(Topic ID: 249925)

Possibly parting out Gottlieb Strikes N Spares (System 3)

By brmorr

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Phat_Jay
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 4 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Parts - for sale

Possibly parting out Gottlieb Strikes N Spares (System 3)

Added: 2019-08-22 02:46:58 UTC • Ended: August 25th, 2019
Condition: Used, fair condition

Price

$ 0

Been getting some interesting offers on parts from this Gottlieb Strikes N Spares pinball I have. Game is missing the lockdown, but has everything else. Treat boards as non working, and displays might work(could probably test those). All assemblies are available as well as transformer, coin door, etc... All are coming from a non working project, so I don't know if any of it works.

Shoot me a PM on anything you might need and would be interested in with a offer and we can go from there.

Thanks!!!

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

No photos have been uploaded for this ad.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are brmorr's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to brmorr's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Woodridge, IL, US

#2 4 years ago

That's a shame. If the game was local, I'd grab it.

There was one at the show I hosted a couple weeks ago, and a lot of people really enjoyed playing it.

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

That's a shame. If the game was local, I'd grab it.
There was one at the show I hosted a couple weeks ago, and a lot of people really enjoyed playing it.

Some people are all about the bottom dollar. Seller can't drop off at fastenal. I came up to 550 if i had to do a 1k round trip to get it but they wont come off 600. Guess killing a machine is worth 50 bucks these days.

#4 4 years ago

Wow, didnt expect the anger over the parting of a lil ol' gottlieb.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Some people are all about the bottom dollar. Seller can't drop off at fastenal. I came up to 550 if i had to do a 1k round trip to get it but they wont come off 600. Guess killing a machine is worth 50 bucks these days.

Like I stated in our messages, I don't have the vehicle or ability to bring the game to fastenal unless I rent a truck. I had also said at $550 I would be losing money on this pin and that is not really something I want to be doing either.

Not really about the bottom dollar, I want to get what I have into this pin. If it entails parting it out and selling it that way, I guess I have to go that route. I usually hate to part out a pin as well, but Strikes N Spares parts are not exactly abundant nowadays.

Pin is still available if you want to drive and get it. If $50 is not a big deal, come up with that extra $50 and pick it up this weekend.

#6 4 years ago

Actually I was at 500 and came up 50, you wouldn't come down. So yeah apparently that 50 dollars is a big deal to you. Once I add 150 in gas, wear and tear on my truck and 16 hours driving there and back it doesn't really seem worth it especially when the seller is difficult which is why I left our fb conversation.

I'm good not getting the game, but considering you are going to part out a rare machine over 50 bucks I think it should be reflected on your post.At the end of the day you'd rather part it out and *hope* to make back your extra 50. Good luck with that, but frankly I doubt you make 400 out of the parts and end up sitting on things for awhile before trashing the rest.

#7 4 years ago

H

Quoted from dung:

Actually I was at 500 and came up 50, you wouldn't come down. So yeah apparently that 50 dollars is a big deal to you. Once I add 150 in gas, wear and tear on my truck and 16 hours driving there and back it doesn't really seem worth it especially when the seller is difficult which is why I left our fb conversation.
I'm good not getting the game, but considering you are going to part out a rare machine over 50 bucks I think it should be reflected on your post.At the end of the day you'd rather part it out and *hope* to make back your extra 50. Good luck with that, but frankly I doubt you make 400 out of the parts and end up sitting on things for awhile before trashing the rest.

Don't think I was being difficult when we were talking. I came down from $650-700 to $600, so that extra $50 does make a difference when I already came down on my price.

No big deal, move on I guess, but you are sounding like a difficult buyer by complaining about a seller not wanting to come down more money because you have to drive and get the pin. Sometimes deals work out, some times they don't. Judging by the messages I have gotten from people, I am already over that $400 you said I wouldn't get and that doesn't even include any of the boards in the head yet. If someone wants to pick this thing up complete, I am alright with that too, but the interest really hasn't been there for this so called "rare" pinball. Never heard a Strikes N Spares called rare, but uncommon, yes.

#8 4 years ago

I think 650.00 is a fair price. If I had the time I would make the drive. I just don’t have the time. And the sad thing is I have a worse condition one here that has everything that one needs and a working boardset. Ugh.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from tonyhoff1:

I think 650.00 is a fair price. If I had the time I would make the drive. I just don’t have the time. And the sad thing is I have a worse condition one here that has everything that one needs and a working boardset. Ugh.

I wanted to buy yours! Dang it, Tony :b

#10 4 years ago

Considering only 750 were made, yes it’s rare.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/possibly-parting-out-gottlieb-strikes-n-spares?hl=tonyhoff1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.