Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 88 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Mizzou0103
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ratfinkbutton (resized).jpg
    Disapproved post (resized).png
    Posted that still needs review (resized).png
    Post approval mode notice (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Wickerman2.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#11 4 years ago

According to Gary Stern, 75% of pinball buyers are Republicans. I think that stat generally sounds accurate from what I’ve seen on pinside. I also think that that inherent internal bias, conscious or not, will show through in the “approved” posts. Subtle and not so subtle conservative talking points float by unnoticed on this sight all the time. Anti-government program, anti-regulation, Misogyny, anti-gay, trans “jokes” just sit in many threads and are not, apparently, considered political or hate speech.

I’m all for safety related modding, but then kicking people out of threads for posting the actual words of political leaders that are also spreading misinformation? Bias.

Good luck with the pre approval but you’ve got deeper issues on this site.

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Sounds political!

That's the point. And the downvotes also strengthen the point.

As for reporting posts, either the mods are too busy or don't have the same view of said posts to deem them as problematic which again, bolsters my point.

I'm not sure how this saves mods any time either...isn't the time looking at a post prior to approval the same as reading it already posted?

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tomass:

but you and your group of activists can't help but make snide, underhanded remarks and turn everything into a political issue, including your post here.

Is this a personal attack?

#52 4 years ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

While you spoke with him, did he by any chance tell you the percentage that prefers crunchy peanut butter to creamy?

It’s a video of him stating it and based on his pinball company which I have heard makes and sells pinball machines to pinball people. I’m guessing there’s a contact link for stern on their website if you want to ask about peanut butter.

#55 4 years ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

I agree. "Conservative" viewpoints are seen as a given and "liberal" viewpoints are seen as political talk.

Pretty much. I also don’t think it’s done with malice or even consciously done. In a thread on covid which is inherently political because of the man at the top in charge makes it political, a scientific, fact based comment is viewed through a lens of media-distrust and anti-science which, unfortunately has become the bedrock of one of the political parties. It’s a shock to some people when they hear fact based mass media because they don’t live in that world. It’s sad really.

#70 4 years ago

downvote/upvote tracks.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Wickerman2.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/post-approvals-and-more?tu=Wickerman2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.