Topic Stats

• 13,676 posts
  • 458 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by dothedoo
  • Topic is favorited by 410 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,112 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190825_171021 (resized).jpg
Twilight zone (resized).png
Cocktail Pin  (resized).png
C9B137FF-D416-4D06-A9AF-3F67F3C506CF (resized).jpeg
854A3A1E-2CE5-4823-A428-E3F9208DBC6A (resized).jpeg
night rider (resized).jpg
co33 (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2019-08-22-12-04-53 (resized).png
Screenshot_2019-08-22-12-00-40 (resized).png
KoS (resized).jpg
IMG_20190821_172147271_HDR (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

There are 13676 posts in this topic. You are on page 155 of 274.
#7701 1 year ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

As much as I hate auctions (they always waste so much time waiting all day for the few items you are interested in and then someone bids those items to insane prices so you don't end up getting them anyway) I might have to drive over to check this sale out. It is only about an hour from me and I would feel silly not going but I really wish I didn't know about it and then I wouldn't be wasting a day!
Knowing the area my expectations of buying are very low - Lloyd (coinopwarehouse) will have someone their for sure and I know a couple other local guys that will not let anything slip through cheap so before I drive over I already know I don't need to take the truck. But I am curious what parts and stuff are around and maybe one or two of the backglasses might help me save a machine or two. Who knows!

Back glasses we got:

Bally Eight Ball mint $130
Bally Mata Hari (Dagger writing) mint $150
Gottieb Royal Flush mint $130

#7702 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Back glasses we got:
Bally Eight Ball mint $130
Bally Mata Hari (Dagger writing) mint $150
Gottieb Royal Flush mint $130

Pretty much as I expected - 150 miles driven, 10 hours wasted, and I came home with two small boxes of parts. I am glad you were happy with the backglasses you grabbed!

They listed 75+ backglasses and that was correct but sadly only about 25% of them were nice. And for what they were I thought prices were pretty crazy. Pinball machines sold close to retail and the shelving unit of parts didn't end up at the auction. One of the girls said "we didn't bring that stuff because we didn't know if it would be worth bringing". So there were a total of 8 small boxes of mixed parts and other than a box with a Gottlieb Chime unit in it that went for $75 the rest of the parts were not worth talking about. I knew better but I needed a day off anyway! The good thing is I had a chance to talk to several pinball friends I only see once or twice a year. That was the highlight of the day for me.

#7703 1 year ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

Pretty much as I expected - 150 miles driven, 10 hours wasted, and I came home with two small boxes of parts. I am glad you were happy with the backglasses you grabbed!
They listed 75+ backglasses and that was correct but sadly only about 25% of them were nice. And for what they were I thought prices were pretty crazy. Pinball machines sold close to retail and the shelving unit of parts didn't end up at the auction. One of the girls said "we didn't bring that stuff because we didn't know if it would be worth bringing". So there were a total of 8 small boxes of mixed parts and other than a box with a Gottlieb Chime unit in it that went for $75 the rest of the parts were not worth talking about. I knew better but I needed a day off anyway! The good thing is I had a chance to talk to several pinball friends I only see once or twice a year. That was the highlight of the day for me.

Skip, thought about driving out. Looks like I made the right choice not doing so. I never do well at auction. Thanks for the update.

#7704 1 year ago

I was going to drive out also, saw that they had a Hokus Pokus. Anybody know what that went for? Man, I miss mine and want another one of those. Auctions are only worth it if you get good deals, which almost never happens anymore at those things.

I instead chose to meet up with Pete, grab his sweet minty Bon Voyage, and brought the project Space Ship along to pass on to Mike.

IMG_4808 (resized).JPG

#7705 1 year ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

Yeah I’d jump on that one too for that price. Maybe since he is actually closer colsond3 will get it lol

Haha...it's the montra of this thread. Pitt is still a 4.5 hour drive each way, but doable. Had a Spring Break a long time ago, but it didn't last long in the line up.

#7706 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I was going to drive out also, saw that they had a Hokus Pokus. Anybody know what that went for? Man, I miss mine and want another one of those. Auctions are only worth it if you get good deals, which almost never happens anymore at those things.
I instead chose to meet up with Pete, grab his sweet minty Bon Voyage, and brought the project Space Ship along to pass on to Mike.

I didn't keep notes on what each machine sold for but I think it was north of $500 on Hokus Pokus (maybe like $530 or $540 plus 13% buyers premium or 10% premium if paying in cash). If my memory is correct the only machine selling under $400 was the single player and that went in the mid $300 range (again if my memory is correct).

#7707 1 year ago

Williams Strike Zone, asking $300
Looks to be in pretty good shape.

denver.craigslist.org link

#7708 1 year ago

Manufacturer: Williams
Game/Type: Fun Fest / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: February 1973
Production: 6,025
Cost: $450
Contact/Link: lasvegas.craigslist.org link

Condition: "Appears to have all original parts on the playfield. The playfield has not been touched-up or modified and is in remarkably good shape for 45 years old!

The back glass is in excellent condition.

The machine currently does not power up. Some wires are broken and will need to be re-soldered or replaced. It's missing some solenoid plungers and needs new rubber, but those are easily purchased."

#7709 1 year ago

Game/Type: Shoo Shoo / EM Woodrail 1 Player
Month/Year: February 1951
Production: Unknown
Cost: $350
Contact/Link: allentown.craigslist.org link

Condition: "...machine in restoreable condition. The unit does not work, the solenoids are have burned coils, or are sticky. The rubber bumpers are deteriorated, the play platform has some wear, but the back glass is excellent."

Shoo Shoo (resized).png

#7710 1 year ago

Manufacturer: Bally Midway
Game/Type: Kings of Steel / SS MPU AS-2518-35, 4 Player
Month/Year: March 1984
Production: 2,900
Cost: $500 OBO
Contact/Link: tampa.craigslist.org link

Condition: "Lights up, but does not function fully, not sure why. Would be a great project or parts piece."

#7711 1 year ago

Manufacturer: Gottlieb
Game/Type: Card Whiz / EM 2 Player
Month/Year: May 1976
Production: 3,250
Cost: $485
Contact/Link: orlando.craigslist.org link

Condition: "I am in need of making some room in my warehouse. Too many games and a few must go.

This game is overall in nice shape, backglass was replaced with an amazing replacement that is bright and colorful but does have a few thin lines where the red is missing. Game plays but things are sticky and it needs a thorough cleaning."

#7712 1 year ago

Before there was:

Manufacturer: Premier / Gottlieb
Game/Type: Monte Carlo / SS System 80B, 4 Player
Month/Year: February 1987
Production: 4,315

There was:

Manufacturer: Bally
Game/Type: Monte Carlo / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: October 1972
Production: 5,254

And before that there was:

Game/Type: Monte Carlo /EM 1 Player
Month/Year: December 1963
Production: 1,050 (!)
Cost: $175 (!)
Contact/Link: hudsonvalley.craigslist.org link

Condition: A double exclamationer! And yellow score reels! Backglass is toast but, hey, what do you expect for 175 bucks?
OP: "This will need a complete restoration."

#7713 1 year ago

Game/Type: Firepower / SS System 6, 4 Player
Month/Year: February, 1980
Production: 17,410

Manufacturer: Atari
Game/Type: Space Riders / SS Widebody Atari Generation/System 1, 4 Player
Month/Year: September 1978

Game/Type: Evel Knievel Home Model / SS CPU board 0606-00905, 4 Player
Month/Year: January 1978

Cost: $850 for all three
Contact/Link: sfbay.craigslist.org link

Condition: "I really need the space. So I have decided to sell these machines.What I have are 3 non working pinball machines up for sale. 1. Fire power machine made by Williams with new CPU board. This machine turns on and is in attract mode but it wont start up. I spent a lot of work on this one but to be disappointed that it doesn't start up.
2nd Is a home edition Ball's Evel knievel pinball. This one is a 3/4 size as compared to the full size Evel machine.The field and the back glass are superb It turns on and the flippers work but again won't start. I replaced a lot of the caps and misc electronics. I think it needs a CPU chip. 3. Space riders pinball by Atari. This one doesn't start either. Nice backglass and playfield."

#7714 1 year ago

Listed 18 months ago and relisted.

Manufacturer: Sonic
Game/Type: Faces / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: December 1976
Cost: $400
Contact/Link: slo.craigslist.org link

Condition: "Decent condition. Most functions work. Easy to work on, comes with schematic. Replaced all bulbs and has new bumpers. Overall a very nice machine. Previous owner painted the exterior."

#7715 1 year ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Condition: "I really need the space. So I have decided to sell these machines.What I have are 3 non working pinball machines up for sale. 1. Fire power machine made by Williams with new CPU board. This machine turns on and is in attract mode but it wont start up. I spent a lot of work on this one but to be disappointed that it doesn't start up.
2nd Is a home edition Ball's Evel knievel pinball. This one is a 3/4 size as compared to the full size Evel machine.The field and the back glass are superb It turns on and the flippers work but again won't start. I replaced a lot of the caps and misc electronics. I think it needs a CPU chip. 3. Space riders pinball by Atari. This one doesn't start either. Nice backglass and playfield."

If....I.....was.....

That's a kick ass deal on three games.

#7716 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Well 2 3/4 games anyways....Evel home edition

#7717 1 year ago
Quoted from Pecos:

If that Firepower boots into attract and doesn't start a game it's probably just the outhole switch... Possible very easy fix!!

-Steve

#7718 1 year ago

Manufacturer: Premier/Gottlieb
Game/Type: Hollywood Heat / SS System 80B, 4 Player
Month/Year: June 1986
Production: 3,400
Cost: $675
Contact/Link: cleveland.craigslist.org link

Condition: "Very nice pinball only proplem is the translate has a crack across the middle."

#7719 1 year ago

Game/Type: Triple Strike / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: August 1975
Production: 3,376
Cost: $350
Contact/Link: grandrapids.craigslist.org link

Condition: Rough, Rough! Woof, Woof! Backglass. OP: "Comes with original owners manual . One of the relays is sticking so needs a little TLC."

#7720 1 year ago

Manufacturer: Allied Leisure
Game/Type: Rock On / SS 4 Player
Features: IPDB: "Rock On' may be the first solid state game put into production by any manufacturer."
Month/Year: September 1975
Cost: $275
Contact/Link: grandrapids.craigslist.org link

Condition: "She Does not work reliably, but would be great to fix up, great art!! She's 40 years old and she can be quirky. My husband says sell her, so she's for sale."

#7721 1 year ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Manufacturer: Premier/Gottlieb
Game/Type: Hollywood Heat / SS System 80B, 4 Player
Month/Year: June 1986
Production: 3,400
Cost: $675
Contact/Link: cleveland.craigslist.org link
Condition: "Very nice pinball only proplem is the translate has a crack across the middle."

Can anyone grab that for me and then I’ll make a trip?!

#7722 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

If....I.....was.....

I was tempted but don't know the value of the 3/4 evel fixed.

Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Well 2 3/4 games anyways....Evel home edition

Exactly,The ad is still on , I'm gonna offer him $600,see what happens.

#7723 1 year ago
Quoted from pinostalgia:

I was tempted but don't know the value of the 3/4 evel fixed.

Quoted from pinostalgia:

Exactly,The ad is still on , I'm gonna offer him $600,see what happens.

The 3/4 Evel is at least an Evel. It could always be worse...like Alive. Let us know what happens!

#7724 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

The 3/4 Evel is at least an Evel. It could always be worse...like Alive. Let us know what happens!

But getting it going will probably cost more than it can sell for. BTW, the flippers are ALWAYS active on those Bally Home models. So, it sounds to me like a bad MPU.

John at John's Jukes has come up with a replacement IC but only for the second generation MPU board.

https://www.flippers.com/catalog/product_info.php/replacement-bally-home-pinballs-p-2797

That only covers Fireball, Galaxy Ranger and Captain Fantastic Home models.

The Atari Space Riders can be just as much of a costly challenge. The only value I see there is the Firepower with new MPU PCB.

#7725 1 year ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

John at John's Jukes has come up with a replacement IC but only for the second generation MPU board.
https://www.flippers.com/catalog/product_info.php/replacement-bally-home-pinballs-p-2797

Good info Jack...thanks. I have a Captain Fantastic homey I have to start fiddling around with at some point. Want to add it to my daughter's line up.

#7726 1 year ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

I contacted him about the replacement for the older system and he said by this year.
I hope so because I have a Fireball that has been sitting for too many years.

#7727 1 year ago

Several months ago I started watching an Ebay auction for an EK home model. It was NOT advertised as the lesser home model. Whoever did the auction write up had some professional experience at ad writing as the writing was very polished. It was so polished that that home model EK (it was in nice condition) sold for $2200.00 !! Somebody got bent over hard on that one.

#7728 1 year ago

Game/Type: Playball / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: April, 1971
Production: 3,076
Cost: $200
Contact/Link: indianapolis.craigslist.org link

Condition: "needs cord the cord has a bad spot in it"

#7729 1 year ago

Game/Type: Xenon / SS AS-2518-35, 4 Player
Month/Year: November 1979
Production: 11,000
Cost: $950
Contact/Link: jerseyshore.craigslist.org link

Condition: "Needs Repair."

#7730 1 year ago

Game/Type: Soccer /EM 2 Player
Month/Year: March 1975
Production: 2,900
Cost: $300
Contact/Link: philadelphia.craigslist.org link

Condition: "Selling a Gottlieb Soccer EM project machine last week - I was excited to work on it but now need to move it back out to make room for a new project. Machine powers up and loads a ball, but will need some switch adjusting and score reel work. This is easy to work on if you learn about the logic flows of an EM and/or good at watching youtube tutorials.

Playfield in good shape with fresh rubbers."

#7731 1 year ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

I contacted him about the replacement for the older system and he said by this year.

Good to hear, I just sent him an email also to let him know I'd be interested in purchasing one if they are released.

IMAG0055 (resized).jpg

#7732 1 year ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Fireball is the 2nd generation, which he has available now.

Quoted from Apinplayer:

Good to hear, I just sent him an email also to let him know I'd be interested in purchasing one if they are released.

That's awesome!! Glad someone on here grabbed them.

#7733 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Fireball is the 2nd generation, which he has available now.

Yes! that is the late release. Bally made three generations of the Fireball pinball.
I need the one that takes three CPU IC in order to work.

#7734 1 year ago

Game/Type: Target Pool / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: June 1969
Production: 2,425
Cost: $450 OBO
Pinsider: petetomaszek
Contact/Link: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/59729

Game/Type: High Hand / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: July 1973
Production: 4,950
Cost: $650 OBO
Pinsider: petetomaszek
Link/Contact: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/59730

#7735 1 year ago

May or maybe not a project but check out this estate sale.

https://www.estatesales.net/NJ/Hawthorne/07506/1782237?highlight=Pinball

Royale Rumble in Jersey today I believe.

rr1 (resized).jpg

#7736 1 year ago

1947 Humpty Dumpty with quite a few pics for $550 in AL:

huntsville.craigslist.org link

#7737 1 year ago
Quoted from Pecos:

I'm looking forward to seeing your new product. Please post it here when you are ready to announce it.

pecos, things have gone a little bit out-of-order related to the product release, but if you're into Skee Ball I opened my Kickstarter campaign for replacement score and ball count boards. My machine had the mini-bulb displays... no longer! Now it has my new LED boards and they work great so I've decided to take them to market. Here's the link to the live project:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2111218102/skee-ball-display-pcbs-redesigned?ref=e36051

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Williams system 3-7 sound board potentiometer solutions

#7738 1 year ago
Quoted from nman:

1947 Humpty Dumpty with quite a few pics

Is it all in one piece?

Work blocks CL and FB

#7739 1 year ago

Game/Type: Bank Shot / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: July 1973
Production: 730
Cost: $500
Link/Contact: appleton.craigslist.org link

#7740 1 year ago

The incredibly rare Vidiot Deluxe board for Granny and the Gators

Best offer or full/partial trade for other interesting or rare items.

Archived after 13 days
Sold (amount undisclosed)
Contributed to Pinside
Parts - For Sale
Used, good condition “Here is a Bally Vidiot Deluxe board for a Granny & the Gators. It fully boots on the bench (it gets all the LED flashes). This is an incredibly rare board that does not surfa...”
2018-04-23
Ballston Spa, NY

#7741 1 year ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Is it all in one piece?

Work blocks CL and FB

It is all in one piece except the legs are not attached.

Here is what the seller (who has owned it for 29 years !! ) says:

The machine was in working condition when I got it in 1989. In one of my moves, the clear glass over the area you play was broken and the cord was cut. The backlit scoring board is intact. I have the legs, but am not able to lift the machine myself to put them on. The pictures show the machine on the floor. I had someone look at it and they said it could easily be fixed, probably just needs new cords and some rubberband type things. If you know anything about pinball machines, you probably know what I mean.

#7742 1 year ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Manufacturer: Chicago Coin
Game/Type: Pirate Gold / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: January 1969
Cost: $200 Reduced from $300
Contact/Link: chicago.craigslist.org link Condition: " I replaced the rubber and some burned out light bulbs but no other repairs made. Game is complete, untouched, and mostly working but needs some TLC. Great winter project."

**Price reduced to $175**
chicago.craigslist.org link

#7743 1 year ago

Sometimes when I am searching for Project Pins across this great nation, I run into something curious and I like to post them here. This one might take the cake!

Warning! NSFW!

OP: "giant inflatable penis will trade for pinball machine - $5000 (chicago)
will trade a slightly used inflatable penis for a pinball machine
would love a Adams family let me know what you have"

What does "slightly used" mean???

chicago.craigslist.org link

#7744 1 year ago

Game/Type: Soccer Kick-Off / EM Woodrail 1 Player
Month/Year: March 1958
Features: "A version of Williams' 1958 'Kick-Off' likely for export." IPDB
Cost: $325
Contact/Link: baltimore.craigslist.org link

Condition: "Restore or for parts. Sports themed pinball machine in need of some TLC. The game is complete with the exception of the wood lock down bar. The backglass is presentable and iconic of the late 1950's. The playfield has wear, but the plastic set is in beautiful shape. The paint on the cabinet is average for its' age. The back of the cabinet has a bad piece and should be replaced."

#7745 1 year ago

Game/Type: Millionaire / SS System 11A 4 Player
Month/Year: January 1987
Production: 3,500
Cost: $650
Contact/Link: oklahomacity.craigslist.org link

Condition: "This machine has new LED displays ($400) but otherwise needs some TLC. This machine does boot and start a game, but some of the solenoids don't work (flippers and some others). The playfield shows that it has had a lot of play over the years, but if you're looking for a solid project to bring back to full glory, this machine will fit the bill."

#7746 1 year ago
Quoted from Pecos:

will trade a slightly used inflatable penis for a pinball machine

Just when you think you have seen it all...

#7747 1 year ago

I think that was made to make fun of this guy in the Midwest that keeps trying to trade a giant clown balloon for a pin

#7748 1 year ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Soccer Kick-Off / EM Woodrail 1 Player
Month/Year: March 1958
Features: "A version of Williams' 1958 'Kick-Off' likely for export." IPDB
Cost: $325
Contact/Link: baltimore.craigslist.org link
Condition: "Restore or for parts. Sports themed pinball machine in need of some TLC. The game is complete with the exception of the wood lock down bar. The backglass is presentable and iconic of the late 1950's. The playfield has wear, but the plastic set is in beautiful shape. The paint on the cabinet is average for its' age. The back of the cabinet has a bad piece and should be replaced."

Mike is a good guy, picked up my Sky Divers from him. Damn shame the playfield is rough on that Kick-Off pin.

#7749 1 year ago

Game/Type: Hardbody / SS System 6803, 4 Player
Month/Year: March 1987
Production: 2,000

Game/Type: Road Kings / SS System 11, 4 Player
Month/Year: July 1986
Production: 5,500

Manufacturer: Premier / Gottlieb
Game/Type: Arena / SS 80B, 4 Player
Month/Year: June 1987
Production: 3,099

Cost: $750 Each
Contact/Link: philadelphia.craigslist.org link

Condition: "The machines are in various degrees of working"

#7750 1 year ago

This Hang Glider for $500 posted yet?

smd.craigslist.org link

-Rob
-check out my Kickstarter at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2111218102/skee-ball-display-pcbs-redesigned?ref=e36051
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Williams system 3-7 sound board potentiometer solutions

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
There are 13676 posts in this topic. You are on page 155 of 274.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside