Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by dothedoo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

"Scott" in San Diego has an AF on Mr Pinball for $3200. I emailed and he said he was in Delaware but would ship it to me. My lucky day, I thought, since I am near the Delaware border in PA. I told him I would come and pick it up. He supplied an address in a somewhat "run down" section of Wilmington, and told me to bring cash.
Looks, smells, and sounds like a scam, with me possibly getting robbed should I be stupid enough to show up. Anybody else tried to deal with "Scott"?
By the way, he won't give me his phone number, I asked for additional pics and he has yet to provide them, and the house that shows in the background of the pics he initially emailed me is not the same house which appears under his supplied address on Google Street View. Hmmm....

#2 7 years ago

"Possible"?

#3 7 years ago

You can go, you just won't come back with your money, Addams family and most likely not your life!

#4 7 years ago

I deal with Scott all the time, really nice Romanian fellow.

Even if you agree to meet at his house, at the last minute he will say that he forgot, and that the game is actually at his brother's place in Dallas TX. When you say that you will be in Dallas next week and can go pick it up, it will magically move across the country again.

Scott is very forgetful where he keeps his games, but he is happy to ship them to you.

#5 7 years ago

ill be in Dallas next week!

#6 7 years ago

I've run into scammers on mr pinball. I think that's a common playground for them. I've seen some suspicious ads on Pinside too. I'm thinking maybe Pinside should institute some rules to prevent scammers, such as you must be a member for 6 months and have at least 50 posts before you are allowed to post an ad. What do you think? At least this way you can get an some idea of the person from his posts. Would a Robin be open to rules to screen out scammers.

#7 7 years ago

I've got a John Deere tractor I'll trade him for it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,159.00
26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 180.00
$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/possible-addams-family-scam-mr-pinball-classified and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.