5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 48 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by s1500
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

CFF.jpg

#1 5 years ago

Hello Portland pinsiders. I've mentioned to ya'll that I go to Longview frequently and have visited Ground Kontrol before. I will be there this Saturday with my son, probably arriving around or a little after noon. I'll probably wear a Texas Pinball Festival shirt or something like that - if any of you are around and want to play a couple games and hang out let me know. First game will be on me.

I'm not a great player or anything but I sure enjoy meeting Pinsiders. Thanks.

#2 5 years ago

Went there last year, pretty cool place. MOST of the machines are working good. Be sure to use the pinfinder app, lots of pins scattered throughout the city. Heck, the bar 1/2 a block from the jupiter hotel has like 7-8 pins including an earthshaker and an EATPM. Also make sure you stop by voodoo donut, most unreal donut you'll ever have (and you can play twilight zone and pirates there), though they were rough when I was there.

#3 5 years ago

It's past due that I make it to the Northwest again.
    I need to do a good quality walk thru of that place for my youtube channel...
    https://www.youtube.com/user/904PinballZine

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

MOST of the machines are working good.

Yea, I was there in November. Pretty much everything was working then and playing well too boot. It is a cool bar and I'm glad they let minors in until 5pm as my son thinks it is the greatest place ever.

#5 5 years ago

A short 2 hr drive to Eugene will take you to Oregons best and biggest pinball arcade, Blairally. We have over 35 pins and a couple dozen other games a full bar and menu as well.

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from Blairally:

A short 2 hr drive to Eugene will take you to Oregons best and biggest pinball arcade, Blairally. We have over 35 pins and a couple dozen other games a full bar and menu as well.

I so need to make it out to you next time I'm in Eugene, my mom lives there and I try and get up there once a year or so at least.

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I so need to make it out to you next time I'm in Eugene

Blairalley is a MUST when in Eugene. No excuses Aurich if you miss it next time you are up. Hell, PM me and I'll meet ya there and buy you a brew!

#8 5 years ago

I will plan for Eugene next trip. Finally boarding my plane in Houston for Portland. Long delay...

Can't wait for ground kontrol tomorrow. My son and I had a blast there last year.

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Can't wait for ground kontrol tomorrow. My son and I had a blast there last year.

Hell yes. Wish I could meet you guys there.

When playing in Portland, keep an eye out for members of the Crazy Flipper Fingers. They often wear their colors (T-shirt). They also always enter CFF when they get a high score. Can't miss them. Great crew. Although it's probably better to leave the kids at home if you're gonna hang out with them. They do like their cold malted beverages. d

CFF.jpg
    #10 5 years ago

That's an awesome logo. I will be on the look out!

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

Hell yes. Wish I could meet you guys there.
    When playing in Portland, keep an eye out for members of the Crazy Flipper Fingers. They often wear their colors (T-shirt). They also always enter CFF when they get a high score. Can't miss them. Great crew. Although it's probably better to leave the kids at home if you're gonna hang out with them. They do like their cold malted beverages. d

CFF.jpg 12 KB

You will spot CFF by the douch bag "better than you" attitudes, and poser hipster dress they carry around ,, im sure they will be riding mopeds as well ...

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dawson:

You will spot CFF by the douch bag "better than you" attitudes, and poser hipster dress they carry around ,, im sure they will be riding mopeds as well ...

That hasn't been my experience with them. Sorry to hear you feel that way.

#13 5 years ago

I shitty few can spoil the whole bunch ...

#14 5 years ago

Stop by Triangle Bowl and play in Longview. Got family guy, monopoly and a T2 in the bowl now.

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from beauimpala:

Stop by Triangle Bowl and play in Longview. Got Family Guy, Monopoly and a T2 in the bowl now.

Sweet. Will hit it up tomorrow. Just got to the red lion. Thanks for the heads up that the machines were there.

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dawson:

Not at all. I had these guys over my house and they're a great bunch of guys. Nothing like you said above.

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dawson:

Maybe you ran into the wrong one at the wrong time. They all seem to be nice guys. Bought a pin or two fron me. They operate at the c bar now i think and hold lots of great tourneys

#18 5 years ago

I am back in Kelso from the trip to Ground Kontrol. All games were in great shape and my son and his friend and I all had a blast. Portland is a great place for pinball.

#19 5 years ago

Glad GK treated you well. As others have mentioned, C-Bar is definitely worth checking out next time you pass through. Pins are meticulously maintained, great food/beer, and kids are allowed up until 8-9pm.

#20 5 years ago

The bar across the street from C-bar also had some decent pins last time I was up there.
    I think it was called Ship ahoy tavern.

#21 5 years ago

Pm me next time . I have my place two blocks from GK have some great tables

#22 5 years ago

Glad you had fun.
    Maybe I will catch up with you on a future trip.

#23 5 years ago

Will be through Portland in a few days. In North Platte tonight. Iowa 80 Truck Stop in Wolcott has a nice Sharkey's Shootout.

#24 5 years ago

If you happen to pass through on a Tuesday you should check out one of our weekly tournaments. This week's is at Slabtown in NW Portland. Starts at 7pm.

#25 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dawson:

Some of these guys come to my place every month ... good bunch of people, but my guess u would prob think the same about me if you saw me. My advice is to challenge them to a game and have a good time playing

#26 5 years ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

The bar across the street from C-bar also had some decent pins last time I was up there.
    I think it was called Ship ahoy tavern.

Yup,and they have one if not the only WOZ on location in PDX. Really blows to pay a buck per credit for that game.
    C-Bar is my # 2 choice next to Ground Kontrol for Pinball in PDX. Blairalley looks to only have EM pins?

#27 5 years ago

Blairally has games of all eras. Must see location if you're anywhere close to Eugene.

#28 5 years ago
    Quoted from karmalord:

Yup,and they have one if not the only WOZ on location in PDX. Really blows to pay a buck per credit for that game.
    C-Bar is my # 2 choice next to Ground Kontrol for Pinball in PDX. Blairalley looks to only have EM pins?

Blairally is about 50/50 EM's & SS pins, & an EM bowler. Cool place, it's behind the Ninkasi brewpub - so no shortage of decent beer. The guys that own this are pinheads themselves & have a massive pin repair facility behind the bar.

#29 5 years ago

I'd say more like 7 EMs and 28 SS machines, 2 EM ball bowlers, a shuffle bowler, skee ball, and a couple dozen arcade games

#30 5 years ago
    Quoted from Iamdarras:

Pm me next time . I have my place two blocks from GK have some great tables

Great! I may stay a couple days in Portland next time. It will be in early August.

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from Blairally:

I'd say more like 7 EMs and 28 SS machines, 2 EM ball bowlers, a shuffle bowler, skee ball, and a couple dozen arcade games

Ok then, I'm guessing you would know!

#32 5 years ago
    Quoted from Blairally:

Ok,just not seeing a good website for this yet,I will look again soon.

1 month later
    #33 5 years ago

Here at ground kontrol with son and fiancé. Anyone else here in right now? I'm wearing a spartan shirt, brown color. Come say hi if you are here. Only staying an hour.

8 months later
    #34 5 years ago

Bringing this one back as I feel it is still relevant and not necessary for a new topic.

I am in Portland this week for business and so I of course made my first stop at Ground Kontrol. I must say, it was VERY cool! A great selection of pins and arcade games. Most of the video games were older, but they had some great ones like CarnEvil and one of my all time favorites, Sunset Riders! All of them seemed to be in pretty good condition too. Nice bar selection, places to sit and chill and overall a really nice layout.

Almost all of the pins were working, a few were not. A good selection though. They had a bunch I had played but quite a few I had yet to see so it was very cool to get a game in on all of them. I was let down a little bit to see LOTR was on but not accepting coins. When I saw it I got all excited since I would be able to see if I liked it as much as I did in Vegas a year ago but was down when it didn't work. That and POTC. As a happy owner of Black Rose, everyone always says POTC is the better pirate pin. I didn't get to play it as some guy had a monolopy on it, but it did look fun. I would have to play it to see if it was for me but it definitely interested me, visually.

Other notables... Walking Dead - Finally got to play it and I really enjoyed it. However, after a few games I felt like it was missing something. I can't pinpoint what that is and while I don't think I would ever want to own one, I did enjoy it. Spiderman - After reading so many posts of how great this pin is, I was expecting more. It almost feels like a poor Stern version of AFM and overall, I wanted my 50 cents back. Wasn't feeling it. WC94 - so happy to get to play this one. Just a lot of fun. I could see myself owning one. TOTAN - More confirmation I need more money because I really just love this pin. it was so dark, but even still it is a favorite. Sleeper pin of the day for me... NGG. Wow, what a fun pin. I wasn't expecting much, it just seemed like a joke of a pin but press start and man this pin is fun. Good layout, great theme, and a whole lot of fun. I could see myself owning one, easy.

Overall, such a cool place to spend a few hours and some cash. Highly recommended if you find your self in Portland. I am here for a few more days. I have the C-bar to check out and Crow Bar or Vern's (gotta play me some I500) and then who knows, will probably end up back at Ground Kontrol again!

#35 5 years ago

Ground Kontrol is my favorite place in Portland for sure. Actually, my favorite place anywhere that I have seen for pinball that is not a show like TPF. Games are well maintained.

#36 5 years ago

Yeah,sounds like you could have been in the big Pinbrawl this past Sunday. All the best players from the NW and beyond were there going at it from 11am to 11pm. Was a lot of fun.
    Congrats to Raymond Davidson FTW!

#37 5 years ago

Anyone ever seen that giant ten player arcade machine they have out there anywhere else? It is called Queen something I think? Looks cool, kind of retro, but sure takes up some real estate.

#38 5 years ago

Killer Queen. http://killerqueenarcade.com/

That's one of only 5 or 6 on location in the country.

#39 5 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Anyone ever seen that giant ten player arcade machine they have out there anywhere else?

Logan's arcade in chicago has one, they brought it to MGC this year.

#40 5 years ago

If you have the time, take a road trip South to Eugene & hit Blairalley.

#41 5 years ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

If you have the time, take a road trip South to Eugene & hit Blairalley.

Unfortunately no time this trip to take that kind of road trip. But today we went to C Bar, Belmont Inn and Harigan's Tavern.

Harigan's Tavern was to play I500 which solidifies for me that I NEED that to be my next pin. I wanted one, loved it, but getting to play it again... must have for me.

Belmont Inn was cool. Good guy behind the bar (maybe the owner?) and some fun pins. Really enjoyed ACDC, Star trek was a lot of fun, Monster Bash was a blast and I got to try WWE... which I see no reason to really play again.

C Bar was very cool and met the owner, who was awesome. Nice guy, spent a little time chatting with us and just really cool. Great place for pins too! Can't say I cared for many of them but I got to try some I never played... Metallica, Dracula, Fish Tales... all decent but none of them left me having to play one more. NBA Fast Break was fun. Really enjoyed Getaway and had a fun time playing Harlem Globetrotters too.

thinking I am heading back to Ground Kontrol in a little bit!

#42 5 years ago

You didn't venture across the street from C Bar? The Ship Ahoy had 4 more awesome pins.

#43 5 years ago
    Quoted from karmalord:

You didn't venture across the street from C Bar? The Ship Ahoy had 4 more awesome pins.

I contemplated it but wanted to get to the I500 to play some games as that was a front runner for my next pin and playing it solidified it... I want it. LOL We figured the others were at the spots on Belmont (other than Tron) and time was limited so we bypassed it. I have one more night to hang out and I think I will go back to the C bar and then over to Ships Ahoy as well.

And i did head back to Ground Kontrol to make my donation of quarters. Such a good time!

#44 5 years ago
    Quoted from njgsx96:

And i did head back to Ground Kontrol to make my donation of quarters. Such a good time!

& PREMIUM local brews to boot.

#45 5 years ago

+1 for Ship Ahoy. Great pin lineup and neighborhood dive bar atmosphere.

#46 5 years ago

OK, so it looks like I am going to hit up the Crow Bar for some I500 plays and then head over to Ships Ahoy to get some some games of Tron in. And, while I am there I might as well walk across the street to C Bar. One last hurrah. Leaving Thursday after work, back to dirty jerzey!

#47 5 years ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

& PREMIUM local brews to boot.

Oregon in general is the best place in the states for beer period.

#48 5 years ago

GK is a barcade done right. Heck, I even found credits on pins when I went there. Great selection of pins, well-maintained, and great clientele. Not even a sausage fest! Went there during the Portland Retro Gaming Expo.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 16.00
    Tools
    PinballSolutions.eu
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 400.00
    Boards
    Great American Pinball
    $ 20.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 99.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 9,099.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    £ 75.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinballToys
    $ 20.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 149.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside