4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by MSLONEKER
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

As I see it, I’ll soon have to make the decision to sell my pins to keep my business. I have searched, worked, spent so much time with my games, they are part of my life. But as the situation gets worse here in Hungary it looks like I’m going to leave you guys. Hope we all will make it through.

#2 4 years ago

Life is more important than pinball.

Sell a bunch now and then pick up others once you recover.

Think of it as an opportunity to grab some new ones down the road.

#3 4 years ago

There are times in life when we have to pick and choose.

Mid 2000's I had one catastrophe after another. I had to make choices. My business provided food. I had to let the house go until I lost it. I always hoped with the business to turn things around eventually. And had a few more huge things pop up that effected my business. Including the recent virus.

I can't say things have turned out like I hoped.

But in looking back over the last 15 years. I did do the best I could with what I had. No regrets.

I will hope the best for you my friend. And even if you sell your pins. I hope you'll visit Pinside occasionally to let us know how you are doing. And keep the dream alive to the day when you have games again.

LTG : )

#4 4 years ago

Sorry. Hope it is temporary and you bounce back even stronger. Be well.

#5 4 years ago

Your business allowed you to get your games so sell them to keep the business. As your business comes back then get your pins back. You have to live. Best of luck.

#6 4 years ago

Hey you are still one of us pinheads even if you dont own any games. You can also play in arcades if you have any near you and once you get back on your feet you can start a new collection. I wish you the best of luck, sorry this is happening to you.

#7 4 years ago

I started this hobby when I was broke. Traded a palm pilot with GPS attachment and a few bucks for a dirty Target Alpha. I was so pumped. Maybe you can hang on to some of the lower value pins, or trade down to some projects, EMs or early solid state games. Good luck!

#8 4 years ago

Keep your powder dry and your head above water through all this. It will pass. Many have no idea how to run or keep a business afloat. The fact that you have the ability to make a sacrifice in order to keep things going speaks greatly of you. My grand father told me there is no shame in getting knocked down, there is only shame in not getting back up. Pins are a hobby. They are not life. Family, friends that's the important stuff. Keep them close.the pins will return. take care. and still post.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/possibly-quitting-the-hobby-after-14-years-b-c-of-the-virus?hl=dblm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.