View topic image gallery

5461479484_3a18604805_b.jpg
5460874453_2617e8f1b2_b.jpg
5460874381_0f3614ca5b_b.jpg
5461476500_89d5159645_b.jpg
bkpf.jpg
5460877081_40868750c8_b.jpg

#1 11 years ago

Toying with the idea of selling my Black Knight again.

Was for sale (and sold) before, but that did not work out. Game is in Northern Bucks County, PA (18951).

The good:
Pretty nice original condition
Backglass is presentable, but not perfect
No Magna Save wear
Cabinet is solid
Rottendog MPU combo and Power Supply
Plastics are good and original as far as I know.

The bad:
Some small wear spots
Left slingshot not working
Game has developed a reset issue all of a sudden.
Speech sometimes is incorrect (no laugh after attract mode speech, end of game is off as well)

Here are some pictures. Like I said, I am not sure if FS yet, but if you'd be interested, let me know and if it does go up I can go in order of replies? $1400. I have no way to ship, would need to be a local sale.

Full slideshow of pics here (these pics show the original boards, which I DO NOT have):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/91696572@N00/sets/72157625968319547/show/

5460877081_40868750c8_b.jpg5460877081_40868750c8_b.jpg bkpf.jpgbkpf.jpg 5461476500_89d5159645_b.jpg5461476500_89d5159645_b.jpg

#2 11 years ago

more.

5460874381_0f3614ca5b_b.jpg5460874381_0f3614ca5b_b.jpg 5460874453_2617e8f1b2_b.jpg5460874453_2617e8f1b2_b.jpg 5461479484_3a18604805_b.jpg5461479484_3a18604805_b.jpg

#3 11 years ago

great game to have - good luck with the sale SilverUnicorn

#4 11 years ago

Price?

#5 11 years ago

He's fishing for offers.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from HoneyBadger:

He's fishing for offers.

No, he's not.

$1400, I added it to the original post.

As I said, I am on the fence about selling it, Some things are going on this week, and it may need to go,. I will update as needed.

Thanks.
Chris.

#7 11 years ago

Pretty clear at that price you don't want to move it. Non working bk at $1400...why bother listing? It's a 1400 machine in perfect working order.

At least he is being upfront about condition.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Pretty clear at that price you don't want to move it. Non working bk at $1400...why bother listing? It's a 1400 machine in perfect working order.

I agree, why list? At that price it better be 100 percent working. But why list?

#9 11 years ago

So what should the price be? Gotta start somewhere.

It works most of the time, but has developed a reset that happens every once in a while. That is new as of Monday, and I have not looked into it yet.

The sound issues are not that big a deal, at least I did not think so, but I could be wrong.

The PF's are quite nice for the age.

Maybe I should add LED's.

I see hammered, and I mean HAMMERED BK's go for 800-1200, so I did not think I was way off base, but I could be wrong.

Chris

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

So what should the price be? It works most of the time, but has developed a reset that happens every once in a while. That is new as of Monday, and I have not looked into it yet.
The sound issues are not that big a deal, at least I did not think so, but I could be wrong.
The PF's are quite nice for the age.
Maybe I should add LED's.
I see hammered, and I mean HAMMERED BK's go for 800-1200, so I did not think I was way off base, but I could be wrong.
Chris

It looks like a really nice machine overall! Definitely better than average. I would say the $1400 is perfectly fair if you get at least the reset issue fixed, and maybe the sound issue. Both could be as simple as reseating/rebuilding connectors.

I need to get a BK back in my basement someday. I miss mine. Yours would be exactly what I want...too bad you are so far away and I'm broke...two big strikes...LOL!

#11 11 years ago

With the wear, the backglass and the broken stuff, I'd honestly expect you to get $700-800 .

I repaired 2 last summer and the clients paid $550 and $700 for each of them.

Like you said, you've got to start somewhere, but just don't get your hope up too high.

I'd fix the game up and get more for it.

#12 11 years ago

That's what I was thinking, $700, but didn't want to offend...even though I may have done that with my post. The speech IMO is a critical part of the game so it has to work. I also felt the PF wear up the middle was worse than average. Reset issue could be costly...or not.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

With the wear, the backglass and the broken stuff, I'd honestly expect you to get $700-800 .
I repaired 2 last summer and the clients paid $550 and $700 for each of them.
Like you said, you've got to start somewhere, but just don't get your hope up too high.
I'd fix the game up and get more for it.

Quoted from Lermods:

That's what I was thinking, $700, but didn't want to offend...even though I may have done that with my post. The speech IMO is a critical part of the game so it has to work. I also felt the PF wear up the middle was worse than average. Reset issue could be costly...or not.

Thanks for the input. No offense taken. Sorry if it seemed that way.

You really think that wear is worse than average?

Maybe I will look into the issues more. The speech is fine DURING game play, but the attract mode is off (just the laugh).

I thought this was better than average playfield wise, but maybe I am incorrect?

Chris

#14 11 years ago

Thanks for the input. No offense taken. Sorry if it seemed that way.
You really think that wear is worse than average?
Maybe I will look into the issues more. The speech is fine DURING game play, but the attract mode is off (just the laugh).
I thought this was better than average playfield wise, but maybe I am incorrect?
Chris

From what I've seen I would call that playfield better than average for a non-restored machine. An hour with a black paint pen around those inserts and it would look very good. Pinside in general seems to have the notion that every pin needs to be perfect. Any machine from this era is going to have insert edge wear unless it has already been touched up or swapped with a repro. It's perfectly normal and usually much worse. The fact that you have no magna-save wear is almost unheard of, as anyone who knows this machine should agree.

If you decide to sell it for the $550 number that was thrown out in this thread, let me know. For that I would make the long road trip! LOL! But seriously...don't do that. It's worth much more than that. BK is arguably the most desirable pin from that era. Such a great game. Damn I miss mine!

#15 11 years ago

$1400 with a CC playfield maybe. $700 sounds about right.

#16 11 years ago

Fix the reset issue, that will scare people off. The speech issue seems less concerning now that you've clarified. 12-1400 seems like an averge price for a machine with few mechanical issues. Fix the slingshot too, wouldn't think that would cost you much to do.

#17 11 years ago

fair enough. Thanks for the replies. I will look into the sling issue. I thought that was a driver board issue, but when it was replaced with the Rottendog board, the issue persisted (locked on).

The speech has been an issue since the Rottendog board and they told me another person had a similar issue but then I heard nothing else from them.

Appreciate your thoughts. Will address the issues I can and re-visit

Chris

#18 11 years ago

Speech sometimes is incorrect (no laugh after attract mode speech, end of game is off as well)

Isn't this the standard "no BK laugh with Rottendog board" problem?

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

An hour with a black paint pen around those inserts and it would look very good.

Never use paint pen or Sharpie on a playfield!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you or some poor sucker buys it from you and gets it clear coated, the black will run, ruining the playfield.

Acrylic paint or water slide decals only!

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Never use paint pen or Sharpie on a playfield!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you or some poor sucker buys it from you and gets it clear coated, the black will run, ruining the playfield.
Acrylic paint or water slide decals only!

Where did I say Sharpie? I'll admit, early on I was guilty of using a Sharpie once or twice, but that was recommended quite a bit back in the days before everyone got clear coat happy. We all know better now. What is wrong with using the right kind of paint pen? They make acrylic in pens and I've seen that recommended quite often.

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Where did I say Sharpie? I'll admit, early on I was guilty of using a Sharpie once or twice, but that was recommended quite a bit back in the days before everyone got clear coat happy. We all know better now. What is wrong with using the right kind of paint pen? They make acrylic in pens and I've seen that recommended quite often.

I think he was implying the paint pen could run as well.

Chris

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Where did I say Sharpie?

Don't get defensive, I was just making sure that all the bases were covered.

Every paint pen I've tested with 2 part clear coat has run into the finish.

I've made up a test panel for my playfield restoration guide that shows a bunch of paint pens, Sharpies, Testors paints and such that all run like a sonobitch.

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Don't get defensive, I was just making sure that all the bases were covered.
Every paint pen I've tested with 2 part clear coat has run into the finish.
I've made up a test panel for my playfield restoration guide that shows a bunch of paint pens, Sharpies, Testors paints and such that all run like a sonobitch.

I didn't know that paint pens, especially acrylic, would run too. Good thing I am not a restorer. I am not the type to get an old playfield clearcoated (they play too weird to me), so I haven't really done much research on the subject.

At either rate, the original fact remains that this BK would touch up pretty easily if someone was so inclined.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/possibly-fs-black-knight and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.