Screenshot_20240318_092142_Chrome (resized).jpg
B72D3FD7-E334-4C70-B2B3-99E30898F742 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2476 (resized).png
431614063_7188125154641704_8537065374982863412_n (resized).jpg
IMG_2403 (resized).png
pin (resized).jpg
ww (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 26,067 posts in this topic. You are on page 146 of 522.
#7251 6 years ago

Such a bargain.

#7252 6 years ago

Matesamo, nice price on the Pokerino and Firepower II. I'd grab them both if they were within driving distance.

Manufacturer: Williams
Game/Type: Firepower II / SS System 7, 4 Player
Month/Year: August 1983
Production: 3,400

#7253 6 years ago

Game/Type: PIN·BOT / SS System 11A, 4 Player
Month/Year: October 1986
Production: 12,001
Cost: $700
Contact/Link: seattle.craigslist.org link

Condition: "...needs cpu board. Fair condition. I was playing it and zap. No lights now on cpu, I replace the power supply with a new rottendog board."

#7254 6 years ago

Don't know about this one - posting anyway.

Manufacturer: OP: "Ballet midway"
Game/Type: Motordome / SS 6803, 4 Player
Month/Year: June 1986
Production: 2,000
Cost: $100
Contact/Link: goldcountry.craigslist.org link

Condition: "Needs work but all there"

#7255 6 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Great price and Ballet

#7256 6 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Matesamo, nice price on the Pokerino and Firepower II. I'd grab them both if they were within driving distance.
Game/Type: Firepower II / SS System 7, 4 Player
Month/Year: August 1983
Production: 3,400

Great price indeed. Its about 1/2 and hour away but I am not interested in either title. Hopefully someone here grabs them.

#7257 6 years ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

Great price indeed. Its about 1/2 and hour away but I am not interested in either title. Hopefully someone here grabs them.

I would totally take an FPII at that price. Then I'd repaint and drop a time fantasy playfield into it!

#7258 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

I would totally take an FPII at that price. Then I'd repaint and drop a time fantasy playfield into it!

LOL

#7259 6 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

That one is in my house,picked it up last week.

#7260 6 years ago
Quoted from pinostalgia:

Thanks for letting us know. I emailed the guy twice with no response.

#7261 6 years ago
Quoted from pinostalgia:

Awesome grab for a Benny.

#7263 6 years ago

Hello Project President Pecos,
I’m writing today to send you a brief word of thanks for your tireless work on this thread and inform you of a bit of holiday cheer headed your way.
You see, over the course of the past week or so, I’ve been in touch with a few folks around these parts who all feel similarly indebted to your formation of and continuous contribution to this thread. I know my collection has grown as a direct result of your posts here and I’ve heard many similar stories from others.
To this end, the project pinball community and I would like to thank you by purchasing a replacement backglass for your recent acquisition, a coveted "Queen of Hearts". I’ve been colluding with your backglass seller, ZNET, behind your back about the possibility of cobbling together some funds from a few project pin thread participants so that we might send you a holiday/thank you gift from all of us for all your efforts here. In no particular order, this backglass was paid for by:
AlexF
Ballypin
BingoPodcast
Captive_Ball
Cheddar
Colson5
Crispin
cyroute
fingersport
ForceFlow
Gdonovan
Matesamo
NicoVolta
Rkhar
too-many-pins
SergioJ
SkyKing2301
Songofsixpence
ZNET
I want to emphasize the ease and speed at which I was able to gather the support to fulfill this purchase on your behalf. In less than 24 hours there were enough commitments to buy your glass, in fact it was more like 12. I think that fact alone speaks volumes about the service you’ve provided here. I’m certainly grateful for your overwhelming contribution here, and I’m confident you’ll be hearing more well wishes and words of thanks from a number of other project pin participants in the coming posts.
In closing, if you received a mysterious PinsideMail from me with a few digits enclosed, that is the USPS tracking # for your glass. But I don’t believe you’ll need to wait long, as your package is scheduled to arrive tomorrow (12/21/17). I can’t wait to see how your restoration turns out and hear what you think about your first woodrail.
Merry Christmas and MANY thanks from all of us at the Project Pinball thread!
Sincerely,
Ryan
P.S. Here's what you can expect on your doorstep in another 24 hours...
QoHfront (resized).jpgQoHfront (resized).jpgQoHback (resized).jpgQoHback (resized).jpg
...just a touch more presentable than your existing glass:
IsThatAQoH (resized).jpgIsThatAQoH (resized).jpg

Added over 6 years ago: Had a late contributor, nascarrey, who would also like to thank Pecos!

#7264 6 years ago

I'm always glad to see dog-eared games being rescued and brought back to life. A lot of people have participated in this thread, and a lot of games have been rescued. It seemed like it would be fun to see our top project pin enthusiast greeted with a little holiday cheer with something for his own project.

Merry Christmas--have fun with your project, Pecos

#7265 6 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Hello Project President Pecos,

I’m writing today to send you a brief word of thanks for your tireless work on this thread and inform you of a bit of holiday cheer headed your way.

You see, over the course of the past week or so, I’ve been in touch with a few folks around these parts who all feel similarly indebted to your formation of and continuous contribution to this thread. I know my collection has grown as a direct result of your posts here and I’ve heard many similar stories from others.

To this end, the project pinball community and I would like to thank you by purchasing a replacement backglass for your recent acquisition, a coveted "Queen of Hearts". I’ve been colluding with your backglass seller, ZNET, behind your back about the possibility of cobbling together some funds from a few project pin thread participants so that we might send you a holiday/thank you gift from all of us for all your efforts here. In no particular order, this backglass was paid for by:

AlexF
Ballypin
BingoPodcast
Captive_Ball
Cheddar
Colson5
Crispin
cyroute
fingersport
ForceFlow
Gdonovan
Matesamo
NicoVolta
Rkhar
too-many-pins
SergioJ
SkyKing2301
Songofsixpence
ZNET

I want to emphasize the ease and speed at which I was able to gather the support to fulfill this purchase on your behalf. In less than 24 hours there were enough commitments to buy your glass, in fact it was more like 12. I think that fact alone speaks volumes about the service you’ve provided here. I’m certainly grateful for your overwhelming contribution here, and I’m confident you’ll be hearing more well wishes and words of thanks from a number of other project pin participants in the coming posts.

In closing, if you received a mysterious PinsideMail from me with a few digits enclosed, that is the USPS tracking # for your glass. But I don’t believe you’ll need to wait long, as your package is scheduled to arrive tomorrow (12/21/17). I can’t wait to see how your restoration turns out and hear what you think about your first woodrail.

Merry Christmas and MANY thanks from all of us at the Project Pinball thread!

Sincerely,
Ryan

P.S. Here's what you can expect on your doorstep in another 24 hours...

I have to admit that tears of joy are welling up in my eyes as I write this. I am completely overwhelmed by the thoughtfulness and generosity of you Ryan, ZNET and all of the other Project Pinsters who frequent this thread.

As it so happens, I just began moving the first of my pins tonight in a rearrangement of Pecos' Palatial Pinball Parlour. The Queen of Hearts will go next to the Bally Double-Up and the Atari Airborne Avenger. With any luck, I will soon have some pictures to show you.

I will have more to say when my state of pleasant shock, surprise and joy have lessened sufficiently for my brain to begin working again!

All I can say now is Thank You all so much, not only those who contributed to this wonderful gift but also for all of you who participate in this thread. It is indeed an honor and a privilege to know you all!

I will be thinking of each of you each time I look at this beautiful backglass on a soon-to-be fully restored, Gottlieb 1952 Queen of Hearts woodrail Project Pin!

AlexF
Ballypin
BingoPodcast
Captive_Ball
Cheddar
Colson5
Crispin
cyroute
fingersport
ForceFlow
Gdonovan
Matesamo
NicoVolta
Rkhar
too-many-pins
SergioJ
SkyKing2301
Songofsixpence
ZNET

Thank You!!!

Pecos

#7266 6 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

All I can say now is Thank You all so much, not only those who contributed to this wonderful gift but also for all of you who participate in this thread. It is indeed an honor and a privilege to know you all!
Thank You!!!
Pecos

It was a pleasure to help out in some small way Pecos, your enthusiasm and help to all is refreshing and to be emulated.

THANK YOU!

Gary Donovan

#7267 6 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

I have to admit that tears of joy are welling up in my eyes as I write this. I am completely overwhelmed by the thoughtfulness and generosity of you Ryan, ZNET and all of the other Project Pinsters who frequent this thread.
As it so happens, I just began moving the first of my pins tonight in a rearrangement of Pecos' Palatial Pinball Parlour. The Queen of Hearts will go next to the Bally Double-Up and the Atari Airborne Avenger. With any luck, I will soon have some pictures to show you.
I will have more to say when my state of pleasant shock, surprise and joy have lessened sufficiently for my brain to begin working again!
I will be thinking of each of you each time I look at this beautiful backglass on a soon-to-be fully restored, Gottlieb 1952 Queen of Hearts woodrail Project Pin!

... Even with "brain not working normally from joy" a class act all the way! I do a lot more reading than writing on Pinside and I've noticed the threads I follow most typically have a terrific person (or persons) behind them... rotordave and his travel threads (new one active right now!). pinballrockstar and his Pinball Amigos threads (Crazy Mansion is a blast). Several of the show threads, but certainly labnip with TPF (quiet lately). And, I keep up on this thread pretty much daily even though I'm not actively in the market for games - it may be my most visited thread (obviously I monitor my threads where I introduce products closely as well).

So back about 50 pages ago the deal I couldn't pass up showed up in this thread... https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/post-project-pins-for-sale-here-cl-ebay-pinside-and-others/page/105#post-3790745 . It's still not 100% but it's now a very playable game with a Max2K clear coated PF. And, (spoiler alert...) in the near future I'll be releasing a new product directly related to owning and working on that machine that I think will be applicable to a few other games from that era.

About a month ago I went to an estate sale just a few miles from my office to check out a game - I never would have known about the sale or the game without this thread and the volunteer army led by Pecos that somehow seems to constantly keep it current. I've posted a few leads, but it's rare that I see something before this army.

I've shared links from this thread with my siblings (Texas and North Carolina) encouraging them to jump into the hobby with a project game. No triggers pulled on those opportunities, but Texas seems to be gaining interest!

So, Merry Christmas from all of us, @pecos, everyone who reads/monitors this thread. And thunderous applause for RyanClaytor for being our collective arms, legs, and brains on this one!

-Rob
-new at http://www.kahr.us - Williams system 3-6 display glass brackets!

#7268 6 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

AlexF
Ballypin
BingoPodcast
Captive_Ball
Cheddar
Colson5
Crispin
cyroute
fingersport
ForceFlow
Gdonovan
Matesamo
NicoVolta
Rkhar
too-many-pins
SergioJ
SkyKing2301
Songofsixpence
ZNET
Thank You!!!
Pecos

My pleasure to contribute Pecos! "Colson5" is my gift-giving alter ego, and always happy to help out! (just kidding Ryan)

You deserve it Pecos, you contribute a ton on here, and have saved several games from pending doom. If my circumstances weren't what they are right now, I certainly would have contributed even more. Enjoy the glass and the holidays, and glad that we could bring you some pinball joy.

#7269 6 years ago

Merry Christmas Pecos....I feel honored to have my name associated with your new backglass...can't wait to see your updated pictures

#7270 6 years ago

You're welcome, Pecos. While I haven't successfully scored a treasure specifically from this list yet, I have investigated a few and am always hunting for more -- so your constant contributions will no doubt eventually pay off for me as they have for many others. Keep up the great work and enjoy your new glass!

#7271 6 years ago

Thank you for all that you do, Pecos. You have helped me and my oddball custom games quite a lot. If I can help in any way with any of your projects, never hesitate to let me know!

#7272 6 years ago

What a wonderful gesture for the person who runs what might be the most entertaining thread on this site. Thanks Pecos!

#7273 6 years ago

Merry Christmas Pecos! I was honored to be included in helping someone who has helped so many others in our community, (thanks Ryan!). I love the "possibility" feeling I get when I read that the next thing you post. I hope you enjoy reviving your Queen!!

#7274 6 years ago

One of the few post I visit on a daily bases. I really don't need anymore machines but I can't resist following what is out there for sale and your efforts have made it easy to watch "project" machines from all over the country without spending hours searching them out. Great job to you and everyone who post here.

Topics like this and a bunch of guys working together is what a hobby should be about. Sadly there are way to few of these type topics and way too many "what will be the next new machine released" or "which LED's should I use in these machines" type post here on Pinside. Not everyone has tens of thousands of dollars to toss at a hobby!

Great work & it was my pleasure to be part of this little THANK YOU for you!

#7275 6 years ago

Merry Christmas Pecos! It was great to meet you on the pinball tour & thanks for keeping the spotlight on the good deals. I've certainly found a few this way.

#7276 6 years ago

Congratulations Pecos! It's fun to see a nice guy fix up a great game. Nice to be a small part of it. Pinball friends are the best. Very thoughtful of Ryan to put this together.

#7277 6 years ago

Manufacturer: Bally Midway
Game/Type: Evel Knievel / SS 1094-E
Month/Year: June 1977
Production: 14,000
Cost: $450
Contact/Link: sandiego.craigslist.org link

Condition: "Evel knievel that is jinxed.
Desided to sell it earlier this year. Had a buyer and a something broke so I pulled it off the market.
Fast forward to this week. The game has been playing perfect for 6 months. Decide to sell again. Had buyer set up for this weekend.
Last night playing it the left flipper stopped working and 10 seconds later the whole machine shut down.
I am over this jinxed machine.
I have a new coil just zero interest in repairing this thing again.
This is a true fire sale."

#7278 6 years ago

Game: World Cup Soccer
Type: SS - 4 Player
Month/Year: March 1978
Production: 6,253
Cost: $400
Link/Contact: philadelphia.craigslist.org link

OP: Manufactured by Williams Electronic Games. Up to 4 players. 2 flippers. Selling as is. We used to play this game a lot many years ago, but then 'our busy lives got in the way'. Although it worked fine last time we played it, it has been years so we are pretty sure it would need servicing as is typical of old electronic game. We disassembled the machine to move it upstairs for pick up. Again, selling as is. Price is fair - it could be sold for replacement parts and you could still make a profit. Backglass and field are in very good condition - I just don't have the time. By the way - it might not be fancy like all the new digital machines, but you definitely need to demonstrate skill to be the high scorer ! And who doesn't love World Cup soccer. Malvern PPU and we can help load your vehicle.

Soccer (resized).jpgSoccer (resized).jpg

#7279 6 years ago

Merry Christmas Pecos, thanks for all you do

#7280 6 years ago

hit me up next time as I too have benefited from this list, specifically one of bluespin's last posts, the Dragon in KY. It was beautiful (as they usually are but this was particularly like new). Reminds me, it's time to donate to Pinside! Pecos, way to be such an asset to the community. Congratulations on a well-deserved reward.

#7281 6 years ago

Merry Christmas Pecos ! I am honored to be able to help in a small way with your backglass gift. Thanks again for what seems to be a tireless search to give these games a chance to live again.

Thanks also to Ryan for making this all happen. I enjoyed reading his travel journey from MI to MA to pickup his grail Bally Hay Ride so much that I decided a similar trip would be cool. So, when I read a pinside ad in Boston for a Bally Dogies that was posted in this thread, my brain went into overdrive. I was able to secure the game plus another game to make the 2,000 mile trip interesting. The 2 day trip kicks off next week and I plan to document the journey here.

Darrin

#7282 6 years ago
Quoted from hodgesm0:

Manufacturer: Bally Midway
Game/Type: Evel Knievel / SS 1094-E
Month/Year: June 1977
Production: 14,000
Contact/Link: sandiego.craigslist.org link
Condition: "Evel knievel that is jinxed.
Desided to sell it earlier this year. Had a buyer and a something broke so I pulled it off the market.
Fast forward to this week. The game has been playing perfect for 6 months. Decide to sell again. Had buyer set up for this weekend.
Last night playing it the left flipper stopped working and 10 seconds later the whole machine shut down.
I am over this jinxed machine.
I have a new coil just zero interest in repairing this thing again.
This is a true fire sale."

That's a great price-lots of cab fade-hard to see playfield, but should be a great pick up for someone!

#7283 6 years ago

Yeah, for us in the mid-west on that EK in CA, I can’t help but say “Come out to the coast, we’ll get together, have a few laughs”

#7284 6 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Come out to the coast, we’ll get together, have a few laughs

the next thing you know you will be climbing through an air duct bare foot!

#7285 6 years ago

Hey guys,

Quoted from ForceFlow:

Merry Christmas

Quoted from rkahr:

Merry Christmas from all of us, pecos

Quoted from Colsond3:

You deserve it Pecos

Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Merry Christmas Pecos

Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Keep up the great work and enjoy your new glass!

Quoted from bingopodcast:

Thank you for all that you do, Pecos.

Quoted from Crispin:

Merry Christmas Pecos!

Quoted from too-many-pins:

Great work & it was my pleasure to be part of this little THANK YOU for you!

Quoted from NicoVolta:

Merry Christmas Pecos!

Quoted from AlexF:

Congratulations Pecos! It's fun to see a nice guy fix up a great game.

Quoted from Cheddar:

Merry Christmas Pecos, thanks for all you do

Quoted from Ballypin:

Merry Christmas Pecos !

...just wanted to say...

pecosOnFire (resized).jpgpecosOnFire (resized).jpg

Thanks for lightin' this place up for our Project Presidente.

pecosOnFire2 (resized).jpgpecosOnFire2 (resized).jpg

boom.gifboom.gif

#7286 6 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

hit me up next time as I too have benefited from this list

Hey Shimoda,

The fact that you posted this makes me really happy. I contacted roughly the thirty most recent unique posters on this thread, but I figured there'd be a few lurkers or folks who just haven't posted in a while who might feel this way. I'll keep you in mind in another couple years when we cobble our pennies together to buy him a whole darn game.

Quoted from Ballypin:

So, when I read a pinside ad in Boston for a Bally Dogies that was posted in this thread, my brain went into overdrive. I was able to secure the game plus another game to make the 2,000 mile trip interesting. The 2 day trip kicks off next week and I plan to document the journey here.

Okay, three things:

1) PLEASE let us know (or at the very least PM me) about your documentation thread. I'd love to follow along.

2) Welcome to the crazy club.

3) When you tire of that game, can I have the right of first refusal? (Actually serious! Ha-ha!)

#7287 6 years ago

This thread is a daily read for me. While I haven't picked up anything off it yet, I understand it is a great resource. Kudo's to yall who paid Peco's back for all his hard work.

#7288 6 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

When you tire of that game, can I have the right of first refusal? (Actually serious! Ha-ha!)

Dibs are the 3rd tenant of pinball
1. Playing pinball
2. Fixing/restoring pinball
3. Getting dibs on someone else's pinball

Sometimes 1&2 switch places

#7289 6 years ago

Lookee what showed up today at Pecos' Palatial Pinball Parlour!

The USPS did a good job shipping such a fragile piece during Christmas rush. Mr. Mailman walked the box up to my door. He said, somewhat interested, "Oh..." when I told him that I restore pinball machines. I then invited him to have a peek inside and got excited when he saw Black Knight! Can't blame him at all. I, too, get excited seeing my beloved Black Knight and Firepower. It was a good sign to see the package intact without any damage.

Pinball Goodness lies within!

DSCF3070 (resized).JPGDSCF3070 (resized).JPG

Congrats ZNET on the packing job! A box within a box!

DSCF3073 (resized).JPGDSCF3073 (resized).JPG

Beauty! Gorgeous!

DSCF3075 (resized).JPGDSCF3075 (resized).JPG

DSCF3074 (resized).JPGDSCF3074 (resized).JPG

This backglass will remain safely stowed away in the shipping box until I get Queen of Hearts up on its feet and backbox attached. I may be asking for some help putting this backglass in safely. The front wooden frame has been removed from the backbox. Does the backglass go in from the backside of the backbox?

I have handled literally hundreds of backglasses and playfield glass. Never have I had so much reticence about handling a backglass. The Queen is 65 years old!!! She is irreplaceable! I will be handling with the utmost care and reverence for such wonderful piece of Americana.

I am working on three Project Pins right now, Laser Cue, Super-Flite and Liberty Bell, all Williams games. I always try to do that before ordering parts so I can order in bunches sometimes at a discount. Laser Cue is almost finished. When done, I will move Queen of Hearts to the top of the queue. I might even document my work here on Pinside. It should be interesting restoring the Ole Queen. Gottliebs are still a bit of a mystery to me and I have no idea what surprises lay ahead of me when I dig into 1952 era pinball tech! I have eight Gottlieb pins at the PPPP and this would be the first Gottlieb I get working, with a little bit of luck and a lot of patience.

Santa says "Ho Ho Ho!" I say "Hee Hee Hee!" Christmas came early this year and I felt like a kid on Christmas morning opening my gift. It means even more to me knowing the thoughts behind the present.

Words cannot convey how grateful I am for 'The Perfect Christmas Gift' and your kindest of thoughts.

Thanks again and Merry Christmas to all!

#7290 6 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Im usually a silent observer in this thread but wanted to thank and send congrats to Pecos!
And way to go ZNET for packing so carefully that beautiful backglass.

To all who contribute to this thread, to pinside and who helped Pecos get a well deserved gift!

#7291 6 years ago

Manufacturer: Bally
Game/Type: Mata Hari / SS AS-2518-17, 4 Player
Month/Year: September 1977
Production: 16,260
Cost: $400
Contact/Link: mansfield.craigslist.org link

Condition: "Decent shape as found in a garage on a property I purchased. Game bed lights up, and goes through self test, but score display is dead. Most like MPU. Parts are readily available."

#7292 6 years ago

I've been lurking while checking this topic almost daily in the vain hope that a project will magically appear in MY area but to no avail yet..... therefore I delurk briefly to wish you a happy holidays Pecos. What a great Xmas gift. I look forward to seeing your game restored.

*Goes back to lurking again!*

Bruce

#7293 6 years ago

Manufacturer: Gottlieb
Game/Type: Sunset / EM 2 Player
Month/Year: November 1962
Production: 2,275
Contact/Link: detroit.craigslist.org link

Condition: "Up for sale is a working Gottlieb Sunset EM pinball machine. Backglass look good. Would make a great restoration /flip project. Have key for cash door too."

#7294 6 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

The USPS did a good job shipping such a fragile piece during Christmas rush. Mr. Mailman walked the box up to my door. He said, somewhat interested, "Oh..." when I told him that I restore pinball machines. I then invited him to have a peek inside and got excited when he saw Black Knight! Can't blame him at all. I, too, get excited seeing my beloved Black Knight and Firepower. It was a good sign to see the package intact without any damage.

Beauty! Gorgeous!

This backglass will remain safely stowed away in the shipping box until I get Queen of Hearts up on its feet and backbox attached. I may be asking for some help putting this backglass in safely. The front wooden frame has been removed from the backbox. Does the backglass go in from the backside of the backbox?
I have handled literally hundreds of backglasses and playfield glass. Never have I had so much reticence about handling a backglass. The Queen is 65 years old!!! She is irreplaceable! I will be handling with the utmost care and reverence for such wonderful piece of Americana.
I am working on three Project Pins right now, Laser Cue, Super-Flite and Liberty Bell, all Williams games. I always try to do that before ordering parts so I can order in bunches sometimes at a discount. Laser Cue is almost finished. When done, I will move Queen of Hearts to the top of the queue. I might even document my work here on Pinside. It should be interesting restoring the Ole Queen. Gottliebs are still a bit of a mystery to me and I have no idea what surprises lay ahead of me when I dig into 1952 era pinball tech! I have eight Gottlieb pins at the PPPP and this would be the first Gottlieb I get working, with a little bit of luck and a lot of patience.
Santa says "Ho Ho Ho!" I say "Hee Hee Hee!" Christmas came early this year and I felt like a kid on Christmas morning opening my gift. It means even more to me knowing the thoughts behind the present.
Words cannot convey how grateful I am for 'The Perfect Christmas Gift' and your kindest of thoughts.

Very nice to see that at your place in one piece! I hate backglasses in the mail --- typically everything ends up OK but it is such a risk when shipping something nearly impossible to replace. Best of luck to you with your machine! I see Clay (VFW) has one so he might be able to answer questions you have once you get working on it.

#7295 6 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Beauty! Gorgeous!

I can uncross my fingers, now that the royal glass has arrived safely. It gives us all great satisfaction to know that your Queen of Hearts will rise from the ashes and that you will enjoy making her live again.

As for installing Gottlieb woodrail backglasses, there are two methods. First, if the two wooden support braces at the top of your game's head are fragile, I suggest simply removing them by carefully prying them off. Doing so allows enough room to slide in the backglass on an angle, while the backbox mechanism is attached. If desired, you could glue those support braces back on after installation. I wouldn't use excessive glue, though, in case you ever needed to remove the backglass and wanted easy access in the future.

The second method, which is more time-consuming, is to remove the entire backbox board mechanism. To do so, here are the steps:

* First be sure that there are 2 screws, sufficiently extended toward each other, at the midpoint of the internal backbox so that the backbox board can rest securely upon same, when the backbox is retracted diagonally downward for access.
* Next, identify a soft, safe location immediately behind the game to place the heavy backbox board once it is removed.
* Next, unplug the Jones plugs.
* Next, unscrew the 3 female Jones plug assemblies at the bottom.
* Next, while supporting the backbox in the down position, unscrew the 4 or 5 or so screws on the hinge, which hold the hinge itself to the cabinet.
* Next, while holding the weight of the backbox board mechanism, carefully set it aside with the hinge still attached. You will now have enough room to insert the backglass from the bottom up, even with the wooden support braces intact, at the top of the internal backbox.
* After installing the backglass, be careful to align the bottom of the backbox board when reattaching the hinge, to avoid pressing against the backglass.

Alternatively, since your backbox "frame" is already removed, you have the additional option to simply place the backglass into the frame alone and then carefully glue the frame (with glass installed) back onto the backbox. However, this will require a careful use of the glue to avert seepage into the glass.

Frankly, I think that Ryan had the timing of this gift off by a month. Shouldn't the greatest gobble hole game ever made (according to Wayne Neyens himself) be the subject of the turkey holiday? Merry Christmas to all and to all a gobble hole night.

#7296 6 years ago

Well I'm late as usual. This thread is in my top 5 on pinside. They all relate to EM's, games, parts and restorations. So far no deals struck but I know it will happen. Not to many project games in the midwest. (Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas and northers Missouri) Thanks to everyone who lists games but especially Pecos. Enjoy that new backglass on your restored game. Glad I could be part of saying thanks. Don (fingersport)

#7297 6 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

I can uncross my fingers, now that the royal glass has arrived safely.

I would hate myself if this beauty got broken. You did a great job packaging it. Thanks!

Quoted from ZNET:

Alternatively, since your backbox "frame" is already removed, you have the additional option to simply place the backglass into the frame alone and then carefully glue the frame (with glass installed) back onto the backbox. However, this will require a careful use of the glue to avert seepage into the glass.

Here are some pics of the frame. Are the nails supposed to be there? Wood Frame + Nails + Glue + Backglass + ME + Hammer = Disaster. I don't like the math!

DSCF3076 (resized).JPGDSCF3076 (resized).JPG

DSCF3077 (resized).JPGDSCF3077 (resized).JPG

Quoted from ZNET:

The second method, which is more time-consuming, is to remove the entire backbox board mechanism. To do so, here are the steps:

Thank you for the detailed description for this method. I don't mind removing the backbox mech board and this seems the safest so this is the method I will use.

Here is the nice letter you sent with the backglass - hope you don't mind if I share.

Queen of Hearts Backglass Letter Edited (resized).jpgQueen of Hearts Backglass Letter Edited (resized).jpg

#7298 6 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Okay, three things:
1) PLEASE let us know (or at the very least PM me) about your documentation thread. I'd love to follow along.
2) Welcome to the crazy club.
3) When you tire of that game, can I have the right of first refusal? (Actually serious! Ha-ha!)

I will start on Tuesday to give the backstory to what will be my longest trip ever in the quest for the silverball. My goal is to share the trip in an entertaining way.

Been in this crazy club of buying machines for over 29 years. It is in my blood.

You can have first dibs but wait til you see this Dogies first... it has an extra special brown cabinet paint job. I am praying that paint will come off so I can trace new stencils. If not, I know of another nearby Pinsider who will let me trace his game.

#7299 6 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

I would hate myself if this beauty got broken. You did a great job packaging it. Thanks!

Here are some pics of the frame. Are the nails supposed to be there? Wood Frame + Nails + Glue + Backglass + ME + Hammer = Disaster. I don't like the math!

Thank you for the detailed description for this method. I don't mind removing the backbox mech board and this seems the safest so this is the method I will use.
Here is the nice letter you sent with the backglass - hope you don't mind if I share.

If you go the backbox mechanical board removal route, you will, naturally, need to first secure that frame to the backbox. The frame was originally attached at the factory without nails, as I recall. In any event, nails are not needed and are cumbersome, now that the frame has been removed. Thus, utilizing wood glue to secure the frame will be needed, irrespective of the backglass installation method you select. Discard the nails and fill the nail holes with wood filler, if any such holes are visible. Also, if desired, lightly sand and refinish the exposed portion of the frame. Then, repaint the black portion of the frame with gloss black paint, prior to reattaching the frame.

Given that you need to glue the frame to the backbox anyway, I would consider installing the backglass at the time of the frame installation, if you are confident with your ability to glue. I would place the backbox flat on its back and let gravity do the work. Place a thin piece of foam (1/8 or 1/16 inch thick) over the light-board. Lay the backglass over the foam. The 2 wooden braces at the top will not interfere with this method. Carefully and judiciously run a very thin bead of wood glue on the frame's surface. Align the frame with the backbox, press lightly and wait overnight. The only cautionary measure is to go easy on the glue to avert seepage to the backglass.

If you're not confident with your gluing skills, opt for one of the other methods.

We're all anxious to see the finished product, Pecos. No joke!

20151230_190357 (resized).jpg20151230_190357 (resized).jpg

#7300 6 years ago

The photo in my previous post failed to load. Let's try to load a couple here.

20151230_190357 (resized).jpg20151230_190357 (resized).jpg

20151230_190329 (resized).jpg20151230_190329 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

Boards
Troxel Repair

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 169.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 44.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Kettering, OH
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 26,067 posts in this topic. You are on page 146 of 522.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/post-project-pins-for-sale-here-cl-ebay-pinside-and-others/page/146?hl=pinostalgia and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.