Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 54 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by vid1900
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

img003_(resized).jpg
    512pmD8Wj2L_(resized).jpg
    Doxie_0138_(resized).png
    There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 8 years ago

Papazit,

What dpi did you initially scan with?

I used my V39 this week in order to scan my backbox art and everything came out really nice and clear without removing the bezel.

I scanned at 1200 dpi (used professional mode - 1 scan, all options off).

#52 8 years ago
    Quoted from Gryphun:

Papazit,
    What dpi did you initially scan with?
    I used my V39 this week in order to scan my backbox art and everything came out really nice and clear without removing the bezel.
    I scanned at 1200 dpi (used professional mode - 1 scan, all options off).

I think I used 800 on the sample scan. I'll double-check my settings, try it again and report back. Thanks

Mike

#53 8 years ago

other thing I also did was save the scans as TIFF files.

Opened Photoshop cs5 on my mac, file > automate > photomerge - took my MacBook pro awhile to merge those TIFF files (430MB each) but in the end had really great 1 uncompressed final images (little less than 2 GB per image).

#54 8 years ago

Another good trick is to not join all the scans together, unless you are printing the whole image.

For making playfield masks and decals, leave all the files as individual scans.

There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/portable-wand-scanners/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.