Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 278 posts
  • 149 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by CrazyLevi
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_imageRush	2022 LZ	2020 GNR	2020 Beatles	2018 Imdn	2018 Aerosmith	2017 Alice Cooper	2017 Kiss	2015 Metallica	2013 AcDc	201
    psb (resized).jpg
    7FBCFDDF-0124-49E4-BE49-72DC6375191E (resized).jpeg
    41098759-7CBA-4EF8-BE8B-BC55D9D8CB12 (resized).jpeg
    Petty (resized).jpg
    WILLY (resized).jpg
    ELO (resized).JPG
    Accept (resized).jpg
    Thin_Lizzy_-1983 (resized).jpg
    NW.gif
    vRpnRYDyBF4bSQyYGoFS29-1200-80 (resized).jpg
    wendy (resized).png
    WOW_GrammyADBackbend_Carousel4 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    2ECEE0C2-DFF8-449C-AA60-4C8E9FA7C314 (resized).jpeg
    FC21B9D7-08D9-457D-BE39-4407A0834B43 (resized).jpeg
    There are 278 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
    #1 2 years ago

Discussion: How many more band pins are left? Rush is a legendary band but where is the cut off? Some people are saying that Rush is the "bottom of the barrel" when it comes to bands with the "legend" status. We have the best of the best in ACDC, LZ, Kiss, Elvis, Beatles, Rolling Stones, G&R, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Alice Cooper, and Aerosmith.

I can only think of about 5 more "legend" bands left: Black Sabaoth, Pink Floyd, U2, Queen, and The Who.
    Honorable Mentions: Foo Fighters, Eagles, Nirvana, Greenday, and Lynyrd Skynyrd. (I may not agree but I can respect these bands popularity)

If we get through the remaining legends do we see "The Cars" or "Chicago" pins?

Just throwing this out there because I am very happy to see the Rush fans having a riot. I am realizing that if I hold out long enough, my favorite band (The Cars) might have a pin released if they keep turning out band pins.

the-cars.jpgthe-cars.jpg
    #2 2 years ago

Judas Priest

You've got another pinball coming

LTG : )

#3 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Judas Priest
    You've got another pinball coming
    LTG : )

I would place them in remaining legends. I am not a HUGE fan of Heavy Metal/hard rock but I can enjoy some Judas Priest. I am just looking for a pat on the back and someone to say "The Cars" are coming soon. Don't you worry."

#4 2 years ago
    Quoted from dantebean:

Discussion: How many more band pins are left? Rush is a legendary band but where is the cut off? Some people are saying that Rush is the "bottom of the barrel" when it comes to bands with the "legend" status. We have the best of the best in ACDC, LZ, Kiss, Elvis, Beatles, Rolling Stones, G&R, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Alice Cooper, and Aerosmith.
    I can only think of about 5 more "legend" bands left: Black Sabaoth, Pink Floyd, U2, Queen, and The Who.
    Honorable Mentions: Foo Fighters, Eagles, Nirvana, Greenday, and Lynyrd Skynyrd. (I may not agree but I can respect these bands popularity)
    If we get through the remaining legends do we see "The Cars" or "Chicago" pins?
    Just throwing this out there because I am very happy to see the Rush fans having a riot. I am realizing that if I hold out long enough, my favorite band (The Cars) might have a pin released if they keep turning out band pins.
    [quoted image]

Slayer.
    The Police?
    I’m shocked you consider U2 legendary. Total crap. Not even close to the level of the others mentioned.

While we’re at it, let’s get a Louis Armstrong or a Waylon & Willie pin.

#5 2 years ago

Hendrix Mic drop!!

#6 2 years ago

Still waiting on Steely Dan.

#7 2 years ago

Easy. Cisco. We haven't achieved Pinball nirvana unless we have played Thong Song Multiball.

#8 2 years ago

Plenty!!

The Who
    Floyd
    Ramones
    Motörhead
    Priest
    Sabbath
    U2

And that’s without thinking about it for more than 5 seconds

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Slayer.
    The Police?
    I’m shocked you consider U2 legendary. Total crap. Not even close to the level of the others mentioned.
    While we’re at it, let’s get a Louis Armstrong or a Waylon & Willie pin.

I absolutely LOVE the Police but I am realistic when I say U2 is more popular worldwide than The Police. I own 4 Police and 2 Sting vinyls so I hear what you are saying.

#10 2 years ago

Obvious choices - Ozzy/Sabbath, Queen, U2, Van Halen.

Ones that should be thoroughly considered - Alice In Chains, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Beastie Boys, Pink Floyd, Motley Crue, Rage Against the Machine, Tool, RHCP.

Ones where a Pinsider can make a solid case based on genre importance, sales, and albums sold, but would the masses like it? - Soundgarden, Incubus, Goldfinger, Weezer, Green Day, Bon Jovi, Linkin Park.

Ones that are inexplicably loved bands but put out consistently horrible music - Foo Fighters, The Who.

#11 2 years ago

Grateful Dead and Pink Floyd need pins along with dozens of other bands. We won’t ever see the end of band pins.

#12 2 years ago

Hands down the most talented musician/singer/song-writer of my life-time with a giant catalogue of hits. And I don't think his Super Bowl halftime show will ever be beat.

prince (resized).jpgprince (resized).jpg

#13 2 years ago

All sorts of bands still waiting for pins. Wilson-Phillips comes to mind.

#14 2 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

Hands down the most talented musician/singer/song-writer of my life-time with a giant catalogue of hits.
    [quoted image]

I don't think his estate would allow it. I totally agree a Prince pin would be amazing.

#15 2 years ago

Shaquille O’Neal as a rapper the pin. You just gotta be creative and there’s tons of ideas out there. So tired of the narrow minded thinking.

#16 2 years ago

I'm thinking of one...

#17 2 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

I'm thinking of one...

Is the hint in your profile pic? lol

#18 2 years ago

Beastie Boys have a good selection of hits, and might appeal to the 80s and 90s crowds.

#19 2 years ago
    Quoted from dantebean:

I don't think his estate would allow it. I totally agree a Prince pin would be amazing.

I agree it would be a huge challenge, but people said the same thing about Led Zeppelin and the Beatles and both of those came to fruition. I think the odds are better than a Pink Floyd pin. The Prince estate seems more open about licensing than Prince was. There's an entire Prince store at the Minneapolis airport full of his merch. How cool would a pinball machine look displayed front and center!
    princestore (resized).pngprincestore (resized).png

#20 2 years ago

That’s it! Rush was the final piece of the puzzle.

Rejoice, music pin haters! The greatest band of all time has their pin, your nightmare is over!!!

#21 2 years ago

ZZ Top

#22 2 years ago

Genesis would be nice as well.

#23 2 years ago
    Quoted from shlt_thunder:

Still waiting on Steely Dan.

Easily my favorite classic rock group. Not sure how it would translate into pinball though.

Billy Joel deserves a legendary status. The man still sells out his MSG residency every month.

#24 2 years ago

Jimi Hendrix
    Dr Dre
    Snoop Dogg
    Nirvana
    The Doors
    Eagles
    Rage Against the Machine
    Grateful Dead
    Parliament-Funkadelic
    Pixies
    Prince
    Pink Floyd
    The Band
    Fleetwood Mac
    Van Halen
    Sly & The Family Stone
    Nine Inch Nails
    Phish
    Radiohead

#25 2 years ago
    Quoted from Acronymicon:

Beastie Boys have a good selection of hits, and might appeal to the 80s and 90s crowds.

That woulds be cool!

#26 2 years ago

Pantera

#27 2 years ago

Go Go’s

#28 2 years ago

Van Halen and Queen

#29 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

That’s it! Rush was the final piece of the puzzle.
    Rejoice, music pin haters! The greatest band of all time has their pin, your nightmare is over!!!

Don't you mean the greatest knob gobblers of all time?

#30 2 years ago

ABBA

#31 2 years ago

Red Hot Chili Peppers comes to mind.

#32 2 years ago
    A65EC9EC-10F0-49C6-AB9D-D8D688BCA194.gifA65EC9EC-10F0-49C6-AB9D-D8D688BCA194.gif
    #33 2 years ago

Early MTV pin featuring Adam Ant, Billy Idol , Flock of Seagulls , etc. Pops can be hair spray cans that spray .This will sell out 10s of LEs day one .

#34 2 years ago

Muse please and thank you

#35 2 years ago

Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefers

#36 2 years ago

Anal Cunt
    Rotting Christ
    Corpsefucker

WHEN STERN, WHEN?!

#37 2 years ago

Anyone ?

3B01861B-0D6B-4C60-A375-18EA73CB93D9 (resized).jpeg3B01861B-0D6B-4C60-A375-18EA73CB93D9 (resized).jpeg
    #38 2 years ago

WU-TANG

Again, and again

#39 2 years ago

Slayer

#40 2 years ago

Can’t wait for Haggis to make THE WIGGLES !!

831B2859-88AD-4EA6-BC4C-04780F6A5D67 (resized).jpeg831B2859-88AD-4EA6-BC4C-04780F6A5D67 (resized).jpeg

#41 2 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

[quoted image]

Tool is the elephant in the room of band themes, so much content and potential!!!

#42 2 years ago

Def Leppard

#43 2 years ago

OK, but 1st 3 albums

#44 2 years ago

Pink Floyd of course!

#45 2 years ago
    moon-walk-michael-jackson.gifmoon-walk-michael-jackson.gif
    #46 2 years ago
    Quoted from EdisonArcade:

OK, but 1st 3 albums

Agree. High 'n' Dry is the best. Stopped listening after Euphoria but Def Leppard from 2015 has a few good tracks.

#47 2 years ago

Boys to Men

#48 2 years ago

The only 2 I’d like to see are Sabbath/Ozzy and Motley Crüe.
    Probably not likely to see Crüe so I created a pinsound mix for my Corvette with instrumental Crüe music and mixed in vocals for sound effects.
    I figure that’s the closest I’ll get to having one

#49 2 years ago

I know it's not dad rock, but Zombie Yeti could knock a Gorillaz pin out of the park.

#50 2 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Anal Cunt
    Rotting Christ
    Corpsefucker
    WHEN STERN, WHEN?!

giphy (9).gifgiphy (9).gif
    There are 278 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/popular-band-pins-how-many-are-left?hl=mechulus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.