Topic Stats

• 14,144 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Captive_Ball
  • Topic is favorited by 419 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,167 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190906_135536 (resized).jpg
20190906_135546 (resized).jpg
20190906_140725-1 (resized).jpg
01B6FA2A-3BE0-46A2-AE70-8AE34EE6A39A (resized).jpeg
6B6C64D6-4C94-4514-A893-8F913E58B26F (resized).jpeg
20190910_143537 (resized).jpg
20190907_145622 (resized).jpg
20190909_135300 (resized).jpg
20190903_151243 (resized).jpg
20190901_235037 (resized).jpg
Message_1567399830129 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2019-09-01-23-47-34 (resized).png
Tropicana (resized).JPG
Meteor (resized).JPG
3 Jokers (resized).jpg
1676EF9A-3E8D-4D3C-8E7E-5BF4973AAD29 (resized).jpeg

There are 14144 posts in this topic. You are on page 150 of 283.
#7451 1 year ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

I must admit...I'm still trying to figure-out this post. Ha-ha!
ZNET, were you hittin' the New Year's Eve juice a little early?
Also loved this one...
Lookin' forward to more in 2018!

Well, I guess that the joke fell flat. It's a homage to the infamous Billy Bush Hollywood Access videotape and the fact that Colson is known for "grabbing" games. When you're famous, they let you grab things, like Bad Cats or similarly-named anatomical disparagements.

#7452 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Paid my son $ 20 to keep the secret.

This just keeps getting better and better. LOL!

Quoted from ZNET:

Colson is known for "grabbing" games.

No way, Z! Colson treats his games with RESPECT!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-vampire-restoration-input-suggestions-welcome

#7453 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

I said it before...it's all about timing...and having an accomplice
CL ad pops up on Monday. Ask for pics and agree to buy Monday night. Wife teaches class on Tues night and gets home by 8:15. Worked my schedule backwards to leave work early, race an hour north to pickup, head back to grab takeout dinner and get home by 8:00 with just enough time to get it moved to basement where she will never notice it amongst all the others. Paid my son $ 20 to keep the secret. This was a week AFTER buying the 2 games in Boston but BEFORE disclosing to the wife.

Unfortunately, Amigo has taken a backseat to Cosmos. Cabinet has cleaned up quite nice...it was the same yellow as the head.

You da man!
I thought I had this one in the bag, but it got sold before I could make contact.
had the cash in hand, wife was out of town. My only problem was where to stash it. I already have three at a buddy's warehouse, one in my storage shed, & I'm working on another on my garage. I suppose that I could have thrown the cloak of invisibility over it in the garage -- (a nasty old blanket that my wife will not touch) -- that works pretty well, but you gotta have room for that & with all of the Xmas stuff already out in there it would have been tight.

#7454 1 year ago

Just wanted to wish everybody a Happy New Year! and that you find that perfect pinball project.

#7455 1 year ago
Quoted from ZNET:

RYAN: “Sheesh, that game is hot as sh**. With the purple powder coat."
COLSON: “Whoa! Yes! Whoa!”
RYAN: “Yes! The Colson has scored. Whoa, my man!”
[pinball cross talk]
RYAN: “It better not be a reimport. No it’s a domestic game, it’s”
COLSON: “Yeah that’s a Bad Cats with the gold legs. I better bring some ratchet wrenches, in case I start wanting to unscrew her. You know, I’m automatically attracted to beautiful clearcoats. . .I just start road tripping them. It’s like a magnet. Just road trip. I don’t even wait. And when you’re Colson, they let you do it. You can do anything."
RYAN: “Whatever you want.”
COLSON: “Grab them by the coin door.. You can do anything.”

I usually hate political humor, but this is clever and funny as hell.
Didn’t even realize what it was until I got to the end. That’s too damn funny.

#7456 1 year ago

Price dropped to $1,000:

Quoted from JAG94:

This is my machine, feel free to shoot me a PM with any questions.
Link: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/58461

Price dropped to $400:

Quoted from JAG94:

Game: Bronco
Manufacturer: Gottlieb
Type: EM 4 Player
Cost: $500 or 0.036 Bitcoin (BTC)
Pinsider: JAG94
Link: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/58345
This is my machine, feel free to PM me with any questions.

#7457 1 year ago

Game/Type: Wild Wild West / EM 2 Player
Month/Year: August 1969
Production: 1,350
Cost: $200
Contact/Link: stlouis.craigslist.org link

Condition: "Working pinball machine for sale. Purchased about 3 years ago and haven't really touched it. Been mostly collecting dust. It's fully operational."

#7458 1 year ago

Manufacturer: Bally
Game/Type: Space Time / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: September 1972
Production: 5,000
Cost: $400
Contact/Link: charlotte.craigslist.org link

Condition: "nice machine needs to be worked on all there"

#7459 1 year ago
Quoted from Pecos:

"nice machine needs to be worked on all there"

....except that big hole in the middle of the playfield

#7460 1 year ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Wild Wild West / EM 2 Player

Cost: $200
Condition: "Working pinball machine for sale.
It's fully operational."

If this is all true (I'd be surprised if it were...but we all know these things can be fixed) this sounds like a steal. Here's hoping one of us is in St. Louis!

#7461 1 year ago

Contacted the seller of the Wild Wild West. Hope its still for sale. Hopefully A friend can pick it up.

#7462 1 year ago

Game: Pokerino
Manufacturer: Williams
Type: SS - 4 Player
Cost: $450
Link/Contact: providence.craigslist.org link

OP: pokerino pinball good cond nice backglass. untested looks like driver board needs repair

Pic (resized).jpg

#7463 1 year ago

Game: Lucky Ace
Manufacturer: Williams
Type: EM 1 Player
Cost: $350
Link/Contact: newhaven.craigslist.org link

OP: 1974 Very cool pinball game, has worked very well but currently needs
some attention. There are inexpensive parts avail on ebay. Retails for 700 if working.Have schematics/paperwork.

No photos on listing.

#7464 1 year ago

Game: Space Riders
Manufacturer: Atari
Cost: $600

OP: Selling a Atari space riders in working condition. One pop bumper coil is missing but mount and switches are there. the lock down bar is missing, last owner couldn't find it. Glass is in good shape. Playing field and back glass is in nice shape , needs new rubbers and a good cleaning . Scoring displays, roll overs, drop targets all work and so does the sound. Asking $600 as/is

Space Raiders (resized).jpg

#7465 1 year ago

Firepower backlass, in case anyone needs one to finish a project!

boston.craigslist.org link

Foxboro, MA $50.

Firepower (resized).jpg

#7466 1 year ago

Very nice looking Gusher near St. Louis for $800.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2038882596386589

7ADE4870-F978-455C-BA69-10245F93106B (resized).png

#7467 1 year ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

Game: Space Riders
Manufacturer: Atari
Cost: $600
OP: Selling a Atari space riders in working condition. One pop bumper coil is missing but mount and switches are there. the lock down bar is missing, last owner couldn't find it. Glass is in good shape. Playing field and back glass is in nice shape , needs new rubbers and a good cleaning . Scoring displays, roll overs, drop targets all work and so does the sound. Asking $600 as/is

A shame that the lockbar is missing. Those are notoriously difficult to track down.

#7468 1 year ago

Game/Type: Evel Knievel / SS 4 Player
Month/Year: June 1977
Production: 14,000
Cost: $650
Contact/Link: sandiego.craigslist.org link

Condition: "Bought this game hoping to fix it. Just haven't had time and it's taking up space. I was told one of the flippers doesn't work due to a burnt molex connector. Easy fix. Comes with manual and coin box. Great project. $650"

#7469 1 year ago

Game: Red Baron
Manufacturer: Chicago Coin
Type: EM 2 Player
Cost: $300

Link: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/326080057873681

OP: Needs Work

74CB5007-04DE-46E6-8C0D-911A09548B6E (resized).jpeg

#7470 1 year ago
Quoted from hodgesm0:

Game/Type: Evel Knievel / SS 4 Player
Month/Year: June 1977
Production: 14,000
Cost: $650
Contact/Link: sandiego.craigslist.org link
Condition: "Bought this game hoping to fix it. Just haven't had time and it's taking up space. I was told one of the flippers doesn't work due to a burnt molex connector. Easy fix. Comes with manual and coin box. Great project. $650"

Backglass is cracked

#7471 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Backglass is cracked

The guy has been trying to get rid of it for a while. The game was posted here and there.
It 's supposed to be electronically possessed.

#7472 1 year ago

austin.craigslist.org link

LOTR $2500

was a little late on this one, seems like there is always someone on the scene first.
to bad fun game, the only one near me is always broken.

#7473 1 year ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

LOTR $2500
was a little late on this one, seems like there is always someone on the scene first.

Wow that was a steal. Deals like that pop up occasionally but you’ll have to call within 10 minutes of posting to have a shot. Of course that’s assuming they don’t turn into auctions.

#7474 1 year ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

Wow that was a steal. Deals like that pop up occasionally but you’ll have to call within 10 minutes of posting to have a shot. Of course that’s assuming they don’t turn into auctions.

Awesome deal.

That's like the one that showed up at a consignment store in Indianapolis. They posted a LOTR online for 3k. I called them immedaitely and said I would take it. She said, "OK, I'll need to get some paperwork together and call you back." 10 minutes later she called to let me know, "We've got a ton of calls about this game. We called the cosigner and they wanted us to put 6k for the price. Do you still want it?"

I was not happy.

#7475 1 year ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

LOTR $2500

Also a RCT for 2500

Jeez those are deals

#7476 1 year ago

It's your thread, done just for you. So, please join in if you feel so inclined. I will be needing some help from you woodrail experts! Lots of surprises and challenges in store for me!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pecos-gottlieb-1952-queen-of-hearts-restoration

#7477 1 year ago
Quoted from Pecos:

It's your thread, done just for you. So, please join in if you feel so inclined. I will be needing some help from you woodrail experts! Lots of surprises and challenges in store for me!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pecos-gottlieb-1952-queen-of-hearts-restoration

YASSS.gif

...see you over there.

#7478 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Also a RCT for 2500
Jeez those are deals

6 hours later and the ad is gone.

#7479 1 year ago

Manufacturer: Recel S. A., of Madrid, Spain
Game/Type: Check Mate / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: January 1975
Production: Unknown
Cost: $400
Pinsider: paintpins
Contact/Link: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/58547

#7480 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

6 hours later and the ad is gone.

I was surprised it was up more than 20 min Are people using pc/phone apps to monitor posts to get a jump on them?

#7481 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I was surprised it was up more than 20 min Are people using pc/phone apps to monitor posts to get a jump on them?

I personally use my miss Cleo crystal ball, psychic abilities to get the jump on all Craigslist ads. I know ten minutes prior to the ad being posted at which point I call the owner as they are waiting for their blurry pictures to upload to the site.

Seriously though. I use cl email alerts. Sometimes I get the alerts on time. Sometimes they are delayed. Sometimes I don’t even get the alerts at all. Honestly though I don’t know a better method

#7482 1 year ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

It 's supposed to be electronically possessed.

I've heard this many times from early SS owners who don't know that the only way to exorcise all the demons is to replace every connector, male and female.

#7483 1 year ago

I personally use my miss Cleo crystal ball, psychic abilities to get the jump on all Craigslist ads. I know ten minutes prior to the ad being posted at which point I call the owner as they are waiting for their blurry pictures to upload to the site.
Seriously though. I use cl email alerts. Sometimes I get the alerts on time. Sometimes they are delayed. Sometimes I don’t even get the alerts at all. Honestly though I don’t know a better method

You write your own better method to scrape CL, FB, etc. then process, store and notify your mobile. At least that's what I do.

#7484 1 year ago

My son just picked this one up. Looks even better in person and works perfectly. I can't believe it was still available. Must have been because of the holidays.

#7485 1 year ago

CALL ME NOW!

hahhaha man those old ads.

Mmm I'll have to set those up and then look into the scrape/script/coding. I haven't programmed in a while though.

#7486 1 year ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

My son just picked this one up. Looks even better in person and works perfectly. I can't believe it was still available. Must have been because of the holidays.

Thanks for posting the link Nic. My son had a Gusher years ago but had to sell it when he came up short on cash when building a new house. He's been looking for a nice replacement ever since.
A friend of mine had a Gusher back in the mid 60's. He had about 6 other games but Gusher was played daily. Can't wait to put some time on this one.

#7487 1 year ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

Congrats!!
Great machine, great price.

#7488 1 year ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

Quoted from DennisDodel:

Thanks for posting the link Nic. My son had a Gusher years ago but had to sell it when he came up short on cash when building a new house. He's been looking for a nice replacement ever since.
A friend of mine had a Gusher back in the mid 60's. He had about 6 other games but Gusher was played daily. Can't wait to put some time on this one.

So cool! Post some pics when you get some time on it (pretty please)!

#7489 1 year ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

Great game and an even greater price. Nice score!

#7490 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

I'm with you on Amigo. I spotted one on CL last month and was able to get it for $180. Perfect BG, decent cab but playfield has some planking. Had to do a stealth pickup to not jepordize the recent Boston road trip. Missed on 1 before that and passed on 3 others that were overpriced. Stick with it...another will come along.

Well, It DID come around.... I ended up buying it from the guy that beat me to the original listing for $150. Looks complete. Backglass very nice, cabinet solid & paint fair, but usable. Playfield has usual wear but not too bad, plastics good. I peeked in the coin door & saw some cut wires going to what looked like a ball count unit. Nothing I have not dealt with before. Inside head mechanicals all looked good & unmolested.
Love those old Bally 3/16" backglasses - the paint really holds up well on them. I suppose they don't expand & contract as fast as the 1/8" glasses do. I don't know, just a theory...

This will be a nice kid's game, I plan on setting it up as easy as possible. They will get a kick out of the "over the top" light & buzzer.

Currently resides under the "cloak of invisibility" in my garage. Gotta figure a way to tell the wife.

#7491 1 year ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Gotta figure a way to tell the wife.

In situations like this I always wait to get caught.
I see no reason to step in front of the firing squad voluntarily.
By the time she notices, you may have sold another game and then you are ok on the game count.

#7492 1 year ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Currently resides under the "cloak of invisibility" in my garage. Gotta figure a way to tell the wife.

"Oh that? That's always been there."

#7493 1 year ago

Absolutely.
While woman may be better at matching colors they do not seem nearly as good at remembering cabinet art.

#7494 1 year ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

"Oh that? That's always been there."

Called the "statute of limitation" -- 6~8 months is about right...

#7495 1 year ago
Quoted from dasvis:

The nasty looking sheet is my official cloaking device, she won't touch it!

Called the "statute of limitation" -- 6~8 months is about right...

cloak (resized).jpg

#7496 1 year ago

Classic

#7498 1 year ago

Includes Pac-Man arcade game!

Game/Type: Sunset / EM 2 Player
Month/Year: November 1962
Production: 2,275
Cost: $500 For both
Contact/Link: terrehaute.craigslist.org link

Condition: Backglass in poor shape. OP: "bumper rubbers on it a few years ago, not been used since then, most of it works, some lights don't and a couple of the striker/counters don't, use it like it is or restore. Bally pac man game, use to work, very slow at coming on, now only works when it wants to. Needs restored."

#7499 1 year ago

This looks pretty good, actually! Nicescore for $100!

#7500 1 year ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Includes Pac-Man arcade game!
Game/Type: Sunset / EM 2 Player
Month/Year: November 1962
Production: 2,275
Cost: $500 For both
Contact/Link: terrehaute.craigslist.org link
Condition: Backglass in poor shape. OP: "bumper rubbers on it a few years ago, not been used since then, most of it works, some lights don't and a couple of the striker/counters don't, use it like it is or restore. Bally pac man game, use to work, very slow at coming on, now only works when it wants to. Needs restored."

Wow that’s a pretty good deal coming with a Pac-Man! I would totally jump on this! Sounds like it needs a cap kit.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 19.95
There are 14144 posts in this topic. You are on page 150 of 283.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside