You

Linked Games

• Gigi Gottlieb, 1963

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1673 (resized).JPG
IMG_1672 (resized).JPG

#1 7 years ago

We're getting down to the final adjustments on a Gigi. I have the playfield pitched at 5 degrees which gives the game a pretty good speed. The game is level side to side. My difficulty is in adjusting the left and right side metal guides at mid-playfield - see pics. Although they appear to be bent at about the same angles, the right consistently tosses the ball to the left flipper, but the left is less consistent, often throwing the ball right down the middle.

So the questions are: is there a reliable way to adjust the guides to direct the ball to either flipper? And are they supposed to be set up to throw the ball to the flipper on the same side or the opposite side? Any pictures of your setup might help, too.

Thanks in advance!

IMG_1672 (resized).JPGIMG_1672 (resized).JPG

IMG_1673 (resized).JPGIMG_1673 (resized).JPG

#2 7 years ago

The videos I've seen show them direct the ball towards the opposite flipper. Just bend it out slightly.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball
Cabinet parts
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball
Cabinet parts
Lighting
Cobra Amusements
Lighting
$ 10.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/possibly-the-last-gigi-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.