Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by mrm_4
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

I am not real familiar with Zelle or its pitfalls or chargebacks. I have an item for sale unrelated to pinball, and a guy wants to put a deposit on it even though I said I cant ship it. His swiftness of wanting to send me a deposit is suspicious to me. What are the war stories on Zelle? Thanks for any info.

#2 2 years ago
    Quoted from pincoin:

I am not real familiar with Zelle or its pitfalls or chargebacks. I have an item for sale unrelated to pinball, and a guy wants to put a deposit on it even though I said I cant ship it. His swiftness of wanting to send me a deposit is suspicious to me. What are the war stories on Zelle? Thanks for any info.

If things with a transaction get complicated, I simply ask myself if its worth the bother. Are you having a tough time finding another buyer? Is that guy close to you since you won't ship? This could cause you to miss out on other chances at a sale messing around with something you didnt want to do in the first place. That is even assuming he is legit.

#3 2 years ago
    Quoted from DudeRegular:

If things with a transaction get complicated, I simply ask myself if its worth the bother. Are you having a tough time finding another buyer? Is that guy close to you since you won't ship? This could cause you to miss out on other chances at a sale messing around with something you didnt want to do in the first place. That is even assuming he is legit.

I guess I'd like to know if Zelle can be reversed or can someone get into your account somehow?

#4 2 years ago

Quick search on Google for Zelle:

Why is Zelle so bad?
    The biggest drawback of Zelle is that it doesn't offer fraud protection for authorized payments. In other words, if you purchase something online and use Zelle to pay for it, you have no recourse if you never receive the item you paid for.Apr 16, 2021

https://www.businessinsider.com/is-zelle-safe

#5 2 years ago

I would not trust the person or Zelle myself.

#6 2 years ago
    Quoted from Brewchap:

Quick search on Google for Zelle:
    Why is Zelle so bad?
    The biggest drawback of Zelle is that it doesn't offer fraud protection for authorized payments. In other words, if you purchase something online and use Zelle to pay for it, you have no recourse if you never receive the item you paid for.Apr 16, 2021
    https://www.businessinsider.com/is-zelle-safe

No recourse for the buyer? If true then it’s as good as cash, like Venmo and Apple Pay.

#7 2 years ago

Zelle is safe for the seller, it’s run through a bank account and the money is available immediately. Not so much for the buyer as obviously someone could not send an item once funds are received.

https://www.businessinsider.com/is-zelle-safe?amp

#8 2 years ago

If your bank or credit union offers Zelle, Id do it. I’ve used it many times. It’s as safe and secure as a bank/wire transfer. I wouldn’t use it as a buyer buying from a stranger.

#9 2 years ago

I use Zelle every month to pay my son's college house rent to the landlord. Once you send it, it is gone...full stop.
    I could be wrong but as of now only big name banks offer it so it is safe to use as long as "you the buyer" trusts who you are sending it to.
    The money is in or out of your account within a minute or two.

#10 2 years ago

Amen to the 3 posts above. It’s safe for you to accept but I’d give the guy a deadline date or the money is yours for keeps

#11 2 years ago
    Quoted from gjm:

I use Zelle every month to pay my son's college house rent to the landlord. Once you send it, it is gone...full stop.
    I could be wrong but as of now only big name banks offer it so it is safe to use as long as "you the buyer" trusts who you are sending it to.
    The money is in or out of your account within a minute or two.

Almost all banks/credit unions now use it.

https://www.zellepay.com/get-started

#12 2 years ago

Yeah it’s pretty much impossible to reverse zelle. Give it a try sometime…. the bank basically says it’s between you and the person you sent the money to. They don’t play middle man with it.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/possible-zelle-scam and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.