Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Nikrox2
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

i placed an ad on mr.pinball looking for a royal rumble ramp. someone responded that they have one for sale. i replied how much?where are you located?do you have pics? after emailing 2 times in a week seller replies $65.00 shipped. i reply,great,do you have pics? what is your preferred method of payment. he replies western union. still no pics. am i the only one here who smells scam?

#2 12 years ago

SCAM!

#3 12 years ago

most WTB ads placed on that site result in these types of email solicitations. You can be seeking the rarest, most obscure part in the world, and someone will offer it up to you within 24 hours....Western Union of course.

#4 12 years ago

as i thought. im going to brush him off.

#5 12 years ago

Western Union equals-Scam,Western union is only good to use to send money to loved ones or friends not Strangers.

#6 12 years ago

Without a question... SCAM! I'd post pictures, maybe even a video for my potential client! Stay away!

-Aaron

#7 12 years ago

There is a guy in Cameroon who has every pinball part in the world.
    He had a banana cab for BW 100 and sent me a pic of it off of IPDB.
    He also had a set of HS bumper caps, not only did he have these he had the rare spinning prototypes I asked about.
    That's Mr. Pinball, usually the first few emails are from these scammers.
    There must be a great educational system over there, they are all doctors, bankers and barristers.
    A lot of widows also, all their husbands have been killed in coups and I am the only one they can trust with their millions.

#9 12 years ago

Tell him trust works both ways. Send you the items and then you'll be glad to Western Union the money. Watch the smoke trail he leaves........

#10 12 years ago

i replied to his last email with the following. western union? go scam somewhere else.

#11 12 years ago

What is the scammer's name so other forum members can be aware?

#12 12 years ago

SCAM!!

I've recv'd scam emails in reply to a WTB ad I placed previously on Mr Pinball website. It is amazing (amusing) how they have these hard-to-find parts, but use goofy sentence structure, and often have odd names and/or email addresses.

#13 12 years ago

What you have experienced is common. I would guess this happens to 100% of the WTB postings. I got several responses to my ads within the first week and of course they were all scams.

I have used Mr pinball in previous years and not had as many scammers. Must be getting desperate.

#14 12 years ago
    Quoted from KenLayton:

What is the scammer's name so other forum members can be aware?

elvis ambe" <[email protected]
    thanks for asking ken. posting the scammers info is a good idea.

#15 12 years ago

This is the guy from Cameroon, been sending me these since he was Ngwa Paul.
    He used the Nchitu Glory name the last time.
    Must be making some money or he wouldn't keep doing it.
    Nobody legit uses Western Union.

Name: Nchitu Glory, Ngwa Paul, and Neba Gilbert
    Aliases: Cody Kimball, Anderson, Scofield, Socfield Watts, Ngwa Shu, Ngwa Paul, Ngwa Paul Shu, Nji Jude Atanga, Neba Gilbert (claims to be Ngwa Paul's mother)
    Fake Shipping Company: Mailexpress Cameroon
    Address: 110 Tempest Road, St. Victoria, 00237, Cameroon
    201 Rueoz, St Vicky, Douala, Cameroon 00237
    021 Carley's Street, St Victoria., 00237, Cameroon
    541, rue .16 Avenue Kenedy, Limbe, Cameroon
    Sometimes claims to be elsewhere like Cameroon Park, TX which does not exist, but Cameron Park does.
    Also claims to be located in Camden, TX.
    Also claims to be located in Leeds UK.
    Also claims to be located in Limbe, North west, 00237, Cameroon.
    Email: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]
    Phone: +447031813622, 0023779335206, (00237) 79-33-52-06, (00237) 79-33-61-80

Used Western Union with a Test Question of "Our Goal" and Answer of "Best services".
    Used Western Union with a Test Question of "my name?" and Answer of "Neba".

Claims to have hard to find pinball parts. Uses stolen photos for proof. Does not have anything. Do not be fooled!

Has fooled several people into sending money and then refuses to answer email.

Claims to have cousin, Roselyne 'Rose' Ebenwe that receives Western Union payment at Lanhan dr. in Seabrook, Maryland. She claims to live at 922 Chancelor rd. in Bowie, Maryland or in New Mexico. Her phone number is 240-486-0267.

Might be a husband/wife team with Nchitu the wife, and Ngwa the husband. Might have a son named Ngwa.
    Uses translator services to try to scam non-english readers.
    Last updated February 7, 2012

6 years later
    #16 5 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

elvis ambe" &lt;[email protected]
    thanks for asking ken. posting the scammers info is a good idea.

Hi guys, thanks for sharing this info. Today I got an email from this person claiming to have parts for sale. I blocked him.

#17 5 years ago

Wow! How cool is it that a 6 year old Thread is still helping out pinheads around the world.
    Stay vigilant pinheads, there is a fox in the hen house.

#18 5 years ago

Sad part is he must be making money scamming or wouldn’t be doing it 6 years later.

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from ovfdfireman:

Sad part is he must be making money scamming or wouldn’t be doing it 6 years later.

Remarkable indeed. He used this address: [email protected]

2 months later
    #20 5 years ago

Awww man. I just got an email from him today...thought I was finally getting a part I had been looking for.

1 week later
    #21 5 years ago

ambe elvis <[email protected]> SCAMMER!

Yep, Looking for a back glass for a Williams 1961 Double Barrel and sure enough, for $210 this cat will send it to me....hmmm, glad I turned to Pinside before sending any money. When I asked for photo's and if I could pay by paypal, he dropped off the earth.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/possible-scam-alert and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.