• Latest reply 4 years ago by RonSS
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2019-08-08MR_PINBALL (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

It's come to my attention that someone has posted a Congo for sale on Mr Pinball using my Pinside add verbatim. Be aware this ad is not mine and may be a scam.
2019-08-08MR_PINBALL (resized).jpg2019-08-08MR_PINBALL (resized).jpg

#2 4 years ago

i saw this ad when it was posted and said to myself, who is this guy in NYC w a Congo and I don't know him?

#3 4 years ago

I feel that the majority of Mr. pinball adds are scams.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

I was just about to say this exact thing. I haven't bothered looking in years because of this.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Yep.

#6 4 years ago

Mr. Pinball is irrelevant. They don't even take scam ads down when you report them, they just add a disclaimer. That place is dead to me.

#7 4 years ago

I've completely stopped Mr Pinball since I found myself constantly emailing them because every ad I've be interested in has wound up being a scam. Half they time they don't even mark it as scam for a week or more. Most of the scams aren't even good scams, since a reverse image search will find the majority of the photos these guys are using.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

I posted something there a while back, looking for a really obscure part (after my ad here failed to generate any leads). Within the day, I had about 10 responses of people saying they had what I wanted, and sending me their information to pay them. I asked each for pictures, and they were sending me the same photos I had already found on the internet. Total waste of time.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

so sad!

Quoted from p1001:

It's come to my attention that someone has posted a Congo for sale on Mr Pinball using my Pinside add verbatim.

thanks for the warning!

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Mr. Pinball is irrelevant. They don't even take scam ads down when you report them, they just add a disclaimer. That place is dead to me.

I have to agree......I haven't been to that site in prolly 4 years now. It's just scam central...….

#11 4 years ago

I thought Craigslist was always a scam until yesterday a guy posted a Williams Flash in Dayton Ohio for $250.It was only 100 miles away so why not go check it out.Super nice playfield and cabinet,good coin door,decent backglass.I brought it home,you never know.

1 week later
#12 4 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

i saw this ad when it was posted and said to myself, who is this guy in NYC w a Congo and I don't know him?

I saw that one too, then found p1001's ad. Wow, this seems like a common problem, and fix!

I guess you never know though. If you don't find a duplicate ad off a quick search they may be worth pursuing, if "local".

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Dickinson, TX
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 32.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Colorado Springs, CO
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/possible-scam-alert-on-mr-pinball?hl=whizz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.