You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pins5a (resized).jpg
20160331_162759 (resized).jpg
floating death star (resized).jpg

#1 4 years ago

This floating death star has been out for some time now and while maybe not useful for a playfield mod, what about using it as a topper for SW:E1? An LED strip could be added along the top of the game just in front of it to illuminate it (as it rotates) if needed.

floating death star (resized).jpgfloating death star (resized).jpg

#2 4 years ago

I don't get the correlation between Star Wars and martians. Makes me think of putting a Tonka truck on High Speed or a banjo on Metallica. It's just weird. Whatever floats your boat.

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

I don't get the correlation between Star Wars and martians. It's just weird.

That's because I own both Pinball 2000 games and intended to suggest it as a topper for SW:E1 and not for RFM (but I screwed up).

#4 4 years ago

The pin2k backbox isn't level, so from a practical standpoint, I kind of think there might be problems with getting the floating ball effect to work properly. It could probably work for DESW, trilogy, and Stern SW.

#5 4 years ago

Also there's the fact that the Death Star didn't even make a cameo appearance in Episode I (the plans were first shown in Episode II)

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

That's because I own both Pinball 2000 games and intended to suggest it as a topper for SW:E1 and not for RFM (but I screwed up).

Just put it on a shelf on the wall for Pete's sake.

#7 4 years ago

I had thought of using Pop figures similar to what I did with my STTNG. But some are only special issues and are pretty costly. So no topper for SWEp1.

20160331_162759 (resized).jpg20160331_162759 (resized).jpg

pins5a (resized).jpgpins5a (resized).jpg
#8 4 years ago
Quoted from TimBoch:

I had thought of using Pop figures similar to what I did with my STTNG. But some are only special issues and are pretty costly. So no topper for SWEp1.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Really awful looking, just dreadful.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from TimBoch:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Looks like BB Gun target practice.

#10 4 years ago

I didn't know there were toddlers on this site. Might have to be more careful with my language.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/possible-rfm-topper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.