(Topic ID: 105036)

Possible divorce-forced HUO purchase....

By TheDrewster

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 171 posts
  • 105 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by labnip
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6697.JPG
IMG_6631.JPG
days.jpg
pinball-on-roof-1.jpg
image.jpg
hugsc.jpg
There are 171 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 9 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Looks like a haul TheDrewster. Can you give us a rundown of the condition of each, now that they are home? What was your final cost?

The TSPP, SP, and BDK are all truely home use only, and the Theatre of Magic, if it was ever routed, was hardly ever played. The inside of the cabinet and playfield is spotless, but it needed some cleaning. The ramps are still crystal clear and there are no signs of it being serviced or repaired at all.

The only other issue is that the knob on the shooter rod for SP snapped off, but I already have a replacement rod on the way from Marco Spec.

Since I don't mind sharing the price (because I am only selling one of them), the final cost was an even $10,000 for all machines, delivered. Yep, $2500 each. Due to the recent pinball purchase made right before this one, I will be rationing my food supplies until the extra machines are sold off and my money is recouped. I plan on selling the second TSPP, Stargate, Taxi, and a fourth undecided machine to hopefully offset the cost so life can return back to normal, haha.

#152 9 years ago
Quoted from TheDrewster:

The TSPP, SP, and BDK are all truely home use only, and the Theatre of Magic, if it was ever routed, was hardly ever played. The inside of the cabinet and playfield is spotless, but it needed some cleaning. The ramps are still crystal clear and there are no signs of it being serviced or repaired at all.
The only other issue is that the knob on the shooter handle for SP snapped off, but I already have a replacement rod on the way from Marco Spec.
Since I don't mind sharing the price (because I am only selling one of them), the final cost was an even $10,000 for all machines, delivered. Yep, $2500 each. Due to the recent pinball purchase made right before this one, I will be rationing my food supplies until the extra machines are sold off and my money is recouped. I plan on selling the second TSPP, Stargate, Taxi, and a fourth undecided machine to hopefully offset the cost so life can return back to normal, haha.

And the pins that you keep would be free. You scored, congrats!

#153 9 years ago

WCS sports announcer screams every time the goalie gets beat, " S C O R E ! ! ! ".

#154 9 years ago

Sounds like good deals are to be had up here in Reno. Glad I moved up here from Sacramento. That and the traffic is a lot better....

#155 9 years ago

Amazing score, congratulations!

#156 9 years ago

Glad to hear it all worked out for you!

Guess there are still a few honest people out there!

#157 9 years ago

Very nice score - congrats!

Post edited by moderator: pic removed

#158 9 years ago

Truly an incredible deal and well conducted. Congrats!
BTW, the Batman Dark Knight is the second gem on your four-bagger (after TOM, since you're selling the TSPP). Batman Dark Knight is way underrated and you will love it.

#159 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

patience.jpg 28 KB

So wrong... so very very wrong!

#160 9 years ago

Here is an updated pic of one side of the lineup. Taxi and Stargate got the boot to the garage for now. The BDK will take the place of my STTNG (on the other side that isnt shown).

IMG_6697.JPGIMG_6697.JPG
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#162 9 years ago

Well you pulled it off man, nice deal.

Considering everyone on NV Craigslist - and here- had a shot this you did pretty well. Patience pays off sometimes.

#163 9 years ago

Nice collection TheDrewster. You mentioned a second wall was not shown. Makes me wonder if there is room for more pins...mmmmhhhh... surprised you don't have SM or MET. Either would really tie the room together. Well that and maybe the right rug.

#164 9 years ago

great score, really nice line up there, looks great

#165 9 years ago

SWEET

#166 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

Post edited by moderator: pic removed

Who ever the moderator was that removed that picture is one step higher in my book. That post was just very bad taste.

#167 9 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

Who ever the moderator was that removed that picture is one step higher in my book. That post was just very bad taste.

Agreed... very bad taste indeed.

#168 9 years ago

and I missed it

Oh well. I will only imagine what it was...

#169 9 years ago

After spending several days with the machines up and running, here is what I have had to do to them:

TSPP: Cleaned playfield, adjusted the stuck shooter lane switch. Otherwise perfect.
TOM: Subway opto is dead and the game occasionally resets. Flaky backbox GI connector. Currently triaging these issues.
SP: Replaced shooter rod, barrel spring, and shooter lane switch, Kenny might need a new pivot coil as he doesn't lay down when he is "killed."
BDK: Cleaned playfield, replaced barrel spring, updated the extremely old 1.x game code, fine-tuned the crane positions. Otherwise perfect.

The machines, while they were HUO, were thoroughly enjoyed but not regularly cleaned. They are all pretty and shiny now and luckily there has been no irreparable damage. I am still stoked to have these machines.

2 weeks later
#170 9 years ago

Awesome TheDrewster it is great to hear deals like this.

#171 9 years ago

...w..o..w...
what a dream score to fold into a collection at such a great price-point per machine.
some guys got all the luck

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MA
$ 47.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Sandy Springs, GA
$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 171 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/possible-divorce-forced-huo-purchase/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.