(Topic ID: 179787)

Post Caps- Rubber or Nylon Acorn Style?

By bdPinball

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cpw_all_001-800x800 (resized).JPG
    Post Caps-800x800 (resized).jpg
    washers3 (resized).jpg
    protector (resized).jpg
    esbrk (resized).JPG
    balaxy (resized).JPG
    P_20170130_055503 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cactusjack.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 7 years ago

The original Chrome "speed nuts" (available from Pinball Resource) should only be used on the Gottlieb post screws which don't have any factory thread. Only the thread the nut cuts on its own. In this case, they do not need to be tightened against the plastics. If they are loose, either replace them or in extreme cases, replace the worn post screw. But the kind you can buy at the local hardware store are designed for threaded post and must be tightened down and therefore should not be used.

The nylon nuts can be used without tightening them down unless they are worn and then should be replaced.

Metal Nylok nuts can be used but often need to be tightened too low in order for the nylon to grab and will therefore usually result in broken plastics.

For the home, the Rubber caps are probably best. But are notorious for causing ball jams on routed games.

#28 7 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

I like to switch out Cactus' and Dayhuff's proper caps for rubber ones while they sleep.
    "Noone's" ever the wiser...

Dang! That was you Nimblepin? I thought I was losing my mind.

But that's okay, I just placed an order with Steve for another 1000 Speed nuts for Banning.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cactusjack.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/post-caps-rubber-or-nylon-acorn-style?tu=cactusjack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.