Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Homepin Opto Rollovers (resized).jpg
Homepin hall effect spinner (resized).jpg
24033 (resized).jpg
7A2C680C-0270-4D5A-B242-80414F259417 (resized).png
5160E0EE-C29A-4BB6-9D0B-7185A7575050 (resized).jpeg
9F2AF1B9-37CA-4C12-A5EE-7DDB1DC05E72 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kvan99.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 3 years ago

I dunno the layout is too simple. No ramps? In a car racing pin?

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Apparently, the layout plays very fast.
Pinball is practically unknown in China. People have no idea what it is and what's fun about it. I think, the best way to get them introduced to pinball is by starting of with simple layouts and rules, and build from there. Basically start with games with a simple objective that is fun to shoot but difficult to master. Forget about wizard modes and all that. Keep it simple. Several EM game layouts come to mind that could do great as solid-state games, with a great soundtrack and voice calls, especially when themed for the Asian market.

Yes, I see that now....we are not the primary audience. He's definitely a rebel of a man....but in the future he should pay for some design work.

#35 3 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Not defending or attacking anyone, but the pinball industry used to have a tendency of not caring, or getting upset, with layouts being 'borrowed' by companies in territories they didn't sell themselves. E.g.: all the Brazilian pinball games that heavily leaned on Williams, Bally and even some European designs. At some point, Bally even copied a Gottlieb playfield layout almost 1 : 1. Nobody complained about that back in the day and the Brazilian knock-off games are even rather collectible for pinball enthusiasts these days.
I think, the best chance any startup pinball company in China has is looking at what worked in pinball in the past and try to adept that to the Asian market. If that results in a new market and more pinball in general, I don't see the problem. With a bit of luck existing pinball companies may benefit from the Asian market (finally) opening up (which still remains to be seen).

Ha, yeah, Data East (Stern) made their entire business by ripping off Williams....they even got sued a few times.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kvan99.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/porsche-pinball-by-homepin?tu=kvan99 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.