IMG_0166 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0108 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0145 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
427544480_438001162096613_4726558780365908600_n (resized).jpg
432351887_946619277018071_8910572839030189925_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 26,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 125 of 522.
#6201 6 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

dashingdaryl This is a two player wedgehead, not a very popular title, and is probably only worth $500-600 if the playfield and cabinet are in nice condition. If you search this forum using the filter "find in this forum" you will see that this title has been offered on Craigslist for $250-350 with the backglass. The most popular wedgehead were the one player versions because they could offer more complex scoring bonus opportunities if there was only one scoring reel.

Thanks. As a pinside newbie, I never knew what a wedge head was.

#6202 6 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

No backglass, possibly 3 missing inserts in the playfield. No shot of the cabinet paint Condition. As is, probably around $100 to $200.

My thoughts exactly! Now if I could only get the buyer to see it from our Viewpoint

#6203 6 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

Ron Webb has 3 Mayfair repro. glasses in stock. $275.00.
http://pinballglass.homestead.com/

Quoted from cottonm4:

Here is a Gottlieb Mayfair for sale in Missouri for $650.00. With the back glass.
loz.craigslist.org link
BG Resto does NOT have this back glass on file. You will have a hard time finding one.
http://bgresto.com/

Just the info I needed. I really appreciate your input!

#6204 6 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

This thread has become a source of information for prices listed for Project Pins. To get a list of all posts containing 'Mayfair' put the term 'Mayfair' in the 'Containing keyword(s)...' search box at the top right of the page. It will take you to this page:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/post-project-pins-for-sale-here-cl-ebay-pinside-and-others?tq=Mayfair&tu
Remember, though, that these are listed prices and not necessarily the prices that the game sold for. You would expect 'sold for' prices to be less than the listed price.
You can also go to Pinside's game archive and search for 'Mayfair.' You can get to the game archive by clicking on 'Games' in the Options Bar at the top of the page under the Pinside logo. Enter 'Mayfair' in the Quick Search box and click the 'Find games' button. Some games will show an average of the price sold and a range for the game you are searching for. Some won't. Unfortunately, Mayfair has no sold history on Pinside.
You then have to take condition into account. You can deduct money for not having a backglass, assuming the other games listed did have backglasses. But please be aware that a lot the Project Pins that have been listed in this thread have flaws of their own. It's 'ballpark' at best but it can give you some idea of the value of the game that you are interested in buying.
Or you could just ask and some kind Pinsider, someone like CactusJack, could chime in with a price range for you.

THANK YOU! That is VERY helpful information

#6205 6 years ago
Quoted from DashingDaryl:

Thanks. As a pinside newbie, I never knew what a wedge head was.

A wedgehead is a single-player cabinet made by Gottlieb and a few others in foreign markets. It was never used for multiplayer cabinets of any type. The cabinet style was named for the shape of the head - it starts wide at the top and narrows towards the body. Wedge-shaped. The multiplayer cabs have a square/rectangular shape due to the need for additional hardware to display multiple scores and lamps and etc. Look up 'Sing-Along' on the IPDB. That is an iconic wedgehead.

One other company made a similar style cabinet in the 1960s - Williams - with the 'reverse-wedgehead'. This is a design with the largest part of the head at the bottom. Again, these are only single players. Look up 'Riverboat' on the IPDB. An iconic reverse-wedgehead.

#6206 6 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Manufacturer: Gottlieb
Game/Type: Pop-A-Card / EM 1 Player
Features: Add a Ball
Month/Year: March 1972
Production: 825 (!)
Cost: $650 OBO
Contact/Link: watertown.craigslist.org link
OP: Pop a card works great have no room 650 obo

That's the AAB version of Drop-A-Card and I can confirm it's a super fun game. Love the 13 drop targets!

#6207 6 years ago

Manufacturer: Bally
Game/Type: Turf Kings / EM Horserace Game, flipperless
Year: April 1950
Cost: $175
Link/Contact: toledo.craigslist.org link

OP: I do not know much about this game, if it works or not. Looks to me to be complete

#6208 6 years ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

One other company made a similar style cabinet in the 1960s

Don't forget Chicago Coin's Kicker! http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1363&picno=5510

#6209 6 years ago

Quoted from Pecos:Manufacturer: Gottlieb
Game/Type: Torch / SS System 1, 4 Player
Month/Year: February 1980
Production: 3,880
Cost: $300
Condition: "...nice playfield, backglass has some wear. Needs some work, powers on but that's it."
Manufacturer: Williams
Game/Type: Hot Tip / SS System 3, 4 Player
Month/Year: November 1977
Production: 4,903
Cost: $600
Condition: "This is the solid state digital version. Nice shape. Works but resets itself for some reason. Scores and sounds all work correctly. Newer rubbers and cleaned playfield. Have the manual as well."
Cost: $800 for both
Contact/Link: seattle.craigslist.org link

**Relisted and price reduced, Hot Tip from $600 to $550 and both from $800 to $750**
portland.craigslist.org link

Added over 7 years ago: **This posting has been deleted by its author.**

#6210 6 years ago

Game/Type: Charlies Angels / SS System 1, 4 Player
Month/Year: November 1978
Production: 7,950
Cost: $250 OBO
Contact/Link: allentown.craigslist.org link
Condition: "Not working but does light up,back glass does have flaking, play field no major wear"

#6211 6 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Firepower II / SS System 7, 4 Player
Month/Year: August 1983
Production: 3,400
Cost: $800 Best offer
Contact/Link: newjersey.craigslist.org link
Condition: Playfield wear. OP: "Needs work."

**Relisted at reduced price $650**
newjersey.craigslist.org link

#6212 6 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Manufacturer: Premier / Gottlieb
Game/Type: El Dorado City of Gold/ SS System 80A, 4 Player
Month/Year: September 1984
Production: 905 (!)
Cost: $500
Contact/Link: stlouis.craigslist.org link Condition:

**Relisted and price increased to $750 Different owner? Located in Chesterfield.**
stlouis.craigslist.org link

#6213 6 years ago

Game/Type: Bow and Arrow / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: November 1974
Production: 7,630

Game/Type: Strato-Flite / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: July 1974
Production: 5,977

Plus a Japanese slot machine.

Cost: $800 for all
Contact/Link: lexington.craigslist.org link

Condition: "I have two pinball machines one works real good I was told that the other needed about $200 worth of work also a poker machine"

#6214 6 years ago

Manufacturer: Midway / Bally
Game/Type: Cybernaut / SS AS-2518-35, 4 Player
Month/Year: May 1985
Production: 900 (!)
Cost: $650
Contact/Link: cincinnati.craigslist.org link
Condition: Looks pretty nice! No legs in pics. OP:"This pinball machine lights up on the playfield when tested, however, I have not yet hooked up the back box to the playfield box, as I a not very knowledgeable when it comes to pinball machines. Feel free to ask any questions."
Added over 7 years ago: **Price reduced to $550**

#6215 6 years ago

Game/Type: Firepower / SS System 6, 4 Player
Month/Year: February, 1980
Production: 17,410
Cost: $600
Condition: Lower playfield wear. OP: "Was working fine but now I can't get it to start a new game, but it lights up when turned on. Probably something simple"

Added over 6 years ago: **This posting has been deleted by its author.**

#6216 6 years ago

Game/Type: On Beam / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: September 1968
Production: 1,150 (!)
Cost: $350
Condition: Cabinet has been repainted blue. Looks like a German reimport. Playfield and backglass look nice. OP: "I picked up this cool space themed pinball machine as a project to work on in my spare time (ha! That was 5 years ago.) So, I figure it's time I find someone else to resurrect it. The guy I bought it from had it wired for 220. He said that it was working and just needed to be converted back to 110. I don't know how accurate this is as I haven't done any work on it since owning it."

Added over 6 years ago: **This posting has been deleted by its author.**

#6218 6 years ago

Manufacturer: Allied Leisure Industries, Inc
Game/Type: Dyn O' Mite / SS 2 Player
Month/Year: November 1975
Production: Unknown
Cost: $175
Link/Contact: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/744404275750851

OP: Lights up, thats about it. As is. No legs. Possibly trade for other pinball things.

#6219 6 years ago

Game/Type: Post Time / EM
Month/Year:
Production:
Cost: $225
Pinsider: CookyJar
Contact/Link: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/york-show-news-future-white-rose-gameroomyork-show-2017-edition/page/14#post-3987035

OP: I have a Williams Post Time project that I can being to York for anyone interested. Asking $225.

#6220 6 years ago

~~~~~Mr. Pinball Classifieds~~~~~

Game/Type: Raven / SS 4 Player
Month/Year: March 1986
Production: 3,550
Cost: $200
Location: Thousand Oaks, California, 91362 (where LA and Ventura counties meet)

OP: Overall clean with no cosmetic or physical damage. Mechanically not working, when you flip the switch the machine lights up but nothing else happens. Most lights work. Need to sell ASAP. Call for more information.

#6221 6 years ago

bluespin I've tried to reach out to them several times. No dice.

#6222 6 years ago

MIBS (1969 Gottlieb)
OP: Needs restoration! Needs glass top over playing area and back cover over wiring in back. Have all other components. Shouldn't take much to restore! They sell for $1200.00 on EBAY in restored condition. Message me if interested. You pick up, located in Hillsboro NH. Read Less

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/150442622180680

#6223 6 years ago

MIBS = Massively Inane Ball Shuffler

Feel free to invent your own. It's open mike night at Club MIBS.

#6224 6 years ago

I was interested until Jen pointed out that what I thought was dirt was actually black mold. Yuck.

#6225 6 years ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

I was interested until Jen pointed out that what I thought was dirt was actually black mold. Yuck.

Matt,
If you are interested in buying a Mibs, Steve Charland's (blownfuse) widow is selling his Mibs on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/135021787123622

#6226 6 years ago

milwaukee.craigslist.org link

#on-beam & Rocket III

2 vintage pin ball machines
On beam and rocket 3
Both baily
No they are not working.
Asking 150 for the pair

#6227 6 years ago

Here is one for you Pecos

Bally Circus EM, mostly working for $250 located in Tucson, AZ

tucson.craigslist.org link

#6228 6 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Matt,
If you are interested in buying a Mibs, Steve Charland's (blownfuse) widow is selling his Mibs on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/135021787123622

I already own a Rack-A-Ball, I was just looking for a cheap project. Thanks for the heads up though.

#6229 6 years ago
Quoted from Grayman_EM:

milwaukee.craigslist.org link
On Beam & Rocket III
2 vintage pin ball machines
On beam and rocket 3
Both baily
No they are not working.
Asking 150 for the pair

I sense a bidding war is to erupt

#6230 6 years ago

or they are already sold and he hasn't bothered to take down the ad...or it was a spoof.

#6231 6 years ago
Quoted from DashingDaryl:

Bally Circus EM, mostly working for $250 located in Tucson, AZ

Thanks @DashingDaryl. I am already over my limit by about, oh I don't know, a dozen Project Pins? Circus isn't a very good player but it has a lot going for it. It is a Bally. It is a four-player. And this Circus looks nice. And the price is right. It would make a great pin for kids. Stick on some short legs on it and put it in a pizza parlour somewhere. Quick! Someone buy this and save me from myself!

#6232 6 years ago

I've never seen this before. It looks like it might be fun for five minutes or so. But playing it isn't why a collector would want it.

Manufacturer: Nintendo
Game/Type: Nintendo Pinball Multi Screen Game PB-56 gaming system - Seller has model wrong. It is a PB-59
Year: 1983
Cost: $29
Contact/Link: phoenix.craigslist.org link

OP: "For sale we offer you a hand held Nintendo Pinball Multi Screen Game PB-56 gaming system. This item has been lowered to sell don't miss out on it!"

Nintendo Pinball (resized).pngNintendo Pinball (resized).png

#6233 6 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Manufacturer: Nintendo
Game/Type: Nintendo Pinball Multi Screen Game PB-56 gaming system - Seller has model wrong. It is a PB-59
Year: 1983

I had that game. Guess it made an influence!

#6234 6 years ago

found this on craigslist Atlanta:

Bally Eight Ball Champ selling for $700, but I think that's too high considering the left side and front were painted black. what do you think would be a fair offer for this?

atlanta.craigslist.org link

#6235 6 years ago
Quoted from remf:

Bally Eight Ball Champ selling for $700, but I think that's too high considering the left side and front were painted black. what do you think would be a fair offer for this?

Playfield looks pretty good overall but I can't tell what's going on over on the shooter lane. It almost looks as if it was painted with varnish early on and its coming off here and there. The yellowing seems to be somewhat present on the white inserts so again, varnish or old Varathane. Can't really tell as to the condition of the Backglass, but gotta love all that Nicotine staining in the head!

Since seller states working and no acid damage to the MPU, I really don't know that the $700 is that far off. Possibly $600?

#6236 6 years ago
Quoted from remf:

Only the left side was painted black, front was always black.

Quoted from CactusJack:

Playfield looks pretty good overall but I can't tell what's going on over on the shooter lane. It almost looks as if it was painted with varnish early on and its coming off here and there. The yellowing seems to be somewhat present on the white inserts so again, varnish or old Varathane. Can't really tell as to the condition of the Backglass, but gotta love all that Nicotine staining in the head!
Since seller states working and no acid damage to the MPU, I really don't know that the $700 is that far off. Possibly $600?

Backglass appears to be peeling along the bottom. I think $600 is a fair price.

#6237 6 years ago
Quoted from remf:

remf I checked Pimballpimp, classic arcades, planetary Pinball and several European sites and no one makes stencils for this title. This was a low production game. There was an article on pinside about being able to remove a specific type of paint with a product that you can buy at homedepot/Lowe's.

Since you can't fix the art, I would ask to see it in person, test the paint to see if it can be removed. If so maybe offer $600. If you can't remove the paint pass on the pin as it will be hard to trade or sell later.

There is a really nice looking Blackout on Craigslist for $800. If you have trouble finding the ad on me.

John

#6238 6 years ago
Quoted from remf:

The problem with that title is they used shitty decals on it from the factory so they always seem to have issues on the cabinets. I sold a decent one a couple years back (some minor cabinet art issues but fully working & shopped) for like $800. I don't remember the exact number but it was between $750 and $900 and I would have called it an 8 or better overall. Not an easy title to buy or sell!

#6239 6 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

The problem with that title is they used shitty decals

I had to hand paint the sides of the cabinet in order to fix the artwork; missing chunks.
It came out nice as long as you did not get close to the cabinet. The client was ecstatic when
the game was returned.
I wish there were decals for this title.
It would have been a lot faster and simpler repair.

#6240 6 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

remf I checked Pimballpimp, classic arcades, planetary Pinball and several European sites and no one makes stencils for this title. This was a low production game. There was an article on pinside about being able to remove a specific type of paint with a product that you can buy at homedepot/Lowe's.
Since you can't fix the art, I would ask to see it in person, test the paint to see if it can be removed. If so maybe offer $600. If you can't remove the paint pass on the pin as it will be hard to trade or sell later.
There is a really nice looking Blackout on Craigslist for $800. If you have trouble finding the ad on me.
John

remf Here is a link to the Blackout. It is $900 obo. If you like drop target games you will like this title. The secret to successfully buying these types of pins is going to look at it first before trying to negotiate on price. Sellers get a lot of people emailing/calling asking how low the seller can lower the price. Schedule a time and date to go look at it. After inspecting it in person, and you like it, offer $600-700 if the playfield is in good condition. You will have trouble finding a good condition playfield for this title to swap into the game. The seller is more motivated to lower the price if you are there in person. As the saying goes "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush."
athensga.craigslist.org link

#6241 6 years ago

Thanks! I'll probably pass on eightball, but ill definitely check out blackout. Thanks for the info!

#6242 6 years ago

Game/Type: Spin Wheel / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: March 1968
Production: 2,850
Cost: $395 OBO
Contact/Link: charlotte.craigslist.org link
Condition: "Nice Pinball Machine"
Added over 7 years ago: **Price increased to $600!**

#6243 6 years ago

Game/Type: Jack in the Box / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: February 1973
Production: 8,300
Cost: $350
Contact/Link: boston.craigslist.org link

Condition: No Pics! OP: "...up and running just needs minor adjustments usual playfield wear,backglass has touchups."

#6244 6 years ago

Game/Type: Cleopatra / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: December 1977
Production: 1,600
Cost: $450
Contact/Link: hartford.craigslist.org link
Condition: "It works but needs to be cleaned up"

#6245 6 years ago

Pinball cabinet and parts!

Manufacturer: Chicago Coin
Game/Type: Super Star / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: January 1975
Cost: $75
Contact/Link: poconos.craigslist.org link

Condition: "BODY ONLY, no back box, playfield glass or legs. Playfield in decent condition, also has most internal components."

#6246 6 years ago

Game/Type: Dipsy Doodle / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: December 1970
Cost: $350 OBO
Contact/Link: nh.craigslist.org link
Condition: Someone went a tad wild on the cabinet spider-webbing. I didn't know that Williams pins had spider-webbing! Original cabinet Pointy People artwork GONE!! OP: "Machine does turn on, great machine for a tinker! Son purchased from Arcade but went back to college before he could doing anything with it! Just trying to get what was paid!"

#6247 6 years ago

Game/Type: Sea Ray / EM 2 Player
Month/Year: September 1970
Production: 1,300
Cost: $555

Condition: "Fires up and plays."

#6248 6 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Dipsy Doodle / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: December 1970
Cost: $350 OBO
Condition: Someone went a tad wild on the cabinet spider-webbing. I didn't know that Williams pins had spider-webbing! Original cabinet Pointy People artwork GONE!! OP: "Machine does turn on, great machine for a tinker! Son purchased from Arcade but went back to college before he could doing anything with it! Just trying to get what was paid!"

Thought about this one, would like the single player version Doodle Bug more I think after seeing at Pintastic.. not on my bucket list though.

#6249 6 years ago

Pass on Dipsy. It only Has two doodle values. Doodle Bug has the ability to go up to 10,000 per doodle.

#6250 6 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

Pass on Dipsy. It only Has two doodle values. Doodle Bug has the ability to go up to 10,000 per doodle.

Good to know. Thanks @cactusjack!

Plus the backglass art has better Pointy People and that 'bug' car is outrageous! The more I see Marche's artwork on Doodle Bug the more I like it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Ottawa, ON
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 44.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 169.00
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 10.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
Boards
Troxel Repair

There are 26,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 125 of 522.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/post-project-pins-for-sale-here-cl-ebay-pinside-and-others/page/125?hl=dashingdaryl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.