IMG_0085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0108 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0145 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
427544480_438001162096613_4726558780365908600_n (resized).jpg
432351887_946619277018071_8910572839030189925_n (resized).jpg
20231211_183040 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 26,077 posts in this topic. You are on page 147 of 522.
#7301 6 years ago

Manufacturer: Williams
Game/Type: Vagabond / EM AAB 1 Player
Features: IPDB: 'Vagabond' is the first pinball machine to have a drop target of the familiar type where the entire target dropped into the playfield when struck by the ball. A different type of drop target appeared earlier on Gottlieb's 1951 'Minstrel Man' and Gottlieb's 1951 'Wild West'.
Month/Year: October 1962
Production: 600 (!)
Cost: "...to be offered for auction New Year's Day Monday Jan. 1, 2018 10:00 a.m."
Contact/Link: boise.craigslist.org link

Condition: Looks pretty nice. See Pics.

#7302 6 years ago

Game: Lucky Sevens
Type: SS - 4 Player
Month/Year: Jan 1978
Production: 4.253
Cost: $500/BO
Link/Contact: chicago.craigslist.org link

OP: Williams lucky Seven pinball machine 1970's lights up but not sure if it works been sitting for while, $500 OBO

Lucky (resized).jpgLucky (resized).jpg

#7303 6 years ago

Game: Charlies Angels
Manufacturer: Gottlieb
Production: November, 1978
Cost: $400/BO
Link to ad: lancaster.craigslist.org link

Nice early solid state pinball game. Worked fine until one day it wouldn't play. Might be blown fuse. Easy out ground floor. Has usual wear on backglass and playfield though very presentable. $400 or BO.

#7304 6 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

Game: Charlies Angels
Production: November, 1978
Cost: $400/BO
Link to ad: lancaster.craigslist.org link
Nice early solid state pinball game. Worked fine until one day it wouldn't play. Might be blown fuse. Easy out ground floor. Has usual wear on backglass and playfield though very presentable. $400 or BO.

I saw that one before...I love the "might be blown fuse", but yet he didn't try to replace it and left the game just sitting not functional for how long? Not a game I'm really interested in, but would probably grab it if not for the flaking on the BG, and the PF has some wear and looks like it may have some pretty significant planking. If it worked with those aesthetic issues...that would make a difference. Maybe some chap will grab it to revive it.

ZNET......do you have a Charlie's Angels glass laying around?

#7305 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Bawooha haaaaa

#7306 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I love you too, man, but I've exhausted my good Samaritan-i-ness for the year. Not to mention, you've probably got another couple thousand project posts to make before you catch up with Pecos.

...but, you know...IF IT WERE CLOSER!!! Ha-ha! (In all seriousness, Colsond3, I miss you around here.)

#7307 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I'm always glad to see dog-eared games being rescued and brought back to life. A lot of people have participated in this thread, and a lot of games have been rescued. It seemed like it would be fun to see our top project pin enthusiast greeted with a little holiday cheer with something for his own project.

Merry Christmas--have fun with your project, Pecos

Thank you ForceFlow for the kind words and gift. It's always nice to have a moderator in your corner and participating in this thread.

Quoted from gdonovan:

It was a pleasure to help out in some small way Pecos, your enthusiasm and help to all is refreshing and to be emulated.

THANK YOU!

Gary Donovan

@gdonovan, when I see pics of your gameroom it reminds me of the Pecos Palatial Pinball Parlour! A little bit of this and a little bit of that and from the same era as my pins. I hope we can find a few more for you! Thanks for your helping fund the backglass - another reason to think of you when opening up the PPPP.

Quoted from rkahr:

... Even with "brain not working normally from joy" a class act all the way! I do a lot more reading than writing on Pinside and I've noticed the threads I follow most typically have a terrific person (or persons) behind them... rotordave and his travel threads (new one active right now!). pinballrockstar and his Pinball Amigos threads (Crazy Mansion is a blast). Several of the show threads, but certainly labnip with TPF (quiet lately). And, I keep up on this thread pretty much daily even though I'm not actively in the market for games - it may be my most visited thread (obviously I monitor my threads where I introduce products closely as well).

So back about 50 pages ago the deal I couldn't pass up showed up in this thread... https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/post-project-pins-for-sale-here-cl-ebay-pinside-and-others/page/105#post-3790745 . It's still not 100% but it's now a very playable game with a Max2K clear coated PF. And, (spoiler alert...) in the near future I'll be releasing a new product directly related to owning and working on that machine that I Crispin (resized).jpgCrispin (resized).jpgthink will be applicable to a few other games from that era.

About a month ago I went to an estate sale just a few miles from my office to check out a game - I never would have known about the sale or the game without this thread and the volunteer army led by pecos that somehow seems to constantly keep it current. I've posted a few leads, but it's rare that I see something before this army.

I've shared links from this thread with my siblings (Texas and North Carolina) encouraging them to jump into the hobby with a project game. No triggers pulled on those opportunities, but Texas seems to be gaining interest!

So, Merry Christmas from all of us, pecos, everyone who reads/monitors this thread. And thunderous applause for ryanclaytor for being our collective arms, legs, and brains on this one!

-Rob
-new at http://www.kahr.us - Williams system 3-6 display glass brackets!

I always enjoy hearing about the Project Pins found on this thread and I really enjoyed reading your story. I'm looking forward to seeing your new product. Please post it here when you are ready to announce it. So, is that Monte Carlo this thread helped you find the Bally version or the Gottlieb/Premier version? Just curious because I have the Gottlieb/Premier version. I am honored that you helped to donate to the Queen of Hearts backglass fund! Thanks @rkahr!

Quoted from Colsond3:

My pleasure to contribute Pecos! "Colson5" is my gift-giving alter ego, and always happy to help out! (just kidding Ryan)

You deserve it Pecos, you contribute a ton on here, and have saved several games from pending doom. If my circumstances weren't what they are right now, I certainly would have contributed even more. Enjoy the glass and the holidays, and glad that we could bring you some pinball joy.

Thank you for your contribution to the backglass. Let me remind others who are new here about this:

Ryan Colsonisms (resized).jpgRyan Colsonisms (resized).jpg

@Colson3, @Colson5 when gifting others, would you please find a pin you want but is too far away and do it again. Pretty please? Just for old times sake? It's good to see you posting here again.

Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Merry Christmas Pecos....I feel honored to have my name associated with your new backglass...can't wait to see your updated pictures

@Captive_Ball, you have been posting Project Pins here longer than anyone else. There is a lot to be said for consistency and perseverance. I am honored that you were part of this conspiracy! Gato, my cat, has this wonderful habit of yowling until I let her out for food and water - at 4:00 AM! I always check the thread when she wakes me up. when I see a post this early the first thing I think is, Captive_Ball is posting more Project Pins! You of all people deserve part of the praise that others have bestowed upon me.

Rafter Cat Gato in action:

You have also posted TWO OXOs. Anyone who posts an OXO is extra special in my book! Especially since the supply has seemingly dried up.

Captive_Ball Project Pin Superstar (resized).pngCaptive_Ball Project Pin Superstar (resized).png

You, sir, are a Project Pin Superstar!

Quoted from SkyKing2301:

You're welcome, Pecos. While I haven't successfully scored a treasure specifically from this list yet, I have investigated a few and am always hunting for more -- so your constant contributions will no doubt eventually pay off for me as they have for many others. Keep up the great work and enjoy your new glass!

@SkyKing2301, I will have to work extra hard to find a Project Pin just for you. I would hate to leave you out of all of the fun restoring one of these marvelous machines! Note to self. Look extra hard for Project Pins in Florida for SkyKing2301. Thank you for your support!

Quoted from bingopodcast:

Thank you for all that you do, Pecos. You have helped me and my oddball custom games quite a lot. If I can help in any way with any of your projects, never hesitate to let me know!

@bingopodcast, I'm very happy to be a small part of your Robo Frenzy project arcade EM. I restore them. You build them. That is just crazy awesome. I'm so glad that you can provide your bingo expertise here on the Project Pin thread. Not necessary, but so pleased that your name is on the list.

Quoted from Crispin:

Merry Christmas Pecos! I was honored to be included in helping someone who has helped so many others in our community, (thanks Ryan!). I love the "possibility" feeling I get when I read that the next thing you post. I hope you enjoy reviving your Queen!!

Crispin

I will enjoy restoring the Queen. Thanks to you for helping to make my Christmas so special!

Crispin (resized).jpgCrispin (resized).jpg

Take her to the latest Star Wars movie and maybe she will say "This might be the pin you are looking for." May the Force be with you!

Quoted from too-many-pins:

One of the few post I visit on a daily bases. I really don't need anymore machines but I can't resist following what is out there for sale and your efforts have made it easy to watch "project" machines from all over the country without spending hours searching them out. Great job to you and everyone who post here.

Topics like this and a bunch of guys working together is what a hobby should be about. Sadly there are way to few of these type topics and way too many "what will be the next new machine released" or "which LED's should I use in these machines" type post here on Pinside. Not everyone has tens of thousands of dollars to toss at a hobby!

Great work & it was my pleasure to be part of this little THANK YOU for you!

@too-many-pins, I alway smile when I see you posting here. It reminds me of the Monty Python sketch of Mr. Smoke Too Much.

I really don't need anymore machines but I can't resist following what is out there for sale

Hope I am not an 'enabler'! Your Pinside name is appropriate for me too, after two and a half years of finding Project Pins I have too many, but can't resist looking for more! Your "little THANK YOU" is big in my book.

Quoted from NicoVolta:

Merry Christmas Pecos! It was great to meet you on the pinball tour & thanks for keeping the spotlight on the good deals. I've certainly found a few this way.

@NicoVolta, I'm so glad that I was able to meet you here at Pecos' Palatial Pinball Parlour. I had no idea I had so many Norm Clark designed pins here. You are becoming such a popular celebrity spreading the word how to repair Project Pins that I might have to start regarding you as a VIP! Glad you hang out here. You will have to return one day to the PPPP to see, in person, how you helped put the Queen back on her feet again.

Here is what I mean about our very own NicoVolta reaching celebrity status:

Quoted from NicoVolta:

The pinball tour hit CBS this evening... and some of you are in it! Thanks much to Scott Jarrell of CBS KTVT for putting the piece together and Shawn Christian (dallaspinball) for hosting from his pinball collection!

Being interview by channel 7 in Roanoke, Virginia:

http://www.wdbj7.com/content/news/Texas-man-stops-in-Roanoke-on-Great-North-American-Pinball-Tour-454784163.html

Keep spreading the pinball joy, Nic!

Quoted from AlexF:

Congratulations Pecos! It's fun to see a nice guy fix up a great game. Nice to be a small part of it. Pinball friends are the best. Very thoughtful of Ryan to put this together.

@AlexF, I often check to say who has up-voted my posts and more often than not, I see that classic convertible. I am grateful for that and for the present that will help bring this ole Queen back to life. Project Pin friends are awesome!

Quoted from Cheddar:

Merry Christmas Pecos, thanks for all you do

Thanks @Cheddar. And thanks for the Project Pins you have posted here. Did you get that Vector working?

Quoted from Ballypin:

Merry Christmas Pecos ! I am honored to be able to help in a small way with your backglass gift. Thanks again for what seems to be a tireless search to give these games a chance to live again.

Thanks also to Ryan for making this all happen. I enjoyed reading his travel journey from MI to MA to pickup his grail Bally Hay Ride so much that I decided a similar trip would be cool. So, when I read a pinside ad in Boston for a Bally Dogies that was posted in this thread, my brain went into overdrive. I was able to secure the game plus another game to make the 2,000 mile trip interesting. The 2 day trip kicks off next week and I plan to document the journey here.

Darrin

@Ballypin, I don't find as many Bally Project Pins as I would like. They are becoming harder to find. Thank you, Darrin, for helping make this backglass a new part of Pecos' Palatial Pinball Parlour. What Bally pins, in particular, are you looking for?

Congrats on picking up the Dogies! That is such an awesome looking game and it has Zipper Flippers! I'm looking forward to reading about your adventure to return this to your gameroom. I lived for quite a while in Forestville, just east of Cincinnati. So I envy your ability to eat a La Rosa's pizza or a Skyline 3-Way!

Quoted from fingersport:

Well I'm late as usual. This thread is in my top 5 on pinside. They all relate to EM's, games, parts and restorations. So far no deals struck but I know it will happen. Not to many project games in the midwest. (Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas and northers Missouri) Thanks to everyone who lists games but especially Pecos. Enjoy that new backglass on your restored game. Glad I could be part of saying thanks. Don (fingersport)

@fingersport, I have to admit that I had to look up your post on this thread. You may be last but you are not least. For those who don't know, fingersport is incognito as Don Bosworth of Pinballs on the Move. Are you still shipping pins? We need a Pinball on the Move out here in the southwest!

Thanks for helping get this Queen of Hearts backglass transported from New Jersey to Arizona.

Matesamo
You began posting Project Pins a year ago and you have helped keep this thread active. Thank you! Lately, you have been posting even more. Is it a coincidence that he began posting Project Pins more often about the same time that bluespin left? I hope you know how much I appreciate your Project Pin posts. Well, if you didn't, you do now! Your contribution to the 'Buy Pecos a Queen of Hearts Backglass Project' is just icing on the cake. Thanks!

@cyroute, I am a bit embarrassed that I wouldn't remember you, especially after seeing your name on the list of those who gave to 'The Perfect Christmas Gift.' As Grand Pooh Bah of the Project Pin thread, may I officially welcome you to the cavalcade of pins needing some TLC!! Please feel free to join in as you see fit.

@SergioJ, hope to see you posting here more often. Thank you for taking the time and money to bring the Queen to it's new home.

@Songofsixpence, you have been here forever! You post Project Pins. You sold a Sky Jump for a song. You sold it to Otaku!

Songofsixpence and Otaku (resized).pngSongofsixpence and Otaku (resized).png

And that wasn't the only one. You also posted a Black Belt, a Southern Belle and a Mr. & Mrs. Pac-Man. You picked up a Torch and kindly shared pics of it here for us to ogle. You do it all and yet you still wanted to do more by gifting me. Awesomeness in action! Thank you for all you do!

@nascarrey, you wanted to contribute AFTER the backglass had been delivered! That means a lot to me. Thank you!!

Quoted from alexmogil:

What a wonderful gesture for the person who runs what might be the most entertaining thread on this site. Thanks Pecos!

I like that, @alexmogil. I try to keep it fun here.

Quoted from shimoda:

hit me up next time as I too have benefited from this list, specifically one of bluespin's last posts, the Dragon in KY. It was beautiful (as they usually are but this was particularly like new). Reminds me, it's time to donate to Pinside! Pecos, way to be such an asset to the community. Congratulations on a well-deserved reward.

Now that you mention it @shimoda, I could use three Aztec backglasses, one Honey backglass, for a friend, one Liberty Bell backglass, one Royal Flush backglass, one Spanish Eyes backglass and one Super-Flite backglass. JUST KIDDING. Please, no more surpise backglasses in my future! I will be buying these when I win the lottery. Hmmm. I wonder if bgresto gives a discount for buying in bulk. It was very kind to offer up your gift in advance, but this 'Perfect Christmas Gift' should tide me over for at least five years!

Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

This thread is a daily read for me. While I haven't picked up anything off it yet, I understand it is a great resource. Kudo's to yall who paid Peco's back for all his hard work.

@uncivil_engineer, hope we can find a Project Pin for you soon! I'm surprised you haven't found one yet if you are visiting daily.

Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Im usually a silent observer in this thread but wanted to thank and send congrats to Pecos!
And way to go znet for packing so carefully that beautiful backglass.

To all who contribute to this thread, to pinside and who helped Pecos get a well deserved gift!

@Atari_Daze, thanks for posting Project Pins here. For those of you wondering what his avatar meant:

Quoted from Atari_Daze:

The obvious Atari logo wearing "Maverick" era aviators with the cockpit window from the Millenium Falcom in the background, just something I whipped up, for this site, in photo shop. Some of the things I enjoyed most from days gone by.

Quoted from PinballFever:

I've been lurking while checking this topic almost daily in the vain hope that a project will magically appear in MY area but to no avail yet..... therefore I delurk briefly to wish you a happy holidays Pecos. What a great Xmas gift. I look forward to seeing your game restored.

*Goes back to lurking again!*

Bruce

@PinballFever, Pinside member, Salt Lake City, UT. You have my deepest empathies. I can confirm that you live in the driest Project Pin desert in the contiguous U.S. I pop over at the slc Craigslist ads occasionally, but the dearth of pins is deafening. Nevertheless, I will continue looking for you. Thank you for delurking to tell me that you visit here almost daily and for the warm holiday wishes. Be sure to delurk and share with us if you find a Project Pin in Utah! That would be a major accomplishment that I would like to hear about.

zacaj
You only post Project Pins occasionally, but I think that is because you don't post the ordinary. When you do post, you can be sure that it is a super bargain or something very special. Pay attention if one of the pins that zacaj posts is in your area!

bluespin
You may be gone but you are not forgotten. You have found more than one game for your fellow Pinsiders. I'll say it again, you are always welcome back here! I can only hope that we will see you again. You posted the last OXO. Did you know that OXO is my favorite pin? Just Kidding! Of course you know!

Quoted from bluespin:

If you have been thinking abut buying @pecos a Christmas present for running this thread, but you aren't sure what to get him....here is a suggestion!
Game/Type: OXO / EM....Coffee Table
Year: October, 1973
Production: 7,053
Cost: $250
Link/Contact: philadelphia.craigslist.org link OP: Custom made..Does not work but lights can be installed inside.cash only

There are others, many others, too many to list here. I may have posted the most Project Pins, but this thread wouldn't be much of a thread without all of you who post Project Pins here and participate with your comments.

@CactusJack, for example, posts a wealth of knowledge. I always learn something from the information that he so generously shares with us. I will be looking for a Doodle Bug and NOT a Dipsy Doodle because of the information that CactusJack provided.

I wish I could give each of you a gift. For now, the Project Pins I post will have to do. Each time I post I hope that one of you will grab one of these old pins so you can experience the joy of bringing one of them back to life. God willing, I plan to continue to post Project Pins that I find. I will only stop posting if it starts to feel too much like work!

And finally, the two who colluded to bring this surprise to fruition:

@ZNET, I was so surprised and thankful when you offered to sell me your original Queen of Hearts backglass for such a nice price. I considered myself very fortunate to have found one so quickly and in such incredible condition. But that wasn't enough! You wanted to pay for shipping! I said that wasn't necessary and that it was more than enough that you were selling the backglass to me and no one else. I asked you to ship it after the holidays. Packages get thrown around a bit more at this time of the year and I wanted this package to arrive safely with the greatest of care. You said that you would get back to me after Christmas. So, I thought something might be up when you asked me for my mailing address before Christmas. I thought that 'something' was you paying for the shipping! So, it was a big surprise when I read Ryan's post stating that so many Project Pinsiders had just paid for the backglass, shipping and all. Yes, it was a huge surprise, just like you 'collusionists' planned it!

@RyanClaytor. What can I say?? I could easily write a thousand words about what your participation here has meant to me and how much your friendship has meant to me.

There has been this:

And this:

Ryan 1000 posts 1 (resized).jpgRyan 1000 posts 1 (resized).jpg

Ryan 1000 posts 2 (resized).jpgRyan 1000 posts 2 (resized).jpg

Ryan 1000 posts 3 (resized).jpgRyan 1000 posts 3 (resized).jpg

Ryan 1000 posts 4 (resized).jpgRyan 1000 posts 4 (resized).jpg

I did finally find a Project Pin Firepower! That and my Black Knight are my pride and joy SS pins. You know me too well!

I was really excited for you to see that Paul Bunyan in the back of your Project Pin Hauler.

Ryan Paul Bunyan (resized).jpgRyan Paul Bunyan (resized).jpg

There has been the occasional friendly ribbing of his Williams Jubie:

Ryan Jubie Bashing (resized).jpgRyan Jubie Bashing (resized).jpg

Now every time I get a GIF in reply to one of my posts from Ryan, I say to myself, "Wow! I've been honored with a Ryan Claytor GIF." I think we will trademark your GIFs on this thread - RyanClaytorGIF TM.

And then I see this crazy post just as I was going to bed saying that a surprise gift was on it's way to Pecos' Palatial Pinball Parlour. With friends like you, Ryan, who cares about enemies! This may be the nicest Christmas present I have ever received. And I thank you all - but it was Ryan's fault!

Ryan upvotes (resized).jpgRyan upvotes (resized).jpg

30 up-votes? That's just crazy! By far the most of any post on this thread. And it's no wonder - so well written! In case you haven't noticed yet, you unlocked another rarely seen Pinside accomplishment:

Ryan 10 posts in an hour (resized).jpgRyan 10 posts in an hour (resized).jpg

**WHEW** So many well-wishes from well-wishers. And I didn't even have to croak off to get them!

This may sound crazy, but I feel like part of a family here. That is something special and the best gift of all. All members of my family are invited to Pecos' Palatial Pinball Parlour to see for yourself the beautiful Queen of Hearts backglass that you helped make possible.

Merry Christmas,
Project Pin Grand Pooh Bah "Pecos"

#7308 6 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Thank you Forceflow for the kind words and gift. It's always nice to have a moderator in your corner and participating in this thread.

gdonovan, when I see pics of your gameroom it reminds me of the Pecos Palatial Pinball Parlour! A little bit of this and a little bit of that and from the same era as my pins. I hope we can find a few more for you! Thanks for your helping fund the backglass - another reason to think of you when opening up the PPPP.

I always enjoy hearing about the Project Pins found on this thread and I really enjoyed reading your story. I'm looking forward to seeing your new product. Please post it here when you are ready to announce it. So, is that Monte Carlo this thread helped you find the Bally version or the Gottlieb/Premier version? Just curious because I have the Gottlieb/Premier version. I am honored that you helped to donate to the Queen of Hearts backglass fund! Thanks rkahr!

Thank you for your contribution to the backglass. Let me remind others who are new here about this:

@Colson3, @Colson5 when gifting others, would you please find a pin you want but is too far away and do it again. Pretty please? Just for old times sake? It's good to see you posting here again.

Captive_Ball, you have been posting Project Pins here longer than anyone else. There is a lot to be said for consistency and perseverance. I am honored that you were part of this conspiracy! Gato, my cat, has this wonderful habit of yowling until I let her out for food and water - at 4:00 AM! I always check the thread when she wakes me up. when I see a post this early the first thing I think is, Captive_Ball is posting more Project Pins! You of all people deserve part of the praise that others have bestowed upon me.
» YouTube video
You have also posted TWO OXOs. Anyone who posts an OXO is extra special in my book! Especially since the supply has seemingly dried up.

SkyKing2301, I will have to work extra hard to find a Project Pin just for you. I would hate to leave you out of all of the fun restoring one of these marvelous machines! Note to self. Look extra hard for Project Pins in Florida for SkyKing2301. Thank you for your support!

bingopodcast, I'm very happy to be a small part of your Robo Frenzy project arcade EM. I restore them. You build them. That is just crazy awesome. I'm so glad that you can provide your bingo expertise here on the Project Pin thread. Not necessary, but so pleased that your name is on the list.

Crispin
I will enjoy restoring the Queen. Thanks to you for helping to make my Christmas so special!

Take her to the latest Star Wars movie and maybe she will say "This might be the pin you are looking for." May the Force be with you!

too-many-pins, I alway smile when I see you posting here. It reminds me of the Monty Python sketch of Mr. Smoke Too Much.
» YouTube video

Hope I am not an 'enabler'! Your Pinside name is appropriate for me too, after two and a half years of finding Project Pins I have too many, but can't resist looking for more! Your "little THANK YOU" is big in my book.

NicoVolta, I'm so glad that I was able to meet you here at Pecos' Palatial Pinball Parlour. I had no idea I had so many Norm Clark designed pins here. You are becoming such a popular celebrity spreading the word how to repair Project Pins that I might have to start regarding you as a VIP! Glad you hang out here. You will have to return one day to the PPPP to see, in person, how you helped put the Queen back on her feet again.

AlexF, I often check to say who has up-voted my posts and more often than not, I see that classic convertible. I am grateful for that and for the present that will help bring this ole Queen back to life. Project Pin friends are awesome!

Thanks Cheddar. And thanks for the Project Pins you have posted here. Did you get that Vector working?

Ballypin, I don't find as many Bally Project Pins as I would like. They are becoming harder to find. Thank you, Darrin, for helping make this backglass a new part of Pecos' Palatial Pinball Parlour. What Bally pins, in particular, are you looking for?
Congrats on picking up the Dogies! That is such an awesome looking game and it has Zipper Flippers! I'm looking forward to reading about your adventure to return this to your gameroom. I lived for quite a while in Forestville, just east of Cincinnati. So I envy your ability to eat a La Rosa's pizza or a Skyline 3-Way!

fingersport, I have to admit that I had to look up your post on this thread. You may be last but you are not least. For those who don't know, fingersport is incognito as Don Bosworth of Pinballs on the Move. Are you still shipping pins? We need a Pinball on the Move out here in the southwest!
Thanks for helping get this Queen of Hearts backglass transported from New Jersey to Arizona.

Matesamo
You began posting Project Pins a year ago and you have helped keep this thread active. Thank you! Lately, you have been posting even more. Is it a coincidence that he began posting Project Pins more often about the same time that bluespin left? I hope you know how much I appreciate your Project Pin posts. Well, if you didn't, you do now!
cyroute, I am a bit embarrassed that I wouldn't remember you, especially after seeing your name on the list of those who gave to 'The Perfect Christmas Gift.' As Grand Pooh Bah of the Project Pin thread, may I officially welcome you to the cavalcade of pins needing some TLC!! Please feel free to join in as you see fit.
SergioJ, hope to see you posting here more often. Thank you for taking the time and money to bring the Queen to it's new home.
Songofsixpence, you have been here forever! You post Project Pins. You sold a Sky Jump for a song. You sold it to Otaku!

And that wasn't the only one. You also posted a Black Belt, a Southern Belle and a Mr. & Mrs. Pac-Man. You picked up a Torch and kindly shared pics of it here for us to ogle. You do it all and yet you still wanted to do more by gifting me. Awesomeness in action! Thank you for all you do!
nascarrey, you wanted to contribute AFTER the backglass had been delivered! That means a lot to me. Thank you!!

I like that, alexmogil. I try to keep it fun here.

Now that you mention it shimoda, I could use three Aztec backglasses, one Honey backglass, for a friend, one Liberty Bell backglass, one Royal Flush backglass, one Spanish Eyes backglass and one Super-Flite backglass. JUST KIDDING. Please, no more surpise backglasses in my future! I will be buying these when I win the lottery. Hmmm. I wonder if bgresto gives a discount for buying in bulk. It was very kind to offer up your gift in advance, but this 'Perfect Christmas Gift' should tide me over for at least five years!

uncivil_engineer, hope we can find a Project Pin for you soon! I'm surprised you haven't found one yet if you are visiting daily.

Atari_Daze, thanks for posting Project Pins here. For those of you wondering what his avatar meant:

PinballFever, Pinside member, Salt Lake City, UT. You have my deepest empathies. I can confirm that you live in the driest Project Pin desert in the contiguous U.S. I pop over at the slc Craigslist ads occasionally, but the dearth of pins is deafening. Nevertheless, I will continue looking for you. Thank you for delurking to tell me that you visit here almost daily and for the warm holiday wishes. Be sure to delurk and share with us if you find a Project Pin in Utah! That would be a major accomplishment that I would like to hear about.
zacaj
You only post Project Pins occasionally, but I think that is because you don't post the ordinary. When you do post, you can be sure that it is a super bargain or something very special. Pay attention if one of the pins that zacaj posts is in your area!
bluespin
You may be gone but you are not forgotten. You have found more than one game for your fellow Pinsiders. I'll say it again, you are always welcome back here! I can only hope that we will see you again. You posted the last OXO. Did you know that OXO is my favorite pin? Just Kidding! Of course you know!

There are others, many others, too many to list here. I may have posted the most Project Pins, but this thread wouldn't be much of a thread without all of you who post Project Pins here and participate with your comments.
CactusJack, for example, posts a wealth of knowledge. I always learn something from the information that he so generously shares with us. I will be looking for a Doodle Bug and NOT a Dipsy Doodle because of the information that CactusJack provided.
I wish I could give each of you a gift. For now, the Project Pins I post will have to do. Each time I post I hope that one of you will grab one of these old pins so you can experience the joy of bringing one of them back to life. God willing, I plan to continue to post Project Pins that I find. I will only stop posting if it starts to feel too much like work!
ZNET, I was so surprised and thankful when you offered to sell me your original Queen of Hearts backglass for such a nice price. I considered myself very fortunate to have found one so quickly and in such incredible condition. But that wasn't enough! You wanted to pay for shipping! I said that wasn't necessary and that it was more than enough that you were selling the backglass to me and no one else. I asked you to ship it after the holidays. Packages get thrown around a bit more at this time of the year and I wanted this package to arrive safely with the greatest of care. You said that you would get back to me after Christmas. So, I thought something might be up when you asked me for my mailing address before Christmas. I thought that 'something' was you paying for the shipping! So, it was a big surprise when I read Ryan's post stating that so many Project Pinsiders had just paid for the backglass, shipping and all. Yes, it was a huge surprise, just like you 'collusionists' planned it!
RyanClaytor. What can I say?? I could easily write a thousand words about what your participation here has meant to me and how much your friendship has meant to me.
There has been this:

And this:

I did finally find a Project Pin Firepower! That and my Black Knight are my pride and joy SS pins. You know me too well!
I was really excited for you to see that Paul Bunyan in the back of your Project Pin Hauler.

Now every time I get a GIF in reply to one of my posts from Ryan, I say to myself, "Wow! I've been honored with a Ryan Claytor GIF." I think we will trademark your GIFs on this thread - RyanClaytorGIF TM.
And then I see this crazy post just as I was going to bed saying that a surprise gift was on it's way to Pecos' Palatial Pinball Parlour. With friends like you, Ryan, who cares about enemies! This may be the nicest Christmas present I have ever received. And I thank you all - but it was Ryan's fault!

30 up-votes? That's just crazy! By far the most of any post on this thread. And it's no wonder - so well written! In case you haven't noticed yet, you unlocked another rarely seen Pinside accomplishment:

**WHEW** So many well-wishes from well-wishers. And I didn't even have to croak off to get them!
This may sound crazy, but I feel like part of a family here. That is something special and the best gift of all. All members of my family are invited to Pecos' Palatial Pinball Parlour to see for yourself the beautiful Queen of Hearts backglass that you helped make possible.
Merry Christmas,

And I thought some of my post were long! I will not ask how long this post took you. Keep up the great work & don't worry too much about too-many-pins! 2018 will be my last year of buying & selling unless something really crazy comes up. I promised my wife when I hit 62 I would stop buying machines and this past May I turned 63. The crazy thing is this year I bought more machines than any other year I have been in the hobby. It will be sometime in 2018 before I finish up with the two warehouse deals I got involved with but after that I really need to focus on selling off the excess.

Most of my buying in 2017 was because of the two warehouse deals (or other ghost from the past) but as far as I know most of that is behind me. We have the collection about where we want it and have been out of space for years (renting 4 storage units beyond what fits into the gameroom & garage). Now it is time to finally decide what stays and what goes. Watch for some machines posted here during 2018 as I lighten the load.

And for those of you who are curious most of what I currently own is in the collection or parts machines (for my used parts business). Don't worry - I do not part out anything worth saving! As I go through the rest of the warehouse find stuff I'll post any "parts" machines I think are worth trying to save here or have them at the Allentown Show this Spring.

I agree with Pecos as far as time spent here. Most of the time I feel like it is an extended family - maybe a dysfunctional family at times - but still family

#7309 6 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Thanks Cheddar. And thanks for the Project Pins you have posted here. Did you get that Vector working?

Yeah it was bizarre. I had to replace the outhole kicker assembly with a matching one out of a fathom. But fathom doesn't use the solenoid expander and the coil only had 1 diode. To make it worse the coil only had 2 lugs. I was able to wire it correctly to prevent the voltage from flowing from the outhole to the drop target bank and dropping the first target.

One of the weirder issues I've come across.

#7310 6 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Well I'm back!! I'm returning to all the happy threads. Plus I'm almost done the Vamp and ready to start the next project.

#7311 6 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

You began posting Project Pins a year ago and you have helped keep this thread active. Thank you! Lately, you have been posting even more. Is it a coincidence that he began posting Project Pins more often about the same time that bluespin left? I hope you know how much I appreciate your Project Pin posts. Well, if you didn't, you do now! Your contribution to the 'Buy Pecos a Queen of Hearts Backglass Project' is just icing on the cake.

This is one of my favorite threads on Pinside and I love seeing the deals and helping people find desired machines. I don’t have a lot of tech advice to give so it is my way of contributing to the community and helping to keep the thread strong. It is one of the most pure positive threads on the site and the excitement when someone scores a deal is shared by all. It’s great!

It was also a joy to help bring that backglass to you, a great backglass makes the machine and many hands make light (and cheaper) work. I’m glad I could do a small part to bring joy to another pinhead the Christmas season.

#7312 6 years ago

I picked this project up a few months ago, and I'm debating whether to tackle it or pass it on. Definitely not a game you see often at all. Nice PF layout, and very cool backglass.

IMG_1653 (resized).JPGIMG_1653 (resized).JPG
IMG_1656 (resized).JPGIMG_1656 (resized).JPG
IMG_1657 (resized).JPGIMG_1657 (resized).JPG
IMG_1665 (resized).JPGIMG_1665 (resized).JPG

#7313 6 years ago

VERY tempting...I will be in your neck of the woods next week and this would go well with the other space themed game I am picking up but there will be no room in the truck.

#7314 6 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Ballypin, I don't find as many Bally Project Pins as I would like. They are becoming harder to find. Thank you, Darrin, for helping make this backglass a new part of Pecos' Palatial Pinball Parlour. What Bally pins, in particular, are you looking for?

Pecos, I am a Bowling Green, Ohio transplant to the Cinci area for over 30 years now and had never heard of Forestville...surprised to discover that it was Anderson Twp. Bought my second game from Blaine back in 1990 in that same area. Not sure if you guys ever met. Yeah, Skyline is my favorite too (hated it at first and so much better than Gold Star) along with many flavors at Graeters and their Tea Cookies. Can't forget about ribs from Montgomery Inn. The ribs and cornbread at Burbanks (previously Flo and Eddies) were great too.

My main focus these days is Bally from '63 to '78 and I would especially like to find a decent Gold Rush next (or as my wife would say, NEXT year). Next year is only a week away so bring it on!

The second game I am getting on this up coming trip is another Bally zipper that also needs some backglass love. It would be great if the posters in this thread can help me find a suitable replacement. Watch next week for my travel adventure "Zipping over to Boston"

#7315 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I picked this project up a few months ago, and I'm debating whether to tackle it or pass it on. Definitely not a game you see often at all. Nice PF layout, and very cool backglass.

How much you thinking of letting it go for?

#7316 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I just love that glass. Brings me back to b/w movies when the moon was still made of cheese!

#7317 6 years ago

cookeville.craigslist.org link

I’m not into these old flipperless machines but $100 can’t be an awful price.

#7318 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

How much you thinking of letting it go for?

Not sure yet, going back-and-forth. I didn't pay much for it though, so it wouldn't be a lot. It was in a condemned house and is in pretty rough shape, needs quite a bit of work. But the PF and BG are really nice, considering where the game was and how it had been neglected (last pic). Such a cool and rare game I had to rescue her.

IMG_1664 (resized).JPGIMG_1664 (resized).JPG

IMG_1654 (resized).JPGIMG_1654 (resized).JPG

IMG_1634 (resized).PNGIMG_1634 (resized).PNG

#7319 6 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

SergioJ, hope to see you posting here more often. Thank you for taking the time and money to bring the Queen to it's new home.

Lol, I mostly lurk here. Like most, I’m up against space constraints now so I’ve had to get very picky about what I take on. I did move a game along to a new home recently which enabled me to get out a Wizard project I had broken down for about 20 years. The playfield and backglass are very nice but the cabinet is in sad shape, so if anybody has a cheap decent cabinet, let me know.

By the way, in regards to QoH, I had the pleasure of sitting next to Wayne Neyens and his wife on the bus to the Stern Tour at Expo ‘95. We got to talking and the conversation went to which was his favorite game out of all the ones he had designed. He took some time to think about it and finally said, “Queen of Hearts...yes that would be the one....”

Enjoy the game!

#7320 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Not sure yet, going back-and-forth. I didn't pay much for it though, so it wouldn't be a lot. It was in a condemned house and is in pretty rough shape, needs quite a bit of work. But the PF and BG are really nice, considering where the game was and how it had been neglected (last pic). Such a cool and rare game I had to rescue her.

Wow, look at the metal box covering the replay unit. They sure did not want anyone tampering with that!

#7321 6 years ago

Hi Pecos! Sorry to be a bit late with Christmas sentiment (I can say that right? I don't have to say "Holiday sentiment"..?) But yes, Merry Christmas, and I'm sure your new glass will serve PPPP well for many years to come!

This thread had quickly become my favorite. Like-minded individuals, good Karma, limited Drama, and fairly-priced pinball machines! Even if I had project machines stacked to the ceiling, and 25 cents to my name... and yet I still check every day to see if there isn't one more worthy project out there...

There have been other fund-raisers on Pinside. Some sounded worthy... other less so. None I had every seriously considered contributing. But when Ryan reached out to me, it was a very easy decision to help with this present for you. You are a Gentleman, Sir - Thank you for all you do! -David

#7322 6 years ago

If you haven't found that perfect Christmas present for your favorite pinball person, here it is! And it is only $5.00.

It might be a little late in arriving, but good things come to those who wait! If you are in the San Francisco area, you can probably drive over and pick it up!

Pinball Watches (resized).pngPinball Watches (resized).png

sfbay.craigslist.org link

#7323 6 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Thank you Forceflow for the kind words and gift. It's always nice to have a moderator in your corner and participating in this thread.

gdonovan, when I see pics of your gameroom it reminds me of the Pecos Palatial Pinball Parlour! A little bit of this and a little bit of that and from the same era as my pins. I hope we can find a few more for you! Thanks for your helping fund the backglass - another reason to think of you when opening up the PPPP.

I always enjoy hearing about the Project Pins found on this thread and I really enjoyed reading your story. I'm looking forward to seeing your new product. Please post it here when you are ready to announce it. So, is that Monte Carlo this thread helped you find the Bally version or the Gottlieb/Premier version? Just curious because I have the Gottlieb/Premier version. I am honored that you helped to donate to the Queen of Hearts backglass fund! Thanks rkahr!

Captive_Ball, you have been posting Project Pins here longer than anyone else. There is a lot to be said for consistency and perseverance. I am honored that you were part of this conspiracy! Gato, my cat, has this wonderful habit of yowling until I let her out for food and water - at 4:00 AM! I always check the thread when she wakes me up. when I see a post this early the first thing I think is, Captive_Ball is posting more Project Pins! You of all people deserve part of the praise that others have bestowed upon me.
» YouTube video

SkyKing2301, I will have to work extra hard to find a Project Pin just for you. I would hate to leave you out of all of the fun restoring one of these marvelous machines! Note to self. Look extra hard for Project Pins in Florida for SkyKing2301. Thank you for your support!

bingopodcast, I'm very happy to be a small part of your Robo Frenzy project arcade EM. I restore them. You build them. That is just crazy awesome. I'm so glad that you can provide your bingo expertise here on the Project Pin thread. Not necessary, but so pleased that your name is on the list.

Crispin

too-many-pins, I alway smile when I see you posting here. It reminds me of the Monty Python sketch of Mr. Smoke Too Much.
» YouTube video

NicoVolta, I'm so glad that I was able to meet you here at Pecos' Palatial Pinball Parlour. I had no idea I had so many Norm Clark designed pins here. You are becoming such a popular celebrity spreading the word how to repair Project Pins that I might have to start regarding you as a VIP! Glad you hang out here. You will have to return one day to the PPPP to see, in person, how you helped put the Queen back on her feet again.
Here is what I mean about our very own NicoVolta reaching celebrity status:

» YouTube video
Being interview by channel 7 in Roanoke, Virginia:
http://www.wdbj7.com/content/news/Texas-man-stops-in-Roanoke-on-Great-North-American-Pinball-Tour-454784163.html
Keep spreading the pinball joy, Nic!

AlexF, I often check to say who has up-voted my posts and more often than not, I see that classic convertible. I am grateful for that and for the present that will help bring this ole Queen back to life. Project Pin friends are awesome!

fingersport, I have to admit that I had to look up your post on this thread. You may be last but you are not least. For those who don't know, fingersport is incognito as Don Bosworth of Pinballs on the Move. Are you still shipping pins? We need a Pinball on the Move out here in the southwest!
Matesamo
You began posting Project Pins a year ago and you have helped keep this thread active. Thank you! Lately, you have been posting even more. Is it a coincidence that he began posting Project Pins more often about the same time that bluespin left? I hope you know how much I appreciate your Project Pin posts. Well, if you didn't, you do now! Your contribution to the 'Buy Pecos a Queen of Hearts Backglass Project' is just icing on the cake. Thanks!
cyroute, I am a bit embarrassed that I wouldn't remember you, especially after seeing your name on the list of those who gave to 'The Perfect Christmas Gift.' As Grand Pooh Bah of the Project Pin thread, may I officially welcome you to the cavalcade of pins needing some TLC!! Please feel free to join in as you see fit.
Songofsixpence, you have been here forever! You post Project Pins. You sold a Sky Jump for a song. You sold it to Otaku!

nascarrey, you wanted to contribute AFTER the backglass had been delivered! That means a lot to me. Thank you!!

I like that, alexmogil. I try to keep it fun here.

Now that you mention it shimoda, I could use three Aztec backglasses, one Honey backglass, for a friend, one Liberty Bell backglass, one Royal Flush backglass, one Spanish Eyes backglass and one Super-Flite backglass. JUST KIDDING. Please, no more surpise backglasses in my future! I will be buying these when I win the lottery. Hmmm. I wonder if bgresto gives a discount for buying in bulk. It was very kind to offer up your gift in advance, but this 'Perfect Christmas Gift' should tide me over for at least five years!

uncivil_engineer, hope we can find a Project Pin for you soon! I'm surprised you haven't found one yet if you are visiting daily.

Atari_Daze, thanks for posting Project Pins here. For those of you wondering what his avatar meant:

PinballFever, Pinside member, Salt Lake City, UT. You have my deepest empathies. I can confirm that you live in the driest Project Pin desert in the contiguous U.S. I pop over at the slc Craigslist ads occasionally, but the dearth of pins is deafening. Nevertheless, I will continue looking for you. Thank you for delurking to tell me that you visit here almost daily and for the warm holiday wishes. Be sure to delurk and share with us if you find a Project Pin in Utah! That would be a major accomplishment that I would like to hear about.
zacaj
bluespin

CactusJack, for example, posts a wealth of knowledge. I always learn something from the information that he so generously shares with us. I will be looking for a Doodle Bug and NOT a Dipsy Doodle because of the information that CactusJack provided.
ZNET, I was so surprised and thankful when you offered to sell me your original Queen of Hearts backglass for such a nice price. I considered myself very fortunate to have found one so quickly and in such incredible condition. But that wasn't enough! You wanted to pay for shipping! I said that wasn't necessary and that it was more than enough that you were selling the backglass to me and no one else. I asked you to ship it after the holidays. Packages get thrown around a bit more at this time of the year and I wanted this package to arrive safely with the greatest of care. You said that you would get back to me after Christmas. So, I thought something might be up when you asked me for my mailing address before Christmas. I thought that 'something' was you paying for the shipping! So, it was a big surprise when I read Ryan's post stating that so many Project Pinsiders had just paid for the backglass, shipping and all. Yes, it was a huge surprise, just like you 'collusionists' planned it!
RyanClaytor. What can I say?? I could easily write a thousand words about what your participation here has meant to me and how much your friendship has meant to me.
There has been this:

And this:

Merry Christmas,

O.

M.

G.

And YOU said...

Quoted from Pecos:

30 up-votes? That's just crazy!

Ha-ha! No way, my man. That "thank you" post of yours...was crazy. Crazy-classy!

classy.gifclassy.gif

Wows-wows-wows. Hard to believe some of that ancient material you were able to resurrect. I mean...Otaku's hair wasn't even past his shoulders yet!

hippy.gifhippy.gif

And it's all the more proof of why my minor contribution of middle-manning this gift for you was so easy. Like I said in the announcement post...

Quoted from RyanClaytor:

In less than 24 hours there were enough commitments to buy your glass, in fact it was more like 12.

...just wanted to let that sink in again.

pondering.gifpondering.gif

Both in reference to the swell dudes we have on here, and also how much respect we all have for your level of commitment to this thread. I mean, I pretty much woke up the next morning, contacted ZNET, and was like...

makeItRain.gifmakeItRain.gif

That's ZNET on the right.

(In reality, ZNET gave us a screamin' deal on the glass, so that gif should have a MUCH shorter duration.)

And I'll tell you another secret; there were so many contributors, that no one even had to toss in a Jackson. Every contribution was under twenty bucks. ...well, actually there were some that did pitch in that much or more, but I started refunding several contributions after so many were pouring in. So when you say...

Quoted from Pecos:

This may sound crazy, but I feel like part of a family here.

...from where I'm sitting, it all sounded perfectly sane. Glad to be a part of it!

Merry Christmas, Pecos. May your pins chime merry and shine bright!

#7324 6 years ago

Oh my Goshness, I’ve just been honored with four RyanClaytorGIFs TM!

#7325 6 years ago

Very nice to see that at your place in one piece! I hate backglasses in the mail --- typically everything ends up OK but it is such a risk when shipping something nearly impossible to replace. Best of luck to you with your machine! I see Clay (VFW) has one so he might be able to answer questions you have once you get working on it.

I had one burst in shipping. the box never even made it to it's destination. They brought the box back to me and had me fill out the insurance paperwork, as it was just a box of glass. Luckily it was one of the common zaccaria glasses.

#7326 6 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Thank you sir for the kind words! I like what I like regardless of what critics think, just has to be a fun! The Gottlieb Double Action woodrail for example has turned out to be buckets of fun and sits proudly in the line up between Olympic Hockey and Space Odyssey. I wish we had more room as they are all so much fun there just isn't enough room for all the titles we would like to have.

You are more than welcome to visit and play a few rounds should you be in the area of our humble abode.

Gary

#7327 6 years ago

I always check this thread but never posted so I’ve missed on many deals and stories!

#7328 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I had one burst in shipping. the box never even made it to it's destination. They brought the box back to me and had me fill out the insurance paperwork, as it was just a box of glass. Luckily it was one of the common zaccaria glasses.

Not pinball related, but I was driving a Mazda RX-7 to work one nice morning and minding my own business when the driver's window went "pop" and shattered into a million pieces. My first thought is that I was being shot at (there had been a couple of shootings recently). But the window just decided it was time to shatter.

Your experience is only the 2nd time I have heard or seen glass shattering for no visible reason.

#7329 6 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Not pinball related, but I was driving a Mazda RX-7 to work one nice morning and minding my own business when the driver's window went "pop" and shattered into a million pieces. My first thought is that I was being shot at (there had been a couple of shootings recently). But the window just decided it was time to shatter.
Your experience is only the 2nd time I have heard or seen glass shattering for no visible reason.

Similar happened to my family, back in early 90s- We were all at home, and we hear shattering in the garage.
Go outside to look, and one rear window of the minivan just went up in pieces. Nothing fell on it, nothing inside.. Strange.

#7330 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Similar happened to my family, back in early 90s- We were all at home, and we hear shattering in the garage.
Go outside to look, and one rear window of the minivan just went up in pieces. Nothing fell on it, nothing inside.. Strange.

Working in the auto trade, I have seen this several times. Tempered glass is under tension and sometimes goes "boom" all by itself.

#7331 6 years ago

tempered glass also doesn't like extreme temp changes. Something cold or warm touches the edges in the wrong spot and pop goes the weasel. Seen it happen on at least 4 backglasses and 3 sheets of playfield glass, just from someone holding it, or gently setting it down on cement, or carpeted cement with no padding.

#7332 6 years ago

I was holding the playfield glass from my volcano vertically and it exploded.
No reason, just happened.
It exploded with so much force that I had a small cut on my forehead.

#7333 6 years ago

so you're saying your volcano glass erupted

#7334 6 years ago

Manufacturer: Bally
Game/Type: Hokus Pokus / EM 2 Player
Month/Year: April 1975
Production: 3,086

Game/Type: Space Time / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: September 1972
Production: 5,000

Game/Type: Jungle Queen / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: July 1977
Production: 6,795

Cost: "Taking offers on individual machines or together. No ridiculous lowball offers or scammers please and thank you."
Contact/Link: lakeland.craigslist.org link

Condition: "Selling or trading 3 pinball machines. All need repair, not working or partially working."

#7335 6 years ago

Game/Type: Wizard! / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: September 1974
Production: 10,005
Cost: $700
Contact/Link: fortmyers.craigslist.org link

Condition: No Pics! "I have skematics for this pinball machine. Machine is in good condition but needs some work. Needs to sell ASAP, I have no more room for it."

#7336 6 years ago

Game/Type: Space Odyssey / EM 2 Player
Month/Year: June 1976
Production: 4,300
Cost: $300 "Maybe trade for electric guitar?"
Contact/Link: miami.craigslist.org link

Condition: Some planking. OP: "Was working, some functions need service. Collectable and worth fixing up."

#7337 6 years ago

Game/Type: 4 Square /EM 1 Player
Month/Year: June 1971
Production: 2,200
Cost: $450
Contact/Link: miami.craigslist.org link

Condition: No Pics! OP: "works great"

#7338 6 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Hokus Pokus / EM 2 Player
Month/Year: April 1975
Production: 3,086
Game/Type: Space Time / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: September 1972
Production: 5,000
Game/Type: Jungle Queen / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: July 1977
Production: 6,795
Cost: "Taking offers on individual machines or together. No ridiculous lowball offers or scammers please and thank you."
Contact/Link: lakeland.craigslist.org link
Condition: "Selling or trading 3 pinball machines. All need repair, not working or partially working."

What a shame they are in that condition. Had a mint Hokus Pokus a few years ago, and should've never sold it. Awesome game. Time zone is awesome too, but likewise doesn't look in great shape. Both BG's are shot.

I'll tell you what though, I'm assuming he would be pretty reasonable on price in that condition, so if I were closer I would grab all three.

#7339 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

...so if I were closer I would grab all three.

*LOL* My Christmas Eve is complete.

#7340 6 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

*LOL* My Christmas Eve is complete.

Hahahahahaha

#7341 6 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

...would you please find a pin you want but is too far away and do it again. Pretty please? Just for old times sake?

Quoted from Colsond3:

I'll tell you what though, I'm assuming he would be pretty reasonable on price in that condition, so if I were closer I would grab all three.

@Colsond3, Bless you, sir, for that! It's beginning to feel like Christmas and old times around here!

#7342 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

What a shame they are in that condition. Had a mint Hokus Pokus a few years ago, and should've never sold it. Awesome game. Time zone is awesome too, but likewise doesn't look in great shape. Both BG's are shot.

Yeah, not only moisture damage but all of those backglasses including the Funland (wedgehead) are sun Bleached. Sadly, low ball offers are all any of those games deserve so I wonder what he is expecting?

FYI, Time Zone is a real snooze-fest once you own one.

#7343 6 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

FYI, Time Zone is a real snooze-fest once you own one

Good to know. I've only had the luxury of playing at someone else's house, and only a few games.

#7344 6 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

I dunno about being snooze-fest, Colsond3 brought mine up to Pintastic for me and it's been a pretty good game for us.
-Mike

#7345 6 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

I dunno about being snooze-fest, colsond3 brought mine up to Pintastic for me and it's been a pretty good game for us.
-Mike

Perhaps just for me then. Get the tunnel stopped on 5000, get the center post up. Then, with the ball settled on the post, tap pass to get the ball up on the flipper to shoot the center target. Rinse and repeat until it's time to go to bed.

Fine when Credits meant something, but I am not a High Score chaser.

#7346 6 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

Perhaps just for me then. Get the tunnel stopped on 5000, get the center post up. Then, with the ball settled on the post, tap pass to get the ball up on the flipper to shoot the center target. Rinse and repeat until it's time to go to bed.
Fine when Credits meant something, but I am not a High Score chaser.

Yes, the one I played a few years ago wasn't in great shape and the flippers were kind of weak, so it wasn't too exciting. When I picked up the Time Zone for Grizlyrig , I played a little bit and that game was pretty fine-tuned, really nice condition and seemed to play well. Admittedly, I didn't play enough to dive into the rule set. Probably would have if I just kept the game and didn't deliver to him up at Pintastic

#7347 6 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

When I was a teen, my brother and I spent a week with my grandparents in Havana, Illinois. No car, no friends, nothing to do. We would walk to a department store about half a mile away and guess what I found there, between the first set of outer doors and the second set on inner doors? Yes, you guessed it! A Space Time or a Time Zone to be more precise but not exact! I thought the Time Tunnel and skill shot, trying to get that light to stop at the bottom of the tunnel on 5,000 points, was pretty cool. We put quite a few quarters in that game. It was pretty exciting at the time, completely understandable considering the circumstances.

#7348 6 years ago

Yes, tastes, or at least skill levels change. As a kid, I loved the game. It was one of the easier games to beat. Even with weak flippers, that short distance in front of the flippers makes it doable. And, back then, it was all about replays.

Then, years later, I shopped one out for work. All Dialed in, it's way too easy and there is not much to do. Stop the tunnel for 4000 or 5000 or wait for hitting 10 points enough to light the extra Ball. Oh, great, an extra ball of torture!

I do love the artwork. One of Bally's best from that era. And a cool theme.

I actually prefer RoGo ( I know I am in the minority there), almost the same layout, but instead with the U turn around. Bigger trade off for risk vs reward (5000 and 5 Bonus advances and sometimes Special).

#7349 6 years ago

Pecos-

You just didn't know where to go in Havana! Did you know it used to be a wide open town where Al Capone would hide while waiting for things to cool down in Chicago? An old work aquaintance of mine used to be Al Capone's duck hunting guide when he was a young teen. Quite a story.

I know what department store you're talking about. It's still there, but under a different name.

Merry Christmas from someone who likes following this thread.

#7350 6 years ago

I can't think of a better day than Christmas 2017 to welcome our latest lucky group aboard the Project Pin sleigh ride - o'er the fields we go laughing all the way!

Welcome Apinplayer!
Welcome PinPilot!
Welcome Stoomer! It was thoughtful of you to offer up your Chicago Coin Super-Score as a parts machine for cheap!
Welcome jeffk!
Welcome fingersport!
Welcome Apex!
Welcome JAG94!
Welcome chad!
Welcome northvibe!
Welcome PinballAir!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
Machine - For Sale
Ottawa, ON
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 26,077 posts in this topic. You are on page 147 of 522.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/post-project-pins-for-sale-here-cl-ebay-pinside-and-others/page/147 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.