4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Jmckune
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RaoulJuke.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Hi Pin-heads,

I've just recently completed a Funhouse restoration (with some help) and the game is mostly running well except for a few issues. Was hoping people could offer some advice at what would be the best way to troubleshoot some tweaks to get it running a little nicer.

1) The Trap Door. The machine has issues closing the trapdoor at times. Originally i though this was due to the mech-arm which is directly connected to the trapdoor being too close to the trap-door hole on the mirco playfield and it was rubbing. I sanded the hole and when the mech does move now, it appears to do it more smoothly - but im still finding their are times when it tries to lower back into place, and it seems to halt on the first motion down. The issue only appears to be on closing - opening always functions better. If anyone has encountered this issue previously and could offer a good first point to troubleshooting it that would be great

2) Lame ball eject from "Gangway" scoop. The ball is ejecting from the scoop 100% of the time, however it shoots out very lamely. Normally the ball should shoot out with some venom but this is pretty much just rolling out. There is a cliffy on this scoop, but cant see that it would be causing any issue. Can anyone offer some direction on tweaks which would encourage the ball to shoot out with the proper speed?

3) Rudy movement and motor is very loud. This might not be an issue as the game is currently being played without glass or without the soundboard (being repaired), but something under the playfield is making a loud noise - pretty positive it is associated with Rudy. Realize that this will be less of an issue once the board/glass are on, but i still suspect it is much louder than it should be.

Other than this, the game us running pretty well other than a few lamp issues etc. Any advice on how to tweek the above though would be really great

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

With issue number 2 You could put a bigger coil on it if you aren’t satisfied with the blast and make sure the plunger arm is fully intact. I wouldn't think that would be an issue on a restored game but I guess you never know. Is there a rubber tip on the VUK plunger or is it all metal.
Rudy has a lot of gears and as such is noisy. Nothing can be done except get glass on, this makes a bigger difference than you think. Take a picture of the trap door mech and I’ll see if I see anything

Thanks. the mech did had rubber on the end. The only thing i can see possibly is that the spring on it is the wrong one. I might try and swap that over in the next few days and if that makes no difference, might try a bigger coil. The curent one is a 26-1200 (which is the standard). Any suggestion on a reasonable coil upgrade from there .

I am picking up some glass tomorrow, which should shut rudy's rickerty gears up a bit. Soundboard will be back in on Sunday - so its getting there. We probably pumped about 30 odd games into it today so starting to get through the few other issues which have popped & a solid night of tweaking has it running pretty well except for those above issues. My family & I are not the best players, but we have been managing some nice long games, with me and my 6 y.o son managing a few games around the 20-30 million mark - so play wise its looking good - just need to get these couple of issues ironed out.

Will keep working on the above stuff and if i get a chance i will post up some pics at some point - waiting on a mirrored CPR backglass to finish it all off. Its a really beautiful machine pretty chuffed with it

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 40.00
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Martin, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RaoulJuke.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/post-funhouse-restoration-issues?tu=RaoulJuke and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.