(Topic ID: 207734)

Pork Bellies Investment Thread- No Haters Please!

By o-din

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 70 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by mcluvin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 22 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

ribs-2-pack-from-costco (resized).jpg
    MagicalAnimal.jpg
    pancetta (resized).jpg
    forpetessake3 (resized).jpg
    Eat Bacon.jpg
    Cops and Bacon.jpg
    mad-hatter-1[1] (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    BkZOjVWCEAACYXV (resized).jpg
    bacon_roses-for_that-special_someone (resized).jpg
    Super-Snail-Racing-Car-108266 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    bacon (resized).PNG
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg

There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 2 years ago

I realize there have been other discussions of pork bellies on this forum, and some of those threads quickly went south. So I wanted to start this thread for those that actively invest or indulge in pork bellies.

If you don't have anything nice to say, or it's against your religion or what have you, please take it elsewhere or start your own damn thread!

This is a thread for only positive things about pork bellies!

#2 2 years ago

Will this discussion be about pig roasts ? Or other forms of obtaining pork bellies ?

Thank you.

LTG : )

#3 2 years ago

All things pig LTG! All things pig.

#4 2 years ago

p (resized).jpg

#5 2 years ago

What I like most about pork bellies is they are not only an excellent investment, but they also taste yummy at breakfast time.

#6 2 years ago

I've had better luck with Concentrated Frozen Orange Juice...

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

that actively invest

I can talk about this.

Quoted from o-din:

or indulge in pork bellies.

But slightly frightened about this.

#8 2 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

but they also taste yummy at breakfast time.

Pork bellies. Breakfast of champions !

LTG : )

#9 2 years ago

Sorry o-din, I have a preference for Canadian Back Bacon, so Have Fun! He is a tip, Do not risk it all on something edible.

#10 2 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

Sorry o-din, I have a preference for Canadian Back Bacon, so Have Fun! He is a tip, Do not risk it all on something edible.

This thread can be about all pork investments.

As long as we can keep it positive, I'm more than open to diversifying my portfolio.

#11 2 years ago

Paid 2.50 , would like to double my investment. I only ate a couple

IMG_0507 (resized).JPG

#12 2 years ago

I always keep pork roll in the fridge.
    Yum! Yum!

image (resized).jpeg

#13 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rabbit:

Unlike some of that invisible currency, I think you've got something there!

#14 2 years ago

That's a belly!!

Daisypot-bellied-pig-2.jpg

#15 2 years ago

bottom_bacon (resized).jpg

#16 2 years ago

Taylor pork rolls. First three ingredients; pork, salt, sugar. You are a genius to invest in those. 2 thumbs up !

#17 2 years ago

No pork bellies , no bacon... Bacon goes around a fillet to make it better. Typically I invest in 1/2 hog at a time due to limitations of the freezer.

#18 2 years ago

I recently discovered bacon wrapped dates (with goat cheese).. they're damn delicious

#19 2 years ago

Can pork bellies and beer bellys live together in perfect harmony?
    My gut says they can....

#20 2 years ago

Hatfield meats is only a few miles away. They dropped the "Home of the Smiling Porker" ad campaign slogan years ago due to animal rights protests.

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

#21 2 years ago

Two tums or a Zantac makes them live in perfect harmony !

#22 2 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Can pork bellies and beer bellys live together in perfect harmony?
    My gut says they can....

Here ya go!

https://pupswithchopsticks.com/chinese-style-beer-braised-pork-belly/

#23 2 years ago

Pigs have the best ribs, get that beef shit outta here!

#24 2 years ago

A painter I know used to do work at the plant. After seeing so many different products they make: ham,bacon,hotdogs,sausage,
    scrapple,porkroll even pig ear dog chews,He asked a employee is there any part of the pig they don't use?
    The answer he got was "EVERYTHING but the oink!"

#25 2 years ago

There seems to be some odd growth in the international markets.....

#26 2 years ago

I like this stuff.....

bacon (resized).PNG

#27 2 years ago

I just heard there's an ICO for a new cryptocurrency called Oinkcoin. Mrs. Piggy from the Muppets is the mastermind behind it. I threw $1K at her just for oinks and giggles... it's up 250% already!

#28 2 years ago

pasted_image (resized).png

#29 2 years ago

I would love to get a pork bellie and make my own bacon. Bought a smoker a couple years ago and I’ve cooked and eaten a lot of pork since then. One of the best investments I ever made.

#30 2 years ago

I just got a hot tip from my broker:

Pork belly prices have been dropping all morning, which means that everybody's waiting for it to hit rock bottom so they can buy cheap and go long. Which means that the people who own the pork belly contracts are goin' bat-shit. They're saying, "Hey, we're losing all our goddamn money, and Christmas is just around the corner, and I ain't gonna have no money to buy my son the G.I. Joe with the kung-fu grip, right? And my wife won't f... my wife won't make love to me 'cuz I ain't got no money, right?" So they're panicking right now, they're screaming "SELL! SELL!" to get out before the price keeps dropping. They're panicking out there right now! I can feel it! They out there!

#31 2 years ago

I'm afraid I can't participate. I'm still recovering from christmas buying my kids GI joe with the kung fu grip.

#32 2 years ago

I had a great time at the annual shareholders meeting last November.
    Maybe one too many Bacon Bloody Marys

http://pabaconfest.com

#33 2 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

I just got a hot tip from my broker:
    Pork belly prices have been dropping all morning, which means that everybody's waiting for it to hit rock bottom so they can buy cheap and go long. Which means that the people who own the pork belly contracts are goin' bat-shit. They're saying, "Hey, we're losing all our goddamn money, and Christmas is just around the corner, and I ain't gonna have no money to buy my son the G.I. Joe with the kung-fu grip, right? And my wife won't f... my wife won't make love to me 'cuz I ain't got no money, right?" So they're panicking right now, they're screaming "SELL! SELL!" to get out before the price keeps dropping. They're panicking out there right now! I can feel it! They out there!

I'm considering going long on April pork belly. What do you think, Valentine?

Look at that escargot!

Super-Snail-Racing-Car-108266 (resized).jpg

#34 2 years ago

INDACLUB.
    I like bacon.
    I like ham.
    I like pork.
    100% baconhampork.
    I produce about 3 cups of bacon fat 5 times a week...where can I get this grease of the gods vested at?'

#35 2 years ago

Don't forget that Valentine's Day is coming up mid Feb.
    bacon_roses-for_that-special_someone (resized).jpg

#36 2 years ago

So how are those investments paying off?

My broker said if I invested in Farmer John, our team might have a chance next year. It was quite a pitch.

BkZOjVWCEAACYXV (resized).jpg

#37 2 years ago
    Quoted from DrDQ:

I had a great time at the annual shareholders meeting last November.
    Maybe one too many Bacon Bloody Marys
    http://pabaconfest.com

I prefer baconator stout!

image (resized).jpeg

#38 2 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

I like this stuff.....

Yes Farmers Applewood is the best Bacon. I have a little tip...when I first bought it at Costco I cooked it in a frying pan. Because of the sugars it burns really easy and taste charred. I decided to try to bake it in the oven on a cookie sheet with parchment paper. I cook it at 350 for 30-35 minutes, I am telling you it makes Bacon perfection! I then put it in Tupperware in fridge and microwave for a few seconds to reheat, it stays fresh for about a week. Now if I am buying the cheap Bar S, which I also like, then it is better pan fried. Bacon 101

#39 2 years ago
    Quoted from ultimategameroom:

I prefer baconator stout!

Ship Bottom NJ, nice! I wonder if they’re actually brewing on LBI? Would be a crazy business decision probably, but would be cool to have a brewery there.

#40 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

Yes Farmers Applewood is the best Bacon. I have a little tip...when I first bought it at Costco I cooked it in a frying pan. Because of the sugars it burns really easy and taste charred. I decided to try to bake it in the oven on a cookie sheet with parchment paper. I cook it at 350 for 30-35 minutes, I am telling you it makes Bacon perfection! I then put it in Tupperware in fridge and microwave for a few seconds to reheat, it stays fresh for about a week. Now if I am buying the cheap Bar S, which I also like, then it is better pan fried. Bacon 101

Thanks for the tip. My wife has always fried it in the pan and she really has to watch it. I have been baking it at 425, but using aluminum foil. I'l try the parchment paper and lower temp. I recently started wrapping my briskets in parchment for smoking. That made a huge difference in the finished product.

#41 2 years ago

Finally a thread I can dig into.

#42 2 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

I recently started wrapping my briskets in parchment for smoking. That made a huge difference in the finished product.

Wouldn't the parchment block the smoke from getting at the meat? I got a smoker a year ago & am still learning.

#43 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinlink:

I recently discovered bacon wrapped dates (with goat cheese).. they're damn delicious

Dates are fucking gross.

Note: I’m assuming negatively towards dates in this thread is acceptable, but if not I will gladly accept a thread-eject.

#44 2 years ago
    Quoted from Topher5000:

Wouldn't the parchment block the smoke from getting at the meat? I got a smoker a year ago & am still learning.

You don't wrap in butcher/parchment paper until it hits ~160. Every brisket is different. If it starts stalling as it gets close, I'll go ahead and wrap it. The parchment keeps it from drying out while still preserving the bark and allowing it to get through the stall. I'm no expert, but I've turned a $50 brisket into beef jerky/shoe leather once or twice. I've tried a few different tricks. Simple seasonings (salt and pepper or Montreal Steak) and wrapping in paper have given me the best, no fuss results. Also, I always buy whole briskets. The flat is the driest, least flavorful, and most expensive part of the brisket, but it does give you the pretty slices.

#45 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rabbit:

WHy did you only eat a couple?

#46 2 years ago

what about mad hatters? Are they allowed in here?

mad-hatter-1[1] (resized).jpg

#47 2 years ago

No cop photos?

#48 2 years ago

S

Quoted from SilverBallz:WHy did you only eat a couple?

Going to sell the rest , make a profit and upgrade to the barbecue ones!

#49 2 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

Canadian bacon?

No such thang

It’s just ham that lies

#50 2 years ago

Cops and Bacon.jpg

Eat Bacon.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 209.99
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 20.00
    Various Novelties
    GC Pinball
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 27.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 34.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    € 40.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Creo Pinball
    $ 89.00
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 110.00
    Boards
    AMCO
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    € 9.95
    Playfield - Other
    Multigame
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 32.00
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 115.00
    Playfield - Other
    Great American Pinball
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Plastics
    Maple Street Sign Shop
    $ 12.95
    There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside