(Topic ID: 132401)

Possibly getting a KISS Pro from a dealer via trade...

By gern

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

I was talking with a dealer before the holiday about the possibility of trading my Star Wars Trilogy and Independence Day for an AC/DC Premium or Pro. Unfortunately they no longer have either one... big shocker I know. But he did ask if I would be interested in a KISS Pro or other newer Stern. So I sent some pics of the machines. He said the machines looked good and he would try to get back to me today.

The ID4 is listed in the Market if anyone would like to check it out. The SWT is in great condition. The playfield is perfect as far a I can tell, the cab is in great shape, it has the 3D translite, and full leds. The only issue is a chipped slingshot plastic. I could post pics later if anyone really wants to see them to get a feel on the value.

My question is what would you expect me to kick in for what I assume would be a NIB KISS Pro? Or maybe a MET Pro or Premium?

#2 8 years ago

No more than a few hundred bucks. Those are 2K+ games, and assuming you're trading with a retailer, he'll make money either way.

#3 8 years ago

I would say $1k even cash on top of those 2 games would be fair for a NIB Kiss Pro (which is an awesome pin BTW).

Good luck on the trade.

#4 8 years ago

Drop off and pick up? No shipping right?

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Drop off and pick up? No shipping right?

Yes it would be.

I haven't heard anything from the dealer yet. He just said he'd get with me sometime this week.

#6 8 years ago

Perhaps get his price on a NIB, then bring in your pins and see what value he gives on them. Do the math and see what he is valuing your pins at. Take that number and do the deal if you feel that is fair or see if you can do a little better on the open market.

I feel a Kiss or MET will be a big upgrade with what you are trading in, so don't spend too much time trying to get a few hundred more dollars on the pins you are selling. The few hundred dollars may not happen and you will miss out on some fun playing in the mean time. Let us know how you did.

Lastly, one thing I would not do is complain, on Pinside or to yourself, about the dealer giving you too low amount on your trades. He is in the business to make a buck and not a collector. These Stern dealers only make $200-$400 a pin, so the numbers are tight. Just saying.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Perhaps get his price on a NIB, then bring in your pins and see what value he gives on them. Do the math and see what he is valuing your pins at. Take that number and do the deal if you feel that is fair or see if you can do a little better on the open market.
I feel a Kiss or MET will be a big upgrade with what you are trading in, so don't spend too much time trying to get a few hundred more dollars on the pins you are selling. The few hundred dollars may not happen and you will miss out on some fun playing in the mean time. Let us know how you did.
Lastly, one thing I would not do is complain, on Pinside or to yourself, about the dealer giving you too low amount on your trades. He is in the business to make a buck and not a collector. These Stern dealers only make $200-$400 a pin, so the numbers are tight. Just saying.

I call BS on only making $2-400 a pinball machine, Just saying

#8 8 years ago

I haven't heard anything from the retailer yet. Once I do I'll let you guys know what he says. I've sent feelers out to a few other retailers that have AC/DC Pros listed on their sites to see if they have any interest. I'm of the mindset that if it happens, it happens. I'm more than happy to keep my machines if a deal isn't able to be reached.

Thanks all for the advice so far!

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

I call BS on only making $2-400 a pinball machine, Just saying

That is the word on the street if they sell NIB Pros delivered for $4800. Let me know if you hear any other info.

#10 8 years ago

I got a reply from the vendor. My ID4 and SWT plus $2400. A bit too steep for me. I may just end up selling both and try finding an AC/DC Pro, which is what i really want.

#11 8 years ago

Good call

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from gern:

I got a reply from the vendor. My ID4 and SWT plus $2400. A bit too steep for me. I may just end up selling both and try finding an AC/DC Pro, which is what i really want.

That means he was giving you a total of 2300 for both your pins. I would walk away too.

#13 8 years ago

An ACDC Pro is awesome. I would have bought one, but a Premium just came up first.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 18.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

7,600 (OBO)
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 18.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Midlothian, VA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 12.95
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 12.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/possibly-getting-a-kiss-pro-from-a-dealer-via-trade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.