Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 278 posts
  • 149 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by CrazyLevi
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_imageRush	2022 LZ	2020 GNR	2020 Beatles	2018 Imdn	2018 Aerosmith	2017 Alice Cooper	2017 Kiss	2015 Metallica	2013 AcDc	201
    psb (resized).jpg
    7FBCFDDF-0124-49E4-BE49-72DC6375191E (resized).jpeg
    41098759-7CBA-4EF8-BE8B-BC55D9D8CB12 (resized).jpeg
    Petty (resized).jpg
    WILLY (resized).jpg
    ELO (resized).JPG
    Accept (resized).jpg
    Thin_Lizzy_-1983 (resized).jpg
    NW.gif
    vRpnRYDyBF4bSQyYGoFS29-1200-80 (resized).jpg
    wendy (resized).png
    WOW_GrammyADBackbend_Carousel4 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    2ECEE0C2-DFF8-449C-AA60-4C8E9FA7C314 (resized).jpeg
    FC21B9D7-08D9-457D-BE39-4407A0834B43 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider StoneyCreek.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#171 2 years ago

Hey Boys, make sure there are no female musicians on the list, OK?!

Anyone who wouldn't want Chrissie on a pin?

#173 2 years ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

I had to look up who Chrissie was, and then still only knew one of the band’s songs. I’d wager a shiny nickel that many people here don’t think The Pretenders are in the upper echelon of bands worthy of a pin. Suzanna Hoffs would probably put more asses in seats if she were featured on a backglass.

So, no women then? I for one really love the sexuality that can be displayed on a translite.....give me a rocker! easy to be a naysayer, but who is your choice?

#178 2 years ago

Sheryl Crow, Gwen Stefani, ....hell even PINK would suffice.

#183 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Sounds like a women's clothing catalog would do the trick for you! What page are you at on the hub!

Very funny! I'm down with all the music pins, just need some attractive back-glass. Tired of looking at 70-80 year old rockers. The GnR late-year concert videos are horror story.

#193 2 years ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

Chick rockers just won’t work. The music needs to be there too… like 12 songs minimum that appeals to a pinball playing audience, and that disqualifies just about every female band in existence. It’s basically down to a Smashing Pumpkins pin with Darcy disproportionately featured on the BG over Corgan, Iha, and Chamberlain if you want a good music pin with a chick to look at.
    Or again, I challenge anyone to find someone who has the same timeless beauty and also more musically successful than Susanna Hoffs. The Bangles are your chick band to beat for a worthy pin. Raise that bar if you can. Timeline of pics incoming…
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

If only Gal Godot had a band...

#194 2 years ago
    Quoted from hanford29:

I'm shocked no one brought up Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. In my opinion they are the best American Classic Rock band of all time. I challenge anyone to say they switch stations when a classic Petty song comes on. And their logo would be amazing across the middle of the playfield or backglass.

^^^this. won't happen unfortunately.

#200 2 years ago
    Quoted from westofrome:

Why not? Band pins sell, and Petty has to be top of the list of remaining big rock acts with broad appeal. I don't see why his estate would be opposed.

I completely agree with you on that, I am a huge petty fan, I've even played a whole Petty set at a couple of gigs. Problem is, and this is speculation since they did actually reach a settlement, his daughters and his widow clearly have differing views on how to protect his legacy.

Rolling Stone in 2019:
    "The estate disagreement reportedly impacted the release of the posthumous collection An American Treasure and scuttled a planned 25th anniversary edition of Petty’s acclaimed 1994 album Wildflowers; the status of that box set reissue remains unknown."

I don't hold much hope on this one.

#220 2 years ago

Any of these..to get away from hair metal for a bit...

ELO (resized).JPGELO (resized).JPGPetty (resized).jpgPetty (resized).jpgWILLY (resized).jpgWILLY (resized).jpg
    #224 2 years ago
    Quoted from gonzo73:

Heres a sampling of artists worldwide sales totals, can only find U S. Sales for the Cars.
    In Millions.
    The WHO 100
    Genesis 100
    Prince 100
    Journey 80
    Van Halen 75+
    Black Sabbath 70
    The Police 70
    Judas Priest 50
    ELO 50
    STYX 45
    Blondie 40
    Megadeth 38
    YES 30
    Jimi Hendrix 30
    BÖC 25
    The Temtations 22
    DIO solo 20
    Slayer 20
    Motörhead 15
    George Thorogood 15
    Testament 14
    The Cars 25 in the U.S.
    Sex Pistols 1.5 million
    And of course Queen 150+ and Pink Floyd a mindboggling 250+

Am I wrong, or does only ONE of those bands have a pin (Who)?
    I'd be down with a Police, U2 or Hendrix for sure. why is U2 not on the list?

1 week later
    #262 2 years ago

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Deep Purple. Talk about excellent pinball music.

Or, Jethro Tull. give me some Aqualung multiball please.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider StoneyCreek.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/popular-band-pins-how-many-are-left?tu=StoneyCreek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.