4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TigerLaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 8 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image-339.jpg
    image.jpg
    portlandia.jpg
    reference-photo-LAsmall.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

#1 4 years ago

PavBall and I are going to be spending VDay at Ground Kontrol. She is letting me slide on 50 Shades of Grey so we can stay all night.
    image.jpg

#2 4 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

PavBall and I are going to be spending VDay at Ground Kontrol. She is letting me slide on 50 Shades of Grey so we can stay all night.

Damn Tiger, I was up in Portland yesterday. Have fun and Happy VD

#3 4 years ago

Portland is one heck of a nice city. Enjoying a beer flight at Zeus Cafe. image.jpg

#4 4 years ago

Just finished that beer flight. Cornelius pass road house had free sausage, beer and pizza.

#5 4 years ago

Damn that looks good.

#6 4 years ago

Heard a great story from one of the Crazy Flipper Fingers who lives down here now about how they strong armed location pinball into Portland. If you believe them they're the reason every freaking block in some places has a machine!

reference-photo-LAsmall.jpg

#7 4 years ago

portlandia.jpg

#8 4 years ago

The CFF guys have definitely helped, but pinball has been around Oregon for a lot longer than CFF. Read about the pinball wars of Willamette valley at the link below.

http://offbeatoregon.com/1307d-pinball-wars-elkins-vs-teamsters.html

If you join the CFF crew, you can only enter the initials CFF for any high score you get. Anywhere. That's a pretty big enrollment requirement. Better than getting hazed I guess, but still...

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from Slugmeister:

portlandia.jpg 64 KB

The Portlandia scene below was filmed at Ground Kontrol. It's the best episode of Portlandia so far IMO. The real mayor of Portland plays the fake mayor's assistant on the show.

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Heard a great story from one of the Crazy Flipper Fingers who lives down here now about how they strong armed location pinball into Portland. If you believe them they're the reason every freaking block in some places has a machine!

reference-photo-LAsmall.jpg 17 KB

Where can I get this shirt?

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from Boise_D:

Where can I get this shirt?

You cant get one unless you're a member. I've tried. They have a Seattle chapter and apparently an LA chapter now. You should start a Boise chapter.

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

The Portlandia scene below was filmed at Ground Kontrol. It's the best episode of Portlandia so far IMO. The real mayor of Portland plays the fake mayor's assistant on the show.
    ยป YouTube video

Yep.Ground Kontrol is awesome.Not quite as awesome as Carrie and Portlandia and/or Sleater Kinney which have a new album BTW

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

You cant get one unless you're a member. I've tried. They have a Seattle chapter and apparently an LA chapter now. You should start a Boise chapter.

Oh well. I wouldn't be able to give up putting my own initials for high scores anyway.

#14 4 years ago

TigerLaw is very happy. image-339.jpgimage.jpg

#15 4 years ago

image.jpg

Look what game they have Jodester.

#16 4 years ago

Had a great time at Ground Kontrol as always. Going to hit it again tomorrow night. PavBall crushed me on BSD. She had two straight games over 100 mill...not to shabby. image.jpg

#17 4 years ago

That was the only game I actually managed to beat Mr. Tigerlaw. Guess it could be worst. Tomorrow is revenge time for me

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

The CFF guys have definitely helped, but pinball has been around Oregon for a lot longer than CFF. Read about the pinball wars of Willamette valley at the link below.
    http://offbeatoregon.com/1307d-pinball-wars-elkins-vs-teamsters.html
    If you join the CFF crew, you can only enter the initials CFF for any high score you get. Anywhere. That's a pretty big enrollment requirement. Better than getting hazed I guess, but still...

Even on your home machines? That would suck if you host a league of CFF guys.

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Even on your home machines? That would suck if you host a league of CFF guys.

If you live in Portland, you don't need to own games. Problem solved!

Sounds like you guys are having a blast. Wish I was closer. Really.

#20 4 years ago

CFF home games are the only place you can use your OG initials! Be sure to check out Cbar when in Portland 15 pins great food and drink, or for a really good time Hawthorne strip with a fast as hell Getaway and a mean TSPP!

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from Slugmeister:

Yep.Ground Kontrol is awesome.Not quite as awesome as Carrie and Portlandia and/or Sleater Kinney which have a new album BTW

What other places are near Ground Kontrol? May hit a different one tonight.

#22 4 years ago

If you want pinball and food C-bar is hard to beat plus Ships ahoy is right across the street.
    Worth a cab ride for sure.

Scoreboard is close to C bar with a good line up as well, they might have the new Wrestling game

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

If you want pinball and food C-bar is hard to beat plus Ships ahoy is right across the street.
    Worth a cab ride for sure.
    Scoreboard is close to C bar with a good line up as well, they might have the new Wrestling game

Are those walking distance from Ground Kontrol? We are staying near there.

#24 4 years ago

Nope those are on the East side, C-bar is worth the cab ride imo
    Great lineup and really good food

If you're trying to stay DT most places except GK are just two game setups.
    The pinball map app is pretty up to date if you guys have smart phones.

#25 4 years ago

My place invitation sent BYOB

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from Shoot_Again:

My place invitation sent BYOB

Could work out perfectly actually. It is on our way back from Longview/Kelso tomorrow.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 214.99
    $ 16.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 229.99
    $ 30.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 49.95
    Playfield - Plastics
    MicksPinball
    $ 100.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 20.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Apron Envy
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 1,099.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 60.00
    $ 146.66
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 45.00
    $ 239.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 149.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside