Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by Williampinball
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

66B2EC60-511D-4A16-920F-6B161041243A (resized).jpeg

#1 10 months ago

Machine - For Sale
    Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean “STAR TREK NEXT GENERATION WIDE BODY, SECOND OWNER, IN HOUSE USE ONLY. KEPT IN DRY BASEMENT! RECENTLY SHOPPED BY PROFESSIONAL. GREAT WORKING CONDITION, Slight fading on a coupl...”
    10 months ago
    Weymouth, MA
    Expired!

Listing too low. Fishy. I contacted and said I’d pay full price and where can I come pick it up and received a pic and “here is the photo you requested”. Then no word since. Beware.

#2 10 months ago

Report it.

66B2EC60-511D-4A16-920F-6B161041243A (resized).jpeg
    #3 10 months ago

4700 is too low of a price? For the pictures and description, sound like a very fair deal these days. Somethings called out in the description match up with the pictures. Looks legit to me.

#4 10 months ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

4700 is too low of a price? For the pictures and description, sound like a very fair deal these days. Somethings called out in the description match up with the pictures. Looks legit to me.

I'd still approach this cautiously. Seller just joined Pinside. He posted his ad and donated money all on the same day, and has never made a Forum post. Most people who don't know what they got would probably just go on CL for a local sale.

I would be very careful doing a long distance deal. His reply to the OP was a sign of a scammer not a serious seller.

#5 10 months ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Yeah exactly. The price is the LEAST fishy part here.

#6 10 months ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Yeah exactly. The price is the LEAST fishy part here.

exactly. price is spot on. really nice ones go for between $5-$6k.

but OP, i'm confused.. did you say "i'll pay full price, tell me where to pick it up?", or did you ask for pix? seems to me if he's writing you saying "here's the photo you requested", you probably asked for pix. which is different than "i'll take it", and that can explain the ghosting. but if you didn't even ask for pix, then yeah, that's bizarre.

#7 10 months ago

I didn’t ask for pic at all. I said I’ll take it. Full price. I’ll bring cash. Where should I pick it up? And he responded “here’s the picture you requested” and sent a random pic of the center of the playfield.

#8 10 months ago
    Quoted from paynemic:

I didn’t ask for pic at all. I said I’ll take it. Full price. I’ll bring cash. Where should I pick it up? And he responded “here’s the picture you requested” and sent a random pic of the center of the playfield.

Ya that's very odd for sure u would think he would tell u ok here is my address lol

#9 10 months ago

Its not on boston craigslist.

#10 10 months ago

The pinside ad does say "pick up".
    Would be a long drive from idaho.

#11 10 months ago
    Quoted from paynemic:

oh, dude. scam city.

#12 10 months ago

Ad says dry basement. Look at all the rust on the laser cannons.

#13 10 months ago

Rust city run the other way if it's real lol

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!