Topic Stats

• 13,603 posts
  • 457 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by cottonm4
  • Topic is favorited by 407 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,095 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot_2019-08-20-00-39-05 (resized).png
Screenshot_2019-08-19-14-56-56 (resized).png
Screenshot_2019-08-19-11-46-52 (resized).png
IMG_20190818_124647044 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190809_155326532 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190817_112644827 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190809_155315973 (resized).jpg
Taxi CL Ad (resized).png
20190815_102428 (resized).jpg
20190815_102411 (resized).jpg
20190815_102419 (resized).jpg
00H0H_dNaDfnOGkwY_1200x900 (resized).jpg
00L0L_3iJFLR1k8TG_1200x900 (resized).jpg
s-l1602 (resized).jpg
s-l1600 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2019-08-17-01-53-55 (resized).png

There are 13603 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 273.
#1001 3 years ago

Ha ha! That was awesome! Thanks Ryan! You are too kind. BTW, I like your choice of pics.

I took a screen shot for posterity:

project_pin_thread_header_1000_posts_(resized).jpg

Notice that I have made more than half of the posts. That's exactly 516 more than I had planned. I don't know if that is good or bad, but it darned well made the trip to 1,000 faster!

I have gained more than I have given. I have found four new pins to add to Pecos' Palatial Pinball Parlor and learned about hundreds of pinball machines that I have looked up on IPDB that I never would have known about. I have met a bunch of great guys and gals, some who have found a project pin on this thread. I have indeed been richly rewarded.

I keep trying to come up with a list of 70's and 80's pins to add to my wishlist and Firepower would be on that list. What is really on the top of my wishlist though is the next project pinball that I can find within driving distance that needs a little TLC.

Many thanks to you, Ryan, and the other 86 of you who support this thread with your participation! I can't do it without you.

#1002 3 years ago

**This posting has been deleted by its author.**
Manufacturer: Williams
Game/Type: Flash / SS 4 Player
Month/Year: January 1979
Production: 19,505
Cost: $675 appears to be reduced from $740 OBO
Link/Contact: sandiego.craigslist.org link

Condition: Nice looking game. OP: "Very clean The Flash pinball. Worked great the entire time I had it, but when turning it on today I couldn't get the game to start. Plastics and backglass are in perfect shape, comes with new powder coated legs, and playfield/cabinet look great. Lights up, got the flippers to flip, but ball won't eject/start game or scoring."

#1003 3 years ago

I check in at least a couple times a day. Sometimes it is the only post I even look at when I hit Pinside for a quick visit. I love seeing what is for sale all over the country. Keep them coming! Great idea for a post from Pecos - and thanks to all for posting.

#1004 3 years ago

Manufacturer: Gottlieb
Game/Type: Buccaneer / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: June 1976
Production: 3,650
Cost: $400
Link/Contact: bakersfield.craigslist.org link

Condition: OP: "...needs a tuneup a few bulbs here and they're simple fix for a new pinball machine"

#1005 3 years ago

**Williams Gridiron, below, This posting has been deleted by its author.**

Game/Type: Winner / EM Widebody 2 Player
Month/Year: May 1972
Production: 2,100
Cost: $190 OBRO
Link/Contact: philadelphia.craigslist.org link

Condition: OP: "Backglass has flaking, cabinet is good but needs some work. Playfield is excellent. Game fires up and plays but gets stuck in reset. One that I bought and haven't had time to get to. Comes with custom keychain and brand new bound repro manual."

#1006 3 years ago

nashville.craigslist.org link

This one popped up today. I emailed him and these are the pics he sent back.

Looks like a Williams Gridiron. Football themed pitch and bat. Pretty neat.

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

#1007 3 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

"A great restoration project" - $50
(protect your eyes please)

Yeah...great restoration piece. Not after it's been in a fire. What a shame.

#1008 3 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

This one popped up today. I emailed him and these are the pics he sent back.
Looks like a Williams Gridiron. Football themed pitch and bat. Pretty neat.

That actually is pretty cool.........if I were closer, I'd snatch that right up just to get it running and throw a couple games on it.

#1009 3 years ago

Pecos,

As Ryan said, thanks a lot for constantly posting games, keeping this thread updated and all the input and comments. I definitely jump on here as often as possible....never know what you'll come across!! Keep up the good work.

And thanks for posting the Williams Winner on here that I recently listed on CL...LOL. I've tried to stay away from CL for selling games, but wanted to move this one quickly if possible.

#1010 3 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

I'm rooting for you DaWezl!

Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Good luck with the freebie!

Thanks for the well wishes! Sadly I must have been too slow in responding. Oh well. But I am realizing that I think I might have caught the project machine bug from y'all! I'm closing on our new house on Friday, and I'm sitting here looking at Craigslist like I can just go pop out to pick up a machine if I find one, haha!

#1011 3 years ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

I'm thinking about picking one up for a rainy day(s) project. Can't stand Black Knight or Firepower, don't know Agents 777 or Alien star, which would be the better one to get?

Decision made much easier...

Agents 777 is all that's left and a price cut to $100.

#1012 3 years ago

Great game from the 70s.

Game/Type: Fan-Tas-Tic / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: September 1972
Production: 5,680
Cost: $350
Link/Contact: orlando.craigslist.org link

Condition: OP: "Williams brand pinball machine, sometimes works ok, sometimes doesn't!

One coil missing from top left scoring.

Glass in good shape, cabinet has some wear.

Buyer must pick up, bring help, it's heavy."

#1013 3 years ago
Quoted from balzofsteel:

Decision made much easier...
Agents 777 is all that's left and a price cut to $100.

That does help the decision a bit, may have to give him a call I'll be in that area tomorrow evening anyway.

#1014 3 years ago

**Ad not found**
Manufacturer: Bally
Game/Type: Dolly Parton / SS 4 Player
Month/Year: October 1978
Production: 7,350
Cost: "Just asking for best offer or trade."
Link/Contact: pensacola.craigslist.org link

Condition: OP: "Machine powers up, needs some work."

#1015 3 years ago

Game/Type: Hyperball / SS 2 Player
Month/Year: December 1981
Production: 8,000
Cost: $500
Link/Contact: sandiego.craigslist.org link

Condition: OP: "Good condition just needs to be cleaned up...dusty/dirty from sitting.

Needs a couple minor repairs....my dad made notes about what exactly it needed. "A" hole target needs to be checked and something on the light board."

#1016 3 years ago

Manufacturer: Atari
Game/Type: Time 2000 / SS Widbody 4 Player
Month/Year: June 1977
Production: Unknown
Cost: $450
Link/Contact: inlandempire.craigslist.org link

Condition: OP: "It is working condition only minor issue is speaker needs to be replaced. I also just changed the rubbers. It needs a little TLC but will bring tons of hours of fun!"

#1017 3 years ago

**Aquarius, below, ended with no bids**
**Jack in the Box, below, ended with no bids**
**Spitfire, below, sold for best offer**
**Williams World Cup and Gottlieb Dragon, below, ended with no bids**
**Sound Stage, below, This posting has expired.**

Game/Type: Comet / SS 4 Player
Month/Year: June 1985
Production: 8,100
Cost: $599 or $899 (I'd choose the lower price)
Link/Contact: losangeles.craigslist.org link

Condition: Professional Seller OP: "This is a project pinball that needs some work."

#1018 3 years ago
Quoted from DaWezl:

But I am realizing that I think I might have caught the project machine bug from y'all.

Ha ha! Don't say we didn't warn you!

Pecos said:
"Congrats on getting your first pinball machine. Beware! They have a habit of multiplying when you least expect it!"

Quoted from DaWezl:

Thanks for the warm welcome! And clearly I'm already in danger if I'm still looking at CL ads!

Quoted from DaWezl:

I'm closing on our new house on Friday, and I'm sitting here looking at Craigslist like I can just go pop out to pick up a machine if I find one, haha!

A project pin would make a nice house-warming gift. Just find some help moving it.

#1019 3 years ago

$350 for a Fan-Tas-Tic? Damn. Wish it was closer. Fun game! Everyone should have at least one middle-pop in their collection.

#1020 3 years ago

Don't think this one's been posted...

Game/Type: Aquarius / EM
Month/Year: Oct.1970
Production: 2,025
Cost: $250 starting bid (no bids yet)
Link/Contact: ebay.com link » 1970 Gottlieb Aquarius Pinball Machine

Description: "Lights up but needs some repairs. Glass is missing on the top of the pinball machine [seller is referring to playfield glass, not backglass...phew! ]"

#1021 3 years ago

Looks like it's kept outside and possibly a bit moldy, but I know ppl love this game...

Game/Type: Jack in the Box / EM
Month/Year: Feb 1973
Production: 8,300
Cost: $300 starting bid, $400 buy it now
Link/Contact:ebay.com link » Vintage Gottlieb Pinball Machine

Description: "Estate find selling as found as is has nice color but looks like some mice have gotten in over the years selling for parts or repair all electronics seemed to be there but the machine does not work local pickup only in Fair Lawn New Jersey"

#1022 3 years ago

A neat lookin' wood rail with some classy George Molentin artwork on a pretty unmolested backglass (just some minor flaking on the sky blue). Anyhow, here it is:

Game/Type: Spitfire / EM
Month/Year: 1954
Cost: $375 buy it now
Link/Contact: ebay.com link » Vintage 1954s Williams Spitfire Woodrail Pinball Machine Game

Description: "Does not work, missing coin mechanism, some paint issues, would make for a great restoration project. Selling as is for parts or repair."

#1023 3 years ago

A two-fer!

Williams World Cup and Gottlieb Dragon pinball machines Both for $400

ebay.com link » World Cup And Dragon Pinball Machines Both For 400

Oh, yikes. Upon closer inspection, lots of conflicting information.

- Located in Cheyenne Wy or Loveland, Colorado
- Price is either $400 or $500
- Plus it says NO BOARDS!

NEVERMIND!!! *LOL*

#1024 3 years ago

Game/Type: Spin A Card / EM 1P
Month/Year: January, 1969
Cost: $275
Link/Contact: nh.craigslist.org link

Condition: "- Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't
-Great condition otherwise" cabinet has been repainted white

#1025 3 years ago

Game/Type: Playball / EM 1P
Month/Year: April, 1971
Cost: $100
Link/Contact: poconos.craigslist.org link

Condition: "Ready to be restored."

#1026 3 years ago

Manufacturer: Chicago Coin
Game/Type: Sound Stage / EM 2P
Year: July 1976
Production: 3,000
Link/Contact: boston.craigslist.org link
Condition: "Cabinet has been enhanced by local artist and an original 18x24 Oil Painting, on canvas, "The Awakening" has been mounted on the rear panel. Includes new rubbers, flipper parts, new locks, new bulbs, and new power cord. Machine starts up and plays but needs some tweaking to be fully operational. Back glass has been repaired."

No pics of that enhanced cabinet...

#1027 3 years ago

Game/Type: Universe / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: September 1959
Production: 1,150 (!)
Cost: $500 OBO
Link/Contact: stlouis.craigslist.org link

Condition: OP: " paint is faded, lights work and plays, coin door is bent a lot of older machines have this problem cause at sometime someone tried breaking into it. also has schematics."

#1028 3 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Game/Type: Sound Stage / EM 2P
Year: July 1976
Production: 3,000
Link/Contact: boston.craigslist.org link
Condition: "Cabinet has been enhanced by local artist and an original 18x24 Oil Painting, on canvas, "The Awakening" has been mounted on the rear panel. Includes new rubbers, flipper parts, new locks, new bulbs, and new power cord. Machine starts up and plays but needs some tweaking to be fully operational. Back glass has been repaired."
No pics of that enhanced cabinet...

I found photos on the Worcester listing, lmao. "Enhanced"--I don't think that word means what you think it does!!
worcester.craigslist.org link

#1029 3 years ago
Quoted from DaWezl:

I found photos on the Worcester listing, lmao. "Enhanced"--I don't think that word means what you think it does!!
worcester.craigslist.org link

! I need a new back door for a couple of my games...I wonder if that tech carries any canvas for a williams?!

#1030 3 years ago

**Meteor, below, This posting has been deleted by its author.**

**Ad archived**
Game/Type: Black Knight / SS 4 Player
Month/Year: November 1980
Production: 13,075
Link/Contact: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-black-knight-williams-1980-project-500

Condition: OP: "I will be going to Phoenix in a few weeks and I'll also be at TPF. If anyone is Phoenix or anyone going to TPF is interested I could bring it.

The playfield is in pretty good shape. There's no wear on the magna saves. It just needs a good cleaning to get the ball swirls out. I think the game is complete but the backbox and head are from two different BKs. The cabinet is the kind with the transformer in the bottom of the cabinet and the head is from a BK that had the transformer in the head. Supposedly all of the wiring is there to use the head with the cab but I don't know for certain. It doesn't look like it all matches up to me.

Game also comes with the legs, glass, and lockdown bar."

#1031 3 years ago

Manufacturer: Stern
Game/Type: Meteor / SS
Year: September 1979
Production: 7,939
Link/Contact: newjersey.craigslist.org link

Condition: "Recently had Alltek MPU board installed. One flipper not working."

#1032 3 years ago

**Price reduced**
Game/Type: Super Score / EM 2 Player
Month/Year: April 1967
Production: 2,925
Cost: $350 reduced to $200
Link/Contact: toledo.craigslist.org link

Condition: Some playfield wear. OP: "Fully functional super score pinball two player.... Everything works all the lights and bells."

#1033 3 years ago

Game/Type: Knockout / EM 2 Player
Month/Year: September 1974
Production: 2,085
Cost: $250 Firm
Link/Contact: zanesville.craigslist.org link

Condition: Fair amount of wear on playfield by inserts. OP: "Flippers need replaced an have parts."

#1034 3 years ago

**Ad not found**
Game/Type: On Beam / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: September 1968
Link/Contact: houston.craigslist.org link

Condition: Broken mushroom bumper on playfield. Backglass and playfield appear to be in Fair-Good condition and should clean up nicely. OP: ""Non-working Pinball machine from the 60's... It is missing the top glass as well."

#1035 3 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: On Beam / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: September 1968
Link/Contact: houston.craigslist.org link
Condition: Broken mushroom bumper on playfield. Backglass and playfield appear to be in Fair-Good condition and should clean up nicely. OP: ""Non-working Pinball machine from the 60's... It is missing the top glass as well."

That was originally $100 when posted. Then it changed to $400 after about 30 mins... lol CL remorse!

#1036 3 years ago

**Ad not found**
zacaj, another Meteor

Game/Type: Meteor / SS 4 Player
Month/Year: September 1979
Cost: $500 "Willing to negotiate price."
Link/Contact: sanmarcos.craigslist.org link

Condition: No Pics! OP: "Original production, needs minor repair but in great condition."

#1037 3 years ago

**Ad not found**
Game/Type: Silverball Mania / SS 4 Player
Month/Year: June 1978
Production: 10,350
Cost: $500 OBO
Link/Contact: wausau.craigslist.org link

Condition: OP: "doesnt work and dont know whats wrong with it but in good condition"

#1038 3 years ago

**Ad not found**
Game/Type: 2x Sky Jump / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: May 1974
Production: 4,200
Cost: $600 For Both
Link/Contact: desmoines.craigslist.org link

Condition: OP: "One is in almost perfect condition with no wear on the playfield or flaking of the back glass. Both look excellent inside. The second machine has a little wear on the playfield and also has some water damage on the head. I am asking 600.00 for the pair and don't really want to separate. These came in a storage unit I bought with other arcade and coin op stuff and I am not really into pinball."

#1039 3 years ago

Game/Type: Triple Action / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: February 1974
Production: 3,828
Link/Contact: columbiamo.craigslist.org link

Condition: OP: "It's a Williams made in Detroit,IL Triple Action is the name of the pinball machine. It needs cleaned and it may work. It worked when my grandma purchased it 25+ years ago. Then she gave it to my dad. He did nothing with it just stored in a movable garage. Then I got it 4 years ago. Was going to get it going but I don't have the time or know anyone that works on them that's close by. Its been in our basement cense I got it. It does glow under a black light on some places. It's cool looking. It's 1974 model. It has the original cord on it, but too scared to plug it in. Cords not cracked, just old. It may work when cleaned up and check the cord. It's not new or restored, it's all original. Got original legs for it, it's the first model from back then that came out with 3" flippers.
Must pick up, and have help its 500 pounds. Will not deliver. Ask for pictures. Only serious inquiries.
Thanks. If you do need it delivered I need your home town and state so I can figure out shipping from me to you.
But if I drive there you must buy it or pay for shipping to get there and for the way back. It's not light and fragile moving it bouncing down the road. It would be strapped down good but when truck bounces it would to and could loosen something, I'm not 100% on that but I'm just saying. I would even wrap in tarp and blanket to keep it from getting wet or dusty. Thanks,"

#1040 3 years ago

**Ad not found**
**Price reduced**
Game/Type: Mademoiselle / EM Woodrail 2 Player
Month/Year: October 1959
Production: 700 (!)
Cost: $450 or $500 OBO - Choose wisely reduced to $300
Link/Contact: seks.craigslist.org link

Condition: OP: "does not work but in good shape to restore."

#1041 3 years ago

Game/Type: Barnacle Bill / EM Woodrail 1 Player
Month/Year: August 1948
Production: 2,500

Condition: OP: "...has not been checked"

Game/Type: Hollywood / EM 2 Player
Month/Year: February 1976
Production: Unknown

Condition: OP: "...is in semi working condition. Sometimes it hesitates."

Cost: $600
Link/Contact: phoenix.craigslist.org link

#1042 3 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

$350 for a Fan-Tas-Tic? Damn. Wish it was closer. Fun game! Everyone should have at least one middle-pop in their collection.

Definitely. Had one of these before, and didn't want to sell it when I did but had no space. A fun and colorful game..attractive. Would definitely grab another one if I came across it more locally. As for the middle pop, I still have a Magic City in the line up, so covered!

#1043 3 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Game/Type: Meteor / SS
Year: September 1979

Not a bad game...I would probably grab it if it didn't have that irritating background noise.

#1044 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Not a bad game...I would probably grab it if it didn't have that irritating background noise.

That's one of its best features!

#1045 3 years ago

Game/Type: Party Animal / SS 4 Player
Month/Year: May 1987
Production: 2,250
Cost: $650
Link/Contact: seattle.craigslist.org link

Condition: OP: "Selling a nice party animal pinball project machine. Stuck digit on display when powered on so probably needs CPU or connector work along with a good shop job. Playfield and Backglass nice shape. From a warehouse full of games that have not been powered on for 20 years."

#1046 3 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

BG and PF look pretty great. Despite over 2k manufactured, I can't imagine there are too many of these around. Cabinet repainted white. Lots more pix at the auction, but here's a tease:

Game/Type: Sporty / EM Flipperless
Month/Year: April 26, 1940
Production: 2,200
Cost: $195

OP: “game does fire up and advance score,one bumper cap is missing,playfield and backglass are very nice,nice bathing beauty motiff,cabinet looks repainted white,as-is as shown,dont know if score is supposed to reset when coin is put in ,it does not, but some thing on playfield do advnce the score ,I think there is 4 balls and they are rusty”

This one just got relisted:

ebay.com link » Vtg Chicago Coin Sporty Flipperless Woodrail Pinball Machine Game Bathing Beauty

#1047 3 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

This one just got relisted:
ebay.com link » Vtg Chicago Coin Sporty Flipperless Woodrail Pinball Machine Game Bathing Beauty

I've actually considered grabbing this, but a shame the cabinet is painted over.

#1048 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I've actually considered grabbing this, but a shame the cabinet is painted over.

Probably the easiest part to restore. It's a beauty otherwise!

#1049 3 years ago

Game/Type: Fan-Tas-Tic / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: September 1972
Production: 5,680
Cost: $425
Link/Contact: mansfield.craigslist.org link

Condition: Thousands score reel appears to be misaligned/broken. Some playfield wear. OP: "...works good, some lights need replaced, normal wear and tear..."

#1050 3 years ago

**This posting has expired.**
Game/Type: Eight Ball / SS 4 Player
Month/Year: January 1977
Production: 20,230
Link/Contact: washingtondc.craigslist.org link

Condition: OP: "... in good cosmetic condition but is not working..."

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Machine - For Sale
Port Jervis, NY
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
There are 13603 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 273.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside