usually blown out. You got a ”pretty damn nice” example. Rejoice!

#13004 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Fair??
Have you seen many of that title? Cabs are usually way faded, and PF’s are usually blown out. You got a ”pretty damn nice” example. Rejoice!

Well I was comparing it to other pins brother! Yes, usually the playfields are trashed down the center on this title.

#13005 4 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Well I was comparing it to other pins brother! Yes, usually the playfields are trashed down the center on this title.

I was just busting your balls.

I always remember a guy had one at Pinfest two years ago that he was selling for $1k, and the playfield was practically bare wood.

#13006 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I was just busting your balls.
I always remember a guy had one at Pinfest two years ago that he was selling for $1k, and the playfield was practically bare wood.

MPU trying to make up for the playfield condition, chuckle.

I can fix it!

20190719_200349_resized (resized).jpg20190719_200349_resized (resized).jpg
#13007 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Another one?

If another with a good “correct blue” backglass came available ? Absolutely.

I need a replacement glass for Cosmos too but Coos foil version is the hands better option.

#13008 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

If another with a good “correct blue” backglass came available ? Absolutely.

Or a better cabinet, with the original white flip buttons.

#13009 4 years ago

I have several pairs of white replacements for my que of restorations but I haven't changed the red ones. Yet.

#13010 4 years ago

Curious what extra parts you guys keep "in stock."
I've got bumper components, balls, some extra LEDs, a few rollover switches, connectors, some 18 and 22 gauge wire, new light sockets for inside the bumpers, ball launch springs, some miscellaneous inserts...it helps that I like Williams and Bally pins that are from the eighties...lots of common parts...
Also have a bunch of different fuses also...

#13011 4 years ago

ARCADE GAME - Chicago Coin Mini Baseball

$150
Hudson, OH
Seller: Dan Soulsby
Contact/Link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Pinball4sale/permalink/2860302450663202/?sale_post_id=2860302450663202&rt=11

OP: 1972 Chicago Coin’s Mini Baseball pin ball machine. Doesnt work, may be complete but $150 and it’s all yours. Easy load. Located in Hudson, Ohio

#13012 4 years ago

Manufacturer: Williams
Game/Type: Pat Hand / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: May 1975
Production: 6,500
Cost: $500
Seller: Allan Cihak
Link/Contact: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Pinball4sale/permalink/2847261101967337/?sale_post_id=2847261101967337&rt=11

OP: Used to work. In basement with doors to street level. Not mine. PM me if you care to make her an offer. In Northport Long Island NY

#13013 4 years ago

Game/Type: Space Mission / EM
Year: January 1976
Production: 11,652
Cost: $700
Seller: Edward Siegler
Link/Contact: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Pinball4sale/permalink/2857292654297515/?sale_post_id=2857292654297515&rt=11

OP: Up for sale is a Space Mission pinball machine. It has sat in storage for two years. Worked before it was disassembled and stored. Body and backglass in very nice shape. Legs and back door for the head included. Will need to be cleaned and shopped. Once done, it would make an excellent addition to any gameroom.

#13014 4 years ago
Quoted from ss-pinball:

Curious what extra parts you guys keep "in stock."
I've got bumper components, balls, some extra LEDs, a few rollover switches, connectors, some 18 and 22 gauge wire, new light sockets for inside the bumpers, ball launch springs, some miscellaneous inserts...it helps that I like Williams and Bally pins that are from the eighties...lots of common parts...
Also have a bunch of different fuses also...

Don't Ask - My parts inventory is in excess of 50 complete (or semi complete) parts machines, dozens of populated playfields, bins & boxes of parts that would likely fill up an average one car garage and too many bulbs & fuses to even talk about. Packed tight I could probably completely fill a two car garage with parts!

To be fair I do sell parts on eBay as a small part time business so not all of this stuff is for my personal use but it all started with a few bins of parts for our use. Once I realized I had more stuff than I could ever use I started selling the excess. Next thing you know I am in the pinball parts business.

Just for the record - I am getting too old for all of this so the parts & business are up for sale if anyone is interested. I have a couple posts here on Pinside about it as well as the business listed for sale here on Pinside. If anyone wants a nice part time business & a lifetime of spare parts drop me an email. I need $25,000 for everything and if you sell at the same rate I sell parts, doing it part time you could have 100% of your money back in about 8 months and still have 95% of the parts.

#13015 4 years ago

WALKED AWAY from a project for the first time. What a disappointment. Guy has a collection of 400+ pins (Paicines Ranch) about 1-1/2 hours drive south of San Jose. He listed on Craigslist Mata Hari project. I called and we discussed. He described the cabinet having just some "flaking paint" on one side. The play field and backglass he said were "good." So I made the hour plus drive (3 hours round trip). Flaking paint and good backglass my ass.

The side of the cabinet didn't just have flaking paint...it was missing like a section at least 12" x 12" on one side. The cabinet was delaminating and missing the bottom supports. The backglass was toast. It looked like 30% of it was covered with touch up paint. Very sloppy.

I was expecting a project, but definitely not as described. Beware if you ever go there to buy something. Not as described.

#13016 4 years ago
Quoted from JethroP:

WALKED AWAY from a project for the first time. What a disappointment. Guy has a collection of 400+ pins (Paicines Ranch) about 1-1/2 hours drive south of San Jose. He listed on Craigslist Mata Hari project. I called and we discussed. He described the cabinet having just some "flaking paint" on one side. The play field and backglass he said were "good." So I made the hour plus drive (3 hours round trip). Flaking paint and good backglass my ass.
The side of the cabinet didn't just have flaking paint...it was missing like a section at least 12" x 12" on one side. The cabinet was delaminating and missing the bottom supports. The backglass was toast. It looked like 30% of it was covered with touch up paint. Very sloppy.
I was expecting a project, but definitely not as described. Beware if you ever go there to buy something. Not as described.

Were you able to look at any other pins
?

#13017 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Were you able to look at any other pins
?

Yeah, walked through some of the collection before I looked at the Mata Hari. It is a very impressive collection indeed.

#13018 4 years ago
Quoted from JethroP:

Yeah, walked through some of the collection before I looked at the Mata Hari. It is a very impressive collection indeed.

I gotta ask...did you make an offer on anything else...or a lower offer on mata hari?

#13019 4 years ago

Manufacturer: Gottlieb
Game/Type: Buccaneer / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: June 1976
Production: 3,650
Cost: $125
Contact/Link: tucson.craigslist.org link

Condition: "THIS ITEM IS FOR PARTS AND REPAIR ONLY
THE MACHINE POWERS ON
HAS SOME FUNCTIONAL ISSUES
CASH ONLY MAKE AN OFFER
FOR PARTS AND REPAIR ONLY"

#13020 4 years ago

Game/Type: Super Star / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: August 1972
Production: 3,800
Cost: $250
Contact/Link: sandiego.craigslist.org link

Condition: "Fun game that works well, but not perfectly. Sometimes the rollovers get stuck down for 5-10 seconds before they pop back up. The backglass is peeling." Pecos: ...in a not so appealing way

#13021 4 years ago

Game/Type: Bo Bo / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: January 1961
Production: 400 (!)
Cost: $350
Contact/Link: denver.craigslist.org link

This machine has that funky front drink holder shelf style and tubular legs.

Condition: "Vintage machine. Bo bo the clown.all original, only costs a nickel to play. Used to work great,put in garage a couple years ago,tried playing, now not working."

#13022 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I gotta ask...did you make an offer on anything else...or a lower offer on mata hari?

No

#13023 4 years ago
Quoted from JethroP:

What you saw is just the tip of the iceberg,he's got at least three times the amount you estimated.there are other buildings on the ranch full of pinballs,i bought a game from him last year,he told me that he bought the late steve charland entire collection,he also will not budge on the price and doesn't really want,like or need to sell.otherwise a nice fella.

#13024 4 years ago

Hoarding has always been a strange thing to me, I had three older EMs in storage to bring to Pintastic and I felt crappy that these machines weren't being enjoyed. I was happy to see them go to new homes during the show, having dozens of machines in storage doesn't impress me in the least.

#13025 4 years ago

Manufacturer: Bally
Game/Type: Ro Go / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: November 1973
Production: 3,075
Cost: $600 OBO
Link/Contact: charlotte.craigslist.org link

OP: 1972 Bally Rogo pinball machine
Needs some restoration but is complete.
Wanted to restore but have other projects.
$600 obo
Ask for Jimmy

#13026 4 years ago

Game/Type: Smart Set / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: June 1969
Production: 4,500
Cost: $250
Contact/Link: nashville.craigslist.org link

OP: Good condition 1969 Williams Smart Set Pinball Machine for sale. Works great!
$399
Me: "Good condition" means lots of paint missing on playfield plus planking, bad backglass and de-laminating cabinet front.

#13027 4 years ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

Hoarding has always been a strange thing to me, I had three older EMs in storage to bring to Pintastic and I felt crappy that these machines weren't being enjoyed. I was happy to see them go to new homes during the show, having dozens of machines in storage doesn't impress me in the least.

Completely agree

#13028 4 years ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

A pin sitting broken in my garage is the worst ever. Get'm back on their feet and in the lineup! stat!

#13029 4 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

A pin sitting broken in my garage is the worst ever. Get'm back on their feet and in the lineup! stat!

I feel a need to always have 2-3 projects in the que to make sure I can stay busy. Otherwise, I agree. Things have gotten out of hand if you can't play, maintain, and enjoy all of your machines.

Side note:

Quoted from bluespin:

Game/Type: Ro Go / EM 4 Player

$600? Are there any merits to this machine?

#13030 4 years ago

Coffee Table Alert!

Manufacturer: D. Gottlieb & Co.
Game/Type: Sinbad / SS 4 Player
Month/Year: February 1978
Production: 12,000
Cost: $200

OP: Vintage pinball machine converted to coffee table. Perfect for man cave,garage, game room. Doesn’t play but lights up

#13031 4 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

Coffee Table Alert!
Manufacturer: D. Gottlieb & Co.
Game/Type: Sinbad / SS 4 Player
Month/Year: February 1978
Production: 12,000
Cost: $200
OP: Vintage pinball machine converted to coffee table. Perfect for man cave,garage, game room. Doesn’t play but lights up

Looks salvageable if you can find a head. It looks like they just cut down the legs and removed the neck, and pretty much left everything else. I wonder if the wiring is intact. It might be if the GI lights up.

[edit]: found one: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/82019

#13032 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Looks salvageable if you can find a head. It looks like they just cut down the legs and removed the neck, and pretty much left everything else. I wonder if the wiring is intact. It might be if the GI lights up.
[edit]: found one: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/82019

The ad says it lights up but doesn't play so I would assume the wiring is solid.

#13033 4 years ago
Quoted from canoncitypb:

Side note:

Not an especially desireable game, but I list the projects that I find, even though some are overpriced. The price will probably drop dramatically.

#13034 4 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Not an especially desireable game, but I list the projects that I find, even though some are overpriced. The price will probably drop dramatically.

Pretty sure its the "wave of the future" cabinet that Williams used on a few models 60-61 or 61-62. Built like a tank and has a shelf for your beer or coffee. I had a Darts that was pretty fun and wicked clean, now out in Mystic CT.

#13035 4 years ago

Game/Type: Hi-Deal / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: October 1975
Production: 2,085
Cost: $400 OBO
Game/Type: Hot Line / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: September 1966
Production: 3,651
Cost: $425 OBO
Game/Type: Gigi / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: December 1963
Production: 3,575
Cost: $550 OBO
Game/Type: Dancing Dolls / EM single player
Month/Year: May 1960
Production: 1,150
Cost: $475 OBO
Game/Type: Flipper Parade / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: April 1961
Production: 1,500
Cost: $950 OBO
Pinsider: WeSailors4
Link/Contact:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/82481
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/82480
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/82475
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/82474
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/82477

OP: Hi-Deal: I bought this as a project machine. The back glass is beautiful and almost perfect condition as well as the plastics. The cabinet is very good, the machine lights up, resets, and play field features like pop-bumpers activate and score. The biggest issue on this machine is that the cards on the right and the gorilla on the play field need attention. I planned on scanning and printing the images on water decals, but I bought a different hi-deal. So selling at this price due to the play field image. I can take hi-res pictures in those areas, if you would like to use them to make decals of your own. You buy water slide paper and have a local print shop print the images on it for you or enjoy it as it is.

It seems to be a very solid machine that looks like it is ready to work. Since it needs new rubbers, I never tested a game on it. Schematics included.

Hot Line: Super fun machine--one of my favorites. Shoot the rollovers to spell out each letter. The rollovers light up as the title letters. Beautiful back glass, play field, and plastics. Schematics included. Have not had any issues with this machine in the year I have owned it. Machine was playing 100% until a week ago when the ones' score reel stopped resetting. Ones' relay is firing, but won't reset. Probably a simple fix, but I just bought the add a ball version of this machine and need space for the new machine. So I am selling this one at this price since it is not fully functioning.

Gigi: Close to perfect back glass- one very small spot. Good looking play field. Structurally solid cab, but previous owners put some marks in it. Current operating condition is that it powers up, but score motor continuously runs so it doesn't reset. (selling due to space needs). This will be a very nice machine once up and running. I picked this up for a reasonable price, so I am passing along the same deal.

Dancing Dolls: Machine is beautiful, the only thing is previous owner carefully taped backglass. Not noticeable from the front and it hasn't been an issue, but it really is preserving the glass well. The dancer in the back glass is really cool. Current operating condition is that everything works except bells are intermittently ringing for the 100,000 point value. Plays way more energetic than some non-wood rails.

Flipper Parade: Beautiful game. Fully working and the roto target functions beautifully. Back glass is sealed with minor blemishes but it still looks great. The only thing I would do to it is put a flipper kit or simply adjust the right flipper to make it stronger. We've been enjoying it as it is. A few plastics have minor image flaws as seen in pictures. The purple/black lines in the score windows are plastic templates that I need to take off as I forgot to when sealing the black glass. They will be gone. (selling due to space needs). Video of machine playing is at

#13036 4 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

I understand. I appreciate you finding and listing games. This one just makes me wonder what Bally was thinking. I'm guessing they just needed something to put out cheaply. They made 3000 of this? I can't imagine my reaction if I was an operator and received this machine.

#13037 4 years ago
Quoted from canoncitypb:

I understand. I appreciate you finding and listing games. This one just makes me wonder what Bally was thinking. I'm guessing they just needed something to put out cheaply. They made 3000 of this? I can't imagine my reaction if I was an operator and received this machine.

Bally has made a few of the most barren, boring games pinball has ever seen. The company also had some incredible games, but also some of the indisputable worst

#13038 4 years ago

Game/Type: Space Mission / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: January 1976
Cost: Starting Bid $499 (Ends SAT 07/27)
Link/Contact: ebay.com link: itm

OP: SPACE MISSION PINBALL THIS IS A COMPLETE 4 PLAYER PINBALL MACHINE but YOU WLILL NEED NEW LEGS , CHECK OUT ALL PICTURES BECAUSE THIS IS (SOLD AS IS ) we accept paypal; AND MUST BE PAID FOR IN 2 DAYS CHECK OUT OUR OTHER GREAT AUCTIONS FOR JUKE BOXES PINBALL AND OTHER PARTS The item is sold AS IS. It does not come with a warranty

#13039 4 years ago
Quoted from canoncitypb:

They made 3000 of this? I can't imagine my reaction if I was an operator and received this machine.

Pinball manufacturers distributed flyers to distributors to share with the operators. The manufacturer would plan to start a run of say 500 machines, but the total made would equal the total amount ordered by distributors.

#13040 4 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Game/Type: Space Mission / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: January 1976
Cost: Starting Bid $499 (Ends SAT 07/27)
Link/Contact: ebay.com link
OP: SPACE MISSION PINBALL THIS IS A COMPLETE 4 PLAYER PINBALL MACHINE but YOU WLILL NEED NEW LEGS , CHECK OUT ALL PICTURES BECAUSE THIS IS (SOLD AS IS ) we accept paypal; AND MUST BE PAID FOR IN 2 DAYS CHECK OUT OUR OTHER GREAT AUCTIONS FOR JUKE BOXES PINBALL AND OTHER PARTS The item is sold AS IS. It does not come with a warranty

Is a pin complete without legs? The one we had as a kid me and my brother played on our knees for many years cause my old man used to push it so hard when he lost that it eventually broke the back panel of the game...so maybe...but these days all my pins have legs - at least the complete ones. ;0)

#13041 4 years ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

The ad says it lights up but doesn't play so I would assume the wiring is solid.

My concern was the wiring to the backbox. I'm reasonably sure you could still have GI in a system 1 game even if the backbox wires were cut since the GI just pretty much a direct tap from the transformer.

#13042 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

My concern was the wiring to the backbox. I'm reasonably sure you could still have GI in a system 1 game even if the backbox wires were cut since the GI just pretty much a direct tap from the transformer.

Sure, but my thinking is that if this person didn't know about pinball (assuming since they tried to ruin a fine machine) and wanted the playfield lights to work while it was a coffee table they wouldn't just randomly cut wires for no reason. Now if it did not light up at all maybe they cut everything off the playfield to make it lighter or whatever their thought process would be. Hopefully someone grabs it and lets us know!

#13043 4 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Bally has made a few of the most barren, boring games pinball has ever seen. The company also had some incredible games, but also some of the indisputable worst

They have all made clunkers...

#13044 4 years ago
Quoted from canoncitypb:

Yes, if there happens to be $ 400 in the coin box.

#13045 4 years ago

Ok. There’s gotta be some Space Shuttle projects out there. Where they all gone?

#13046 4 years ago
Quoted from HHaase:

Ok. There’s gotta be some Space Shuttle projects out there. Where they all gone?

Cpr released a playfield like 2-3 years ago so most of the projects are already gone

#13047 4 years ago

Hi All I posted a P3-ROC set to the marketplace. Here is a link to the ad:

SOLD!
Other - For Sale
“Selling a P3-ROC set I purchased and never used. I set up the P3-ROC, 1 PD-LED and 8 RGB-LEDs to make a demo project and never went on from there. Edit: when I created the ad I se...”
2019-07-22
Lodi, CA
900 (OBO)
Archived after: 1 day
Viewed: 127 times

#13048 4 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

I posted a p3-roc set to the marketplace. This is definitely a project but may not be appropriate here. I am willing to go with the opinion of the group here. If you'd like me to post a link to it I will. If you'd like me to delete this post I can do that as well. Thanks

Post it, for sure

#13049 4 years ago
Quoted from HHaase:

I still see a small handful every year. A couple months ago, there was one at a local antiques auction, but it was pretty beat and the price went higher than it was really worth.

#13050 4 years ago

I'm still waiting for a neighbor to say, "Oh hey, I have this space shuttle game that doesn't work anymore. I was going to throw it out, you want it?" I'm not holding my breath though!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 169.00
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 22.50
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 44.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Kettering, OH
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

There are 26,067 posts in this topic. You are on page 261 of 522.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/post-project-pins-for-sale-here-cl-ebay-pinside-and-others/page/261?hl=canoncitypb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.