7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by zippydapinhead
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

Now my free POTO isn't in real bad shape but it has some standard wear.

#1. Where the wireforms drop balls into the inlanes
    #2. Flaking near the upper rollover lanes
    #3. Flaking near the outhole
    #4. Cracked ramps not bad but I know they are
    #5 The stickers are all thrashed

Ok so the skinny is I was at my local pin store today picking up some flipper rebuild gear. We're talking about my POTO when the owner says he has a POTO playfield somewhere in the back. I ask if I can see it and he says, " Yeah but better take a flashlight."

One of the parts guys finds it and I can't get a real good look at it. It's behind a pile of other random pinball shit and I can't pick it up and look at it. I can barely reach it and see past the fact that it's really, really filthy. But I see as much as I can and I see that all the parts are intact on the playfield. The ramp has no cracks, it has the magic mirror and the stickers seem much better than mine. That and as far as I can tell there was little to no flaking, at least not where I have it.

Obviously I asked how much he wants and he hums and haws and sets a price I assume he's quazi flexabile with $350.

Now, first things first, I need to get them to pull it out so I can really get a look at it. But even if I can't get him to budge it sounds like a decent deal if it's in good but filthy shape. Plus if I got an extra playfield I could probably clearcoat the good one.

What do you guys think? I figure I'll probably come in at $250 and expect $300. That is if it's in decent shape. If it's in similar shape I won't bother.

#2 7 years ago

I think it's a great deal if in good/better shape than yours. Really cool game that I have wanted for awhile, they are hard to find. I imagine if you bought it you could sell the other one for a couple extra bucks even I have seen some BEAT UP ones out there that people would probably love to upgrade a little.

#3 7 years ago

If its better you should buy it, your pin was free after all.

#4 7 years ago

I would clean it up with him there and show him the wear to try and get him lower on the price.

#5 7 years ago

True but I don't really want to do labour on the thing if I'm not buying it also if it's in good shape underneath I'll probably doing myself a disservice price wise as well.

#6 7 years ago

Just get it. Machine was free so your not out, plus an extra PF is a way handy thing to have even in bad shape.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Various Other Swag
    Third Coast Pinball
    £ 12.00
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 49.95
    $ 40.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 7,399.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 1,000.00
    Playfields
    Pinball Playfields
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 18.95
    $ 2.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 9,999.99
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 7,500.00
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 109.99

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside