(Topic ID: 65304)

Portland Retro Gaming Expo this weekend

By PinballBulbs

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CAM00448.jpg
    CAM00447.jpg
    CP.jpg
    Front.jpg
    CAM00443.jpg
    CAM00445.jpg
    CAM00446.jpg
    CAM00446.jpg
    pr5.jpg
    pr4.jpg
    pr3.jpg
    pr2.jpg
    pr.jpg

#1 10 years ago

I hadn't seen it mentioned on here and wanted to give a quick shout to the Portland Retro Gaming Expo. I know they started and were primarily retro gaming like consoles and such , but in the last few years have added an arcade and now this year going bigger on pinballs. We will be there and bringing about 12-13 pinball machines, including Woz and the new Stern Star trek all on free play. We will have product and such on display and for sale, but primarily coming to bring the pins in their free play arcade.

Here is the site for more information on times, place and tickets http://retrogamingexpo.com/ . It's going to be at the convention center Saturday and Sunday.

#2 10 years ago

Some set up pics...

pr.jpgpr.jpg pr2.jpgpr2.jpg pr3.jpgpr3.jpg pr4.jpgpr4.jpg pr5.jpgpr5.jpg

#3 10 years ago

Looks good and plan on attending for the first time on Saturday.
    It is great you are bringing the new Star Trek.

#4 10 years ago
    Quoted from zippydapinhead:

Some set up pics...

Great pics. Ill snag some more this morning as well!

#5 10 years ago

Some set up pics...

Pink donkey kong

#6 10 years ago

Some pics

CAM00446.jpgCAM00446.jpg // Error: Image 139046 not found //

#7 10 years ago

Some pics

CAM00446.jpgCAM00446.jpg CAM00445.jpgCAM00445.jpg CAM00443.jpgCAM00443.jpg

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballgeek:

Pink donkey kong

That is "Pauline". A rom-hacked custom DK where you control Pauline and recue Mario.

Front.jpgFront.jpg
    CP.jpgCP.jpg

#9 10 years ago

So don't let your glass do this....They will need to close off entire rows for an "extreme saftey hazard" for 20min lol

CAM00447.jpgCAM00447.jpg CAM00448.jpgCAM00448.jpg

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinballBulbs:

So don't let your glass do this

Thats what you get pulling glass and LEDing pins during a show. LOL. Had to happen sooner or later. Hope it was off and all clear before it blew, or that's a long shop job on a pin.

#11 10 years ago

Thats what you get pulling glass and LEDing pins during a show. LOL. Had to happen sooner or later. Hope it was off and all clear before it blew, or that's a long shop job on a pin.

Yup, it was off and set away from the pin itself. Oh well, more glass coming so that pin can be up and running tomorrow. WoZ getting loads of play and only went "down" once and a simple reset fixed it. Constant play on the 12 games and so far nothing down besides the glass explosion game.

#12 10 years ago

Actually, our WoZ broke mid day. The left outlane light board is now dead so over half the lights in the game are out. Everyone that sees the game sees it in this condition.

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Actually, our WoZ broke mid day. The left outlane light board is now dead so over half the lights in the game are out. Everyone that sees the game sees it in this condition.

Dude that sucks. Not the best PR for JJP either.

#14 10 years ago

Really enjoyed playing these pins on Saturday! The new Star Trek was fun to test out, along with the MM which was one of the most beautiful I've ever seen. I'm not a big fan of the over the top LED lighting on most pins, but was quite impressed with these.

I also loved that your warm white LEDs are actually warm white without a hint of blue or purple to them. Placed my order on the web site last night!

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from TheKreator:

Really enjoyed playing these pins on Saturday! The new Star Trek was fun to test out, along with the MM which was one of the most beautiful I've ever seen. I'm not a big fan of the over the top LED lighting on most pins, but was quite impressed with these.
    I also loved that your warm white LEDs are actually warm white without a hint of blue or purple to them. Placed my order on the web site last night!

Glad you could make it out and got a chance to play those pins as well, especially the new stark trek. I have become quite the fan of that pin!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/portland-retro-gaming-expo-this-weekend and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.