(Topic ID: 37018)

FS/FT- SC looking for HUO SM (SC is in central VA)(deal pending)

By TaylorVA

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 59 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by TaylorVA
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

8k/OBO(kind of)

I'd rather not ship some deals warrant exceptions. I am looking for a nice SM. I consider my game to be in the $7500 range so it would be a SM +cash or possible a multiple pin deal. I would consider a SM and several other titles including nice EMs.

Pics of playfield swap.

http://s920.beta.photobucket.com/user/taylorva72/library/Safe%20Cracker%20playfield%20swap

Playfield was restored by Chris Hutchins. I reassembled it.
New ramps
New plastics

Cab is decent but front of cab has a nick in the lower left. Has wings, topper, extra rope light, tons of tokens. May install new cab decal before trade.

image.jpg

#2 6 years ago

Dude, I am very surprised you are putting this thing on the chopping block! You put a lot of work into this machine.

For those that are interested, this Safecracker is in tip-top condition. Very close, if not collector quality here.

I hope you get what you are looking for.

#4 6 years ago

PM Sent!

#5 6 years ago

say it ain't so!

#6 6 years ago

I love SC but frankly I enjoy playing other people and as a two-four player game it is not the easiest to play. I also figured the value of my game could get me a couple titles so could add to the diversity of my lineup. Still need to find a good trade so not in a rush to dump it.

Playfield is pretty decent.

image.jpg

#8 6 years ago

<blockquote cite="#612603"
Playfield is pretty decent.

Ummmm....that's more than pretty decent.

#9 6 years ago

i say dont do it you will regret and they are not replaceable. Very low production, extremely unique, and its a lawlor design. Plus its a ton of fun. The whole game is basically a hurry up one ball game, love it. The only down side is its a heavy little mother.

my 2 cent

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from country-clubber:

i say dont do it you will regret and they are not replaceable. Very low production, extremely unique, and its a lawlor design. Plus its a ton of fun. The whole game is basically a hurry up one ball game, love it. The only down side is its a heavy little mother.
my 2 cent

You guys don't make this easy.

Btw, I have a ton of family down your way. Anna Maria, Holmes Beach and Bradenton.

#11 6 years ago

Regarding keeping the game, I've been telling you that for a while

Its a really nice example. Don't forget to include that your apron is restored/cleared by the master as well. Good luck with the trade, you need more games!

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Btw, I have a ton of family down your way. Anna Maria, Holmes Beach and Bradenton

come by if you get down here

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from country-clubber:

my 2 cent

ditto.
Too difficult to replace.

#14 6 years ago

IMHO, if you're not playing it, holding onto it just because it's a beautiful, difficult to replace machine seems like a weak excuse. Get something you like to play.

I'd love to own it, but there's no way my current budget would even come close.

#15 6 years ago

"I'd love to own it, but there's no way my current budget would even come close."

That's why he wants to trade and not sell. Operators are standing by.

I could not get rid of it. But I also have not had one for years either.

#16 6 years ago

Just looking for some new blood in the lineup. If WOZ ever showed up it would satiate the bug but who knows when that's going to happen.

The one thing that is hard for me is wether I ever want the game again. If I feel like I might I should hold onto it as I probably won't own one nicer.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from Jeremecium:

That's why he wants to trade and not sell.

Ah, I missed that, but I'm still in the same boat. Nothing I'm willing to let go of would be even in the same ballpark. I'm pretty attached to what I have now. I recently sold my MB, and I'm still trying to recover from that one (see the purple hand <--).

Quoted from TaylorVA:

The one thing that is hard for me is wether I ever want the game again. If I feel like I might I should hold onto it as I probably won't own one nicer.

Truer words have never been spoken.

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from herg:

IMHO, if you're not playing it, holding onto it just because it's a beautiful, difficult to replace machine seems like a weak excuse.

not that weak.. these games are going up in price by the thousands every year, and SC is in the top tier of collectible games. I would hold onto such a game just to let it appreciate.

#19 6 years ago

SC is a great game and I certainly enjoy mine. However, many people just don't "get it" and it is not a great multiplayer game. They are not all that difficult to get but that is certainly going to change, as it has for so many titles. Good luck with the sale/trade.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinmeister:

SC is a great game and I certainly enjoy mine. However, many people just don't "get it" and it is not a great multiplayer game. They are not all that difficult to get but that is certainly going to change, as it has for so many titles. Good luck with the sale/trade.

Its an EXCELLENT single player game and just a bit awkward in multiplayer. I like that its a good single player game since the majority of my playtime is logged by myself.

#21 6 years ago

Sent a message 2 days ago and never got a response back. Oh well, I will keep looking.

#22 6 years ago

Sorry about not getting back sooner. I think I've replied to everyone that sent a PM.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Just looking for some new blood in the lineup. If WOZ ever showed up it would satiate the bug but who knows when that's going to happen.

Someday...I be bringing my truck to your house with WOZ inside and picking up that great looking Whitewater.

LOTR is still very enjoyable, thanks again for selling me such a great example.
If I have anything in current collection I could do a trade... a real one where pins exchange now.

I really do believe I be there after Spring

#24 6 years ago

I never have sold this if you like a TZ back
Pics on my old post from a few months back

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-pin-for-sale-very-nice-condition

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

Someday...I be bringing my truck to your house with WOZ inside and picking up that great looking Whitewater.
LOTR is still very enjoyable, thanks again for selling me such a great example.
If I have anything in current collection I could do a trade... a real one where pins exchange now.
I really do believe I be there after Spring

I miss LOTR. That is such an epic ruleset. If KJ does what he says he is doing with WOZ I have no doubt it will be a success.

I'd like to add a NGG and FH to my lineup right now. Have a couple of people interested in buying the game but then I'd have to start a pin hunt which I hate. Not impatient, just lazy.

#26 6 years ago

Continuing the bump.....

I have played this game quite a few times, before and after the playfield swap. An absolute beauty of a game. Taylor really did nice work on this.

Lastly, don't hesitate dealing with him. He's as honest as the day is long and really takes care of his pins. I've purchased from him twice and was very pleased with both purchases.

Good luck with the trade Taylor!

#27 6 years ago

Phil, thanks. I appreciate the kind words. Need to get down your way soon.

#28 6 years ago

Taylor:

I was going to ask if you wanted to exchange games for maybe three or six months just to change things up but still retain ownership. After looking at your game page, since you already had a CV, you might not be interested.

Dan

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from MrWizzo:

Taylor:
I was going to ask if you wanted to exchange games for maybe three or six months just to change things up but still retain ownership. After looking at your game page, since you already had a CV, you might not be interested.
Dan

That might be cool. What about IJ?

#30 6 years ago

After much consideration and discussion with other pinheads I'm going to hold onto my SC a little bit longer. A temp trade may do the trick and I would hate to second guess letting this pin go.

Hope you guys understand. -Taylor

#31 6 years ago

"Cheese-it, it's the cops"
"He messed you up pretty good, pal"

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

After much consideration and discussion with other pinheads I'm going to hold onto my SC a little bit longer. A temp trade may do the trick and I would hate to second guess letting this pin go.
Hope you guys understand. -Taylor

Taylor:

I think you made the right decision. Let me know when you want to talk about trading pins.
I might do IJ. Actually been thinking about selling it. Kind of same thing as you with SC.

Maybe even LOTR since you said you miss that one.

Dan

#33 6 years ago

If you and Dan decide to make a trade I would be glad to help with the heavy lifting. I wouldn't mind visiting Dan again anyway.

Jeremy

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from MrWizzo:

Taylor:
I think you made the right decision. Let me know when you want to talk about trading pins.
I might do IJ. Actually been thinking about selling it. Kind of same thing as you with SC.
Maybe even LOTR since you said you miss that one.
Dan

I miss LOTR but it was frankly the only game I wish I could have picked up and thrown out a window. What a deeply frustrating pin.

1 month later
#37 6 years ago

Are you sure this time?

#39 6 years ago

What's your cash price? I only have two system 11s, not collector quality so I can't trade.

#40 6 years ago

Was asking 8k but would take 7.5k to cover a new decal set and labor for the front of the cab.

1 month later
#42 6 years ago

GLWTS!

image.jpg

1 month later
#44 6 years ago

That's a beauty! Good luck!

3 months later
#45 5 years ago

bump for those trying to swap their MM for a really collectable game that will NEVER be remade.

5 months later
#47 5 years ago

This has to be a record for time in between bumps for a for sale thread!

#48 5 years ago

Bump.

Quoted from TigerLaw:

This has to be a record for time in between bumps for a for sale thread!

Is this a record low time between bumps?

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Bump.

Is this a record low time between bumps?

Nope. Some people bump their own for sale thread minutes after the first post. I've never understood that.

#50 5 years ago

I'm never really to eager to sell my games. Currently itching for a SM.

There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside