(Topic ID: 161293)

Post about your first machine purchase experience...

By schudel5

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 46 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by dasvis
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2016-08-10_22.44.04_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_1903_(resized).JPG
IMG_0221_(resized).JPG
27092009334_(resized).jpg
DSCF4103_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
0315121243b_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 7 years ago

2007 I had got a little extra cash happen upon me for the first time ever. I always told myself in he early 90s that when I got older I'd get a TZ "when I was rich" I had hung out/worked in arcades for a long time so I was sort of familiar with pins but never buying them and had no idea what a price would even be. So I started searching for what a fair price would be, which let me to pinside and I got a good plan.
So I hit the criagslist the kids were using at the time and looked for a TZ, and eventually found one some 30 minutes away from me. Went and checked it out, hadn't been around pins in a few+ years, guy selling it was a QUITE weirdo (those were the days , didn't really help me much so my friend and I sort of winged it as best we could to get it home. I think it was $3500 then, which was probably over priced but I didn't care, once in a lifetime purchase.

It was probably the most uneventful sale for years to come to be honest. So then I did all the standardish things that a n00b does these days. I took it apart for no reason, had trouble putting it back together of course, plenty of confused days looking at notes I wrote myself the night before when drunk, spent a bunch of mods dressing it up like a French whore because it was fun and it's the only one I have. Then I realized if I dind't spend stupid monies, I could get another machine. Then another, then save up more, then out of room, then buy a bigger house to get more pins...and that's were we are today.

Being in a small garage scared thinking I was going to die, heading into the mansion of a magician to buy a PM, being in a total burned down squatters shithole in Detroit looking at a Sinbad that you had to open the head with a stick....all that shit came later.

EDIT: Ah yes...It's still the TZ I have today and I wouldn't even trade it with a better one...first in, last out.

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I eventually bought another game from him.

Did he add least throw in some rear legs on the next purchase?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/post-about-your-first-machine-purchase-experience?tu=thelaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.