**This posting has expired.**
Game/Type: Power Play / SS 4 Player
Month/Year: February 1977
Cost: Best Offer changed to $600
Location: Redwood City, CA
Link/Contact: sfbay.craigslist.org link
Condition: OP: "Hello,
back what seems to be an eternity, I bought a couple of pinballs to maintain and play, as I used to play pinball as a kid. But then... I had kids myself and I never found the time to work on them. So, in the classic American way, I sold most of them on, and kept only this one, the Bobby Orr Powerplay, as this was the one machine I really played a lot (I even made money with it - playing it up, then selling the games to amateurs, haha), and eventually moved it into climate-controlled storage.
When I bought the machine, it worked, but then at some point it needed maintenance (machine powers up, but then the displays basically only showed back light, no numbers, and machine would not play). I started working on it, but never had the time to complete the works. From my memories as a kid, this usually was the time to call in someone to either just reboot or replace something.
So, this machine is either for professionals (the kind I sold my other pinballs to), or for an ambitious pinball enthusiast with more time on their hand, to bring it up to perform again.
I am selling all of the pictured items together (no cherry-picking - you sell on what you don't need), as there are:
- the complete cabinet, in generally good shape (legs included, but not pictured)(glass is fine)
- playfield is well-worn, but can be played (there are better-than-original playing fields out there to buy)
- back glass and top (fine, too)
(the machine is complete)
- a few Powerplay-specific manuals and materials
- a few generic pinball manuals and repair guides
- a number of main boards (CPU/MPU) and a display unit (these were bought from reputable online sellers, but never tested)
- a box full of rubbers
- a pinball tester (with manual)
- a few more electronics and other parts not pictured
I have a general idea what these go for individually (the back glass alone for $200-$400), but please make me your best offer for the entire package.
As written, the unit is currently in storage (in Redwood City). Should you be interested, please let me know your firm offer (please no craigslist flakes - I will not renegotiate on site), and we can coordinate when to hand over (you will need a truck).
This week, Saturday afternoon would probably be best-fitting for me."