Topic poll

“What to do”

• Are you crazy who would replace walking dead with mustang 27 votes
    66%
  • Mustang is a great underrated game go for it 14 votes
    34%

(41 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
image-958.jpg
image-929.jpg
image-372.jpg
image-265.jpg
image.jpg

#1 4 years ago

Thinking about selling my wd premium to buy a mustang premium
Basically brand new game less then 100 plays at this point
Had the pro and upgraded to the premium and just don't like the gameplay as much
Has the stern fish tank topper
If anyone is interested shoot me a pm with your number and I will be in touch
Price I was thinking $6500 / Game was sold for 5,400 with out topper
Also if anyone would like to talk me out of mustang feel free

image.jpg
image-265.jpg
image-372.jpg
image-929.jpg
image-958.jpg

#2 4 years ago

Ok, I have to ask what don't you like about the gameplay on the LE vs the Pro?

I as well have a pro and am thinking of upgrading to a premium.

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

Ok, I have to ask what don't you like about the gameplay on the LE vs the Pro?
I as well have a pro and am thinking of upgrading to a premium.

I honestly just don't like the flow of the game
The pro just plays so much faster
Don't really care for the crossbow slows up game play as does the bicycle girl
Game really is not bad over but definitely not worth the money upgrading imo
If i were you I would keep the pro !!!!
Honestly I'm just crazy and for some strange reason want a mustang premium lol
And for that to happen something's gotta go

#4 4 years ago

I just received Mustang Premium and TWD Premium week ago.

Mustang Premium is a LOT better than Mustang pro IMHO.

The TWD Premium has a lot of airballs and weird ball launches...but it is fun. Turntable on Mustang Premium does block pops.

Mustang Premium will hold value better than TWD Premium due to low #'s. Mustang Car guys will gravitate to the Boss version. Boss Mustang over past couple of years are really hot on resale market. From what I understand less than 100 Mustang Premiums out there.

Tough call.

#5 4 years ago

Thought about it overnight...Why not take a chill pill. You made a trade to go to Premium now give it some time.

Stay away from TWD for a day and come back to it. Played a few games last night and when You're rockin' on it....IT IS A BLAST!!!

Then played Mustang Premium. Awesome game but my heart wasn't pounding as hard...LOL

There is some weird shit going on with the left ramp on TWD Prem. It feels like the software has something to do with it??? You hit some shots over there sometimes and get weird results??? I hope there is a fix for this!

#6 4 years ago

Well there is no sense keeping a game you don't like. Give Mustang a try, the code is farther along then TWD so that's good.

#7 4 years ago

just don't understand how some one keeps a machine for such little time.

#8 4 years ago

I'm not a huge fan of the TWDLE compared to the Pro either. Woodbury is still worthless, so the extra spinner and the drop there add no value currently, the LE/Premium ramp is as smooth as an IL road compared to the silky smooth Pro and the crossbow, while a cool idea, just is not implemented very well. A 3rd bash toy and a magnet in front of the well waker don't really improve the game either. A lot of this could change, but right now, a Pro is way better bang for the buck than the LE/Premium.

That said, I feel the same about the Mustang LE. We have Pros and an LE on route here and I think it would be a huge waste of money to buy anything but Pro. The extra crossover ramp is hardly used, the spinning turntable is way too big and blocks the pops and rollovers and the extra pop up drops are okay, but nothing I would a premium for. I guess if you really had your heart set on 3 more songs and a better light show, but the Mustang Pro is a good, fun game with a nice ruleset for a lot less money.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from sepins:

Mustang Premium will hold value better than TWD Premium due to low #'s. Mustang Car guys will gravitate to the Boss version. Boss Mustang over past couple of years are really hot on resale market. From what I understand less than 100 Mustang Premiums out there.

Yes I bet it will follow NASCAR values nicely.

At least give it until the next code release.

#10 4 years ago

I am sure you have played mustang boss premium so you what game you like better not us,I have both and mustang is just as fun in different ways,if you can fine one,I don't believe we have seen one for sale on here yet

#11 4 years ago

umm... wanna take a payment plan for a poor pinhead . LoL would love to play a TWD. Good luck with the trade.

#12 4 years ago

Mustang comes out, not that popular. Stern then releases two games with worse ball-flow and now Mustang is gaining popularity.

#13 4 years ago

The topper looks pretty nice!

#14 4 years ago

Love my TWD Pro. Best game I have bought in years. Great flow and just fun to play. Easy to understand rules. Did I mention that it is a blast to play. Was on the fence as far as Pro vs. Premium but after Colombo like investigation techniques it was obvious that the Pro was the way to go.

Played Mustang and liked the game. Just not a Car themed pinball aficionado. But very fun game.

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from beefzap:

Love my TWD Pro. Best game I have bought in years. Great flow and just fun to play. Easy to understand rules. Did I mention that it is a blast to play. Was on the fence as far as Pro vs. Premium but after Colombo like investigation techniques it was obvious that the Pro was the way to go.
Played Mustang and liked the game. Just not a Car themed pinball aficionado. But very fun game.

I suck I originally had the pro sold it to buy the premium and hate the way it plays lol
That said I may buy another walking dead pro

#16 4 years ago

I love my Mustang pro, but thought it was the most lame pin I had seen in years when it was released. I love love love the Walking Dead TV show, but I think the pin is completely disgusting. I'm not a prude, but it's just a bit over the top. Also, I don't care for the layout. I would have much preferred a comic style art, but then it would not be the big license from AMC. I actually looked into a Mustang LE, but they are still way to high. WWE is not a theme I like, but I will definitely give it a chance. I learned a lesson with Mustang.

Seems like a good price bump!

#17 4 years ago

First off, this game looks sick!! I would seriously be thinking about it if you were closer. I would recommend selling the topper separate and lowering the price if you are looking to sell this quickly. Many people like myself are not into toppers........although this is my favorite topper ever created! GLWS

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

First off, this game looks sick!! I would seriously be thinking about it if you were closer. I would recommend selling the topper separate and lowering the price if you are looking to sell this quickly. Many people like myself are not into toppers........although this is my favorite topper ever created! GLWS

I'm not a topper man either but this one is just to bad ass to not have !!!!

#19 4 years ago

That's a lot of dead heads

1 week later
#20 4 years ago

OK, after finally playing The Walking Dead LE at Marvin's last night, I can kind of understand where you are coming from after owning a pro. I have had a pro since release as I was not going to spend the extra for the LE.

I probably played 10 games or so on the LE, the features that are extra just do not seem to add anything to the gameplay at the moment, and very well may make it worse with the damn left ramp. Why the hell they extended the entrance of the ramp past the ramp post is crazy, all it does is create crazy ass air balls and the ramp need to be hit perfect to not get a bounce out or air ball.

The magnets did not work on the LE i played so not sure the difference in the well walker magnet. I am sure its not much.

The drop target and spinner are basically just taking up space.

Cross-bow, blah.. It's just as fun with the flipper and more challenging actually. Corss-bow load and release is slow.

The right ramp fish tank head is cool, but I have laseriffic version so this is not a big attraction.

The only thing I really like is the color changing inserts.

I am sure if I would have started with a Premium/LE I would be happy, but as a pro owner going to a Premium, it's just not that much better and maybe worse in some areas.

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

OK, after finally playing The Walking Dead LE at Marvin's last night, I can kind of understand where you are coming from after owning a pro. I have had a pro since release as I was not going to spend the extra for the LE.
I probably played 10 games or so on the LE, the features that are extra just do not seem to add anything to the gameplay at the moment, and very well may make it worse with the damn left ramp. Why the hell they extended the entrance of the ramp past the ramp post is crazy, all it does is create crazy ass air balls and the ramp need to be hit perfect to not get a bounce out or air ball.
The magnets did not work on the LE i played so not sure the difference in the well walker magnet. I am sure its not much.
The drop target and spinner are basically just taking up space.
Cross-bow, blah.. It's just as fun with the flipper and more challenging actually. Corss-bow load and release is slow.
The right ramp fish tank head is cool, but I have laseriffic version so this is not a big attraction.
The only thing I really like is the color changing inserts.
I am sure if I would have started with a Premium/LE I would be happy, but as a pro owner going to a Premium, it's just not that much better and maybe worse in some areas.

Pretty much sums it up !!!
Pro is much better imo more then likely going to replace this with another pro as I really do like the game !!!
Also game has been sold !!!!

#22 4 years ago

I picked this machine up last night and having a ball with it.

Installed the ramp kit leveled it and it is playing as smooth as the pro I wore out a couple of weeks ago.

Also moved the top out lane post and it really helps.

I'm happy with it, Thx!

image.jpg
#23 4 years ago

Looks great mark have fun with it and as always great to meet another local pinhead

#24 4 years ago

$5400 was a steal.

#25 4 years ago

Are you selling the topper?

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside