By MikeHogue

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MikeHogue.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to make everyone aware of an ad that came out on Mr Pinball Sept 2nd. It could be a scam!

Some guy in Idaho almost completely copied the description of my Hobbit SE on Craigslist and used it on the Mr Pinball site. Almost exactly. Just left out the trade possibility.

The questions is.......

Does he really have a Hobbit SE *exactly* like mine with RAD decals, Cliffy protectors updated code and very low plays? Will he use his own pictures, or will he use mine off of Craiglist too? Scam, or is this guy just completely lazy?

Here's my Craigslist ad. It just expired and I relisted it today.

spokane.craigslist.org link

Here's this guys Mr Pinball listing. Anyone know this guy?

Hobbit SE, Jersey Jack Pinball: $6800
    Like new with rad decals. The SE stands for Smaug Edition. This edition features Smaug on the cabinet sides and a gold Smaug on the playfield. Also, he has his own fire breathing attract screen on the display. The rad decals are a glossy and much thicker decal compared to the standard cabinet decals. They're a $400 dollar option on Jersey Jack Pinball machines. They can withstand the bumps and bruises a regular cabinet head / side wouldn't be able to take. This is a very low play game and it shows. It's a visually stunning game like new just out of the box. The Cliffy protectors have already been installed. The game plays flawlessly and is working 100%. I've even updated to the latest 2.0 code. Pictures available. The Hobbit has a deep rule set that few games can match. Numerous modes, many multiballs, 11 drop targets, three pop bumpers and a couple spinners gives you many items to shoot for. All while Smaug the dragon taunts you during your game. The high definition display not only keeps track of your score and progress through the game, but it also show clips from each movie. The movie clips are masterly integrated for pinball machine game play. Many can reach into the fire mode. Some can defeat the dragon Smaug. Very few will be able to complete this game.
    Frank
    [email protected], Idaho, Idaho

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MikeHogue.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/possible-mr-pinball-ad-fraud?tu=MikeHogue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.