Topic Stats

• 13,556 posts
  • 454 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 34 minutes ago by bluespin
  • Topic is favorited by 406 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,084 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

00H0H_dNaDfnOGkwY_1200x900 (resized).jpg
00L0L_3iJFLR1k8TG_1200x900 (resized).jpg
s-l1602 (resized).jpg
s-l1600 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2019-08-17-01-53-55 (resized).png
83B4657B-56CF-421E-81C1-B14804276023 (resized).jpeg
780977D1-CCA5-4E9A-8906-1C32CC301EB3 (resized).jpeg
111101C9-A0F9-4A3A-B9C5-BBAD7BAB3BC5 (resized).jpeg
945EB39C-AE5F-43D7-9C35-83C2DC37197C (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2019-08-12 at 6.37.57 PM (resized).png
image-2 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2019-08-12-16-33-38 (resized).png
20170329_221849(1) (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2019-08-10-14-10-04 (resized).png
13A4B419-3066-4286-B478-52EBF1818392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190809_104247 (resized).jpg

There are 13556 posts in this topic. You are on page 127 of 272.
#6301 1 year ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Manufacturer: Gottlieb
Game/Type: Black Hole / SS System 80, 4 Player
Features: Widebody
Month/Year: October 1981
Production: 8,774
Cost: $750

This is actually located in Franklin, WI and is for sale by a pinsider. Tom's a good guy and you can't go wrong buying from him.

Dave

#6302 1 year ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

I just can't figure out why the playfield looks pretty presentable. I am guessing the paint will come right off when the ball starts rolling around on it.

If you look at the pictures, it looks like their is a waterline half way up the box. My guess is the playfield didn't get wet.

As for the backglass, I don't know. However, the innards of the top don't seem to have the same damage as the bottom box does, so maybe they were above the water line also.

#6303 1 year ago

Game/Type: The Incredible Hulk / SS System 1, 4 Player
Month/Year: October 1979
Production: 6,150
Cost: $175 OBO
Contact/Link: worcester.craigslist.org link
Condition: "Working ...4 metal legs .. must go - 25 cent game - old cord"

Added 22 months ago: **This posting has been deleted by its author.**

#6304 1 year ago

Manufacturer: Bally
Game/Type: Flash Gordon / SS MPU AS-2518-35, 4 Player
Month/Year: May 1980
Production: 10,000
Cost: $625
Contact/Link: ithaca.craigslist.org link

Condition: Unknown. OP: "Serial # 6490. Manufacturers certificate included."

#6305 1 year ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Flash Gordon / SS MPU AS-2518-35, 4 Player
Month/Year: May 1980
Production: 10,000
Cost: $625
Contact/Link: ithaca.craigslist.org link
Condition: Unknown. OP: "Serial # 6490. Manufacturers certificate included."

Well, there's the steal of the day at $625. I wonder if it sells or turns into an auction with callers saying they will give them more if they hold it for them? Good luck to all the locals.

#6306 1 year ago

Game/Type: Mariner / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: October 1971
Production: 2,000
Cost: $500 OBO
Contact/Link: Pinsider: APE. https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/49380

Condition: No Pics! OP: "Beautiful Mariner for sale. Has Light playfield wear. Really pretty back glass. Game works, just needs to have fuse board replaced. Went into storage before this one small repair. All plastics and parts where recently removed and new rubbers where put on.

Contact for pictures,"

#6307 1 year ago

Game/Type: Mariner / EM 4 Player
Production: 2,000
Cost: $500 OBO
Contact/Link: richmond.craigslist.org link
Condition: "My wife has asked that I get rid of one so I am making good on that request. It's in decent shape for it's age and plays super well. Comes with a Full Metal Back as well."

#6308 1 year ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

Well, there's the steal of the day at $625. I wonder if it sells or turns into an auction with callers saying they will give them more if they hold it for them? Good luck to all the locals.

Went to look at this Sunday. Doesn't boot, has some acid damage (but a new battery?) and entire playfield was worn to wood and then hand painted, and is now wearing through that too. Upper flipper is snapped off at the shaft. Owner said when they last powered it on four years ago a flipper wasn't working and it wouldn't kick the ball out. Cabinet average, backglass nice except for some cracking at the bottom edge. Said they got so many calls they were going to up the price for future people to $825

#6309 1 year ago

Williams Post Time project listed in the marketplace.

Archived after 16 days
Sold (amount private)
Contributed to Pinside
Machine - For Sale
Post Time Archived
As is “This is a project machine and looks to be complete. Cabinet has wood grain stickers covering it, but looks like original stencil art underneath is ok. Backglass is a bit flaky. Pl...”
2018-05-25
Oceanside, NY
180 (OBO)

#6310 1 year ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Condition: "WAS MY BROTHERS, A GM PIPEFITTER"

While this description may be accurate, I don't think it's helpful.

#6311 1 year ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: The Incredible Hulk / SS System 1, 4 Player
Month/Year: October 1979
Production: 6,150
Cost: $175 OBO
Contact/Link: worcester.craigslist.org link
Condition: "Working ...4 metal legs .. must go - 25 cent game - old cord"

I messaged him as soon as it went up but never got a response...

#6312 1 year ago

Game: Mariner
Game Type: SS 4-player
Production: 7950
Cost: $450

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/145199339421940

Condition: Missing CPU board.. new CPU remakes are like $150-200... everything else is complete. $450

Nitro Ground Shaker (resized).jpg

#6313 1 year ago

^^^^^^^^ Looks pretty good for that price.

#6314 1 year ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Sure Shot, King Pin or Pin Up, Gridiron (1,025 !), Buccaneer, Playball, Aquarius, Pop-A-Card (825 !), Domino & ???/ EMs
Cost: $350 Each
Contact/Link: detroit.craigslist.org link
Condition: "We have 11 vintage Pinball machines, along with a box of used and new parts for them. They can all be seen and plugged in."

This is PENDING SOLD some guy in Ohio I talked to the owner. Bought the whole thing. I am sure we will all see them again listed for double or more.

#6315 1 year ago
Quoted from Grayman_EM:

This is PENDING SOLD some guy in Ohio I talked to the owner. Bought the whole thing. I am sure we will all see them again listed for double or more.

There is nothing wrong with buying and reselling pins honestly. If you are looking for a deal on pinball projects they will be sold long before they make it to this thread. And yes.... most all will be flipped. Condemning people who flip games is like condemning people who pickup money laying on the street before you can get it you know.

#6316 1 year ago

Jack in The box in Phoenix for $200

https://offerup.com/item/detail/355195817/?ref=Search

Description
Gottlieb jack in the box pinball machine. Complete but not fully functional. It will start a game but will not end. It needs a lot of attention and all the contacts cleaned or adjusted. Cabinet is a bit rough but the metal back door is included . I got it to learn about em pins but honestly haven't got the time to work on it. A popular title and a fun project for you.

Screenshot-2017-10-5 Jack in the box pinball machine (resized).png

#6317 1 year ago

3x Gameplan Foxy Lady cocktails: $650 in CT hartford.craigslist.org link

#6318 1 year ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

There is nothing wrong with buying and reselling pins honestly. If you are looking for a deal on pinball projects they will be sold long before they make it to this thread. And yes.... most all will be flipped. Condemning people who flip games is like condemning people who pickup money laying on the street before you can get it you know.

1. Deals on projects get through here all the time, otherwise what'd be the point of this thread?
2. Money's only purpose is to be spent. Pinballs are to be fixed and played, and maybe sold. Not even close to the same thing.

If you buy them and then just sell them again without putting in anything yourself you're basically just skimming money. No excuse to try to get paid for not doing anything.

#6319 1 year ago
Quoted from zacaj:

1. Deals on projects get through here all the time, otherwise what'd be the point of this thread?
2. Money's only purpose is to be spent. Pinballs are to be fixed and played, and maybe sold. Not even close to the same thing.
If you buy them and then just sell them again without putting in anything yourself you're basically just skimming money. No excuse to try to get paid for not doing anything.

Just for clarification before this goes any further. I rebuild project machines. I have saved probably 50 or more games that were basically trash. I enjoy pinball as a hobby not as an “investment” and I will resell the majority of the games I rebuild. To be quite honest though I believe I enjoy fixing the machines more than playing them at this point. I suck at pinball lol. Obviously I am not flipping games like what was described above.

I understand where you guys get frustrated wth people who simply buy and resell a game for profit without doing anything to it but be honest with yourself, what is the difference in “flipping” games and selling basically anything else? If you sell merchandise at a flea market, did you first clean and restore the merchandise? No, you bought it cheap and then sold it for profit. This is how all hobbies work. I build vintage baseball card sets. Every single card I buy has been “flipped.” The person I bought it from turned a profit and did nothing. Am I pissed about it? No. Should I be? No. That’s what capitalism is. I was kind of under the impression that it was still a resounding economic principle here in the United States of America. I have collected tons of crap over the years and in every hobby there are people that simply “flip” merchandise. Pinball is the only hobby where people get pissy about it though.

And just to make things clear this thread is about pinball project machines. Do some deals get posted here? Sure. But the truth is if you aren’t activiely doing the searching yourself the great deals will be gone before you have a chance. I’d guess the lot of 11 machines sold for about $2000 total for the entire package and the seller was willing to take less for moving all at once. I’d bet whoever bought them responded to the ad within minutes of it being posted and made their offer. I’d go even further and venture a guess that they loaded their box truck with the machines that night and that the seller and buyer were both very pleased with the transaction. Pinball sure does seem to have a lot of unwritten rules lol

#6320 1 year ago

^^ You make some valid points but are dead wrong about this comment
"Pinball is the only hobby where people get pissy about it though."
And I will say with a smile for everyone with a good find--before posting your barn find could you at least clean the playfield glass before posting on craigslist or pinside please.
-Mike

#6321 1 year ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

^^ You make some valid points but are dead wrong about this comment
"Pinball is the only hobby where people get pissy about it though."
And I will say with a smile for everyone with a good find--before posting your barn find could you at least clean the playfield glass before posting on craigslist or pinside please.
-Mike

Touché lol. I guess when I am buying those high number commons to complete my 48 leaf football set I am just thrilled to have found them and I don’t think about the fact the dealer I am buying them from bought them for pennies on the dollar off of some elderly widow. I do understand the frustration people get though. People sometimes act like it’s a crime to turn a profit.

I apologize to all for hijacking the thread. I enjoy all the work everyone does in making this thread possible I read it every morning. Now back to those project games!!!

#6322 1 year ago
Quoted from zacaj:

How much time do you have to put in before it is not considered skimming? I recently bought two pins with the idea of selling both. One is still folded up and waiting for attention.

The other one? I stripped the play field and waxed it and added a set of rubber rings and cleaned the play field glass. That's all I did. That took about an hour of my time. It play fines and is now sold for an amount that gives me the other pin for free. I could have done nothing to this pin and sold it for a bit less. So, where does the skimming part become "not skimming"? Does adding a set of rubber rings make it not skimming?

I have another pin I bought real cheap. I bought it to sell and try to make a little money to help pay for my other pinball stuff that is eating me out of house and home It is covered with 35 years of nicotine. Cleaning the nicotine off is more than I want to mess with but the pin has more collector value than what I paid. I might mess with it and I might just take the money and run. Maybe that is skimming, but why would that be bad? No one else at this auction knew anything about pinball machines. If I was not there it would have more than likely wound up in someone's shed or garage to further deteriorate. But now, this pin is going to live again. And I'll make some money for my time and gas in going to the auction to get this pin. Is this skimming?

#6323 1 year ago

Just for clarification before this goes any further. I rebuild project machines. I have saved probably 50 or more games that were basically trash. I enjoy pinball as a hobby not as an “investment” and I will resell the majority of the games I rebuild. To be quite honest though I believe I enjoy fixing the machines more than playing them at this point. I suck at pinball lol. Obviously I am not flipping games like what was described above.

Not a problem, then. I too enjoy fixing more than playing often. If you buy a game, put time and money into it, and then sell it for more, good for you! There are less people that can fix games than want them, you're doing something you enjoy, and helping people out. But this type of reselling is obviously not what grayman_em was complaining about.

Quoted from jmountjoy111:I understand where you guys get frustrated wth people who simply buy and resell a game for profit without doing anything to it but be honest with yourself, what is the difference in “flipping” games and selling basically anything else?

With every other example you posted, there isn't much 'fixing' or 'playing' to do. They're baseball cards, you put them in your binder. Even the people at flea markets are providing a minimum service, in that they go to the trouble of building connections, finding all this stuff, and bringing it there, although I'm sure not all of them deserve the profit they're getting either. The thing with pinball is, who are the people the flippers are selling to when they flip it? The same people that were trying to buy the game in the first place. If the flipper had done nothing at all, the eventual buyer wouldn't have put any more work in. At the end of they day the average flipper isn't doing anything for the hobby, they're just siphoning money from other people into their wallets.

The person I bought it from turned a profit and did nothing. Am I pissed about it? No. Should I be?

Yes! That's the point!

Quoted from cottonm4:

The other one? I stripped the play field and waxed it and added a set of rubber rings and cleaned the play field glass. That's all I did. That took about an hour of my time. It play fines and is now sold for an amount that gives me the other pin for free. I could have done nothing to this pin and sold it for a bit less. So, where does the skimming part become "not skimming"? Does adding a set of rubber rings make it not skimming?

Personally, if I got a pin for below project market value, and then I put minimal work into it, I'd sell it for a bit below working pin value. Pass on a bit of my luck to the next person. If you did the quickest, most surface level clean, and then slapped the minimum of new parts on it, and then went and asked for a price at the higher end of the scale, I might side eye you a bit, but at that point how would I know? Getting the pin to that state could have taken you 20 hours instead of one if some gremlin in the boards caused issues, or whatever. Even if it only took you an hour, you still checked the game out and confirmed that everything was working, that's worth something. In the end, if it looks like someone's put in some effort, I figure 'good enough': it's not worth thinking about at that point.

Quoted from cottonm4:

I have another pin I bought real cheap. I bought it to sell and try to make a little money to help pay for my other pinball stuff that is eating me out of house and home It is covered with 35 years of nicotine. Cleaning the nicotine off is more than I want to mess with but the pin has more collector value than what I paid. I might mess with it and I might just take the money and run. Maybe that is skimming, but why would that be bad? No one else at this auction knew anything about pinball machines. If I was not there it would have more than likely wound up in someone's shed or garage to further deteriorate. But now, this pin is going to live again. And I'll make some money for my time and gas in going to the auction to get this pin. Is this skimming?

1. Per above, if you found the pin somewhere where no other pinhead would have found it, then you're not skimming the money from them, as they couldn't have gotten it anyway. You had a special bit of knowledge/connection that you used, you didn't just watch craigslist on your phone.
2. You saved it from sitting and deteriorating, that's good!

Thus, if you want to add $100-200 onto the price, that's more than reasonable. You drove there, you spent your time, you loaded and unloaded, and you'll probably give a better description when you sell than the original seller would. At the end of the day my problem with flippers is they're not doing anything for anyone else to justify the money they make.

On the other hand, if you (say) picked up a project Monster Bash for $100 at an auction, let it sit in your garage for a few months, and then put it up for sale for $6000.... I don't think that's fair.

#6324 1 year ago

Sadly things are getting way off topic here. Bottom line is there will always be "flippers" in any hobby and that isn't going to change. Those people that do something just to make a quick buck don't see anything wrong with doing that. In some ways I hate them and in other way I wish I could do what they do. But the one thing for sure is they will always be around in any hobby.

I never worry about what someone paid for something I am buying - I just worry about what it is worth to me. Bottom line is I have no control over others actions - the only thing I can control is my actions.

#6325 1 year ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

Sadly things are getting way off topic here. Bottom line is there will always be "flippers" in any hobby and that isn't going to change. Those people that do something just to make a quick buck don't see anything wrong with doing that. In some ways I hate them and in other way I wish I could do what they do. But the one thing for sure is they will always be around in any hobby.
I never worry about what someone paid for something I am buying - I just worry about what it is worth to me. Bottom line is I have no control over others actions - the only thing I can control is my actions.

You are correct there are even TV shows about "flipping", American Pickers (American Flippers) Housing ones and so on. No deferent then used cars lots, they try to find them cheap and make money some get fixed some don't.

Like you said what's it worth to me that goes with buying and selling.

Now back to project pinballs anybody have some they want to sell? I'm on the fence of listing some of my projects. Not flips just like your title I have "too many pins" more games then space.

#6326 1 year ago

I think what pisses people off the most are those guys that post 'want to buy' CL ads EVERY SINGLE DAY, come to your house, chew you down on your price, then list your machine 2 days later at 3 times the price without doing a damn thing to it.

Pretty safe to say none of us are like that. Sure, we like to pick up projects for a bargain. And we even see $$ in our eyes and buy a game knowing we can sell it for more. But at least we fix it, clean it or even restore it before we do. And personally, I like to keep them around awhile and play them first.

#6327 1 year ago

Sadly things are getting way off topic here. Bottom line is there will always be "flippers" in any hobby and that isn't going to change.

Definitely when people keep defending them....

#6328 1 year ago

The only flippers that bother me are the ones that buy something off Craigslist, then relist it the next day for more than the original seller. The new post is in a new city, but with the old sellers pictures. For example there is a guy in Charlotte that sold a Nugent for $300. The next day another seller (different seller) listed the same pin with the same pictures for $3200. Same thing happened with a Genie in CA. Seller sold it same day that he listed it at $200, next day it was listed for $1600 an hour away.

#6329 1 year ago

Game/Type: Nip-It / EM
Month/Year: February 1972
Production: 4,580
Cost: $600
Link/Contact: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1899148113732359

OP: A unit of some historic note, being featured on Happy Days (1972). Electronic systems are fully functional. There is some wear and tear on play surface and rubber is damaged on flippers -- easy work for an inspired tinkerer. Pick up only.

#6330 1 year ago
Quoted from zacaj:

On the other hand, if you (say) picked up a project Monster Bash for $100 at an auction, let it sit in your garage for a few months, and then put it up for sale for $6000.... I don't think that's fair.

My parents gave me a MB for my birthday. They have both passed on. I don't have to pay them back and my cost in the pin is ZERO.
People in the marketplace are tripping over themselves to buy MBs at $6k plus. So, should I sell it to you for $400 or $500 so you can turn around and sell it for your "good guy" price of only $1100.00. And then your buyer, obviously another good guy, can sell it for $1600.00? And this MB keeps getting turned until it finally discovers its true market price of $6k.

Sorry, I like my way better. I'll sell it direct for $6K and cut out all the middlemen (which includes you).

But I am interested in what your definition of "fair" is.

#6331 1 year ago

Like with politics , legalizing weed, abortion, and so many other topics there is really not right or wrong - just different people with different ideas.

Bottom line here is this topic is "PROJECT PINS FOR SALE" not what is "fair or unfair when buying and selling used machines".

So how about we all just agree that this discussion does not belong under this topic and move on?

#6332 1 year ago

I'll try a second time to get all y'all back on the correct subject.

Manufacturer: Williams
Game/Type: Jive Time / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: April 1970
Production: 465+ Appx
Cost: $200 OBO
Contact/Link: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/287641541730430

OP: Jive Time pinball machine need repair.. As-Is I bought this a month or so ago with the intention to get it working.. But I have not had any time to even look at it and I have nowhere to put it right now so I'm just going to sell it as-is to the first $200 obo
It not in to bad of shape and should be able to get it playing with a few repairs. Must pick up in Hendersonville and you must have help to load it..

#6333 1 year ago
Quoted from bluespin:

The only flippers that bother me are the ones that buy something off Craigslist, then relist it the next day for more than the original seller. The new post is in a new city, but with the old sellers pictures. For example there is a guy in Charlotte that sold a Nugent for $300. The next day another seller (different seller) listed the same pin with the same pictures for $3200. Same thing happened with a Genie in CA. Seller sold it same day that he listed it at $200, next day it was listed for $1600 an hour away.

Why should a Genie in Cali bother you? You were not going to buy it. If I understand you correctly, if the buyer-turned-seller would take new pics then all is well?

Half of me wants to feel sorry for sellers who sold something too cheap. The other half of me says it is the seller's fault for not researching the market before placing an ad. And the other other half of me wants to feel sorry for someone who paid too much (like the idiot who bought a home edition Evel Knievel on Ebay for $2200.00). And yet, the fourth half of me says "Buyer Beware". Do your homework.

#6334 1 year ago

Here is a Meteor in Wichita for sale. I'd be interested, but the back glass is flaked out.

He is hard on his $700.00 price.

wichita.craigslist.org link

"Pinball machine works but needs a little work to make it a great machine. The drop targets need to be taken off and either set the gap in the leaf switches or replace them. A few plastics are broke, cabinet is in decent shape. Great first pinball machine or for someone that wants to work on one. This machine was built in 1979 by Stern. Text me at 316-two one 3- one 4 six 9"

#6335 1 year ago

Like with politics , legalizing weed, abortion, and so many other topics there is really not right or wrong - just different people with different ideas.
Bottom line here is this topic is "PROJECT PINS FOR SALE" not what is "fair or unfair when buying and selling used machines".
So how about we all just agree that this discussion does not belong under this topic and move on?

+1

This conversation is taking all the fun out of this thread.....

#6336 1 year ago

This isn't a project, but is a great price. This seller will not ship.

Game/Type: Blackout / SS
Year: Jume 1980
Production: 7,050
Cost: $650
Contact/Link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/299213816922644/permalink/835429966634357/?sale_post_id=835429966634357

OP: I always loved this game & have one in my collection! Very fun with lots of spinners, speech, drop targets....its a very fast playing game. The backglass is nice & was sealed, the cabinet is also in nice shape too. The playfield was worn badly & was touched up, looks presentable now. Playfield was completely torn down, cleaned, waxed with a high speed drill, all posts & screws tumbled, then re-assembled with all new rubbers! Perfect plastics & plays perfectly! Removed the battery holder on the CPU & added a memory capacitor, so no acid damage in the future! I priced this fair as these usually sell for more. PM me if you want to come play/see it!

#6337 1 year ago
Quoted from bluespin:

I'll try a second time to get all y'all back on the correct subject.
Game/Type: Jive Time / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: April 1970
Production: 465+ Appx
Cost: $200 OBO
Contact/Link: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/287641541730430
OP: Jive Time pinball machine need repair.. As-Is I bought this a month or so ago with the intention to get it working.. But I have not had any time to even look at it and I have nowhere to put it right now so I'm just going to sell it as-is to the first $200 obo
It not in to bad of shape and should be able to get it playing with a few repairs. Must pick up in Hendersonville and you must have help to load it..

I get this error when I try to view that post....mabey b/c I haven't joined that group?

Sorry, this content isn't available right now

The link you followed may have expired, or the page may only be visible to an audience you're not in.

Go back to the previous page · Go to News Feed · Visit our Help Center

#6338 1 year ago

Manufacturer: Stern
Game/Type: The Simpsons Pinball Party/ SS 4 Player
Month/Year: January 2003
Production: 5,900
Cost: $3,000
Seller: Kristopher Vincent
Link/Contact: https://www.facebook.com/groups/234506863645321/permalink/365274013901938/?sale_post_id=365274013901938

OP: Simpsons Pinball Party: game is mostly complete (I think it is missing a start button), needs some wiring in bottom of cab redone due to fire. Cab is not damaged, just some wires fried. Already have a new transformer for it, just needs wiring finished. Play field is is great shape. $3000

Simpsons Pinball Party lower cab: this is a brand new never used lower cab for Simpsons Pinball Party. $600

#6339 1 year ago

Game/Type: Fast Ball/ Pitch and Bat
Month/Year: March 1969
Production: ????
Cost: $600
Seller: Josh Hubbard
Link/Contact: https://www.facebook.com/groups/234506863645321/permalink/348350385594301/?sale_post_id=348350385594301

OP: Fully working
Missing backglass and playfield glass. Have quote on backglass for $275.
Has motion in backbox where runners run the bases
Clean cabinet and playfield
Fun Game! Can assist in freight or deliver to Chicago in November

#6340 1 year ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

I get this error when I try to view that post....mabey b/c I haven't joined that group?
Sorry, this content isn't available right now
The link you followed may have expired, or the page may only be visible to an audience you're not in.
Go back to the previous page · Go to News Feed · Visit our Help Center

It is a closed group. Send a join request and someone will approve in a few hours. The seller on Facebook is Chris Denton, in case you want to pm him directly.

#6341 1 year ago
Quoted from bluespin:

It is a closed group. Send a join request and someone will approve in a few hours. The seller on Facebook is Chris Denton, in case you want to pm him directly.

Whats the group's name?

#6342 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

My parents gave me a MB for my birthday. They have both passed on. I don't have to pay them back and my cost in the pin is ZERO.
People in the marketplace are tripping over themselves to buy MBs at $6k plus. So, should I sell it to you for $400 or $500 so you can turn around and sell it for your "good guy" price of only $1100.00. And then your buyer, obviously another good guy, can sell it for $1600.00? And this MB keeps getting turned until it finally discovers its true market price of $6k.
Sorry, I like my way better. I'll sell it direct for $6K and cut out all the middlemen (which includes you).

And ten people who might never otherwise have gotten the chance will enjoy MB. Or not, I can't stand MB, and even if you offered it to me for $500 I wouldn't buy it, because I know I would just sell it again.

Not that I'd say you should sell yours for $500, but if you got it for free, and a fair market price is $6k, consider $5k, or $5500? Pass on a bit of your good fortune.

Quoted from cottonm4:

But I am interested in what your definition of "fair" is.

I don't think that profitting from doing nothing is fair.

Ah yes, the good old 'nothing is right or wrong, morals don't exist, nihilism is the one truth'. So sorry for discussing the buying and selling of project pinballs in the project pinball thread

#6343 1 year ago
Quoted from zacaj:

And ten people who might never otherwise have gotten the chance will enjoy MB. Or not, I can't stand MB, and even if you offered it to me for $500 I wouldn't buy it, because I know I would just sell it again.
Not that I'd say you should sell yours for $500, but if you got it for free, and a fair market price is $6k, consider $5k, or $5500? Pass on a bit of your good fortune.

I don't think that profitting from doing nothing is fair.

Ah yes, the good old 'nothing is right or wrong, morals don't exist, nihilism is the one truth'. So sorry for discussing the buying and selling of project pinballs in the project pinball thread

It is a "Project Pins For Sale" thread not a debate on how much should a seller make on a machine they buy for resale. Flippers who "overcharge" for machines are not here on Pinside reading post complaining about what they do they are out trying to beat the other guy to the next deal.

If we use the logic that sellers shouldn't make a profit then Stern, JJP, and the rest of the people making machines should sell them for what they cost to make and apples should be free because they just grow on trees so farmers shouldn't charge for them!

I am not saying it is right for someone to buy a machine for $300 and turn around and sell it for $1500 without even touching it. What I am saying is that will never change so bitching about it isn't going to help. You want to keep people from doing that DON'T buy what they put up for sale. If they can't sell what they buy they will stop buying at some point. But as long as there is someone willing to pay their inflated prices they will keep doing it.

#6344 1 year ago

It is a "Project Pins For Sale" thread not a debate on how much should a seller make on a machine they buy for resale. Flippers who "overcharge" for machines are not here on Pinside reading post complaining about what they do they are out trying to beat the other guy to the next deal.

If we use the logic that sellers shouldn't make a profit then Stern, JJP, and the rest of the people making machines should sell them for what they cost to make and apples should be free because they just grow on trees so farmers shouldn't charge for them!

I am not saying it is right for someone to buy a machine for $300 and turn around and sell it for $1500 without even touching it. What I am saying is that will never change so bitching about it isn't going to help. You want to keep people from doing that DON'T buy what they put up for sale. If they can't sell what they buy they will stop buying at some point. But as long as there is someone willing to pay their inflated prices they will keep doing it.

It's just a little exasperating when it happens. They're just venting a little bit. It's not a huge issue.

#6345 1 year ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Manufacturer: Midway / Bally
Game/Type: Cybernaut / SS AS-2518-35, 4 Player
Month/Year: May 1985
Production: 900 (!)
Cost: $650
Contact/Link: cincinnati.craigslist.org link Condition: Looks pretty nice! No legs in pics. OP:"This pinball machine lights up on the playfield when tested, however, I have not yet hooked up the back box to the playfield box, as I a not very knowledgeable when it comes to pinball machines. Feel free to ask any questions."
Added 2 days ago: **Price reduced to $550**

**Price reduced again - now to $500**
cincinnati.craigslist.org link

Added 22 months ago: **Price reduced to $470**

#6346 1 year ago
Quoted from Pecos:

neighbor had one. This game is a lot of fun. Good price for it

#6347 1 year ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Omg, if that wasn't so far away it'd be in my car on it's way home right now, as i figure out where the hell I'm gonna fit another pin in my house.

#6348 1 year ago

Quoted from Pecos:Manufacturer: Gottlieb
Game/Type: Torch / SS System 1, 4 Player
Month/Year: February 1980
Production: 3,880
Cost: $400
Condition: " ...nice playfield, backglass has some wear. Needs some work, powers on but that's it."
Game/Type: Hot Tip / SS System 3, 4 Player
Month/Year: November 1977
Production: 4,903
Cost: $675
Condition: "Nice shape. Works but resets itself for some reason. Scores and sounds all work correctly. Newer rubbers and cleaned playfield. Have the manual as well"
Cost: Both for $900
Contact/Link: seattle.craigslist.org link

**Relisted and price reduced again - $700 for both**
portland.craigslist.org link

#6349 1 year ago
Quoted from Pecos:

That thing has been for sale forever. He had six others and they are all gone. I wonder what part of the story isn’t being told??? I have thought about calling him but never have gotten around to it lol.

#6350 1 year ago

Game/Type: Time Fantasy / SS System 7, 4 Player
Year: March 1983
Production: 608 (!)
Cost: $1100
Contact/Link: portland.craigslist.org link
Condition: "Rare game, and real fun to play. You can really check out the play field in the above link and see for yourself. The Time tube will blow your mind.
It's playable, but needs some work. Player 3 score is out, and some of the other numbers are on the fritz. The sound gets off sometimes, which has happened to some other system 7 games I've owned in the past. Playfield shows wear, as it should, because once again, it's a super playable game."
Weird backglass. The only pinball machine I know with a snail on it!
Time Fantasy Snail (resized).png

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 21.00
$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
2,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Flint, MI
$ 19.95
There are 13556 posts in this topic. You are on page 127 of 272.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside