• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0098 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
#1 6 years ago

Since 2012 I've been on-again-off-again talking to a guy out of PHY about a Hercules he has. I can provide you with the long story if you'd like but short story is he's moved to FLA but is back in town this week and would like to try and get rid of the machine again (which is now in storage). Sounds like a classic "it used to work" machine that will need a full restore. We had settled on a $750 sale price but I am no longer interested (I'm in Michigan anyway and won't make it out there). If a Pinsider is interested I would be happy to forward details. He is available after 5pm tonight and also has time this weekend.

Normally I would think all this feels scammy but he's a real guy, a mortgage underwriter who checks out (I researched). The Hercules is clearly a low priority for him and only deals with it when he has less than down time and happens to be in PHY.

Lemme know. Thanks.

#2 6 years ago

One just popped up on CL this morning. I'm guessing it's the same one.

reading.craigslist.org link

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#3 6 years ago

Sounds like he needs it gone, someone can probably get it for 4-500

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Sounds like he needs it gone, someone can probably get it for 4-500

I told him $500-800 based on condition. He said $750 this morning which is where my number came from. But you're right I think he just wants it out of there so if a fair offer came in he might jump on it.

#5 6 years ago

how do you lose a piece of glass that big???

#6 6 years ago

Where is phy? Philly?

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

how do you lose a piece of glass that big???

Unless I'm mistaken weren't those plexi due to the size and weight? I'm probably wrong but the ones I've seen had plexi...

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Where is phy? Philly?

Like the title says!!

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from Underspin:

Unless I'm mistaken weren't those plexi due to the size and weight? I'm probably wrong but the ones I've seen had plexi...

From the one I've seen in person, the playfield glass appeared to be real glass. I'm pretty sure the backglass is a traditional glass backglass. I've seen some examples that appeared to be flaking like backglasses tend to do.

A measurement I've seen for the playfield glass: 36" x 72" x ?

Quoted from Underspin:

I told him $500-800 based on condition. He said $750 this morning which is where my number came from. But you're right I think he just wants it out of there so if a fair offer came in he might jump on it.

Wish I had the space for one of these.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

From the one I've seen in person, the playfield glass appeared to be real glass. I'm pretty sure the backglass is a traditional glass backglass. I've seen some examples that appeared to be flaking like backglasses tend to do.

Wow that's a big piece of glass. Thank you for the correction.

#11 6 years ago

This is really the most popular machine possible to bring to pinball shows. Whoever gets and restores it will be chased by show organizers to bring the machine to their show.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Wish I had the space for one of these.

The playfield and back "glass" were both factory plexi. I have owned three of them.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Like the title says!!

Haha, sorry, i didnt read the title the whole way through

#14 6 years ago

Man! I'm near philly! I just wish I had a means to store the damn thing. I'd love to own one.

#15 6 years ago

I remember playing this game in the 80,s. Too anyone thinking about buying this for home use I would think again. While it would probably do well out on route or at shows due to it's uniqueness and size, it is probably the most brain numbingly boring pin out there . You will play one ball and then wonder why in the hell you have it. Really belongs in pin museum imho.

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

This is really the most popular machine possible to bring to pinball shows. Whoever gets and restores it will be chased by show organizers to bring the machine to their show.

Wish I had the space to store it and work on it--that would be my plan for it--to bring it to the Saratoga show.

#17 6 years ago

will it fit in my prius?

#18 6 years ago

Don't they have a bombay type door undetneath for service??

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Don't they have a bombay type door undetneath for service??

Yup

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Wish I had the space to store it and work on it--that would be my plan for it--to bring it to the Saratoga show.

The good news is it is big enough to where you can store your other games inside of it.

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from Underspin:

Yes they are plexi, I got mine out of Addison Illinois at a place called ACI plastics because they will cut it to the size needed....which many places wont. The exact size is 39 3/8" x 74 1/8" x 1/4" thick.
I love having mine here and it's holding the space for the Bigfoot......LOL. Plus Floyd kinda like's it too.

John

IMG_0098 (resized).JPGIMG_0098 (resized).JPG

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

One just popped up on CL this morning. I'm guessing it's the same one.
reading.craigslist.org link

Man, I hate when people call a pinball machine "the unit."

Quoted from SUPERBEE:

I remember playing this game in the 80,s. Too anyone thinking about buying this for home use I would think again. While it would probably do well out on route or at shows due to it's uniqueness and size, it is probably the most brain numbingly boring pin out there . You will play one ball and then wonder why in the hell you have it. Really belongs in pin museum imho.

I wouldn't agree with that. If you have the space its a great novelty pin - WAY more fun than other novelties like Joust, Challenger, or the stand up pins. Fun multiplayer game. Yeah pretty much pointless as a one-player but I'd think anybody buying this has plenty of other games.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Yes they are plexi, I got mine out of Addison Illinois at a place called ACI plastics because they will cut it to the size needed....which many places wont. The exact size is 39 3/8" x 74 1/8" x 1/4" thick.
I love having mine here and it's holding the space for the Bigfoot......LOL. Plus Floyd kinda like's it too.
John

Your machine plays nice John and I love the alt "glass" next it. BTW this is the same guy that I contacted you about a couple years back to try and get an idea of worth and what to offer. And here we are again in 2017

#24 6 years ago

This is in Reading PA… about 1 1/2 hours NW of Philly… I was actually in Reading today working but resisted going to see it as I have no way to move it or space.

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

The good news is it is big enough to where you can store your other games inside of it.

Yep, cram them up up through the bomb bay doors, lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/possible-atari-hercules-in-philadelphia-pa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.